As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kind of a blah [Steam] sa.. OH GOD WOLFENSTEIN: TNO FOR $9!!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What I played of Driver SF felt really squirrelly to me. Maybe you get used to it with time.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    That is the best driving game period.

I haven't thought of Driver SF in bloody ages, man that was a good game. Some of the events were frustratingly challenging but it's definitely worth playing right through to the end. The way the game feels when you do a big burnout, donut and then peel into main street sideways dodging cars... It feels completely right and certainly way better than Burnout Paradise in this specific example. What happened to this genre, dammit!

Hopefully it sees a good sale at Christmas, there're plenty of new Steam thread people that've likely missed it

It goes on sale every time there is a seasonal event. I absolutely adore the game. I think it's one of the greatest driving games out there period. Up there with Burnout Paradise, probably surpassing it imo. The cars all handle differently with the right about of weight to them and the challenges were so refreshing in a genre that usually just sticks to the race or chase formula.

And don't even get me started on the absurdity of the story, it was wonderfully done. We need to get multiplayer going on that again. It was a blast the last time we tried it.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Viking continues his classy assault on my backlog!

qowex4xmprd1.jpg

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    I just played through Murder several times. What a wonderful experience. Ran through it multiple times and saw a few things that @drake didn't see but we collaborated and think we got what the story is. Thanks again drake, that was amazing!

Go on, do tell! Spoiler or even PM if you like. It's definitely a game I'm intrigued for other perspectives on. :)
    Apologies for that grammatical nightmare. Brain misfiring.
    Draske figured out that the D;/ on the computer was what caused the suitmans to appear later. However the dialog when I did that was different to the dialog from my intial run where I itneracted with everything.

The first run through he says " "I'm not here to answer your questions, player"

but the 5th play through where I did the pc thing he said "I'm not here to answer your questions, hero"

Its not overly significant on it's own but in that original playthrough I played it like a game, clicking everything, a real player. Whereas the fifth one I only clickedo nthe optional D drive, the rest was critical stuff only, much like how most people would deal with stuff everyday. I thought it was really neat.

Also I somehow triggered a skip mode on my second play through but no idea how. It sped up dialog prompts but then deactivated after 6 interactions or so. Weird.
    I knew something was up with the prompts on that computer. My short-term memory being what it is, though, it had slipped my mind by the time other stuff was going on.

I'm gonna have to play this thing throug again. It sounds like your idea of playing it multiple times back-to-back might be the way to go.

There is so much more in there. Little cues in dialog and such that differ. I love it!

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Have now upgraded my PC to 16 GB of RAM. So naturally, the game I select to supplement my play-through of Fallout 3 is Organ Trail.

H-H-H-H-Ho-H-H-H-H-How do you do partn-How-H-H-H-H-H-H-How do you do partner?
    I never quite could get over how that game handled NPC audio files

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    This isn't how we solve the problem "I have too many new games to chose from."
    773v6twtm5yd.jpg

Thanks @Viking for Minecraft story mode

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    New Steam thread hype! My birthday done came & went though, it was uneventful.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Trove lately. A very "gotta catch 'em all" fever.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh good. I got invaded and killed while I had 4000 some souls to recover.

And that was the last time I turned human in this game...

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Oh good. I got invaded and killed while I had 4000 some souls to recover.

And that was the last time I turned human in this game...

Go back and harvest tree seeds religiously. Turns all the monsters against the invader. Run through groups of them and watch as the invader tries to just run through them like normal and gets eviscerated.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I don't know what you're talking about. What tree, what seeds?

All I know is that I don't think I can beat these fucking gargoyles.

*edit* They can regen health?!?! Fuck this, I can't deal with this anymore tonight. Stupid bullshit fire everywhere health regenerating stunlocking fuckgoyles.

Houn on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Houn wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about. What tree, what seeds?

All I know is that I don't think I can beat these fucking gargoyles.

*edit* They can regen health?!?! Fuck this, I can't deal with this anymore tonight. Stupid bullshit fire everywhere health regenerating stunlocking fuckgoyles.

