As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week for Oct. 24th 2007

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blue Beetle
    Peacemaker stabbing himself in the spine to get rid of his scarab
    Totally didn't see that coming.

Desktop Hippie on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    moment of the week is guys expression on GLC cover.

He just looks sop happy to be allowed to kill now.
    You got the coolest weapon in the universe and you can kill people with it. I'd be happy.

Algertman on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i really wanna know what the fallout of this event is gonna be like. because kilowogg is *really* reluctant to kill, and even guy is a little like "man i hate this". but some of the newer people are all "hell yeah, lets roast these bitches". I'm wondering what that means, if anything.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    i really wanna know what the fallout of this event is gonna be like. because kilowogg is *really* reluctant to kill, and even guy is a little like "man i hate this". but some of the newer people are all "hell yeah, lets roast these bitches". I'm wondering what that means, if anything.

I was under the impression it would tie-in to the Red Lanterns. Maybe a corruption of the ring with hatred in their excessive killing. At the very least, I'd think it would tie into the Alpha Lanterns, but I guess we'll see eventually.

Since there's another huge lack of images in this week's MOTW, I'll add a few from the ones I uploaded to my blog.

GLC #17
    arkvskilo1xy8.jpg

What If? Planet Hulk
    wwcaieravv1.jpg

hulkstatuekl6.jpg

Note: it took like 21 years for them to make that statue. Damn union authorized coffee breaks!

X-Men 204
    emmavskittyix0.jpg
    Just a funny Emma vs Kitty scene in who can be more bitchy to the other.

KVW on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ooh, I really like that art in X-Men.

Wildcat on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007

And yet, earlier in the GLC series when he was with the Corpse, he said he's never killed and he won't kill.

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »

And yet, earlier in the GLC series when he was with the Corpse, he said he's never killed and he won't kill.

Which he hasn't since lethal force was enabled (unless I missed a panel), and made it perfectly clear to Soranik Natu that he probably wont.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Which he hasn't since lethal force was enabled (unless I missed a panel), and made it perfectly clear to Soranik Natu that he probably wont.

He says "I'll choose when to", and then "Better get used to the killing, Red...There's gonna be plenty more before tonight's out."

Which is a lot different than, "I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that."

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

He says "I'll choose when to", and then "Better get used to the killing, Red...There's gonna be plenty more before tonight's out."

Which is a lot different than, "I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that."

I was referring to

"I suppose you embrace this new law, Gardner?"

"I'll embrace whatever I have to, Red. But I choose when to do the embracin'."

I took that as Guy saying just because he's been told he can now use lethal force, doesn't mean he's planning on it. I mean, it's Guy..he's that damn good.

But of course, the next two chapters could be total bloodbaths with the Earth Lanterns so you never know.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    And I referred to "There's gonna be lots more killing"

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    And I referred to "There's gonna be lots more killing"

Yeah but he doesn't say "I'm gonna do a lot more killing"

All I'm saying is that currently...on paper Guy hasn't killed anyone. Simple.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    john did

at first i was like "well he was in the marines", but then I remembered that's just his DCAU history

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    yeah, some of the lanterns i can totally see killing people, since they were in the army or something. but it seems they are putting a big emphasis on kilowogg whenever he has to make a killing decision or something to have his eyes blacked out and have a pretty sad look on his face.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Moment of the week was seeing two panels of the
    son of the Hulk
    in What if? and also seeing the reprint of Black Summer and thinking it was a new issue and that Tom Noir was still alive, but then finding out it was a reprint was lame.

What if? Spoiler:
    Son of The Hulk

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hal took some people out too, right? And honestly, I'm not too bothered by the Lanterns suddenly turning into death dealers. These Sinestro dudes totally had it coming. I'm still wondering about where the hell Princess Iolande was all this time.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Today was a pretty good week between PAD's start on She-Hulk, a new Velocity one-shot by Joe Casey and Kevin Maguire (I have a weakness for Cyberforce characters, sue me), and a delightful little Oni Press book called Multiple Warheads. But nothing really stood out. So here's scans of last week's Marvel Comics Presents, featuring Taskmaster which I had forgotten to upload.
    Taskmaster1.jpg

Taskmaster2.jpg

Taskmaster3.jpg

Taskmaster4.jpg

Taskmaster5.jpg

Taskmaster6.jpg

Taskmaster7.jpg

Taskmaster8.jpg

Munch on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I can't wait to see Taskmaster and Ant-Man in The Initiative.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I haven't been picking it up so far but now that they're joining the cast I'm gonna be in there like swim wear. Though talk of cast members getting picked off fills me with dread, even though Slott's usually pretty good about not just throwing away good characters.

