As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Festival of the Lost is live! Big head mode and cavities for everyone!

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    It is at least more difficult to abuse than the spamhammers.

Spamhammer wasn't good in PVP anyway. The spamming inputs made it very hard to keep on target, much less move around, aim and hit targets. Now it wrecked stationary bosses in PVE, sure.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Erevar wrote: »
    *** SNIP VIDEO ***
    Shitttt......hunter have a super bug hope bungie fixes asap.

Comment thread from reddit:
    Person 1 wrote:
    Sweet, I'm going to go try this out in crucible with a 6 man fireteam of hunters. I'll report back on how it goes.

Edit: Sunbreaker killed us all.
    Person 2 wrote:
    Sunbreakers, more powerful than game breaking exploits...

Seen in a later thread...

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJeDz2oHZQs

Buff Sunbreakers.

Also what is this bullshit about Sunbreaker having such bad grenades? Fusion Grenades and Thermite are not bad, I dont know which the last one is though, is it Incendiary grenade?

Sirialis on
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It's also self fulfilling because good players are now playing sunbro instead of stupid striker. Bad players keep playing striker.
    Hey ... Shutup!
    I finished my PvP striker quest line last night. Now on to bubbles! (I think)

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Boy, Iron Banner sure is a boring slog.

Only 60 rep per win, you have to get all the way to rank 5 in one week because it will reset, only one game type instead of some actual variation, unfulfilling loot rewards...

You are basically required to play the same control matches obsessively for a week straight if you want like, a shader or an okay 280 gun.

What a shit event.

There is some obvious lag going on in that video, sorry. The tether not affecting him at all is obviously not intended. Plus someone else pointed out in that thread that the damage on one of the arrows registered multiple seconds later.

Also, it's Iron Banner. What are the light levels?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Sunbro is maybe 3 activations a match, 3-15 kills. I can get a higher average on striker with shoulder charge and lightning grenades (pre shotgun buff). I guess I don't have a point here

jCyyTSo.png
    edited October 2015
    Is it just me that is experiencing the game freezing recently? I tried the game freezing at the minotaurs in Undying Mind, while Sunday Best did Oryx himself... and an hour ago in Crucible just after I picked up Heavy ammo for that stupid sword hoping to get some kills out of that match - Nope.

Never had any freezes before TTK.

I'm not using any weapons with Firefly right now.

Sirialis on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Only 60 rep per win, you have to get all the way to rank 5 in one week because it will reset, only one game type instead of some actual variation, unfulfilling loot rewards...

You are basically required to play the same control matches obsessively for a week straight if you want like, a shader or an okay 280 gun.

What a shit event.

Normally I'd disagree because the warlock IB armor has been my favorite armor for everything since vanilla.

But I can only get fucking boots this week.

I have been waiting since TTK dropped for an IB helm or chest, and I am so massively disappointed.

What is this I don't even.
    Sirialis wrote: »
    *** SNIP VIDEO ***

Person 1 wrote:
    Sweet, I'm going to go try this out in crucible with a 6 man fireteam of hunters. I'll report back on how it goes.

Person 2 wrote:

Source

Buff Sunbreakers.

Also what is this bullshit about Sunbreaker having such bad grenades? Fusion Grenades and Thermite are not bad, I dont know which the last one is though, is it Incendiary grenade?

I don't think Sunbreakers have bad grenades at all. However Fusion is basically a solar Magnetic, and Thermite is demonstrably worse than Lightning for damage, with about the same area denial.

Incendiary is actually really nice and can oneshot, but is very finicky about range, you have to have it explode right on top of them for the burn to finish it off.

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    but i agree that NBP is like my favorite fucking exotic ever

plus it looks fucking baller when rocking a gold or orange shader

It's a great exotic and it does look cool. Except that it gives me baby arms compared to some of the other Titan shoulders, which are WoW-like in their extreme size.

They really take the T Rex arms of the Titan to a whole new level.

IMMOLATION FISTS FOR TRUE GUNDAM FORM AND POWER

reposted for correct thread

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    From reddit:

"I Don't See Why Everyone is Complaining About Sunbreakers"
    All they do is give you an extra Solar Grenade that lasts longer.

Supposedly year 2 sunbreakers will give two grenades. I can't wait!

hoodie13 wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    but i agree that NBP is like my favorite fucking exotic ever

plus it looks fucking baller when rocking a gold or orange shader

It's a great exotic and it does look cool. Except that it gives me baby arms compared to some of the other Titan shoulders, which are WoW-like in their extreme size.

They really take the T Rex arms of the Titan to a whole new level.

