As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2015 Pre-Pax Drinkies - Done for another year.

• Options
    FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Sorry for being so AFK, I'm going to confirm with transport bar tomorrow for all of us, but since I'm enforcing this year, I won't be able to have as an active role as I hoped...

I'll write here tomorrow in regards to transport (should be fine) and then really up to you feral! I have a few places in mind, but I'd be lucky to make it to the transport in time to be honest...

• Options
    Oh, I'll see if I can get in touch with Bartronica tomorrow as well! Could be great to pop by there on the way ;)

• Options
    CarrotTopCarrotTop Registered User regular
    I'm staying at the United Backpackers, just across from the Flinders St Station, couldn't be more convenient

• Options
    feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up re Bartronica, Not looking like it will be as big as last year, guessing max 20 people at this stage @FuzzyPredator So probably no real need to book ahead...

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
  • Options
    mouseno4mouseno4 Registered User regular
    I would love to show the international people the city of Melbourne. Just imagine having a drink with a German, American, Canadian, British, New Zealander etc etc... all in the one bar and the same time. Even though i would not be drinking alcohol like they would, it would be an amazing time. Mostly because, they are very likely to have the same interests as me despite coming from the other side of the planet.

• Options
    bman26bman26 Registered User regular
    @mouseno4 couldn't agree more, my wife & I caught up with a gaming friend and his partner in New York when we were on our honeymoon and it's to look back at it and think that we know each other through gaming and had so much to talk about because of it!!

• Options
    I have told Transport about is rocking up and they're cool with it, but wanted a casual $5000 to book a room, so I reckon, just rock up! I'll try to make it there as quickly as I can after all the [E] stuff...

@feralmaster can you please pm me your number, just in case I'm running late?

Also, people, remember Twitter is your friend, tweet #paxbeer as to where you are, how you're enjoying it, etc. Get that trending!

• Options
    I'm about to get a baby bonus, but hopefully not before this weekend, twins, maybe that will cover it...

Just hitting up some people from last years thread, you people coming?

@Gero
    @ninnanuam
    @Fitzchivalry
    @SpyderAU
    @WallStar
    @Pixels
    @flashe
    @inconspicuous_
    @Questor
    @spellicer
    @Antoshka
    @IMSancho
    @gotofail
    @jaywalker82

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hey I was in last years thread!

But probably not. I have a dinner at 7:30 and I felt like shit start of pax last year after tracking you guys down for a beer and then staying up too late. :P

• Options
    Hey I was in last years thread!

Yes, but you already posted in this one, so already know about it ;) I was much more sensible last year, paced myself. The year before at the racetrack I was a write-off and didn't get there till midday.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the message, I arrived in Melbourne yesterday. I'd be happy to come along.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    I am starting to look forward to the pre-PAX event. Only for the interesting people and conversations i might have.

• Options
    So I went and had a chat to the guys at Games Lab. They have a limited licence on weekdays. There is a Magic tournament upstairs on that day. If we are going there and want to at least get a drink in it is super important we arrive before 11. That being said there are plenty of places nearby.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm about to get a baby bonus, but hopefully not before this weekend, twins, maybe that will cover it...

Just hitting up some people from last years thread, you people coming?

@Gero
    @ninnanuam
    @Fitzchivalry
    @SpyderAU
    @WallStar
    @Pixels
    @flashe
    @inconspicuous_
    @Questor
    @spellicer
    @Antoshka
    @IMSancho
    @gotofail
    @jaywalker82

I'll see you fine folks there!

• Options
    FulchrumFulchrum Registered User regular
    Can I tag along? I'm in town early and would like something to do that night.

• Options
    @Fulchrum The more the merrier, no need to ask.

• Options
    ShanoreShanore Registered User regular
    Seems like fun! I might head off very early though....because I'm a lightweight

• Options
    McFoulMcFoul Registered User regular
    I'll be at games lab most of the day killing time before pax, catch yas there!

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm Tabletop volunteering, so I'll be at the Convention Centre from about 3 learning the new games we're going to be demoing. Hoping to perhaps join everyone for a swift one when we finish :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can't believe it is 12 hours till I set off for Melbourne. So excited to meet you all!

• Options
    IMSanchoIMSancho Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll come along again, was a good time last year though I might head off a bit earlier this time around :P

• Options
    SuperRoachSuperRoach BallaratRegistered User regular
    I'm likely not going to join until before tea, but good to note the shirts there :)

I'm going to check up if you can pick up your tickets early / on thursday (media pass), so that will help too.

But yeah once I've checked my bags and stuff in to the hostel, I'm all free for pax.

• Options
    @Questor I'll be going from setup there, so you can come with :)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Well i am going to be leaving home shortly to be at the city by about 3-4 so i can pick up my badges from the collection point. If anyone wants to meet and hang out somewhere, i will be in the CBD from 3-4pm onwards.

mouseno4 on
  • Options
    mouseno4 wrote: »
    Well i am going to be leaving home shortly to be at the city by about 3-4 so i can pick up my badges from the collection point. If anyone wants to meet and hang out somewhere, i will be in the CBD from 3-4pm onwards.

Will probably get to transport around 6:30, - lining stomach beforehand.

• Options
    JermachiJermachi Nuu ZeelundRegistered User new member
    Looking forward to tonight. Should be a hoot! Currently waiting to get PAX tickets now.

• Options
    Just got my two other badges to go along with the one I already had.

If anyone here is in the CBD or at MEC don't keep it to yourself!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I'll be at Belgian Beer Cafe from 5:30 ish (5 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006)

Wearing a black T-shirt with the Zerg logo from starcraft 2 and jeans.
    Clicky

Be warned although it's sunny and warm now it'll cool down quick.

Also, Twitter: clicky #PAXBeer yeah?

bman26 on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Agreed. If you are new to Melbourne weather, dress for humid but be prepared for the nightly cool down. :)

I am wearing my Star Wars "Join the Dark Side" t-shirt and camo shorts. The guy with sunnies on his head is likely me. :P

mouseno4 on
  • Options
    These things are on phones now! Heh amazing. Just got tickets, ill get a lazy lunch nearby now! Im wearing a black top that has space invaders btw, and I'll take pix and put them up on the tag thing (@superroach)

• Options
    Agreed. If you are new to Melbourne weather, dress for humid but be prepared for the nightly cool down. :)

I am wearing my Star Wars "Join the Dark Side" t-shirt and camo shorts. The guy with sunnies on his head is likely me. :P

I'm sitting outside, I think you just walked in?

• Options
    bman26 wrote: »

I'm sitting outside, I think you just walked in?

Rofl! I don't know what to look for so there is no way I could tell anyone from anyone.

I have not seen anyone wearing what has been mentioned here.

• Options
    SamBSamB Registered User new member
    Just found this thread and the Transport Bar is 5 minutes from where I'm staying. Noice. I'll be there after food!

• Options
    Oh the other way which worked last year - wear your pax tags!

• Options
    Not sure where it is? Took a photo on the way there.

• Options
    Bah fail test two.
    p4JsFpT.jpg

• Options
    Look for us!
    URy0EOL.jpg

• Options
    Target found!

• Options
    How many are there yet? Please keep this thread updated with your movements, I might be bringing some enforcers with me after this Q&A!

• Options
    bartronixa currently, maybe 25 as we hooked up with ppl here...