I'm even a little excited about Crusader, the Skrull superhero from Marvel Team-Up showing up, if only because I'm hoping it'll lead to a revived Freedom Ring somehow.

Munch on
    edited October 2007
    Freedom Ring was an awful name.

If he was a villain, he would've been called Circle Jerk.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Moment of the week was seeing two panels of the
    son of the Hulk
    in What if? and also seeing the reprint of Black Summer and thinking it was a new issue and that Tom Noir was still alive, but then finding out it was a reprint was lame.

What if? Spoiler:
    Son of The Hulk

I am thinking Tom Noir is alive.

My MotW... hm... Fear Agent was intense as hell from beginning to end.

DouglasDanger on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That excerpt with Tasky is fucking awesome.

Crimsondude on
    edited October 2007

He needs to be resurrected as a villain immediately.

Seriously though, I liked that name. But I like all of Kirkman's little play-on-words names, i.e. Rex Splode, Dupli-Kate, Shrinking Ray. It might have made more sense on a patriotic kind of character though.

Munch on
    edited October 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    It might have made more sense on a patriotic kind of character though.

Done and done.

(Well, they were "Freedon's Ring", but you get the connection)

freedomsring.jpg

And owned on multiple occassions.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007

He needs to be resurrected as a villain immediately.

Seriously though, I liked that name. But I like all of Kirkman's little play-on-words names, i.e. Rex Splode, Dupli-Kate, Shrinking Ray. It might have made more sense on a patriotic kind of character though.

I love all the names from Invincible myself, but Freedom Ring always felt a bit forced and not at all appropriate for the character beyond the fact that, yes, he got his powers from a ring.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I really hope The Great White Shark shows up in Gotham Underground.

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    I really hope The Great White Shark shows up in Gotham Underground.

It might be end up like this.

But you need to picture it with a white whale. Maybe a Narwhal.

But not a Beluga.

Bad Karma on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    When I saw that Whale dude I was all whaaaaaat?

Because that means they probably won't use Shark

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    When I saw that Whale dude I was all whaaaaaat?

Because that means they probably won't use Shark

Well Shark is still locked up in Arkham. So he could still make an appearance, unless he gets ported off of Earth to Salvation.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    i just want to know what's up with Spoiler on that cover

War Games 1 killed her

War Games 2 brought her back

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Spoiler's daughter is artificially aged and becomes the new Spoiler.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2007
    she never met the baby

basically she did what catwoman wishes she did

she didn't find out if it was a girl or boy and she didn't know who it went to

Garlic Bread on
  • Chrono PaladinChrono Paladin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My moment was picking up Ultimate Spider-Man after all this time and finding that the art is even better than before. That and: "What? I can't hear you with my fist in your face!"

Also - Getting Fables Vol. 1 & 2, Ex Machina Vol. 1, and Gotham by Gaslight all in one day.
    It was like Christmas in October.

Chrono Paladin on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't taunt a dog with heat vision. And the apparent ability to understand English.

I hope Prime gets fucked by that dog.

Proper fucked.

I know I'm 3 pages late, but still

"HANDBANANA, NOOOO"

Ethan Smith on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    But nothing really stood out. So here's scans of last week's Marvel Comics Presents, featuring Taskmaster which I had forgotten to upload.

Yes, that was fairly delicious.

I think overall I had the most fun reading the Superman-Prime Sinestro Corps. special. I didn't know much about his past, so this was a good catching-up issue.
    Matching him up against Ion seems like it'll make for a good slugfest, too.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, we were all "who can stop the might of Superman Prime?"
    Seems like a Yellow-sun-charged and Ion-infused Daxamite might just have a chance

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I really want to know, what happened to Krypto after he started gnawing on Superdick Prime?

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited October 2007
    he flew into space for another year

(he survives, he's gonna be in next week's Superman issue)

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    what would be hilarious is if superman prime hit yat into some old abandoned building that had lead paint all over and in it.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm confused as to why (taking on board the premise that Superboy-Prime hadn't, for some unknown reason, charged himself with yellow sun rays[also, I thought they went through the earth as well]) Obsidian or someone of the sort didn't just block him from absorbing anything.

Fencingsax on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    what would be hilarious is if superman prime hit yat into some old abandoned building that had lead paint all over and in it.

The Green Lantern ring will protect him from any form of radiation, even lead. It's how they survive in space and it's always active unless the ring is dead. As Ion, I doubt lead will even register for him anymore.

KVW on