As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:HW] Patch 3.3 is live, Get to it!

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yay Live letter!

3.1 preview vid
    THERE ARE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE 3.0 STORY
    For everyone that has, you know that one 8 man? The one where when running it you were thinking, "man, they should make an Ex version of this." Yep, they made an Ex version, squeeee)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkRTO7co_Yc
    Unofficial translation:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/155Nv_fnpumdD-ucSS5wEBlo7mO-xeE8ZKXDRxjDt3YI/pub
    Official Translation:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267788
    So much hype!

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    IIRC, the D-Pad up/down and left/right are already automatically in different lists. Up/Down I think is party members and controller inputs for healing has a very slight advantage: You can cast abilities on a target without locking it as the 'default' target. So you can scroll to an enemy, hit whatever ability and when it's executed, your target will switch back to what you've locked the targeting to.
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Yay Live letter!

3.1 preview vid
    THERE ARE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE 3.0 STORY
    For everyone that has, you know that one 8 man? The one where when running it you were thinking, "man, they should make an Ex version of this." Yep, they made an Ex version, squeeee)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkRTO7co_Yc
    Unofficial translation:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/155Nv_fnpumdD-ucSS5wEBlo7mO-xeE8ZKXDRxjDt3YI/pub
    Official Translation:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267788
    So much hype!

OMG... I am going to have the biggest grin in that new EX. That preview looks exactly what I wanted. Lots of crap flying everywhere because let's face it, you're
    getting smashed by the Knights of the Round. It has to hurt!

Edit:
    I'm a little disappointed with the FC airship expeditions. Being limited to 24 people at a time using the FC airships is going to be... awkward.

Anyhow, the appears that there are
    Warriors of Darkness. Not just the one. I swear, if that Dark Paladin harms Y'shtola I am going to rip him apart

According to the official thread, new relics aren't due until 3.15 and they are the Anima weapons (contrast with Zodiac for the 2.x chain). For every Zeta relic you have, you can get a head start on one Anima relic so looks like you aren't locked to your previous relic if you've swapped jobs.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Zodiac weapon-related adjustments

Adjustments will be made so that soul resonances and soul attunement can be earned even when clearing content with an undersized party.

Additionally, the next Zodiac weapons will be known as “Anima weapons,” and they will be introduced in Patch 3.15.

If you've already completed a Zeta weapon, you’ll be able to get an advantage towards an Anima weapon of your choice. If you’ve completed two Zeta weapons, you’ll be able to get an advantage towards two Anima weapons.

Yessssss, that means I can switch to the DRK Anima weapon and get the jump.

Oh man, and house sharing.

Finally I can give Lend her copy of the keys.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The Alexander Normal gear becoming unlocked and esoteric upgrade items being available through a weekly token system suggests to me that Void Ark gear is going to be i200. It'll also be interesting to see how many tokens we're looking at for the upgrade items. I suspect it'll be 2/4/8 for the coat/twine/dip to maintain some sort of parity with the rate of the tokens in Alex Savage, but I could be wrong. Going to be interesting to see what the stats on the gear will be...

Takel on
  • Options
    Takel wrote: »

Warriors of Darkness. Not just the one. I swear, if that Dark Paladin harms Y'shtola I am going to rip him apart

MSQ Spoilers
    At this point, I'm pretty sure the Warriors of Darkness are going to be the characters from the CG trailers.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Yukira wrote: »

MSQ Spoilers
    At this point, I'm pretty sure the Warriors of Darkness are going to be the characters from the CG trailers.
    Oh that's a given

In non-spoiler news, I heard from a static member that in the Live Letter they touched on all new raiding gear, and most gear for a matter of fact will be meldable.
    Accessories won't be meldable in terms of primary stats (Str, Vit, Dex etc...) so that kinda puts a dampener on using melded accessories on tanks or trying to push the min HP requirements on content etc...
    The melded gear, if true, could mean that healers can meld in Accuracy if they wanted to, or piety/crit/spell speed whatever they wanted. I know what I'm going to do though: No expenses spared for accuracy until I hit cap.

Edit: Here we go!

