As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] No, the League hasn't run out of new and creative ways to be terrible.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    These illegal hands to the face calls are ridiculous.

Jenkins had his hand up to block a pass and got blocked into Bradford.

I figured this was a makeup call for Cedric Thornton's roughing the passer call where his hand lightly grazed Eli's shoulderpad.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, DeMarco Murray.

So where you been the last five weeks?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At least this game brings me back down to earth on expectations for the Giants the rest of this season

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, DeMarco Murray.

So where you been the last five weeks?

injured

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Can't tell if overzealous officiating staff or legitimate penalties.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Can't tell if overzealous officiating staff or legitimate penalties.

Kinda both

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    At least this game brings me back down to earth on expectations for the Giants the rest of this season

Do not, my friends, grow addicted to hope, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Wow. Lolcooper

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    If that's not a PI on ODB, it's the next best thing.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    This game has been Thursday level bad

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Not quite sure how that wasn't a PI on Maxwell.

Also shit, Sproles don't be hurt :bigfrown:

• Options
    T U R N O V E R S

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    T U R N O V E R S

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    This game is so stupid.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Hey, Giants defense is wearing down. Why NOT continue to press Bradford's accuracy?

• Options
    Not even an accuracy problem. Jesus couldn't have thrown that ball to ertz.

Terrible decision to throw.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Last time I pick the Giants. Sam Bradford is abysmal and they are still losing by 3 scores.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Hey eagles Murray is actually running good, maybe try giving him the ball instead of these terrible passes?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I hate this game because the Eagles' defense has performed well enough that I would be winning my fantasy matchup if I had remembered to check my lineup and put Jonathan Stewart in for TJ Yeldon. Now I'm actually getting punished for my mistake and that's bad.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Eli Manning really just throws the ball wherever the fuck when he's being sacked.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Eli Manning really just throws the ball wherever the fuck when he's being sacked.

Yeah the eagles have known that for freaking YEARS.

The only time we don't romp the Giants is when we somehow can't get to Eli for 60 whole minutes.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yay, tied for first in the worst division in Football! Accomplishments!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Fire Tom Coughlin

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Fire Tom Coughlin

if they try, the giants will just win the super bowl again.

never fire tom coughlin.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm pretty sure Coughlin is gone after this year. There is no way he gets fired mid-season. They've had some rough 4th quarters but this is the first game where they've looked bad.

I'm hoping this game is an anomaly.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Wow, somehow my "first impression on a Tuesday morning at 6am" strategy for picks has me at 53-36 ATS and in first place.

#jinx #36-53 the rest of the way

• Options

I think the "clutch" Eli Manning we used to see is dead and gone. He's developed way too many bad habits by now.
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Yay, tied for first in the worst division in Football! Accomplishments!

AFC South is worse.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Wow, somehow my "first impression on a Tuesday morning at 6am" strategy for picks has me at 53-36 ATS and in first place.

#jinx #36-53 the rest of the way

Congrats dude, I'm happy to be in third. This week was a miserable pick 'em week.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    49ers/Hawks TNF this week

Imagine the reactions if SF wins

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

Fortunately we only need imagine because no way that happens

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I forgot to make my picks this week, so all you chumps are lucky.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Fortunately we only need imagine because no way that happens

Eh...it's Thursday night football, I have every expectation that we could get a fluke win in an absolutely putrid game.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The Colts Trick Play Was Even More Of A Mess Than We Thought
    Deadspin wrote:
    The original intent of the play, McAfee said on the radio this morning, was to trick the Patriots into thinking the Colts’ punt unit was coming off the field for a regular attempt to go for it on fourth. The idea was to confuse the Patriots into taking their punt return unit off the field and send their regulars back in, and catch them with too many men on the field.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So sayth Pat McAfee, Destroyer of Worlds

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    who are the cheaters now

Colts

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    That would have worked better if the players actually looked like they were going off the field instead of just shifting a few yards to the right and getting set in an illegal formation.

I think all the Colts men on the field, except the guy that wasn't supposed to have the ball snapped to him, didn't know what the hell they were supposed to be doing.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    No, just the guy who snapped the ball:
    “The gunner who then became the center all week was Clayton Geathers,” McAfee said Tuesday in an appearance on “The Bob & Tom Show,” a syndicated radio program. “Clayton Geathers gets injured in the second quarter. Insert Griff Whalen, who had never done it before. So Griff Whalen is now the new center in a play he’s never practiced before.”

McAfee said the Colts were trying to catch the Patriots in a personnel change with too many players on the field, but when the Patriots did not make substitutions, it forced Plan B. He also said that when the play was installed in practice, Whalen was not with the punt team but was on the other side of the field catching punts.

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Fred Jackson wrecked his sports car drag racing Lynch near the practice facility. No word on injuries

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wow. That's really, really fucking dumb

This discussion has been closed.