As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Aus pin quest Update: Now with Banner

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    wow. that's light...

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    True, but what you lack in numbers you make up for in exclusivity...for example that Helix pin will be crazily sought after because it is a gag that non-traders enjoy and it is probably going to be handed out poorly like at East and Prime with the added bonus of being in Aus. So, you know get that and you are golden with the completionists.

• MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    wow. that's light...

But slowly increasing each year. Year one had one partner pin, last year had 4, this year is 6. I was hoping for at least 8, but 6 is an improvement.

• Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thank god for the pax rising area or we would have almost nothing to collect. let's hope some of the other companies can bring some spares or reprints like Microsoft did last year with sunset. That will at least make the trade session not as critical (what am I saying , it was always going to be critical).

• BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Well I would still advise going to the trade session with the staff because at Prime Jeff had a habit of hiding any Prime 2015 pins he got, because he said he liked having them for people who couldn't go to Prime. So you might find a Prime pin there.

• MaxxsenseMaxxsense N. Ridgeville OhioRegistered User regular
    The Screencheat Logo Pin is my favorite of the PAX AUS Pins.

Check out my Virtual Pin Lanyard: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Maxx_Sense
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Well I would still advise going to the trade session with the staff because at Prime Jeff had a habit of hiding any Prime 2015 pins he got, because he said he liked having them for people who couldn't go to Prime. So you might find a Prime pin there.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Seriously, they could make Scuba Kemper (as I am calling him) all four of the Core pins and I'd still want it. It's a brilliant pin.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Was hoping 2K (XCOM out next Feb) or the Deus Ex guys might've had something up their sleeve. Show pins are amazing. Wouldn't have minded a Malahedron either

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh crap, I am desperate for that Helix pin. I'm gonna have to call in all the favours with my friends/non-consenting pinwives.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'mma just trade for it.

• Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Man, that Screencheat pin came out even better than I thought. So glad to work with the Samurai Punk guys to get that happening. It was bloody hard keeping that a secret!

I'm really happy with Medius, too. He's a horrifying cannibal you bump into in the sewers from our first Gamebook Adventures game. He turned up in Assassin in Orlandes and Curse of the Assassin, so we'll be giving copies of those when you buy the pin from us. We'll have some of the Tin Man pin available too.

My personal goal at PAX Aus is to have more cool pins for you guys to collect! I'll keep at it, I promise!

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    LOVE the screencheat pin. Hoping its a little larger than normal. My initial idea for it was 4 individual pins for each colour.

New tinman pin looks cool, looks like a Gabe drawn character imo.

WOTC, awesome character design dispite my lack of knowledge of its origin

R&B death squares. are....red and blue squares, need to see the game to warm up to it maybe

twitch helix........i cant separate my thoughts on the design to my feelings on the terrible distribution methods....just release your own personal "twitch pins collection" so i can ignore you again........

AUS set, My absolute favourite PAX set now, so many colours, (more than the ACTUAL barrier reef, but hey, creative freedom!)

AUS poly, looks good, like the brighter yellow compared to the text logo

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

So does that mean we can trade with you 6 times instead of 2 each day? :P

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015

Does this mean she'll also be hauling a * around everywhere while wearing a Seahawks hat?

* - WAIT, check that, carry a microphone around and repeat the intro to the staff podcast would be more amusing...

If anything, it would be horrifyingly accurate cosplay.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    Helix!!!

Love the fishies !! I love fish and pins, fish pins woot!

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    How early can you start lining up for a line before the event?

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
    As many hours as you want. But is that really how you want to spend your Pax?

vonhist wrote: »
    As many hours as you want. But is that really how you want to spend your Pax?

That was dependant on the answer, it's looking like no :P

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    ----
    edited October 2015
    @grgemonkey Depending on the setup Enforcers might start herding you away if they haven't started queuing that event yet. You can probably hang around the area if you really want to, but if there's no line the Enforcers won't have anywhere to actually put you.

misskass on
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nefily wrote: »
    Helix!!!

Love the fishies !! I love fish and pins, fish pins woot!

:blushes:

The closest I could do was Fish Fish Dropbear Cat

pin_snorkle_kemper.pngpin_snorkle_gabe.pngpin_dropbear_gabe.png?1pin_aus_kemper.png?1

We must have a pin with a hat, surely!

Pigglesworth.

----
  • PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Hatty Hattington.

Does anyone know when the merch lite booth opens? Since its the only way to get the poly's I want to hit it first thing (and i need to buy core and AU sets so I'll have something to trade.

You should be able to line up there as soon as the doors open (ignore any Enforcers telling you you have to go to the que room first, THEY WANT ALL THE PINS FOR THEMSELVES!).

I'll probably be turning up at the queue that morning to get some polys for me and my Pin Pals too, so I'll probably do what I did last year and bring some of our pins so you can get them early. But visit us too! =)

@vonhist Pretty sure Merch Lite opens an hour before the show opens (so at 9am, for a 10am show opening), but you can get in and start queuing as early as you like. Enforcers shouldn't try to shunt you into the queue room, unless they don't understand that Merch Lite is outside of the expo hall.

thanks misskass

thanks fish and will do Ben

Aussie Ben wrote: »
    I'll probably be turning up at the queue that morning to get some polys for me and my Pin Pals too, so I'll probably do what I did last year and bring some of our pins so you can get them early. But visit us too! =)

Isn't there a 2 per person limit. Do 'proxy forms' let you get more? If so how do you set them up. I'm buying for some others (informally) as well.

• 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    no you can only get the 2 per person per day so you have the opportunity to get 6 over the weekend if you want to lineup each day for them poly's

Yeah two per person per day, I believe. I think some people were going back, but I'm too honest. =)

Didnt think they would last long enough to re-queue.

They have 500 per day (based on a print run of 1500), so they last a little while. Even longer on Sunday, since most people tried to get them on Friday/Saturday.

ok. cool, thought it was 300/300/200. Newbie mistake. lol

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    They lasted a while last year, do not make the mistake in thinking they will last as long this year. This stuff is only getting more popular. We have not talked about it, but I think 6 trades with Kristin, Erik or myself is fair since we are carrying the weight of 3 staff. However I personally will keep that at 2 per staff's pins, i.e, you can't trade for 6 Jamie pins at a time. At least thats my current plan, we'll see if I stick to it.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »
    They lasted a while last year, do not make the mistake in thinking they will last as long this year. This stuff is only getting more popular. We have not talked about it, but I think 6 trades with Kristin, Erik or myself is fair since we are carrying the weight of 3 staff. However I personally will keep that at 2 per staff's pins, i.e, you can't trade for 6 Jamie pins at a time. At least thats my current plan, we'll see if I stick to it.

sounds very fair