As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
edited November 2018 in Debate and/or Discourse
Ok everyone's favourite brick-based toy thread is back!
Exciting times are coming for all Lego fans as its only 2 months till christmas and that gives us all an excuse to buy Lego for our kids our selves.

You might buy the new Lego Dimension game.Put your Lego inside the computer system of your choice and explore worlds from Lord of the Rings, to DC, to the Simpsons, and more. Buy packs featuring your favourite characters for even more levels and to experience the joy of having Marty McFly run around with Benny the Spaceman.
BN-HU478_lego_G_20150408225713.jpg

Or you might be excited for December 1st for Doctor Who and the Tardis to arrive.
Doctor-Who-Lego-Set.jpg

Or you might like the idea of building a castle on tank treads via the upcoming Nexo Knight line
1465168802649633421.jpg

Or you might be very exicted for the Ghostbusters HQ coming soon because Toy's R US Canada just put it up on their website by accident thus confirming its existence.
From the TRU website/various Lego news sites reporting the news:
'Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig! Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms. Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.

So what are you most eager to start building?

GaryO on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I can't get over that Doctor Who set. So excited! Might have to swap out the core of the console for some trans orange pieces though. Be true to Twelve. ;D

The Ghostbuster Firehouse might be a bit too spicy at $350. Maybe I can convince Lady Raven to go halves on it if it's an easy conversion to a Modular. She's all about dem Modulars now. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gonna Get the Doctor Who set for sure. I'm hoping more follow( seems likely)

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hey nerds

Do they sell like just a big box of various Legos that aren't attached to any particular IP and if so where can I get something like that?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    knitdan wrote: »
    Hey nerds

Do they sell like just a big box of various Legos that aren't attached to any particular IP and if so where can I get something like that?

Look for the Classic Creative Brick Box. They're sold pretty much everywhere that sells Lego.
    hmbgauhs4yfw.jpg
    This is the medium sized box, but they also have small and large sizes available.

see317 on
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    We shall hope the xmas Lego shortage the company is saying doesn't create a mass panic buy.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Depending on my money situation after buying presents this year, I am very tempted by the Lego Dimensions game. The gameplay videos make it look super fun, and I'm really enjoying the mashup of different properties.

I'm actually tempted to get the Portal set this payday, as I love the figures and it would spread out the impact on my wallet if I take the plunge on the main game set.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I think Lego Dimensions is just a bit too expensive for me. £85 for the base game alone, its too much.
    Says the man who just bought a Millenium Falcon, Jokerland, a bunch of Halloween minifigs, 2 lego advent calenders and a new storage box (entirely for small Lego Star Wars vehicles). On the plus side all the reward points I have means I can now get the new x-wing for about £10

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Depending on my money situation after buying presents this year, I am very tempted by the Lego Dimensions game. The gameplay videos make it look super fun, and I'm really enjoying the mashup of different properties.

I'm actually tempted to get the Portal set this payday, as I love the figures and it would spread out the impact on my wallet if I take the plunge on the main game set.

The gameplay is super tedious and boring. Glitchy as hell as well. Batman in particular tends to get stuck or simply stop working until I remove him from the game and reload him. 90% of the puzzles are Wyldstyle finds a batman hook Batman pulls it or Gandalf uses magic to dismantle something which you build into a Batman hook or car ramp. the mandatory vehicle upgrades cost stupid high amounts of studs so you spend more time breaking objects and chasing down studs ( They don't fly towards you they actively fly away from you and AI allies won't pick them up) . There's no goddamn manual camera in the story mode either.

The actual story is pretty funny. Of the level packs - The simpsons stuff is terrible. Only Dan Castlenetta has any voice work and it's all old clips that are hideouslly annoying on repeat. Hope you like Hearing Homer yell repeadytedly while a level loads. The springfield free roam is really weirdly designed ( all of them are to be honest but it stands out here.)

