As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - Elevated

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - Elevated

Elevated

Elevated

http://campcomic.com/comic/256

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    yay! a happy back story! yaaaaaaaaay Fred, the happy little puppy kid!

• Options
    SunBroSolaireSunBroSolaire Registered User regular
    I'm so happy to see a happier backstory for a change. At the same time I'm waiting on the dark twist for how he actually managed to find his way to camp. I have a feeling its gonna be one of those soul crushers.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Brian nonchalantly carrying half the crate. :D I bet he could carry the whole thing himself.

I love the strained faces in first panel.

briguy on
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    @sunbrosolaire Obviously he poisoned his parents.(Too dark?)

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    I just noticed that the flashback color is a golden kind of color. I'm assuming that the grey toned flashbacks are sad, while Fred's one and only good flashback is golden. I wonder how long it will be before we get to see another golden flash back!

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    ...Is... is his mom dead? Are his parents dead? Did his relatives not want to take care of him and decide to just leave him here? Is it bad that I rather his parents be good, but dead rather than alive and terrible?

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I dread the feels.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Damn you Katie... I used to be so positive, I used to have a sunny dispostion and see the best in people...

Now I'm reading that comic and all I can think is "Yeah... Sure they seem happy NOW... But when are they going to get sick of him and dump his ass in Weedonwantcha"

Also, another shout out to Brian, as always, you da real MvP.

• Options
    ajax1515ajax1515 Registered User regular
    Perhaps the flashback is golden in this one because Fred is remembering things through rose (golden)-coloured glasses. The reality is likely quite different.

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Is that a cat or are we now getting the hero we deserve?

Great comic as usual, really loving the growth of the comic and can't wait for the book to come in the mail.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    loving all the comments -- schadenfreude level: inept skateboarder grinding a handrail AKA nut-cracker
    nothing this special can actually exist in the world of the Camp...
    on Friday, we'll see that Fred is as delusional as Colin is when the 'true' flashback shows him on KP duty at the orphanage; the same orphanage that gave him a one-way ticket to the camp when he finally 'aged out' of adoptableness.

• Options
    FriedKeithFriedKeith Registered User regular
    Haha, came down to write a comment but everyone beat me to it. Happy memories? Something must be up!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I lean towards something bad happened to them. So far, no matter what the camper has said, the past has always shown the truth. I think this is the first time we've seen a happy past which explains the color. I'm sure we'll eventually see what led happy, little Fred to his current predicament. As sure as I am that it'll make me sad.

briguy on
  • Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Good to see Brian went back for pants first.

• Options
    TimAusTimAus Registered User regular
    Tanner is my favourite. Always looking out for his best mate Fred. He's the sort of athletic popular kid who could be friends with anyone but instead of going for the older cooler kids he hangs out with the most loyal selfless kid at camp in Fred.

• Options
    SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Oh geez :) my emotions are all out of whack. Fred is super precious.

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    I fear what is coming. The feels, they are itching to be felt

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I just noticed the woman has an alliance on her ringfinger. My bet is that the parents are going to divorce, and none of them will be wanting to have Fred's custody. Adults are just mean like that.

• Options
    ECAbramsECAbrams Registered User new member
    Theory of impending unhappiness: The "mom" is wearing a wedding band, but the "dad" in the memory is not. Why not? And Where could the person with the matching wedding band be?

• Options
    :(
    I'm just going to pretend they got confused and tried to send Fred to a real summer camp.

• Options
    LazyDolphinLazyDolphin Registered User regular
    Intriguing theory about the wedding bands, but I don't think the dad's wedding band is missing. It's just not visible because his pinky is obscuring it.

Another useless observation: based on how they hold forks, we can conclude that mom is American and dad is European.

• Options
    SavannahLionSavannahLion Registered User regular
    It's a vicarious memory.

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    Maybe the campers introduction tab would need QUITE the update.
    So I can keep all thsese names in place.

• Options
    patrizl001patrizl001 Registered User regular
    Has anyone else cat-hunted for so long that now they can glance at the comic and immediately find the cat?

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Fred's bond with his mom is so sweet.