As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kittens like to [chat]

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Oh god my lungs/heart/thighs are dying... No more weed.

...Thighs?

That actually makes sense to me.

JPants on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

...Thighs?
    Time to go sprint stairs wish me luck

I've gotten too sedentary. I'm throwing myself into my wrestling regimen again.

Sami on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

...Thighs?
    Time to go sprint stairs wish me luck

I've gotten too sedentary. Time to throw myself into my wrestling regimen again.

Turns out i was way off.

JPants on
    edited October 2007
    Oh wow.

Miniture horse given to a dying toddler was killed by pitbulls

I think we have a new contender for saddest thing.

Sami on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh wow.

D:

It's also horribly confusing how the hell something like that could happen to begin with.

Incenjucar on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gooooooo dawwwggggsssssss

VishNub on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hi Vish. Still sporting the Falco-look, I see. :^:

Aldo on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Oh wow.

D:

It's also horribly confusing how the hell something like that could happen to begin with.

I hate how as long as one of those dogs is on the loose it would be a bad idea to get another horse, if they could afford one, which they can't. That kids life sucks.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    I hate how as long as one of those dogs is on the loose it would be a bad idea to get another horse, if they could afford one, which they can't. That kids life sucks.

They really just need to make it legal to murder people who train dogs to be assholes.

Incenjucar on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    JPants wrote: »

...Thighs?

That actually makes sense to me.

Not me, and I smoke a hell of a lot.

Sami is whoring herself out for weed to rough tricks? probably not.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited October 2007
    redx wrote: »
    Not me, and I smoke a hell of a lot.

Sami is whoring herself out for weed to rough tricks? probably not.
    *him

or have we all been fooled?

Aldo on
    edited October 2007
    I'm only a her on special occasions

Sami on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TO FLUFFY AND JANSON.
    Anyone else: don't read it unless you want to hate me for talking about my emo girl crap again.

*sigh*

Alright, so there's this girl...
    I'd run into her randomly once in a while during my time here, but it's really last May that we became close friends. We didn't lose touch like in the past, but kept on seeing each other and talking to each other. We had contact on a daily basis, either in person, by phone, or by Facebook message. For the first month things were going well, and I thought this was leading somewhere. Then at the end of May she announced that she just got a boyfriend.

That didn't stop us. We kept on the daily contact, just like before. Her BF was in another city, so whenever she would go to a party in our town she would call me up and invite me along. When she'd drive me home after, when she'd drop me off we'd hug, then just sit there holding each other for a while. Sometimes she would just drop by my apartment randomly. And she also went to see a movie with me that she thought would suck, just so she could spend time with me, and took care to wear a dress I had previously told her looked nice on her. On the other hand, she was president of her student association and needed to make a website for it, and had no skill in HTML, so I made her a really cool one that she was absolutely amazed at. All the while she would refer to her boyfriend as her "friend", and when she did go on a one-week trip to California with him she took a separate hotel room (and separate flights thanks to the BF's utter fail at onilne flight reservations).

Then at the end of July she broke up with her boyfriend, the day before I left for a month. She decided to spend that day with me. Given that I was short on time, I made a move right away, told her that I loved her and wanted to date her (and apologized for the short notice, given that I was leaving the next day). She said she had best-friend feelings for me, and was surprised at herself at how quickly those feelings had formed over these past few months, but needed more time. Anyway, we spent a nice afternoon together in a lake-side park.

I left for a month, and we kept on calling or writing each other every day. I thought I would be dating her when I got back. But near the end of the month, I told her I was going to a bar with some friends, and she suggested I should pick up a girl while I was there. That kinda surprised me, and we had our second discussion on our relationship. She explained that "more time" for her was way more than a month, and that she still had unresolved feelings for her ex, that her on-going health problems kept her from thinking about a new boyfriend right now, and that the best-friends feelings she mentioned were very different from romantic feelings. She also admitted that she was a little sad that first time when I told her I loved her, because she thought she was about to lose me as a friend, and didn't want that to happen. Anyway, despite my best argumentation, her decision seemed final, and we stayed friends and didn't date.

We kept on calling each other every day, then when I came back she attended my PhD Seminar. But then the term started. A new student association president took office, one she despises, so she asked me to destroy the website I had made for her. She also has some time-consuming classes, increasing student association responsibilities, and her health problems got worse for a while, so we saw each other less and less. In fact, we saw each other three times; On my birthday she brought me a cake and ate it with me and a few friends, then one night she dropped by my place randomly after class, then (one month later) last Wednesday.