Takel on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Things I took particular note of:
    Vanu quests can only be completed by the job that took them, boo. I mean, maybe it's a little cheaty, but still. I just hope it isn't being back-ported.
    Group pose emotes, yay

Also, pretty much what I figured, you only get a relic boost if you have a full Zeta. Glad I didn't bother with those last couple steps, then.

• Options
    Oh, the new EX trial has been tuned to be around/higher than the difficulty of Alexander Savage Floor 1 but more mechanical rather than a harsh DPS check.

It also has TEN, count it, phases.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I was swiping at my keyboard and accessories this morning with a lysol wipe, and I must have hit a button because I could no longer sit on chairs or the bed in my room. I would just sit on the floor right next to it, or if I jumped on it I would do a floor sit animation on top of my couch.

I was actually looking for something like this the other day, and now I am bummed that I don't know what I did.

Someone plx halp!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Void Ark spoilers
    those two bosses we saw could very easily be Cuchulainn and Adrammelech

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The best thing:

Addition of new mini-games
    We will be adding the 1.0 gathering system as new mini-games in the Gold Saucer.

As much as 1.0 sucked that crafting mini game was one aspect I enjoyed. Just not that you had to do it so damned often. I really like that they are adding it back in as a mini game in the Golden Saucer.

Also I'm really glad they made it so you get to apply your Zeta advantage to a new relic of your choice. I was hoping they wouldn't leave the new Jobs high and dry on that one.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    IIRC, the D-Pad up/down and left/right are already automatically in different lists. Up/Down I think is party members and controller inputs for healing has a very slight advantage: You can cast abilities on a target without locking it as the 'default' target. So you can scroll to an enemy, hit whatever ability and when it's executed, your target will switch back to what you've locked the targeting to.

Yeah, the PS3/PS4 versions have this feature, but I'm trying to find a similar method for cycling between party members on PC.

So far I haven't been able to find it; there's hotkeys for selecting specific members, but I'm looking for a method where I just hit the same key to cycle between party members (and never targeting enemies).

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Keybind > System > Move Cursor/up Cycle up through Party List and Move Cursor/down Cycle down through Party List

Is that what you are looking for?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Keybind > System > Move Cursor/up Cycle up through Party List and Move Cursor/down Cycle down through Party List

The way my setup works is that I have "cycle through enemies" mapped to my middle mouse button. This lets me just click repeatedly to just cycle around all available targets.

I was wondering if I could pull a similar setup with party members. On the keybind system there are options to target Party Member 1, 2, etc, but not let me just cycle through all of them with a single click.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Dark Knight 50 quest is awesome sauce, and I can't post screens because spoilers!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm also having a little trouble changing targets, now that I'm trying out controller mode. So left and right on the D pad cycle through monsters? I usually just hit cancel and then confirm and hope it targets what I want.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

The way my setup works is that I have "cycle through enemies" mapped to my middle mouse button. This lets me just click repeatedly to just cycle around all available targets.

I was wondering if I could pull a similar setup with party members. On the keybind system there are options to target Party Member 1, 2, etc, but not let me just cycle through all of them with a single click.

So you want to bind a key to cycle up the party list and another key to cycle down the party list?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

So you want to bind a key to cycle up the party list and another key to cycle down the party list?

Not really. I'd prefer just one key to just cycle through the party list.

• Options
    Highlander lady animations are pretty dang fantastic.

• Options
    All the new hairstyles coming in 3.1, including the contest winners:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b

c69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_0.pngc69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_1.png
    c69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_2.pngc69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_3.pngc69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_4.pngc69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_5.png
    c69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_6.pngc69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_7.pngc69591e9ce2890b3cf6519afcefa468662d44b7b_8.png

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So I was swiping at my keyboard and accessories this morning with a lysol wipe, and I must have hit a button because I could no longer sit on chairs or the bed in my room. I would just sit on the floor right next to it, or if I jumped on it I would do a floor sit animation on top of my couch.

I was actually looking for something like this the other day, and now I am bummed that I don't know what I did.