Yeah sadly I needed Solaire's help to beat them and of course that means going human to get to his summon sign--assuming that you met him for it to appear. Other than a few bosses I summoned NPCs into I was very happy to stay hollow.

My experience with invaders in DS2 is I've only had two (I may have some weird perma-burned human effigy buff, or did), but both felt rather laggy so in a game that depends heavily on timing, movements, etc. it was hardly ideal. Thankfully the second invasion I was right next to a bonfire so I gave zero fucks.

In streaming news I beat Expand (thanks again @Antoshka for the game and soundtrack!) and it's really a lot of fun. The puzzles range from simple to downright devious and with the soothing music you never feel too stressed out. It's also great to play in bits, I never felt lost on what I needed to do next. It uses a great use of the medium in how it warps the labyrinth as you explore it making some rather insidious puzzles to work through. Did I mention the music is great? Can't find a sample but you can check out it and some gameplay (warning: it does spoil about the last fourth of game, skip to 6:12 to get to the gameplay) from my final stream of it. It only takes about 2 hours to beat so at $6 it might be a bit steep for some but what an experience.

But now I'm lacking a game to play during my first 30 minutes of my stream and I like doing these smaller/easily broken up games to build up to Dark Souls 2 or whatever I end up streaming in the future. So I have a poll.

Edit: Oh also I'll be streaming The Park on Halloween. May do Darkest Dungeon in the 30 minutes just to keep it spooky.

Karoz on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Productive weekend:

Finished Major Mayhem, Tiny and Big, Gravity Ghost, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

Getting into Choice of the Deathless. Interesting one of these choose your own adventure novel games. I think I prefer the superhero one just because it's easier to get a grasp on what everything in the world means, but ah well.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Productive weekend:

Finished Major Mayhem, Tiny and Big, Gravity Ghost, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

Getting into Choice of the Deathless. Interesting one of these choose your own adventure novel games. I think I prefer the superhero one just because it's easier to get a grasp on what everything in the world means, but ah well.

A quick primer:
    • Gods were real, until Craft men and women killed them. Literally. Things don't grow where gigantic Gods bled to death.
    • Craft people are pretty much magical bureaucrats who create links in a sort of astral plane that tie the world together in a way that used to be done by the Gods.
    • Really powerful Craft men and women can turn themselves into animated skeletons at the end of their natural life.
    • Extensively and tightly worded contracts with demons are a requirement. They're always looking for a way to invade our world and take over, despite being very useful labourers and guards.
    • Souls are the only currency that matters, and slivers of it can be deposited into anything tradable, like a flat metal disc for instance. Too few and you turn into a zombie, but with plenty the world presents itself in lovely HD.

Book #4 came out in July and was pretty dang good. I think the author paid a lot of attention to the political upheaval in Kiev a few years ago, and what was happening in the streets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Productive weekend:

A quick primer:
    • Gods were real, until Craft men and women killed them. Literally. Things don't grow where gigantic Gods bled to death.
    • Craft people are pretty much magical bureaucrats who create links in a sort of astral plane that tie the world together in a way that used to be done by the Gods.
    • Really powerful Craft men and women can turn themselves into animated skeletons at the end of their natural life.
    • Extensively and tightly worded contracts with demons are a requirement. They're always looking for a way to invade our world and take over, despite being very useful labourers and guards.
    • Souls are the only currency that matters, and slivers of it can be deposited into anything tradable, like a flat metal disc for instance. Too few and you turn into a zombie, but with plenty the world presents itself in lovely HD.

Book #4 came out in July and was pretty dang good. I think the author paid a lot of attention to the political upheaval in Kiev a few years ago, and what was happening in the streets.

Ooh, these are based off books? I might check that out.

Finished the game (or at least one playthrough of it). May have another go at it - this one definitely seems to have more opportunities for branching paths than the heroes games.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    I just found out that Downwell supports vertical monitor orientations, and now I really wish I had one of those setups.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vegan wrote: »
    I just found out that Downwell supports vertical monitor orientations, and now I really wish I had one of those setups.

