As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kind of a blah [Steam] sa.. OH GOD WOLFENSTEIN: TNO FOR $9!!

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    The only issue I have had after switching to Windows 10 is I can't get my ps3 controller to work over Bluetooth anymore. Still works wired which is totally disable so I don't have any complaints other than that. Although I have had to verify many a game cache.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm at work and can't activate any of those.

Is it okay if I ask to hold *code* until I get home?

It's probably not going to work. There's plenty of lurkers and even scrapers in this thread.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    So, after sleeping on it, I still feel like the Bell Fuckgoyles are assholes, however, I'm ready to give it another shot tonight after work.

I do feel like I'm probably making all kinds of mistakes in my build, but I don't really "get" what I should be doing so far. I rolled Pyromancer because Fire!, but having only 8 shots of Fireball means there's no way to be pure mage, at least right now.

Do people still spoiler Dark Souls? I only spoiled myself up through reaching the Blacksmith near the Parish thanks to Extra Sidequest, but stopped watching there.
    I made a quick run to grab the Winged Spear, then headed into the 'Burg. Fireballs took out the Black Knight without much effort, and I took out the Tartarus Demon on my first go. Made my way up to the Blacksmith, cleared out the Parish, found a Halberd somewhere along the way, so that's my "primary" at +3 so far. Cleared out the Parish without much issue, freed the dude from the cell (who promptly disappeared), then went to fight the Fuckgoyles, and got stuck there.

Heck, the only reason I got invaded is because I went Human long enough to Kindle the bonfire near the Blacksmith (assuming that would get me 10 Estus instead of 5 when I rested there), and suddenly learned that's what enables PvP and was promptly destroyed by some high-level whip-wielding asshat.

I feel like I should start over, though. If I can't actually be a caster, I should probably roll a class with better melee stats to start with, and not waste so many of them pumping STR if I'm going to use a weapon that scales off DEX. Or maybe I should just go STR and cut everything down?

I dunno, I'm just mad that I can't be a mage.

That was pretty much my exact experience with Dark Souls. I rolled a mage and got off of the starting island, but felt like melee was the intended way to play and I had no idea of how to allocate my points.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I'm at work and can't activate any of those.

Is it okay if I ask to hold MI4AG-ZRFJM-XH6BY until I get home?

Sorry, I'd used that one before I saw your message. Although @Madican is not wrong.

Cheers for Botanicula, @mere_immortal !

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I thought the whole reason for the CODES tag was to fight scrapers.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    It's mystery code madness time! What horrors or joys await?!
    VD8IV-7WLM5-J590T

I bit for a mystery code! Grabbed this one, thanks for To The Moon!

steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hey it's another one of Karoz's "I cant' think for myself so I'm going to do a poll" err polls.

Since I just beat Expand I need another smaller game to stream for 30 minutes before my 2 hour block so I put together a bunch of candidates.

Vote here

Also on Halloween I'm going to be streaming Darkest Dungeon for 30 minutes and then streaming (hopefully) all of The Park.

Karoz on
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Hey it's another one of Karoz's "I cant' think for myself so I'm going to do a poll" err polls.

Since I just beat Expand I need another smaller game to stream for 30 minutes before my 2 hour block so I put together a bunch of candidates.

Vote here

Also on Halloween I'm going to be streaming Darkest Dungeon for 30 minutes and then streaming (hopefully) all of The Park.

Gotta take the /r off of the link to be able to vote.

steam_sig.png
    I voted for This War of Mine mostly because it was the only one I've played. That game is pretty out there for me though. I did not enjoy it. I just, I try to play the heartless monster in games, but I just can't do it. Yes, YES I'LL HELP YOU! I WANT YOUR THANKS AND JOY!

steam_sig.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

Vote here

How do you vote! I'm being repressed! Edit: Doh, Learn2read me.

Xeddicus on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    f3rret wrote: »

Vote here

Gotta take the /r off of the link to be able to vote.

Whoops, thanks for catching that. The link is fixed now.

Karoz on
    Take the trailing /r off of his link.

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Little less than three hours left to get your entries for the raffles in. I'll draw winners using Geth after I calculate numbers, then I'll give out the Steam monies dealy today, and I'll mark down the winner's name to give out the Fallout 4 code when I get it from GMG.

KoopahTroopah on
  • subisubi Registered User regular
    1bb2q42dbtxg.jpg

Will 8GB be enough for system ?

• MurgatroydMurgatroyd Registered User regular
    Just a heads up, looking at the Monday deals, Vertiginous Golf is listed as 50% off but somehow is free? Should be $7.50. Hitting install added it to my library. What I'm saying is, if you're into dystopian steampunk mini golf, maybe do that.

