As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 date?

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    PAX East is by far my most difficult vacation to plan for. I have to begin like 7-9 months in advance. Seeing who is going, how many passes we need, who is going to be buying them, how many we need to sleep, securing nearby room(s) that can fit all of us in case we don't get rooms at the con rate, trying to keep my schedule free from 10 AM - 4 PM ET on the days I think tickets may drop etc. It's stressful especially if I have to be on the road during a prime ticket time, but feels so good when the last tickets have been purchased and everyone has been notified. The actual PAX itself is easy, we pick a panel schedule but rarely stick to it, we just go with the flow of the moment and always have a great time.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    am hoping to get another heads up from Khoo as in the past with a 'don't bother freaking out yet' ... that was at least Some relief :P Edited: Thanks @Robert Khoo :D

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    It sure was!

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    I will tweet.

Some guy.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Looking forward to trying to go this year ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Saw that, very good to know

Wishes he could change his username
  • PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I just hope they can confirm the date soon... I got plane tickets to buy

pax%20sig.png
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    when does pax aus wrap?

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    It's Oct 30-Nov 1st.

So my money would be either around the 4th or 11th of Nov for tickets going on sale.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    Makes sense they will avoid Thanksgiving week, but we'll see.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    So, basically, it's going to be like it was last year. Stressing as it gets closer and closer to Thanksgiving. UGH. And yeh, please, Khoo, announce the official dates already!!!! At least last year we new when the dates for 15 were right after 14!!!!

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    If i announce the dates, that dramatically decreases your chance of getting a ticket on the day of.

Some guy.
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    If i announce the dates, that dramatically decreases your chance of getting a ticket on the day of.

I'm much more concerned with the official dates of PAX East itself. We know we need to keep an eye out for ticket sales, but event dates were announced then pulled from the site and now the Boston Convention site has another event booked April 23-24 when I believe the pulled dates for PAX were April 22-24 [correct me if I'm wrong].
    We are actually doing PAX/Boston as our Honeymoon next year, so I'm getting real antsy not being able to plan anything yet without actual dates.

5fhxvn385q28.png

Yeah, I mean the dates of PAX itself, as the dates where on the BCEC website (April 22-24) but has since been taken off, which raises everyone's suspicions of a potential date change even though there's a 10 year contract. etc.

pax%20sig.png
    starNOstar wrote: »
    and now the Boston Convention site has another event booked April 23-24 when I believe the pulled dates for PAX were April 22-24 [correct me if I'm wrong].

"4/23/2016 - 4/24/2016 New England Cannabis Convention Hynes 5,000"

It's at the Hynes which is in the Sheraton, so no conflicts there.

pax%20sig.png
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    starNOstar wrote: »
    and now the Boston Convention site has another event booked April 23-24 when I believe the pulled dates for PAX were April 22-24 [correct me if I'm wrong].

"4/23/2016 - 4/24/2016 New England Cannabis Convention Hynes 5,000"

It's at the Hynes which is in the Sheraton, so no conflicts there.

Thanks PurpleBek, I must have looked at the event above which was BCEC.
    Still going bananas here, the hotel we wanted to stay in has gone up $170 a night in the past month for the suite for these dates. I know there will be partnered hotel discounts but not for the room type we want.

5fhxvn385q28.png
    Yeah, flights have gone up £200, last year when dates were 100% I booked them back in September.

pax%20sig.png
    Yeah at least the dates for the con itself and the Soon for the tickets would be fine for now

F5 and TweetDeck are enough when it comes time

I'm sorry. I meant the official dates for the convention itself, not the date that tickets would go onsale. I know the ticket dates would never been announced beforehand. Sorry for the confusion.

Robert - Is is safe to say then that the East event dates [not ticket sale date] won't officially be announced until after Pax Aus is finished?

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Did they even update before tickets went live last year? I want to say no, but does anyone else remember?

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    The actual dates of the 2015 event were announced almost immediately after the end of 2014 (again, i'm talking the dates of the event, not the ticket sales date).

Not on the PAX website, I think they update slightly before, along with the big ol' "SOON"

pax%20sig.png
  • ItaraItara Registered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Not on the PAX website, I think they update slightly before, along with the big ol' "SOON"

I remember last year, slightly before ticket sales went live, they put the dates of the event on the website and under ticketing it said "SOON." I want to say it was about a week before the tickets went live, but that may be an over estimate.

The wait begins...

• Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    Gotta get those tickets I wanna get Friday and Sunday luckily those sellout slower then Saturday but if Saturday is avaible better believe I'm getting Saturday

TbjrD9q.png
    If you do everything right, you should get all 3

Speaking of which.. is there any way to raise the volume of tweetdeck tweets or get Windows 10 Twitter app to notify me when a specific user tweets... AND where is the download for that PAX East ticket tracker app?

• Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting myself a badge. Being the runner up to the Omegathon has its perks. :D

2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    Speaking of which.. is there any way to raise the volume of tweetdeck tweets or get Windows 10 Twitter app to notify me when a specific user tweets... AND where is the download for that PAX East ticket tracker app?

I'm just nervous because PAX tweets hasn't been showing up on my phone even though I set it too

TbjrD9q.png

I'm just nervous because PAX tweets hasn't been showing up on my phone even though I set it too

Might haven't either, only reason we got ours last year because it worked on our old Iphone

pax%20sig.png
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Hoping that I have success getting a Saturday badge this year as well.

I have a question though. Will PAX East do away with weekend passes and will require you to buy 3 individual badges, similar to Prime?

Canderson1989 on

I got my ipod notifications to work, but for me, during the times when tickets are most likely to go on sales, I will probably be on my PC.

my phone had messed up and deleted my number for some reason which is why I was not getting notifactaions I just had to put my number in again and I was good to go maybe try that out

damn just checked and I never got any of those messeges koo posted these past week

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Once the actual event dates are announced, Twitter will be super busy to watch for the ticket announcement. I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
    for some reason my number had been deleted again which is why I was not getting them not sure why this is happining as I am pretty sure I am not doing it but maybe check to make sure your number is not as well if you are having this issue

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Was having the same issue with not receiving notifications from twitter. Deleted my phone and added it back. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Just gotta wait for Robert to tweet to test it! :)

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Nope, alerts STILL not working. Offical_Pax and Robert both just tweeted....no text to my phone. GRRRRRR.....

This discussion has been closed.