I now need to know what Downwell is, very well

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Downwell is a game about a kid who jumps down a well. With guns on his boots.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

I now need to know what Downwell is, very well

Great game I'm giving away.

Only bayonetta port available on PC.

Check the previous page for the steam gifts page (currently in a train)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Hah, you can see the sort of fun an author can have in the CYOA medium that they're not afforded in regular books. Not a spoiler of Deathless: The City's Thirst, just illustrating my point
    j204xq5d8ps0.png

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping for a Project Zomboid or Subnautica patch this week. Although it might be best if they didn't happen, since I don't have a lot of gaming time right now. I'm building a device to terrify children, you see. It's coming along well, but there is still much work to be done.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    I'm really hoping for a Project Zomboid or Subnautica patch this week. Although it might be best if they didn't happen, since I don't have a lot of gaming time right now. I'm building a device to terrify children, you see. It's coming along well, but there is still much work to be done.

The hell you say. Gimme that sweet Subnautica update right now. :razz:

Ooh. They're working on animations for being bitten by the Stalker, Sand Shark, and Bone Shark. Neat. Oh, and Sea Dragon animations. Probably not coming in this next update, but maybe soon.

Right now, all I really want is water filtration, food farming, and the Lost River biome.

In other news, played a fair amount of Mad Max over the weekend. I still plan to go for all the steam achievements eventually. After ~55 hours of play I finally went to Gastown proper. And woo boy, that first story mission sends you to a hella creepy place. I loved it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Have many of you upgraded to Windows 10 yet? Any compatibility issues with any Steam games?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    I upgraded when it came out and everything I've tried has been fine so far. One bonus is that Win10 seems to handle my 360 controller a bit more smoothly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Ooh. They're working on animations for being bitten by the Stalker, Sand Shark, and Bone Shark. Neat. Oh, and Sea Dragon animations. Probably not coming in this next update, but maybe soon.

Right now, all I really want is water filtration, food farming, and the Lost River biome.

In other news, played a fair amount of Mad Max over the weekend. I still plan to go for all the steam achievements eventually. After ~55 hours of play I finally went to Gastown proper. And woo boy, that first story mission sends you to a hella creepy place. I loved it.

What mission are we talking about here? Spoiler it, obviously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm on Windows 10. I really like it. The only issue I've had is that it doesn't like my particular monitor/TV configuration, especially for sending audio over to the TV. It works now, sometimes, but it's less than ideal.

• Options
    I'm on Windows 10. I really like it. The only issue I've had is that it doesn't like my particular monitor/TV configuration, especially for sending audio over to the TV. It works now, sometimes, but it's less than ideal.

Ah I thought it was just glitchy for me. Glad to know it's not just me.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Have many of you upgraded to Windows 10 yet? Any compatibility issues with any Steam games?

Yep, everything works fine for me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular

No problems here, and I've been running it since it was still in tech review. There are a few cosmetic issues, but nothing that'll stop you from gaming.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    well glad to hear win 10 isnt causing problems anymore, i heard a couple horror stories back when they first started offering upgrades which made me not download it. then they started doing a campaign where they were constantly trying to get me to upgrade with constant messages and propoganda. this made me very suspect as i dont remember the last time microsoft gave anything away for free, not to mention making an extreme effort to do so.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Mad Max spoiler (obviously)
    The Underdune. Going after the Lighties.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Mad Max spoiler (obviously)
    The Underdune. Going after the Lighties.

Yeah that was pretty cool. I played waaaaay too long just clearing the bases and scavenging parts for outposts. When I started actually playing the story, it was a lot of fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Help me, Steam Thread! I can no longer start up any games. The "preparing to launch" message pops up, but then just...stays there indefinitely and the game never launches.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Help me, Steam Thread! I can no longer start up any games. The "preparing to launch" message pops up, but then just...stays there indefinitely and the game never launches.