Mine says free for 24 hours. Not sure if it then removes itself like a "free weekend" thing or it stays since the "gold pack" is what's 7.50

steam_sig.png
    I think it being free is what is 24 hours. So go get it now?

steam_sig.png

Yes, the news post says right out- it's free for 24 hours. Then not.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I thought the whole reason for the CODES tag was to fight scrapers.

Ah forgot I could have put them in tags :/

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    Its ok, I got looked up by key within 10 minutes of using your code. :-D

steam_sig.png
    subi wrote: »
    1bb2q42dbtxg.jpg

Yes. How much do you have now? What were you doing then? Just Firefox?

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
  • subisubi Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    subi wrote: »
    1bb2q42dbtxg.jpg

Yes. How much do you have now? What were you doing then? Just Firefox?

4GB ,never have problems in win7

Firefox,Opera Chrome ,but few tabs only ,and system process is 1gb

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Weird, I actually like some of those better.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

Page not found?
    Edit: Nevermind, it just suddenly started working.

Undead Scottsman on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Weeklong Deals I've beaten post:

Anodyne - quality old-school Zelda like game. Great music.
    Fly'N - I've harped on the quality of this game many times, but I'm going to do it again. Remember how I shoved Hexcells down your throats until everyone realized they loved it? This game is like that. 2D platformer collection game, which is fucking gorgeous. Starts out early, but there's a proper difficulty ramp and the later levels are just that perfect level of frustrating-but-doable. Can't recommend enough.

....and that's it this week. Huh. Costume Quest 1+2 combo pack is on sale, but the original game (which is what I've beaten) isn't.

Anyway, yeah. Get Fly'N.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a weeklong. Sadly its DLC isn't.

Hmm, some of those are quite smart... oh dear. Fail on the old Thief games. Thief II's subtitle is missing and Thief: Deadly Shadows' subtitle is mis-spelled.

edited October 2015
    Spintires has five new trucks; official mod tools and Steam Workshop coming soon.

Jazz on
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Just got back from a long weekend at the Ohio Renn Faire. Had a blasty blast and some crazy good times! Now we've picked up the beast dog and I have another day off to relax before I have to deal with work again.

Last night we hung out after closing hours with some friends and played Fibbage and Drawful from the Jackbox Party Pack and it was amazing! I hadn't looked too much into them when it released, but now I know I need them in my life and definitely suggest them to anyone thinking about it for those two games alone.

Thanks so much to @iolo for posting up the new thread while I was gone! I knew I could count on you!

Now to catch up on my Heroes of the Storm quests, play some FTB Infinity and decide what other game troubles I can get myself into while I'm still semi-coherent.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Someone gimme a pitchfork...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Boy, Downwell gets tough. Finally made it to the 3rd level, only for it to be an underwater level with an oxygen limit type thing.

steam_sig.png

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I find I do a bit better in Downwell when I hang back and refrain from jumping down like maniac.

but dem head stomp combos doe

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Someone gimme a pitchfork...

latest?cb=20140409160048

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I find I do a bit better in Downwell when I hang back and refrain from jumping down like maniac.

but dem head stomp combos doe

Yeah I'm reading the Steam guide and there are apparently some levels where hanging back a bit is beneficial to not dying. I'd slow it down, but going fast is so much more fun.

steam_sig.png

Geth, roll me some raffle winners.

Steam monies:
    geth roll 1d61

Fallout 4:
    geth roll 1d16

1d61 18 [1d61=18]
    1d16 4 [1d16=4]

@bloodatonement wins the $60 of Steam monies!

@Corsini wins a copy of Fallout 4 from GMG!

Thank you everyone for donating to my Extra Life marathon of 2015! Lots of love with $1130 for the sick kids over at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia!

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    @Shade is trying to use technicalities claiming Beta's do not count, thank you for Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta but you are still in trouble mister!

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    If you are enjoying Downwell I can't recommend Probability 0 enough either. Same basic concept, you descend into a pit, kill enemies, collect powerups and the like. The pacing is really different though. The action is slower but Probability 0 has higher pressure in that the stage is always moving. Like Ice Climbers but in reverse. Also instead of grabbing powerups you progress through a skill tree, so pursuing specific strategies is a thing. It's also developed by Droqen, creator of Starseed Pilgrim. Support quirky indie games and the people who make them!

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    congrats to @TeeMan for winning Downwell!

hope you enjoy de gunbootins.

This discussion has been closed.