As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unreal Tournament 3: PC demo out now!

12345679»

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    subedii wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    The story mode of UC2 was stupid but also totally awesome which is what I'm looking for here and looks like I'm getting.

Score?

So what was the story there? Were you out for REVENGE? Were you, at any point, brung low or heretofore hard done by your enemies?

SHIT YES.

august on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well with lines like, "I'm not on a holy war. I just wanna kill this bitch." you can bet the cheese factor should be high enough to make the story entertaining at least.

Also I remember seeing a demo of the campaign where they drove a scorpion into a barricade of dudes and ejected. Then the game went into slow mo while you shot down on a bunch of guys from the air. So the levels should be more interesting then just a series of deathmatches. I predict plenty of random dudes to blow up followed by a boss fight. There will probably be some team deathmatches and some Warfare matches scattered through it though.

The cut scenes also appear to be damn pretty.

Drool on
    edited October 2007
    I like the people walking around talking with their flack cannons.

So awesomely ridiculous.

august on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The story mode of UC2 was stupid but also totally awesome which is what I'm looking for here and looks like I'm getting.

Score?

So what was the story there? Were you out for REVENGE? Were you, at any point, brung low or heretofore hard done by your enemies?

SHIT YES.

It was essentially a love story. Anubis runs off, to see if his lady, Selket would follow but instead all her asshole family and friends tell her he was a coward and since hates him. He then fights his way up the UT to prove his bravery and eventually beats her and kills her.
    But then she is brought back as a "Necris". In that game, basically the Necris were folks resurrected from the dead using something called the Necris Process and got cool special powers because of it. So yeah, that was that.

Albeit, the single player story was kind of lame, it had some great fun in it. And the game did a lot of things right, especially the new addition of 3rd person camera perspective and Melee combat. ^^

Lucky Cynic on
    edited October 2007

So awesomely ridiculous.

You mean the red flak cannons? Because those aren't flak cannons... those are rocket launchers.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited October 2007

So awesomely ridiculous.

You mean the red flak cannons? Because those aren't flak cannons... those are rocket launchers.

Look I only watched it once okay.

SAME IDEA.

august on
    edited October 2007

So awesomely ridiculous.

Look I only watched it once okay.

SAME IDEA.

No, no it isn't. Carrying one over the other tells a lot about your character.

Flak cannons shoot white hot bits of metal shit that bounce around all over the place.

Rocket launchers have 3 barrels or chambers or whatever and blow shit up beyond recognition.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited October 2007
    Sure.

august on
    edited October 2007
    At some point one character will scowl at another and say, "Tell me why I shouldn't frag you right here!" Or something similar, just you wait.

Drool on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    At some point one character will scowl at another and say, "Tell me why I shouldn't frag you right here!" Or something similar, just you wait.

I'm actually waiting for the response, which will be "Because it's YOUR BABY!"

subedii on
    edited October 2007
    Drool wrote: »

I'm actually waiting for the response, which will be "Because it's YOUR BABY!"

doublekill

august on
    edited October 2007
    OMG I love you guys.

Drool on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    We so need to co-op this scene together, even if it's not in the actual game.

subedii on
    edited October 2007
    Sitcom time: So I Married a Skaarj.

august on