As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

1939495969799»

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I'm honestly still not seeing it.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    oh my god i didnt know universal remote was a primary slot shotgun

i need it

i neeeeed it

In all honesty this may take a bit of doing. I want to say your best bet is to buy legacy engrams when Xur is in town. I'm a pack rat and never shard anything, but with it being a Year 1 weapon with no current Year 2 version it may be hard to find. Also being a Year 1 gun it would be fun/effective in regular crucible, but not IB or Trials.

I do plan to derp around with it for a funsies build after IB is done.

fucking

damnit

Bro I feel you. Honestly both NBP and Universal Remote were considered somewhat mediocre items in Year 1. In addition the NBP change was unforeseen, especially considering DeeJ Edit: Sorry, Bungie had previously straight up DENIED that NBP was getting buffed.

The NBP change opened up a ton of potential builds and weapons like UR which were previously not optimal, all of a sudden has some real applications now.

Wait, you guys have been talking about NBP all this time in theorycraft? o_o

No, it works like that now, which was surprising because Bungie was like "no it won't work like that."

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    oh my god i didnt know universal remote was a primary slot shotgun

i need it

i neeeeed it

In all honesty this may take a bit of doing. I want to say your best bet is to buy legacy engrams when Xur is in town. I'm a pack rat and never shard anything, but with it being a Year 1 weapon with no current Year 2 version it may be hard to find. Also being a Year 1 gun it would be fun/effective in regular crucible, but not IB or Trials.

I do plan to derp around with it for a funsies build after IB is done.

fucking

damnit

Bro I feel you. Honestly both NBP and Universal Remote were considered somewhat mediocre items in Year 1. In addition the NBP change was unforeseen, especially considering DeeJ Edit: Sorry, Bungie had previously straight up DENIED that NBP was getting buffed.

The NBP change opened up a ton of potential builds and weapons like UR which were previously not optimal, all of a sudden has some real applications now.

Wait, you guys have been talking about NBP all this time in theorycraft? o_o

No, they originally announced the change, then took it back like 2 hours later. THEN in the last patch they put the original change (activate on shotgun kills) in the game anyway.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I can't describe how much the NBP changed the game. I've gotten so many multikills off of the ability it isn't even funny

okay, its pretty funny, but that's not the point

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/201142/destiny-its-not-unusual-to-be-loved-by-anyone#latest

New thread! Title in honor of the Carlton.

Heed your King's call, Guardians.

Er, Babar, I mean. Carlton's not the King. OR MAYBE

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    NBP + Shotgun in pvp, Arch? That does sound spicy. I may buy invective because that was always my favorite shotgun.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Questionable but interesting Iron Banner stats have Sunbreakers and Gunslingers leading the pack on K/DD (1.07-8 ish) Stormcallers a bit behind but still higher than average, the other subclasses rounding out around 1 K/D or a little lower (.97-1.0 ish), and Strikers at garbage tier around .91 K/D.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I can't describe how much the NBP changed the game. I've gotten so many multikills off of the ability it isn't even funny

okay, its pretty funny, but that's not the point

Defender was always supposed to be the "tanky" subclass, but were outclassed in most situations because overshield activated on KILL, not on HIT. In practice, Sunsingers and Bladedancers were actually better at absorbing damage AND dishing it out. Warlocks had an on-hit shield, plus a better melee, which made Titans with their tiny melee range even less effective. Blancers had damage reduction on super, plus instakill arc blades and even invisibility depending on spec.

What the new NBP's do, is that they extend the Titan melee perk activation range to shotgun range. They still cost and require a melee charge, but finally the Defender can reliably and effectively activate his overshield in a manner that rewards him for getting close-range kills, but without the handicap of it having to be a melee kill with the worst melee range class.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Removing The Ram basically killed any Warlock PvP dominance. That one exotic was such a bad decision, and made Warlocks the dominant PvP tank.

Surprise to see Strikers still so rare and (apparently) doing really poorly. The Ram basically invalidated Strikers in Year 1, but even removing it hasn't done much for lightning Titans.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Removing The Ram basically killed any Warlock PvP dominance. That one exotic was such a bad decision, and made Warlocks the dominant PvP tank.

Surprise to see Strikers still so rare and (apparently) doing really poorly. The Ram basically invalidated Strikers in Year 1, but even removing it hasn't done much for lightning Titans.

Sunbro literally dominates pretty much every choice for Strikers. Basically they have shoulder charge and some nice grenades and that's it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular

shoulder charging was made bad long before the ram, with the ascendancy of long range instant kill shotguns

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    It's also self fulfilling because good players are now playing sunbro instead of stupid striker. Bad players keep playing striker.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Eh Sun Bro is strong even you're a dummy. Their super is like a guaranteed 1.0 in most matches.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Eh Sun Bro is strong even you're a dummy. Their super is like a guaranteed 1.0 in most matches.

Completely not true. As a dummy Sun Bro, my k/d is about .3. Seriously, if you're bad at PvP, you're bad at PvP and no class is going to make that better.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Chadzilla1983Chadzilla1983 Registered User regular
    Anyone wanting a break from IB tonight and want to raid? Xbone around 9 pm PST?

XBOX Live GT: Chadzilla1983
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I've been thinking about ways to more offensively use the bubble. Most of my ideas stem from using the Saint-14 and deploying in hallways and corridors to force the enemy to come through the blind or go around, essentially making fish in a barrel.
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    but i agree that NBP is like my favorite fucking exotic ever

plus it looks fucking baller when rocking a gold or orange shader

It's a great exotic and it does look cool. Except that it gives me baby arms compared to some of the other Titan shoulders, which are WoW-like in their extreme size.

They really take the T Rex arms of the Titan to a whole new level.

IMMOLATION FISTS FOR TRUE GUNDAM FORM AND POWER

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Wrong thread

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Reddits idea about what caused the weapon parts nerf.
    Tom: Yo Carl! The players are complain' bout low weapon parts?

Carl: Huh? I cant hear yea! Speak up!!

Tom: Did we nerf the weapon parts drop rate?!

Carl: Nerf weapon parts drop rate? Okay
    Why is it always a Carl? :bigfrown:

In other news, did the "move really slowly towards the Hall of Souls" with @Haphazard and we dud find 4 people doing Court of Oryx, so Crota's Fanboy's fragment is ours!
    And a 3 of Coins dropped a 310 Crest of Alpha Lupi (with Solar Burn protection/more Armor on Solar class) so I am very happy :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about ways to more offensively use the bubble. Most of my ideas stem from using the Saint-14 and deploying in hallways and corridors to force the enemy to come through the blind or go around, essentially making fish in a barrel.

Bubble a heavy weapon drop and transition into a killing spree!

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Bubble a heavy weapon drop and transition into a killing spree!

I'll throw a bubble on a point being capped, then shotgun everything that moves.

I die quite a bit, but it disperses them pretty well.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Derp wrong thread

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    @rndmhero @metaghost @Fawst @Muffinatron @Octavian

@Celian needed a 6th and you guys have 3 reserves, so I'm gonna fill in for them this week since you can easily replace me.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //