As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trying to remember an old animated film - please help.

Alex89Alex89 Registered User new member
edited October 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
This is an animated film/cartoon (i don't remember the duration) that i watched on a VHS cassette when i was a kid (some 20 years ago).
I do not recall is the cartoon in english or some other language, and i do not know in what year it has been made.

What i do recall vividly is a scene near the end (i guess) of the film when an evil guy (a king or a golem) that looks like he is made of ice gets stabbed by a sword (in his heart i think), and then "melts/sinks" as darkness into the ground around the sword.
I believe it was themed around ice/frost with the environment (as well as the bad guy) being made of ice, but i could be wrong.

I have spent MANY hours trying to find this film/cartoon on the internet but with no results...
Can anyone please help me out?

Alex89 on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Was it kind of He-Man like? Fire and Ice seems like it might fit the bill.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    Thank you for replying.
    No it was not He-man like, and it wasn't Fire and Ice nor the Black Cauldron.

For some reason i thought it was related to Felix the Cat, but searching found no such scene in any Felix film i know of.

• Options
    Little Nemo might also be tangentially related.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    Alex89 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying.
    No it was not He-man like, and it wasn't Fire and Ice nor the Black Cauldron.

For some reason i thought it was related to Felix the Cat, but searching found no such scene in any Felix film i know of.

Double check on Fire and Ice I'd say. Fritz the Cat is a film by Ralph Bakshi, who also did Fire and Ice, which could explain why you thought it was related to Felix the Cat.

• Options
    Thanks again for replying.
    it is not Little Nemo, and i swiftly went through the entire Fire and Ice - it definitely is not it :)

The villain i described as king/golem could also be a mage/sorcerer i suppose.
    I recall him having long fingers or claws, and his face perhaps was more akin to a ghost/wraith.

• Options
    Kind of sounds like LotR almost too. I know there was a cartoon similar to the hobbit in the late 70s for it.

I doubt that's it though.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    Alex89 wrote: »
    Thanks again for replying.
    it is not Little Nemo, and i swiftly went through the entire Fire and Ice - it definitely is not it :)

The villain i described as king/golem could also be a mage/sorcerer i suppose.
    I recall him having long fingers or claws, and his face perhaps was more akin to a ghost/wraith.

Well, there's Wizards also by the same guy. The bad guy is an evil wizard dude with like gray skin and skeleton arms. But the end isn't really anything like you describe and there's not any ice/frost theme that I recall so probably not it.

• Options
    I found it!
    "The Magician's Hat"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0333215/
    528.gif

Thank you all for trying to help me :)