As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]RIP Dominion 2011-2016. You will be missed (by Talith)

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    She was out this morning for me on EUW

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Is Kindred out or are you playing on the PBE?

Kindred came out immediately with the patch. I was hoping that would happen, given the delay from the last patch.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Oh exciting! I'm going to wait a week for the price drop though, since I'm always low on IP.

Last night we couldn't get anywhere close to 10 people for my Tuesday night customs, so we 5-manned in normals. I was surprised that the matchmaker was so good on a weeknight; it managed to put our group of 4 silvers and one lvl 15 against other groups of 4 silvers and one sub-30 person--except for the last game, where we were up against one diamond 5 and a bunch of gold 5s, but...frankly, from the way they were playing, I suspect all of the gold 5s were bronze-skilled people who had been elo-boosted by their diamond 5 friend. We beat them pretty handily.
    I continue not to quite understand what's up with my lvl 15 bro who only plays in these custom games and basically only plays Morgana support, showing no inclination to try other things even when offered the opportunity. He's been watching worlds and rooting for all the teams that pick Morgana, heh. And tbh he's more accurate with his Qs than I am...but the sense of where when to ward and when to back and to also AA people in addition to using spells is just not there...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I have a feeling they will be awful in Dominion but I'll try anyways.

Exploring in customs finds that the passive can only be stacked on champions, no monsters and the central shield doesn't work for it. The amount of terrain she can hop is also minimal. The windmill top wall as well as the bottom corners are hoppable. Bottom lane's lane walls are also hoppable along the majority of the thinner sections. The rest is just terrain corner cuts which you can just as easily fail to cross.

Now to throw myself into the wild!

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    So to all the top laners here. There is an interesting Mundo buff in the patch. In addition to its old effects. Masochism now is an attack reset and deals 5% of his max HP on the attack[and every attack for 5 seconds it looks like!].

So its now possible to AA,E, Titanic Hydra for 3x AA + 120-440 + 22% Mundo Max HP basically instantly. Holy moly is that going to surprise people

wbBv3fj.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    According to the wiki it's just his next attack that has the 5% max HP damage on it, but that's no joke, especially as an AA reset. The 5 second buff is still just the +AD buff.

edited October 2015
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    According to the wiki it's just his next attack that has the 5% max HP damage on it, but that's no joke, especially as an AA reset. The 5 second buff is still just the +AD buff.

Wiki says "Mundo's next basic attack increases his basic attack range by 25 and deals and additional 5% of his maximum health as bonus physical damage and for the next 5 seconds" Which implies that the 5% is for the next 5 seconds as well.

Edit: Either way its a boatload of damage. Including the titanic bonus AD in the bonus damage it looks like

3 base damage AA's + 380-600 + 17% mundo max HP

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    ACTIVE: Mundo's next basic attack increases his basic attack range by 25 and deals and additional 5% of his maximum health as bonus physical damage and for the next 5 seconds, Dr. Mundo gains bonus attack damage, increased by 1% per 1% of his missing health.

To me, that just reads as his next basic attack has extra range and deals 5% max health, and also for 5 seconds he gains his flat AD bonus. If not, it wouldn't need the next basic attack verbiage. It would just say for the next 5 seconds, Mundo's attacks deal 5% of his max health and he gains a flat AD boost or some such.

It's just the lack of the oxford comma that's maybe creating the confusion.

It's definitely clear if you look at the actual patch notes that it's only the next attack:

E - Masochism
    NEW GOT THE RESET Now reset’s Mundo’s basic attack timer
    NEW HEALTH SCALING Mundo’s next basic attack after activating Masochism increases his basic attack range by 25 and deals an additional 5% of his Maximum Health
    NEW POUND OF FLESH Mundo’s health cost is paid once he strikes his target, not upon activating the ability

Joshmvii on
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    On the PBE it was stated to only be the next auto having the health scaling auto but since it's Riot. .

butts
    Leveling Kidnred's ult is so unappealing I'm going to leave it as a one point wonder.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Leveling Kidnred's ult is so unappealing I'm going to leave it as a one point wonder.

What does each addional point do? I assume it's the post save heal increase? Or is it just a small CD?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    20 sec cooldown reduction, 50 extra heal

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    That is kinda weak unless you really need it on CD. I can see getting the second point to def have it for the next team fight but...

wbBv3fj.png
    Kindred's ult is definitely weird and needs some tweaks in terms of being worth leveling imo.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Apparently carrying Turtle damaged Lustboy's shoulder.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited October 2015
    "Dyrus will be moving into the “TSM Retirement Home” with ex-teammate Brian ‘TheOddOne’ Wyllie to become a full time streamer."

The TSM retirement home? Ehhhhh...well, I guess it's nice to have friends as roommates. Hopefully in the retirement home they can keep their own schedule and have significant others and, like, cook instead of eating pizza only...

credeiki on
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The client patched and Kindred is out, I thought that was the same patch we were getting All-For-One? When is that coming? The next morning, apparently

The different mode makes me wish (again) that LoL had the extra things Smite's tacked on. They do a different wacky mode-of-the-day (eg Wolfpack, all Warwick on Howling Abyss with big CDR), arena mode, mastery and recolor skins purchasable with their IP equivalent, separate first win of the day bonus for each mode, a trickle of IP & RP for logging in, you can actually see ability details and 3D models of champs and skins in the client... sigh I better stop, but it makes me sad that League has this good gameplay but rests on their laurels with seemingly easy stuff.

Red Raevyn on
    edited October 2015
    I take back my earlier doubts. The Kindred are just fine on dom, I've been having plenty of success with them.

How many stacks does she usually get on SR? The highest I've gotten on CS is 7, with the lowest being 3 I believe.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Why is the ranked season so long? I know it mirrors the pro calendar but it doesn't make sense - you can barely draw a parallel between trying to improve as a solo player and everything involved in pro play. The game isn't even stable throughout - they make huge sweeping changes to it throughout the year. I'd find more frequent, shorter seasons that follow the splits more compelling, eg Spring Summer and Fall then preseason (though just have winter too imo). It'd match up with what teams are aiming for too, win the first split, improve for second, do your best at worlds etc.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    these tribute videos still make me sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBMuDi_xzMQ

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Talith wrote: »
    I take back my earlier doubts. The Kindred are just fine on dom, I've been having plenty of success with them.

How many stacks does she usually get on SR? The highest I've gotten on CS is 7, with the lowest being 3 I believe.

My one game with her I got 10.

I feel that'd be about average if the game goes long. Just because you can stick your mark on the enemy initiator or diver and usually get a kill on them even in fights you lose.

• MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    Installed this game again after yeeears and ... next thing you know its 4 in the morning. As a new player what are my options for free rp points?

• VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »
    Installed this game again after yeeears and ... next thing you know its 4 in the morning. As a new player what are my options for free rp points?

To my knowledge, none. Riot occasionally gives away a few hundred here or there either if theres been problems with the servers or if theres a special event ( I think they gave away a few hundred last Christmas?).

Either way, to get RP you have to fork out some dollar for shiny skins etc.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After years, there are still in ranked games people, who belive in call order, and pick second top laner, because "dont tell me how to live my life".

That's actually amazing.

That's amazing, that i have to dodge and lose LP anyway because of idiots like this.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are Kindred's ganks really weak?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    They're okay. Just the lack of hard cc means if the enemy has any mobility you're not gonna get the three autos your damage needs.

Kindred's E 3rd strike proc certainly takes its sweet freaking time to hit its mark. I see a ton of people flash away only to see wolf slowly chase them, followed byone final chunk for the kill.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    OG vs FW game 1 P/B
    Doesn't NL have a super small champ pool? Surprised they let him have Jinx. Also I'm a bit nervous about the Anivia pick into LB. Hope it works out.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Oh this is happening right now, isn't it...is listening to the game going to make me significantly worse at writing a proposal? Um...ugh, probably. But I'm so hyped to watch Origen! Maybe I'll just stay up stupidly late tonight deciding to watch vods after I play league/hots for a couple of hours, because that's a really good plan....

My wife was sure she'd be Bronze, and with a high number of teammates feeding and stuff (Heimerdinger "ADC", 0/10 junglers, top and mid both going 0/9, Ashe who literally turned around and walked back in to death every time she saved her) in her promos she went 3-7. Still placed Silver IV! She's very pleased with herself to have placed the same as me haha.

edited October 2015
    OG v FW
    PENTAKILL!

edit:
    OG finally figures out how to team fight with their team and has pretty much won game 1

edit3:
    FW goes to Dragon to stop number 5... "hey where did OG go!?"

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    FW/OG G1
    Ahhhh, the ol' Peke switcheroo I see.

Really FW should have seen that coming. They had to have wards in that area of the map and when they pushed in from mid and saw OG there they had to back immediately and cede dragon. FW just wasn't ready to deal with a positional play around a mid field objective and they have to be in order to play at this level. This is a very common play around dragon, usually for mid turrets.

But, basically, you cannot cede position towards an open inhib at any point

wbBv3fj.png
    Game 3 OG vs FW
    Finally forced NL off Jinx/Varus. I'm interested to see how he performs.

OG v FW
    Man I really wanted Origen to win, but thought FW could adapt in a Bo5 and pull it off and picked them for the win. I'm glad I was wrong! It'll be really interesting to see whether Origen can give SKT a good fight.

• fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    OG vs FW, if you haven't watched these games I'd highly recommend you do, generally super close competition.
    OG pulling out all the stops after a misstep in Game 3. Niels got absolutely terrifying by the end there and of course Peke is showing everyone why bird is the word.

EDIT: Honestly though, it seems like Soaz, Karsa and Steak weren't playing super well throughout the series. Soaz making some trademark over-commitments is to be expected but thankfully he picked it up in Game 4. Karsa was making too many mistakes on Rek'sai and Steak was getting overconfident in too many situations, though he did have some great plays on Gnar. This series really was defined by the mids and ADCs with the supports facilitating their dominance.

fsmith1 on
    Four hours in queue today and no pop. Is one-for-all to blame? I bet it freaking is. Freaking hell it isn't even Ascension why is everyone wasting their time?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    If they replaced Dominion with Ascension I'd probably play it non stop