IMMOLATION FISTS FOR TRUE GUNDAM FORM AND POWER

reposted for correct thread

Maulers are also nice for Gundam Shoulders.

• RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    *** SNIP VIDEO ***

Person 1 wrote:

Person 2 wrote:

Source

Buff Sunbreakers.

I don't think Sunbreakers have bad grenades at all. However Fusion is basically a solar Magnetic, and Thermite is demonstrably worse than Lightning for damage, with about the same area denial.

Incendiary is actually really nice and can oneshot, but is very finicky about range, you have to have it explode right on top of them for the burn to finish it off.

Burn is good for keeping people's shields down longer

edited October 2015
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

What a shit event.

Normally I'd disagree because the warlock IB armor has been my favorite armor for everything since vanilla.

But I can only get fucking boots this week.

I have been waiting since TTK dropped for an IB helm or chest, and I am so massively disappointed.

Pretty much, I wanted either the Helmet or the Chestpiece since the Raid is stingy with those drops for my warlock and I am goddamn sick of those Druid robes in particular.

No robes or helmets - no interest in wading through that glorified lag mode.

Sirialis on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Who wants to bet trials will be boots only as well?

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Who wants to bet trials will be boots only as well?

They already sold those once before anyway.

Maybe its the class item only.

edited October 2015
    Remington wrote: »
    *** SNIP VIDEO ***

Person 1 wrote:

Person 2 wrote:

Source

Buff Sunbreakers.

Burn is good for keeping people's shields down longer

Are talking PvP? Because Lightning kills your whole shield and about 30-40% of your lifebar with one pulse. Two pulses kill you. Thermite is between 42-46 per wave. You have to stand in like the entire grenade to die. Lightning kills you in the time it takes you to lose 90 shield from a Thermite.

EDIT: OH, Incendiary Burn! Yeah, that's another advantage of Incendiary, it's like a pocket Thorn burn. That is definitely correct. I read burn and thought Thermite, My bad.

Hiryu02 on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I'm not that jazzed about the boots but I want that pulse rifle. And having hit rank 2.25 on day 1 I like my odds of getting Goldspiral finally (never had both the time to hit rank 5 and the glimmer to buy it). Also the snazzy new double-wolf emblem.

I wonder if there's a secret quest or anything for hitting rank 6.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Yeah that Pulse riffle sounds really good when you look at the perk for a PvP. Fast reload and radar on screen are nice.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    After reading the last 10 pages from here and the previous thread I feel like I'm making the right decision of skipping IB this time around. The class items do look pretty cool and that pulse rifle has a nice set of perks, but neither to me is worth the frustration and investment of time. The Villainy from FWC looks be to almost the same thing Nirwen's Mercy if I want to spend marks on a well rolled vendor pulse rifle.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

What a shit event.

Sheesh negative nancy much? You get a buff that should massively increases rep gains as the week progresses, and if you have alts, it will reduce the reqs for rep levels based on the highest rep level any one of your characters has reached. By Sunday/Monday, a couple of games will shoot you straight to rank 3.

You used to have to buy this rep boost, but it should be applied automatically now.

Cobell on
    I don't know how much I'd care about Iron Banner this time around if it weren't for this Crucible quesr I can work on concurrently.

That's weird. Just have higher rep gains across the board the whole event. Let people play at their own pace.

Also rep problem aside having no variation in match types is awful.

Cobell wrote: »

What a shit event.

Sheesh negative nancy much? You get a buff that should massively increases rep gains as the week progresses, and if you have alts, it will reduce the reqs for rep levels based on the highest rep level any one of your characters has reached. By Sunday/Monday, a couple of games will shoot you straight to rank 3.

You used to have to buy this rep boost, but it should be applied automatically now.

Yeah, I hit rank two and change on the first day with limited playtime after work. Rank 5 should be very doable for anyone who plays regularly during the week.

I'm pretty sure that on Monday the Tempering buff gives you 150% bonus rep gain. Having the full emblem/class item/shader set on is, I think, a 30% bonus. Dunno if having the "bonus Crucible rep" bubble on the new class item influences that or not. But if not, cashing in all three weekly bounties come Monday will get you 3x 525 * 1.3 * 2.5, for 5100 rep. So if you can hit rank 3 with matches and daily bounties, finish out those three and hang on to them, you're done com Monday.

• CobellCobell Registered User regular
    That's weird. Just have higher rep gains across the board the whole event. Let people play at their own pace.

That's what it does. There's just an added bonus buff for people with alts.

