As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX AUS 2015 Challenge Coin! ALL GONE! :(

124»

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if there is any delivery info for the coins I ordered.

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think @fishfishmonkeyhat has the tracking numbers for all of our orders, he gave me mine when I messaged him. He might know.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I only got tracking for the 2 bigger shipments. Don't know if @akidderz has info for the smaller ones.

GUYS THE COINS ARE HERE IN MY HANDS!

Pics soon, but early preview:
    Holy shit these look awesome!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Borrowed my sister's fancy camera yesterday to try to capture these in all their glory:

Le7h9Fv.pngTjnVABz.png

Click for big:

sv0oXPPm.jpg ZY18K40m.jpg dfRGz7Wm.jpg nhN7cdbm.jpg

Here's a pic of the protective sleeve they come with. Also shows the coin's gold colour the most accurately:

JGRHUmDm.jpg

Really happy with how these turned out.

OTHER STUFF: I'll be sending a group email to coin picker-uppers with details on how best to track me down at the show in the next few days.

Also about to relaunch the order form with a shipping option for people in the US for the few who have expressed interest in getting one of these cheaply.

edited October 2015
    I have received confirmation my coin order has been dispatched via the US Postal Service as I requested delivery to a Post Office box. In theory I should receive the coins before PAX Aus.

Edit:
    I've received confirmation that all Australian coin orders have been dispatched.

PDP11 on
    edited October 2015
    Big update to OP with photos and new form information. We now have a shipping option for people in the US who would like to order one. Orders should be placed by the 15th of November. Check out the OP or just follow this link for the new form:

http://tiny.cc/AUS2015CoinOrderForm

EDIT: Feel free to retweet this if you like:

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think i got the limited edition, guys!

<3 fishfish

0e37rcqul7ds.jpg

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Your tiny little hands were a pain to cut out.

Just counting them out and double checking I have the right amount for the pickup orders:

LRK8mlCl.jpg

Good news, I do!

Also just about to send out a group email to said picker-uppers about how to find me at PAX. Lookout for it!

edited October 2015
    Cut/paste of my email in case anyone missed it:
    Hello challenge coin purchasers!

My name's Blake (aka fishfishmonkeyhat) and I'll be the guy you need to find to collect your challenge coin/coins!

I look like this:

gh04eSZ.jpg

And I'll probably be carrying this bag (it will probably have a sign about the coins under the fish fish monkey hat):

n6KWmoO.jpg

WHERE CAN YOU TRACK ME DOWN?!

I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza just across the water from the venue:

VZ6CjJ6.jpg

So if you happen to be staying there, we can meet up in the foyer! You probably aren't staying there though, so here's some more options!:
    • I arrive Thursday afternoon/evening. I have to collect my panel badge at the venue, and I have a group dinner planned for 7.30pm at Gasolina (South Wharf), so If you happen to be near the venue around then you can message me (see below) and we'll see if we can arrange something.
    • Most mornings I'll be in the Merch Lite line for an hour or more when the doors open up to grab some show pins, so there's a good chance you'll be able to find me there.
    • I have a panel about pin collecting on Saturday at 12:30pm in the Bunyip Theatre. Probably best if you catch me out the front just before it starts, because afterwards I'll be rushing over to..
    • PA Staff pin trading event! 2pm in the Queue Room. I'll probably be in line there for an hour or two, so that's another good spot to find me.

If one of those times seems perfect for you, let me know and I'll make sure I have enough coins on me when I'm there. If none of those options work for you let me know and we'll see what we can do.

I'll leave handing out my mobile number unless I really need to, so the best ways to get my attention quickly at the show are to either send an email to this address or hit me up on twitter: @fishmonkeyhat

Please bring/have on you either the last 4 digits of the paypal transaction ID, or an ID with a name that matches the paypal purchase so I can confirm I'm giving them to the right people! If you have any other questions or problems please let me know!

I'm also planning to start a photo competition in the next day or two to win 2 of next years AUS Challenge coin and have your photo featured on the coin. I don't have all the details worked out right now, but if you're interested ask me when you pick up your coins and I should have some info by then.