The Portal stuff is Aces ,the Back to the future stuff is a super truncated version of the first movie definitely not worth the price but hey mini delorean.

Honestly I'll keep buying these for the Lego not the actual game.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Went out to the Lego shop cause I finally have money again, and woo double points.

Ended up snagging the Miles Morales vs. Carnage set (Looks like a good build, gonna start working on it)

Got some of the monster minifigs. Got both varieties of ghost, the gargoyle, the Rockenstein Monster, and a skeleton Trick-or-treater. All very awesome, but now I need a Ghostbusters set so that someone can bust the ghosts.

My last purchase was solely for one part. I got one of the Lego Junior Spider-Man sets, the Spider-Man Hideout. Why they decided to hide their non-Ultimate Green Goblin in this kit, I'll never know. What I did know was I needed a proper, not roidraging Goblin to terrorize my Daily Bugle with Carnage, so here we are.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Had a minor freakout over the weekend. A friend was in town and we happened to walk by a toy store with a huge Lego sign in the window that I somehow hadn't seen before. We walked inside and there were boxes for the Town Hall, the Fire Station, the Haunted House, and the Grand Emporium on display - but they also had the Sydney Opera House box up there, and I got excited thinking that this little podunk place still had them in stock somehow. Alas, the owner is just a huge Lego freak who built them himself and put up the boxes for show. :| (I bought the Louvre and two monster minifigs, which turned out to be the zombie cheerleader and the zombie businessman.)

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am still pretty annoyed about the Town Hall pre-deceasing the Pet Store, which came out after.

• Options
    So there's only 3 Simpsons sets yes?
    I'm thinking of making a table display in my basement and some simpsons would be grand

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    There's only 2. The house and Kwik-e-mart.

And 2 runs of 16 minifig blind bags.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Well that's a bummer.

I assume no more are coming? I figured they'd at least make the school and Moes street corner

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Had a minor freakout over the weekend. A friend was in town and we happened to walk by a toy store with a huge Lego sign in the window that I somehow hadn't seen before. We walked inside and there were boxes for the Town Hall, the Fire Station, the Haunted House, and the Grand Emporium on display - but they also had the Sydney Opera House box up there, and I got excited thinking that this little podunk place still had them in stock somehow. Alas, the owner is just a huge Lego freak who built them himself and put up the boxes for show. :| (I bought the Louvre and two monster minifigs, which turned out to be the zombie cheerleader and the zombie businessman.)

Sydney Opera House is in stock in the LEGO online store right now?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Well that's a bummer.

I assume no more are coming? I figured they'd at least make the school and Moes street corner

I haven't heard about any more, but its been one a year for the last 2 years. Hoping in spring for another big set.

Using Simpson's in Lego dimensions gives me hope they're still working with the franchise.

The big bummer is they won't touch Moe because of the alcohol connections.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Moe's Milk Barn

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Moe's Milk Barn

Moe's Family Feedbag

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Moe's Milk Barn

Moe's Family Feedbag

He also had a coffee cart in the episode where Barney quit drinking.

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Well that's a bummer.

I haven't heard about any more, but its been one a year for the last 2 years. Hoping in spring for another big set.

Using Simpson's in Lego dimensions gives me hope they're still working with the franchise.

The big bummer is they won't touch Moe because of the alcohol connections.

They could make it the Family feedbag .

The dimensions free roam level is kind of weird and missing a ton of landmarks There's no no church, city hall or ,old folks home for whatever reason but a huge chunk 0f space is dedicated to a Krusty themepark they entirely made up and this weird underwater cavern

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Doesn't Homer's mini-fig come with a can of Duff beer?

Though I guess having a whole bar would be on a different level than a single beer can.

• Options
    Its Buzz Cola.

• Options
    Heh, Bricklink's 404 is cute

img_brick2.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular

Sydney Opera House is in stock in the LEGO online store right now?