Someone plx halp!
    Wait what? I was wanting this too! It's perfect for catpeople!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The Dark Knight 50 quest is awesome sauce, and I can't post screens because spoilers!
    It really is the game voicing everything you've been thinking.

The 60 quest is incredible as well:
    The scene at the end is really chilling, with Rielle giving her mother last rites as Sid decapitates her. She's taken the first steps on the path to becoming a dark knight.

I'm also having fun with the Scholar questline:
    Tonberry drill sergeants. That's all I have to say.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

The scene at the end is really chilling, with Rielle giving her mother last rites as Sid decapitates her. She's taken the first steps on the path to becoming a dark knight.

DRK 60
    I got chills when Rielle started the last rites to give Sid permission. The look of her mom's face before the hit sure was something.

• Options
    edited October 2015

DRK 60
    I got chills when Rielle started the last rites to give Sid permission. The look of her mom's face before the hit sure was something.
    The journal log states that she had a brief moment of lucidity as Sid struck true, and with her mind unclouded by insanity, realized she had to die to protect her daughter.

It's not a happy ending, but an altogether too realistic one.

Also, if you go and talk to them in the Forgotten Knight afterwards, you'll directly point out that Sid might want to consider training Rielle.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Also, another interesting point in the DRK storyline:
    You can hunt down Rielle's father. He's one of the A ranks in the Churning Mists, and in fact has a unique model (not just a scaled up mob.)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    One of my favorite parts of the DRK quests from 50 to 60 was
    Watching Sid and Rielle attempt to make sense of the Moogles.

And
    Another Mog reference. This time, DANCE!

Next expansion DRK speculation
    You and Sid train Rielle.

Yukira on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I want Mog to show up in the story. Either as some sort of post-60 Dragoon trainer, or as part of the storyline for a Dancer job if one is ever added.

• Options
    One of my favorite parts of the DRK quests from 50 to 60 was
    Watching Sid and Rielle attempt to make sense of the Moogles.

And
    Another Mog reference. This time, DANCE!

Next expansion DRK speculation
    You and Sid train Rielle.
    His threats to the moogles were hilarious. My favorite was "I'm going to rip your pom off and shove it down your throat!" As well as his calling them "furry little shites".

It is refreshing that the dark knights are less emo and more "burn it all down and salt the earth" in philosophy.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I've been leveling up my Astrologian due to lack of time to group with my friend whom I've been playing the MSQ with as a pally. The story has been decent (level 53 currently), but nothing particularly notable, except that I'd like to punch Jannequinard ... in the face ... multiple times.
    I really thought it was going to be him as the mastermind behind the bandit attacks, not his uncle/whomever is in Sharlayan running the show.

I think I'm gonna try and hit 60 with both my paladin and astrologian, and then pick a deeps class to level (I'm thinking either black mage or ninja). I might actually get to use a limit break again! I don't think I've used one since Garuda.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    I've been leveling up my Astrologian due to lack of time to group with my friend whom I've been playing the MSQ with as a pally. The story has been decent (level 53 currently), but nothing particularly notable, except that I'd like to punch Jannequinard ... in the face ... multiple times.
    I really thought it was going to be him as the mastermind behind the bandit attacks, not his uncle/whomever is in Sharlayan running the show.

I think I'm gonna try and hit 60 with both my paladin and astrologian, and then pick a deeps class to level (I'm thinking either black mage or ninja). I might actually get to use a limit break again! I don't think I've used one since Garuda.

The NIN story was good as well. The best part is in the big cutscene at 60:
    When the princess is at her lowest, you get a heroic entrance that shocks everyone, with Oboro asking her "How does it feel to know you are not alone, that there are those who still fight for you?"

Which leads her to give a simple command: to save her, and to take down the pirate curs.

I am looking forward to SMN 58,though.
    You wind up in a fight with the Ascians as you are building your internal image of Bahamut, fighting off their summons and recalling his wings, his claws...

And then you see his visage rise above you, as a single message appears:

"You have unlocked the Dreadwyrm Trance. "

And then you smile, because you're about to teach those hooded assholes all new lessons in pain.