Have you tried the oldie, but goodies of "restart steam" and then "restart computer" first? This happens to me if steam has been running continuously for loooooong time periods.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

This is an issue I've had off and on with my video cards for over a year with Windows 8. It's totally a driver thing, and both AMD and NVidia will just break it randomly in some driver releases. AMD seems like they're worse about it.

I've been fine in Windows 10 so far, but I've also stopped upgrading my video drivers unless absolutely necessary.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »

Have you tried the oldie, but goodies of "restart steam" and then "restart computer" first? This happens to me if steam has been running continuously for loooooong time periods.

Heh, yup...restarting steam didn't do anything, but restarting the computer did.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    So, after sleeping on it, I still feel like the Bell Fuckgoyles are assholes, however, I'm ready to give it another shot tonight after work.

I do feel like I'm probably making all kinds of mistakes in my build, but I don't really "get" what I should be doing so far. I rolled Pyromancer because Fire!, but having only 8 shots of Fireball means there's no way to be pure mage, at least right now.

Do people still spoiler Dark Souls? I only spoiled myself up through reaching the Blacksmith near the Parish thanks to Extra Sidequest, but stopped watching there.
    I made a quick run to grab the Winged Spear, then headed into the 'Burg. Fireballs took out the Black Knight without much effort, and I took out the Tartarus Demon on my first go. Made my way up to the Blacksmith, cleared out the Parish, found a Halberd somewhere along the way, so that's my "primary" at +3 so far. Cleared out the Parish without much issue, freed the dude from the cell (who promptly disappeared), then went to fight the Fuckgoyles, and got stuck there.

Heck, the only reason I got invaded is because I went Human long enough to Kindle the bonfire near the Blacksmith (assuming that would get me 10 Estus instead of 5 when I rested there), and suddenly learned that's what enables PvP and was promptly destroyed by some high-level whip-wielding asshat.

I feel like I should start over, though. If I can't actually be a caster, I should probably roll a class with better melee stats to start with, and not waste so many of them pumping STR if I'm going to use a weapon that scales off DEX. Or maybe I should just go STR and cut everything down?

I dunno, I'm just mad that I can't be a mage.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    It's mystery code madness time! What horrors or joys await?!

8JXML-RDQIZ-H0YF6
    RWTJM-0KLYD-V32MK
    LP6HN-WKP2D-V9VKQ
    5GXYT-9HZN9-H9646
    2DBHH-DW74K-BA78C
    58WE8-50PGI-VTTY4
    VD8IV-7WLM5-J590T
    MI4AG-ZRFJM-XH6BY
    P92BJ-DX0AX-HA8XL
    E265H-P2A7Y-XM2N4

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Played the final chapters of Tales from the Borderlands and Life Is Strange over the weekend. I enjoyed both quite a bit. Tales just always seems a little bit chuggy on its transition loading. But some of the best stuff TellTale has done so far. Game of Thrones just seems like a snoozefest at this point. Life Is Strange, if the darker tones of the last episode turned you off a bit, well that does not go away. Looks like reactions to that ending are a bit mixed, but I thought it was very well done. Not sure what I feel like playing next. Nothing's really grabbing my attention. I have a bunch of things I should finish but haven't felt motivated to. Stasis. The second half of Broken Age. Blackguards 2.

Might end up giving the latest Assassin's Creed a go on PS4 rather than waiting and seeing if the PC version is a train wreck or not.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It's mystery code madness time! What horrors or joys await?!

8JXML-RDQIZ-H0YF6
    RWTJM-0KLYD-V32MK
    LP6HN-WKP2D-V9VKQ
    5GXYT-9HZN9-H9646
    2DBHH-DW74K-BA78C
    58WE8-50PGI-VTTY4
    VD8IV-7WLM5-J590T
    MI4AG-ZRFJM-XH6BY
    P92BJ-DX0AX-HA8XL
    E265H-P2A7Y-XM2N4

Snagged that code. Thanks!

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'm at work and can't activate any of those.

Is it okay if I ask to hold MI4AG-ZRFJM-XH6BY until I get home?

This discussion has been closed.