Mmmmmaybe? It was in stock at my local official-Lego-store last time I was there.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    First pics of Ghostbusters Firehouse are up, press release later today: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153279222373403.1073741907.6665038402&type=3

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    I was slightly bummed that the Ghostbusters are all wearing their same attire from the Ecto-1 kit... except wait...

12112048_10153712801352760_1519056388481999614_n.jpg?oh=ae6c2d6ae26da2d21265b784ad16e852&oe=56C58FB6

OK yeah, perfect.

Looking like just the Firehouse at the moment, no Ecto 1 or big Stay Puft build?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I hope no Ecto. I want tons of details inside.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    On one hand I'm disappointed there isn't a basement, but on the other hand, I love that it will be able to be put in with other modular buildings. Admittedly I only have one modular building so far, but they are like Pringles

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    On one hand I'm disappointed there isn't a basement, but on the other hand, I love that it will be able to be put in with other modular buildings. Admittedly I only have one modular building so far, but they are like Pringles

...$150+ Pringles...
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Ugh they sure are. I bought the advent calendars today for the kids, and hmm need to get to $99 for the Christmas train.. oh I think the Palace Cinema would do it right?

It's especially tough because $350 is no small amount, and the reason I haven't gotten the out of print modulars is because of their high resale price... so if I cave on the GB HQ, it justifies purchasing the other ones. Oh dear

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    CM6i19J.jpg

Made an Ice Planet 2002 mech: Icebreaker.

FYI I did change out that lousy wrong colored toe.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited that we're going to have Rick Moranis and Annie Potts minifigs.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It's especially tough because $350 is no small amount, and the reason I haven't gotten the out of print modulars is because of their high resale price... so if I cave on the GB HQ, it justifies purchasing the other ones. Oh dear

No, because the other modular buildings aren't Ghostbusters

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is this the first minifigure scale official Lego set that is a real life building? I think it is. Obviously those architecture kits and Tower Bridge are a different category.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Wanted to deconstruct my Milano spaceship - it's a little too bulky, we had a good run. But it's also doubling as a display base for my Guardians characters at the moment. Soooo. Gonna make a little Ghosbuster's Ideas display base for it. But I also wanted to include a lil' Milano. At first it was gonna be a micro scale little L thing of a couple blue and yellow tiles. Then I found this cute lil' Microfighter style MOC of it that I ended up having most of the parts for. :D

R3Zdci6l.jpg

Yeah this works! Gonna use the pieces of the full size ship to make the display base. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I really want Dimensions. I keep trying to convince myself that I don't want it, but I do want it. I'll just... Purchase Add-On stuff in moderation. Prioritize new levels and try not to feel the need to catch 'em all.

Yeah. That's what I'll do.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Wanted to deconstruct my Milano spaceship - it's a little too bulky, we had a good run. But it's also doubling as a display base for my Guardians characters at the moment. Soooo. Gonna make a little Ghosbuster's Ideas display base for it. But I also wanted to include a lil' Milano. At first it was gonna be a micro scale little L thing of a couple blue and yellow tiles. Then I found this cute lil' Microfighter style MOC of it that I ended up having most of the parts for. :D

R3Zdci6l.jpg

Yeah this works! Gonna use the pieces of the full size ship to make the display base. <3

That is super awesome and I may totally steal this idea. My Milano has been in a box for awhile because I just dont have the space...

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Got my order of advent calendars + palace cinema in, and I've started on the Christmas train that came with it. It's a pretty good sized set for a 'free' one.

• Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I really want Dimensions. I keep trying to convince myself that I don't want it, but I do want it. I'll just... Purchase Add-On stuff in moderation. Prioritize new levels and try not to feel the need to catch 'em all.

Yeah. That's what I'll do.

It's designed so that in every level there's at least one area that requires a figure that isn't available yet or an ability not included with the base set and you will encounter it or build it first then find out .
    It will chip away from you

This discussion has been closed.