Thanks for supporting our first Australian challenge coin! Hopefully it will be the first of many.

SEE YOU ALL AT PAX AUSTRALIA 2015!

fishfishmonkeyhat.

If you're picking up more than one pin you should try to let me know in advance when you plan to catch me, as I probably won't carry around the big lots of coins unless I know someone's coming to get them. ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also talked a bit about the coin at the end of the latest Pinny Pals Podcast (ep 18) and gave a shout-out to @SkeleVader and @akidderz.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    edited October 2015
    For those people who have missed out on a Challenge coin there will be one given away each day as a prize in the informal Johann Sebastian Joust Tournaments at 5:00pm each day.

Edit:
    There is now a signup for these tournaments in the Joust area (see maps). Currently this is on the back of the whiteboard in the Joust area. Signup for the Friday tournament has just started.

PDP11 on
  • Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for organising this. The coin looks great!

edited November 2015
    Making a note here; huge success!

Hah, the night I got in I noticed this tag on my suitcase:

x84L9Da.jpg

There was a bit of weight in 55 of those coins.

I also had a small sign printed up on canvas to attach to my pin trading bag:

Hnb476Il.jpg

Unfortunately it didn't seem to generate as much interest as I would have liked, but one or two people asked me about them!

It was great meeting all of you. Still chasing up one or two people I wasn't able to catch, but otherwise it's all good (if you didn't get your coin and haven't gotten any emails from me, please send me a PM!).

I have to say my favourite moment was when I gave one of my extras to Kris Straub. I thought he'd probably just be polite and thank me, but he seemed genuinely excited and said he'd actually been after one. And on top of that he insisted on trading me this:

TscgYwqm.jpg

Which made me genuinely excited!

He even took a second (or 6) to do a quick vine with me:

So yes, that's this years coin basically wrapped up!

Don't forget you've got until November 15th to get your order in for the second (and last) run of this years coin. It will probably be a run of just 50 coins, and we have about 30 ordered now. I'll probably buy the last few to make it even, so if you're interested I'd do it sooner rather then later.

Don't forget to submit any show photos you'd think might be good for next years coin to PAXAUSChallengeCoin@outlook.com. If your photo is chosen as a main part of next year's design I'll send 2 of that year's coin (and perhaps 1 or 2 of this years coin, depending on availability) to the winner! I'll be making a separate thread about this soon, want to catch everyone while they're looking at this sub and have the photos handy.

Once again, thanks for supporting this everyone and I hope to see you all again next year! Don't forget to thank @SkeleVader and @akidderz for helping me get this both started and completed!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    CuZZa wrote: »
    I'll bring along my Prime 2010/11/12 coins for you guys to check out.

Oh shit, did you do that? I would have liked to have seen them.

@luckycharm and @pobblebonk just a reminder that you have to order your pins by the 15th of this month!

Ok, I just checked the orders for the final run of 50 coins, and there are 3 left.

So unless you were planning on ordering like 10 or 20 which might convince @akidderz to do a larger production run (PM me), you probably shouldn't wait until the 15th to get your order in!

1 coin left.

@Smuffy got the last one!

See you again next year! Thanks everyone.

Just cross-posting this in the challenge coin threads:

If you're after a hard plastic case to protect/display your coins I grabbed some from this seller on ebay.

N6oblzsm.jpg

fyi.

Had a minor issue with coins delivery. I was to get 6 coins from the second production batch due to an over payment for my first set. Eventually got off my backside and emailed to ask what had happened to the delivery of my coins from the second production run. I received an email reply that the warehouse was going to be asked what had happened to the coins. Been silence ever since. Do you know what became of my second batch coins?

You'd have to talk to @akidderz about that. Which it sounds like you have. So he'd just need to tell us what he found out I guess. Did you try emailing them again?

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Doing it again this year?

Yes. I was supposed to create the thread at the start of this month but I got distracted by work. Will do soonish.