Also for people who mostly play on the weekends, or find out about the event late.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular

After a year of having Iron banner the same (improving, actually) each time, it's interesting hearing the opinions of someone seeing it for the first time.

jCyyTSo.png
    I also don't have a high opinion of Destiny's pvp to begin with, quite frankly

But if I'm free to play it now but not on the weekend, I get far less than if the situation were the opposite.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    IB used to be so much worse for rep. I remember when losing meant you got absolutely no rep. Not even a coin to boost the rep you got the next time you won. People would quit games that they thought would be a loss. It was awful.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    IB used to be so much worse for rep. I remember when losing meant you got absolutely no rep. Not even a coin to boost the rep you got the next time you won. People would quit games that they thought would be a loss. It was awful.

Yeah it sucked. Meant you basically had to roll fire team or go home.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I know it is a defender-specific strategy, but the ability of a defender with a bubble to force the enemy to make a choice (give up the control point he has camped on) or return and take it back, thus losing ground elsewhere is an infinitely better use of any defender's time than trying to kill all the dudes or siege really defended points

I've mentioned before that in Y1 at least, a Defender is ideal for taking an enemy point on offense, while a Striker is great at defending a point from enemy attack.

I think it still holds pretty true. Defenders can, of course, defend a point but their bursts of invincibility are more useful as denial, whereas a surprise Fist of Havok or striker grenades can do more to stop people from taking points already held

Sunbros, of course, can do either as they please depending on whether their super is up or not

Control is the best gametype so I don't mind every IB match being that. I don't know if I'd even bother if it was Clash.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

But if I'm free to play it now but not on the weekend, I get far less than if the situation were the opposite.

Look at it this way: It's widely thought that after match drops are dependent upon Rep level. If you rep up early in the week you have a theoretical longer period of time to get such phat loot drops than the person who hits 5 on Sunday. In fact, if the guy on Sunday just starts playing there may be no reasonable expectation to ever hit rank 5 in the two days and so why even bother playing at all if you won't ever get even a single chance at phat loots?

It's a sensible community management idea though admittedly can create some perverse incentives for individuals.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Quoting from the previous thread, as I've been too busy to reply:
    3clipse wrote: »
    oh my god i didnt know universal remote was a primary slot shotgun

i need it

i neeeeed it

In all honesty this may take a bit of doing. I want to say your best bet is to buy legacy engrams when Xur is in town. I'm a pack rat and never shard anything, but with it being a Year 1 weapon with no current Year 2 version it may be hard to find. Also being a Year 1 gun it would be fun/effective in regular crucible, but not IB or Trials.

I do plan to derp around with it for a funsies build after IB is done.

fucking

damnit

Bro I feel you. Honestly both NBP and Universal Remote were considered somewhat mediocre items in Year 1. In addition the NBP change was unforeseen, especially considering DeeJ Edit: Sorry, Bungie had previously straight up DENIED that NBP was getting buffed.

The NBP change opened up a ton of potential builds and weapons like UR which were previously not optimal, all of a sudden has some real applications now.

Wait, you guys have been talking about NBP all this time in theorycraft? o_o

No, it works like that now, which was surprising because Bungie was like "no it won't work like that."

That makes sense now. That means you're less crazy. :pop:

Also: TOTALLY WORTH DIGGING UP THE OTHER THREAD TO GET. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Team late Bloomers aka team ugh aka team illegal maple syrup me and @Haximus will be unable to raid Fridays next few weeks. You guys down for Saturday or Sunday raids?
    @Hiryu02 @Iron Weasel @Casually Hardcore

Honestly I'm okay at any time during the week. If we get everyone in one place during the week I'm down to do a quick boss or two even before the weekend.
    Same here. I know Monkey is cheating on us with other raids in the Xbone and PS4, but if we can get everyone on tomorrow night (for example), then let's bang out a couple of bosses.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Team late Bloomers aka team ugh aka team illegal maple syrup me and @Haximus will be unable to raid Fridays next few weeks. You guys down for Saturday or Sunday raids?
    @Hiryu02 @Iron Weasel @Casually Hardcore

Honestly I'm okay at any time during the week. If we get everyone in one place during the week I'm down to do a quick boss or two even before the weekend.
    Same here. I know Monkey is cheating on us with other raids in the Xbone and PS4, but if we can get everyone on tomorrow night (for example), then let's bang out a couple of bosses.

What can I say I'm a whore

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Guys, really sorry but I can't make it to the 7:30 raid tonight.

If any Xboxers need that Ghost shell, there's a spot open:

https://www.the100.io/game/357621

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Guys, really sorry but I can't make it to the 7:30 raid tonight.

If any Xboxers need that Ghost shell, there's a spot open:

https://www.the100.io/game/357621

I am not on the100 but I can take this spot

This discussion has been closed.