• Options
    joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Penny Arcade FC Halloween Photo! Here are some pictures:
    fc_halloween_20151.jpg

fc_halloween_2015_sky.jpg

fc_halloween_2015_sky_spooky.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I got my friend hooked on this game. He popped his Satasha cherry a few days ago.

One of us.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    cleared alexander with my FC tonight! it was fun.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The costly (though not directly impacting my hip pocket) path in crafting now begins for me. I don't intend on crafting all i170 pieces of gear for all the DoHs simply because I don't have the armoury space; I want my glamour sets dammit! so I'm pretty much focused on getting the stuff that looks good, aka the GSM set because damn that one is so purty.

Just crafted a new set of i150 gear converting the old set for some extra materia and did the quick easy melds with grade 4s. My initial goal is to get total stats with unmelded main/offhand of 723 craftsmanship, 690 control and 378 CP. All the overmelding is done with grade 3 materia, so the actual melds aren't perfect in any way shape or form, but will get me the stats at a reasonable cost. Those stats are also expected to allow me to 100% HQ 2 star crafts at 11 IQ stacks with no HQ materials assuming 2 star offhand or a i180 main-hand (hence unmelded main/offhand as a point of reference). It'll be a little tricky since I don't quite have enough CP to extend the craft that long by default so I'll have to fall back and use the old 3-4 star level 50 strategy of using Tricks of the Trade to get a bit more CP.

I already have a crafted i170 BSM mainhand which I bought for a pretty decent price and am in the process of penta-melding with grade 4s. With that mainhand I have the stats to attempt 2 star crafts which the first order of the day would be the off-hands, which give a boost of 53 craftsmanship and 27 control each. The offhand will make any DoH eligable for 2 star crafts given the base stats from the common gear so my order of off-hands would be BSM -> CRP -> GSM/WVR -> ARM and then the remainder in whatever order. BSM first for the obvious boost in stats which will make the subsequent crafts easier, then CRP to get the GSM/WVR off-hands. GSM would allow me to craft the i170 accessories which would give me a slight boost in CP with the earrings being the biggest piece since that will have +6CP compared to the Dragon Fang earrings while the others offer a rather modest improvement of around 3CP each. WVR would give the opportunity to start working on the LHS pieces of whatever crafts I want to really spoil. ARM unlocks the ALC off-hands, which then leaves ALC, LTW and CUL as the last ones to get the off-hands. From there the next logical progression would be to craft the main-hands.

I actually don't want to focus on the i170 crafted main-hands just yet. It's very difficult to get them in a position to compete against the token i180s unless you use grade 5 materia, which don't really exist just yet. Same goes for the i170 crafted body. Again the unmelded stats are quite inferior to the i180s which makes it a rather expensive penta-meld to get it on par without access to grade 5 materias. I guess the fact you can dye them is worth it :P However, since the unmelded i170s are still better than my i150 melded references, they're still perfectly usable while I wait for grade 5 materias to really come onto the scene.
    Regardless, the best part is that just making the i170 off-hand will get me the stats I'm aiming for with the 2 star crafts. Any extra gear such as unmelded i170 LHS or main-hand is a bonus.

I've got a lot of SB'ing in my future...

Takel on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yay. Those photos were fun. I just wish I had been able to go to the third one at (I assume) Azys Lla.

Re: Summoner quests. I'm glad I don't need to complete the coils of Bahamut to do those quests, but that sequence described makes me think I should do it first.

• Options
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Oh hey a well balanced team will..

Nope... going all Hildebrand.

I will Gentleman my way to victory.

• Options
    Any idea what minions will be classified as poppets? What the heck is a poppet?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Puppet/doll. So most of the NPC minions for example.

The definition of poppet: a small figure of a human being used in sorcery and witchcraft.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Puppet/doll. So most of the NPC minions for example.

The definition of poppet: a small figure of a human being used in sorcery and witchcraft.

True, I guess I should have asked google. ;)

Though aren't most of the NPC's named "Wind-up <name>"? The "wind-up" part makes me think that they'd be gadgets.

chrono_traveller on
This discussion has been closed.