As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, October 23, 2015 - Prep Time

2»

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Three things: 1) Is it total irony that the fast-food chain that Cindy's is based upon's big thing is supporting adoption? 2) Why do I have the feeling that when we do find out what happened it's going to make this whole thing even sadder (somehow it'll end up being neither divorce or death)? and 3) The look of resignation that Seventeen has in the last panel concerning washing hands is awesome. I know just what that expression feels like!

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    It just so happens that Burger King is having a sale on chicken nuggets right now....

::goes to Burger King::

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    I don't like the look Brian gave me in panel 2.Neither do I like the sight of the father without the ring in the previous page. Neither do I like the direction this arc is going.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Sarge wrote: »
    It just so happens that Burger King is having a sale on chicken nuggets right now....

Burger King? Blasphemy. McDonald's is home of the true chicken nuggets.

We need a poll of best chicken nugget sauces. Sweet chili for me.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    Sarge wrote: »

Burger King? Blasphemy. McDonald's is home of the true chicken nuggets.

We need a poll of best chicken nugget sauces. Sweet chili for me.

Ranch goes best on everything.

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    @Twister2 I dunno. It's entirely possible his pinky is hiding the ring like it might have on the previous page.

• Options
    XoanderXoander Registered User new member
    I hate to throw this idea at you but what if the mother is gone because of his cooking,,,accidental poisoning or something.

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    Ranch? Sweet Chili? what a bunch of horrific monsters!

The correct answer is Sweet & Sour Sauce

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    @XOANDER That honestly sounds like one of those plausible conclusions that sounds like a possibility, but nobody wishes is true :/

• Options
    can I also ask you guys something ? I've wanted to for a while, but I was too scared to ask, especially knowing how politically correct Americans are...but is Fred supposed to be of Asian descent, or is that just my imagination?

• Options
    Xoander wrote: »
    I hate to throw this idea at you but what if the mother is gone because of his cooking,,,accidental poisoning or something.

More dark: what if the dad poisoned them is distraught because Fred survived and now he's lost his nerve?
    I may have been reading some true crime stories recently...

@MrFish oh, sweet and sour is my second favorite. But you're absolutely right, what kind of monster puts ranch on chicken nuggets? =D @Sarge

• Options
    can I also ask you guys something ? I've wanted to for a while, but I was too scared to ask, especially knowing how politically correct Americans are...but is Fred supposed to be of Asian descent, or is that just my imagination?

I've always thought he was supposed to be of Asian descent. The cast has always seemed pretty diverse to me.
    @AdamRW could tell us for sure.

• Options
    @BRIGUY yeah the cast of characters has always seemed pretty diverse as well, which is excellent. Reminds me of home :) Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. You guys are the best, or, as we say in my native Creole English, "Allyuh is mih rel' bredren" :)

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Is Fred supposed to be of Asian descent

Yes, he is. I'm pretty sure his design is based on a little boy from Katie's first grade class.

• Options
    @BRIGUY yeah the cast of characters has always seemed pretty diverse as well, which is excellent. Reminds me of home :) Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. You guys are the best, or, as we say in my native Creole English, "Allyuh is mih rel' bredren" :)

I'm just a shitposter fan with too much time on his hands. I just like talking about the comic because it's a cool comic with a great art and story.

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    Is Fred supposed to be of Asian descent

Yes, he is. I'm pretty sure his design is based on a little boy from Katie's first grade class.

Correct!

• Options
    @BRIGUY It definitely is....In fact , reading Camp W. is what inspired me to make my own informal "series" of one panel comics that I share with my friends from school. It's called "The West Indian B.S. Association", and all the characters are basically animals that you find here (Pelican from Barbados, Alligator from Jamaica, Yellow bird from Haiti, Jaguar from Guyana, etc.), and they all have their little quirks and idiosyncrasies, just like the campers. The drawings are simple and scrappy as hell, but I enjoy doodling once I get my pals to laugh a bit.

• Options
    mtbmtb Registered User regular
    Line under Fred's eye in later strips = scar. Makes me think that either there was a car accident or Fred's father was abusive.

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    The lines are just face lines. They're present on pretty much every camper.

Also correct! It's a style choice. I think little eye bags are cute.

• Options
    KatieJRice wrote: »
    The lines are just face lines. They're present on pretty much every camper.

Also correct! It's a style choice. I think little eye bags are cute.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

I think it gives the faces character. If that makes sense. Really you guys give the background characters a lot of interesting details and personality. They're not white noise.

• Options
    KaitensatsumKaitensatsum Registered User regular
    aaah and now it becomes clear.

• Options
    ShaunathanShaunathan Registered User regular
    Where's the kitty?

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Shaunathan wrote: »
    Where's the kitty?
    second panel, in the window at the bottom

• Options
    ShaunathanShaunathan Registered User regular
    thanks! I feel dumb now lol That was a hard one!

• Options
    doctor_dollarsdoctor_dollars AlaskaRegistered User regular
    nooooooooo, I can't :(

• Options
    Jack Is DeadJack Is Dead Registered User regular
    This is the most heart breaking strip yet... His mother died and his father couldn't or didn't want to take care of him after. As a young father, this unfathomable to me.