All the while I tried to get over her, but part of me was still in love with her. Last Saturday she went out with some of her friends while I was out of town applying for a job. It made me realize that, after I move away in December, that's what would always happen, and I might never see her again. I was going to lose the girl I love, just like that.

Last Wednesday she text-messaged me and told me to come join her somewhere on campus. I did, and when I found her she explained that she had some friends coming to the university bar for a birthday and she was spending the evening with them, and invited me along. I spent the evening with her, but didn't much enjoy it. She spent her time jumping around from friend to friend (she seemed to know everyone in the bar) and didn't pay much attention to me (or about on par with any other regular guy she'd run into there). After we went home, I went to bed, and the next morning got a Facebook message from her:
    Glad you could make it out tonight but I'm not sure why you stayed when you weren't having a good time. You'll notice that if i have a choice to be with 1 or 2 people, I'll choose 2. If between 3 or 4, I'll choose 4. Between 10 and 100, I'll choose 100. That's how I am.

And thank you for the compliments on my wall. I deleted it when i checked facebook in the asu earlier because you referred to me being with "sisters.". I never never refer to anyone as my sister... that's only for real family. I thought I mentioned that before, but maybe not. It's a serious point for me and one reason AOII is good... they are not into calling one another sisters (only a couple do). Calling someone a sister because she belongs to the same club demeans the term. The other 2 sororities on campus are all into everyone is as close as family... but a lot of them don't have very strong family ties to start with and join because they need a replacement for family. Not the AOII girls... nobody there joins because of a need to replace family.

So there's my little philosophy speech for tonight !

I hope you have a good sleep and get lots of work done tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

I was shocked that she would ask me such a thing, especially given that I hadn't seen her in a month and that I had so little time left to spend with her here. I kinda over-reacted:
    I've prepared a revised version of my wall post. You never mentioned the AOIIs don't use the word "sister". I wouldn't have used it otherwise!

About last night, there were good things and bad things, but overall I wouldn't say I didn't have a good time. The reason why I stayed... will take longer to explain, and Facebook is a bit of an impersonal way to do it. I'd rather do it in person or on the phone. I'd prefer in person, but given your constrained schedule, the phone is probably the best option. I'll call you this afternoon, so we can talk while you're not as tired or in a hurry to finish up stuff and go to bed.

If you read this and we still didn't talk (meaning I called you but you didn't hear it ring for some reason) call me!

I then tried calling her several times during the day, but she never picked up. The revised wall post I mentioned got deleted during that time. In the evening, I tried to fix things with this message:
    Hey X, I just realized that my last message sounds a bit overly-dramatic. I was just really shocked this morning, when I woke up and saw your message wondering why I stayed last night. The answer is simple: I like spending time with you more than I dislike the bar. I know you’d do the same for me, and in fact you did, when you went to see Transformers even though you though you wouldn’t enjoy the movie just so you could be with me.

I guess I’m the opposite from you. Given a choice between 1 or 100 people, I’ll pick 1. That’s one reason I don’t really care for crowded bars and dance floors. That’s why I said that last night wasn’t quite what I had in mind for seeing you. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t have fun last night. I didn’t enjoy the bar itself, but to be with you again after a month, and see you having so much fun, it was well worth it. That made it a good evening for me.

Since then, nothing. I tried again to call her and text-messaged her cell phone, but never heard from her. She also has not called me, messaged me or text-messaged me... after an almost uninterrupted six months of daily contact. Not a word of explanation (unless it's in there somewhere and I'm too dumb to see it), nothing.

I can't help but feel like I did something horribly wrong and lost her as a friend. Of course, this may be tainted by the fact I have been worrying about losing her all week, too.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2007
    Also, they should just get the kid a -real- horse.

It'll make shoes out of those dogs right quick.

Incenjucar on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Another night where I don't sleep.

Is there any sensible logic to apply as to whether to end a relationship?

electricitylikesme on
    edited October 2007

If it makes you feel like shit, knock it off?

Aldo on
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

On a scale of lame to awesome where would citing political differences put me?

electricitylikesme on
    edited October 2007
    Richy: Don't make assumptions about a lack of phone calls. Just wait and see what's up. Last girl I dated-then-was-buddies-with would sometimes call me every night, and then just disappear for a month at or two at a time for one reason or another.

Relax dude.

Incenjucar on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Pretty lame.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

human?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited October 2007
    Richy, man. She told you twice that she wasn't interested you romantically, you should have stopped pursuing that a long time ago.

As for right now, you need to just back off.

Sami on
    edited October 2007
    Richy, man. She told you twice that she wasn't interested you romantically, you should have stopped pursuing that a long time ago.

As for right now, you need to just back off.

Also true.

Also because getting worried enough that you start checking obits isn't fun.

Incenjucar on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Telling a girl that you've never dated you "love" her is critical fail, dude.

It's desperate and sad and inexperienced; infatuation isn't love.

Senjutsu on
    edited October 2007
    stilist wrote: »

Pretty lame.

Bear in mind I live with this girl.

electricitylikesme on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man Rondo of Blood is a cool game

Elendil on
    edited October 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Richy: Don't make assumptions about a lack of phone calls. Just wait and see what's up. Last girl I dated-then-was-buddies-with would sometimes call me every night, and then just disappear for a month at or two at a time for one reason or another.

Relax dude.
    She used to call me every day, no matter what. When her health problems got bad, she would call me while crying from the pain. When her mom got sick, she would call me in the few minutes of break she had from taking care of her. When she had finals she was not even remotely prepared for, she would call me instead of studying. How can I not take her suddenly stopping to call me as a bad sign?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, Tube is really off the ball on the Smash bros thread. They couldn't ever behave themselves there.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited October 2007

Pretty lame.

I've blown up a few friendships over political differences, it's just so difficult to appreciate someone who holds views you just can't sympathise with.

Aldo on
    edited October 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Telling a girl that you've never dated you "love" her is critical fail, dude.

It's desperate and sad and inexperienced; infatuation isn't love.

This, over and over and over. You need to properly identify and control your emotions dog.

Sami on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Also at no point in that story did you remotely try to "move past" her, despite what you may have told yourself

Senjutsu on
    edited October 2007
    I've blown up a few friendships over political differences, it's just so difficult to appreciate someone who holds views you just can't sympathise with.
    Most of the non-Internet people I know are strong conservatives. I get along with them quite well.

stilist on
    edited October 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    She used to call me every day, no matter what. When her health problems got bad, she would call me while crying from the pain. When her mom got sick, she would call me in the few minutes of break she had from taking care of her. When she had finals she was not even remotely prepared for, she would call me instead of studying. How can I not take her suddenly stopping to call me as a bad sign?

Richy, think about it.

She was calling you to use you as a support. I get that kind of thing aaaaall the time. When my lady friends go out of their way to get in touch with me I KNOW something has gone to crap.

I've been in almost the exact same situation (the "love" thing being weirder with me).

I'm telling you, -relax-. Distract yourself. Enjoy life a bit. Throw in a little emotional distance from the situation for your own health.

Incenjucar on
    edited October 2007
    Man, Tube is really off the ball on the Smash bros thread. They couldn't ever behave themselves there.

The locked one on page two/three? I don't see what's wrong with it, other than normal g&t retardery.

VishNub on
    edited October 2007
    Most of the non-Internet people I know are strong conservatives. I get along with them quite well.

Good for you. I'm not like you. :P

Aldo on
    edited October 2007
    Richy's having girl problems?

Launching Garry's Mod.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited October 2007
    VishNub wrote: »

The locked one on page two/three? I don't see what's wrong with it, other than normal g&t retardery.
    Exactly. If that is not behaving, then Tube might as well lock all of G&T.

Wait, what the fuck did I just say?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited October 2007
    Good for you. I'm not like you. :P
    I imagine that’s good for both of us. :P

stilist on
    edited October 2007
    VishNub wrote: »

Exactly. If that is not behaving, then Tube might as well lock all of G&T.

Wait, what the fuck did I just say?

I'm still pissed they delayed it though.

My GPA will drop like a motherfucker when that comes out though, so maybe it's for the best.

VishNub on
    edited October 2007
    Richy's having girl problems?

Launching Garry's Mod.
    What's Garry's Mod?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2007
    On a lighter note, I'm editing the references of my thesis, and I just realised I have references from five different guys called Wang.

Richy on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.