As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2015 AUS Omeganauts

13»

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They took it off the app.

• Options
    psychoticdaypsychoticday Registered User regular
    Scratch that, schedule on the app has been revoked.

• Options
    KylarKylar Registered User regular
    Did anyone see what it was briefly lol?

• Options
    I didn't but my friend who told me it was on the app said something about a Japanese game where you eat stuff and Mario Kart......which I suck at. :D

My goal is to make it past round 1.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's a solid plan.

• Options
    KramburgerKramburger Registered User regular
    something about a Japanese game where you eat stuff

Like... a video game? Or am I going to cut breakfast short?

• Options
    Kramburger wrote: »

Like... a video game? Or am I going to cut breakfast short?

Lol. Video game. I think it's like The Blob, you're a little...blob...and then you eat stuff and get bigger and then you eat bigger stuff. I think I played a game like it ages ago. Mindless fun. :)

• Options
    I have a feeling tho that what we end up playing might be very different. The fact the schedule was pulled down so quickly makes me think it wasn't ready and will be changed.

• Options
    SpiceSpice Content Sponge Registered User regular
    I have bad feelings about all the games listed, but I'll do my best!

• Options
    NinNonsNinNons Registered User regular
    It's up now!
    1. Beautiful Katamari
    2. Mario Kart: Double Dash
    3. Super Monkey Ball 2
    4. Super Avalanche 2
    5. Bananagrams

• Options
    Jono_NZJono_NZ Registered User regular
    I'm frightened.

• Options
    I'm assuming double dash will be in pairs

• Options
    Just watched a whole bunch of super monkey ball footage....looks so hard.

• Options
    Picked up katamari used. That game is... just wow.

• Options
    NinNonsNinNons Registered User regular
    Time to watch some let's plays I think

• Options
    Ax0rAx0r Registered User regular
    Hey Omeganauts - good luck for the comp this year. I just want to offer some advice.

One of your rounds is Bananagrams, which is kind of like simultaneous solitaire speed scrabble. They played it at pax prime when I went in 2011. You can look up the rules online if you've never played.
    The way they worked it in the omegathon, the first person to finish their crossword when there were no tiles left would call out, then everyone would stop. The judges would come over and assess their crossword to make sure it didn't have any errors. An error would get you disqualified. The top two people from each game got through the round.

The problem was that literally every single person who called had a mistake in their crossword somewhere, and so were disqualified. People who didn't come close to finishing their crossword got through the round.

So make sure that your crossword is valid, you don't have any spelling mistakes, and you haven't forgotten to include a tile properly before you call.

• Options
    GumptiongirlGumptiongirl Registered User regular
    What do the omeganauts do to watch the PAX Q&As? Since they are somewhat overlapping. Do you all get friends to record the sessions for you? Is there a special upload just for you guys? Or is it just mystery forever...

• Options
    I get the feeling that we get nothing and like it. At least we're free for the make a strip panel.

• Options
    Blimey, that's rough

• Options
    Those should all be uploaded to Twitch.

• Options
    Everyone get the email?

IT'S HAPPENING YOU GUYS GET HYPE

• Options
    Kramburger wrote: »
    I get the feeling that we get nothing and like it. At least we're free for the make a strip panel.

Make a strip panel?

Oooooooooooohhh! COMIC strip. Ahem.

You all going to make it to the meet and greet? I land 2.5 hours before, so hopefully there are no traffic jams on the way there!

• Options
    Oooooooooooohhh! COMIC strip. Ahem.

To be fair, now that Kris Straub's involved, nothing's off the table anymore. The kid's a maverick.

I'm definitely coming to the meet and greet, it'll be great to see everyone before the competitive edge kicks in.

• Options
    Mike RutchMike Rutch Registered User regular
    I'll be at the meet and greet. I'll be arriving in Melbourne at like 8:30am, but I'm pretty sure the city can keep me entertained until the dinner.

• Options
    I'll be attending a games day but heading off early to come to the meet & greet.
    It's tomorrow people, SO HYPE!

• Options
    I may not sleep tonight, such is my hype.

• Options
    Hey you were that guy on the stage!

Were you the one that won?

• Options
    Yeah, that was me. Unless I tripped over on my way onstage, fell into a coma and dreamed the whole thing, which I'm not ruling out just yet.

• Options
    Wente

Bananagrams was great to watch, I'd never experienced it before

• Options
    And now Kram you get to be hyped again for another PAX. Going to East to be Ryan's bitch right?
    I had a fantastic time as an Omega and it was an honour playing alongside all of you.

• Options
    Spice wrote: »
    And now Kram you get to be hyped again for another PAX. Going to East to be Ryan's bitch right?
    I had a fantastic time as an Omega and it was an honour playing alongside all of you.

Yeah, I sorted out the flights with Khoo earlier in the week. I'd love to get to PAX Prime, but East works better with my schedule...