As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Roleplaying Game Events at PAX Aus 2015

delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in PAX Australia
We have a wide variety of organised RPGs on offer at PAX Aus, with games beginning at 11 am on each day of PAX. Everything you need is provided, so whether you're an old hand at roleplaying, or are interested in trying out something new, our GMs are ready for you to turn up and play!

An average game session will run for about 2.5 – 3 hours, so most will start at 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm, or 8 pm. Places in each game are limited, so be sure to be on time! Places may be booked in advance, however if you are more than 10 minutes late, you may find the game already under way, and your place at the game already occupied.

For events where multiple games are listed, the game played may be selected by the group when play begins, or may have been requested ahead of time by people booking in advance ("Ooooh, I really want to play Goblin Quest on Sunday!")

Want to know more? Ask questions below, or come find us next to TableTop HQ at PAX Aus!

Cornucopia of RPGs

Burning Wheel
FRI: 5 pm – 11 pm
SAT: 5 pm – 11 pm

"Trouble in Hochen" - You have been called to Hochen, a remote village in dire straits: famine in the dead of a hard winter and rumors of infernal influence. Are you here to save the villagers, extort them - or damn them?

Call of Cthulhu
SAT: 11 am – 5 pm
SUN: 11 am – 5 pm

1910 USA; A group of hobos are chased out of town into a situation that far exceeds their worst nightmare. Come die or go insane with me!

Crucible
FRI: 11 am – 11 pm
SAT: 11 am – 11 pm

Crucible, a coin based fantasy RPG of epic powers, moral choices and insidious darkness. Be amongst the first people in the world to play the showcase edition of this innovative new table top game.

Deadlands
FRI: 11 am – 5 pm

Harrowed Ground - A Texas Ranger and their posse are sent to investigate strange happenings near a small town in Texas. Strap on yer six-shooters partner, 'cause yer in fer the ride of yer soon-ta-be-shortened life. Sponsored by Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Dread; & Fiasco

Dread - A group of fringe dwellers face a threat from the other side of the veil. Could they be all that stands between humanity and the greedy fae? Urban Fantasy set on the streets of Melbourne.

Fiasco - A cursed theatre, a distressed cast, a producer who doesn't understand that there is a reason to be superstitious, and it still isn't opening night.

Fate

Three different worlds, three different questions:
  • Can your 8-bit video game characters find a way to overcome and rescue classic arcade heroes now corrupted by the Glitch?
  • Are you ready for some Action Science as you fight alongside the immortal robot, Atomic Robo?
  • Can the neighbourhood cats defend their territory from supernatural forces without falling to dark forces?
The answer to each: FATE!

Goblin Quest; GxB; & Microscope

Goblin Quest - The world is full of heroes. You’re not one of them, you’re just the cannon fodder trying to make your mark in an evil war camp. A game about slapstick violence, fatal ineptitude, and the greatest adventure of your life.

GxB - Momoko is a shy freshman at Atarashi high school, eager to fall in love for the first time. But who will she choose? The smart boy? The dangerous boy? The class president? Guide Momoko through three dates and help her choose the perfect boy (or girl) to be her first love in this story based dating game.

Microscope - History in the making. Precisely what that history is, is entirely up to you.

Goblin Quest; Microscope; Mythender; & Toon

Goblin Quest - The world is full of heroes. You’re not one of them, you’re just the cannon fodder trying to make your mark in an evil war camp. A game about slapstick violence, fatal ineptitude, and the greatest adventure of your life.

Mythender - It is time for all gods to die - but how do you slay a god without becoming one in the process?

Microscope - History in the making. Precisely what that history is, is entirely up to you.

Toon - Play as a creature in a Looney Tunes world where everyone gets blown up at some point, but nobody ever dies.

Microscope; Monsterhearts; & Mythender

Mythender - It is time for all gods to die - but how do you slay a god without becoming one in the process?

Monsterhearts - Teenage romance is messy at the best of times, but when you're a supernatural being, messy doesn't even begin to describe it.

Mouse Guard

"In the Shadow of Winter" - A group of near adult woodland animals must save their village from a hard winter. A Redwall/Wind in the Willows style game.

Numenera; & The Strange

Numenera - Earth a billion years from now, much is forgotten, more is not understood. Outside the region called The Steadfast, home to humanity, lies The Beyond - unexplored, uncivilised, unknown.

The Strange - Forces from across multiple realities work to bring about the destruction of Earth, with only agents of The Estate to stand in their way, to keep the world safe. Sliders meets Stargate, in a multiverse where every fictional reality is accessible to those who can travel between realms.

Planet Mercenary

Set in the Schlock Mercenary universe, Planet Mercenary is the maxim-slingin', gun-totin', hilarious Space Opera RPG that makes failure fun, success exciting, and bring science fiction roleplaying to an easily accessible audience near you.

SLA Industries

Remembrance - Three strangers are drawn together to end the killing spree of a dead serial killer who is picking up where he left off.
Remembrance is a short role playing game for three players using the 'SLA Industries' gothic horror setting.

Systemless – Begin Again

Build a rural community after a viral apocalypse. Decide who stays and who leaves, who leads and who follows, who lives and who dies. Grow big or stay small, choose to talk or to conquer, make a utopia or a dystopia. A community-building structured sandbox for up to six players.

The One Ring (Lord of the Rings)

"Red Days Rising" - The clans of Rohan stand nearly at war. King Thengel hopes to secure peace with a marriage between rival families. But how can the King secure peace when so few of his people seem to desire it?

SnakAttak

A perennial favourite at PAX Aus, war gaming has never tasted so good!

Tiny Teddies Go To War - Defend your donut mountain from hordes of opposing Tiny Teddy troopers, gummi commandos and humongous Teddy Bear Biscuit tedd-naughts. You lose it, you eat it! Final game on Halloween is fought for the annual Gingerbread Trophy.

Rocky Road Warriors - A new post-apocalyptic highway battle game where lamington buggies scour the glazed lands ramming enemy vehicles and scavenging for every last crumb!

Entree Invaders - A savoury game where your fleet of canapes travel the galaxy seeking more cheese, kabana and olives to enhance its power. But beware the singularity dips and their warping gravity effects!

Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Society Organized Play is a worldwide fantasy roleplaying campaign that puts YOU in the role of an agent of the Pathfinder Society, a legendary league of explorers, archaeologists, and adventurers dedicated to discovering and chronicling the greatest mysteries and wonders of an ancient world beset by magic and monsters.

Pathfinder Encounters

Short 2 hour adventures for players new to tabletop roleplaying games and would like to try it out. Characters sheets will be provided, so you can jump in and play with no delay.

Pathfinder Adventures

A complete 6 hour adventure for players who would like to experience a full Society adventure. Character sheets will be provided, so you can jump in and play with no delay.

Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer's League

The D&D Adventurers League is an ongoing official organized play campaign for Dungeons & Dragons. It uses the fifth edition of the Dungeons & Dragons rules, and features the Forgotten Realms setting.

You can play D&D Adventurers League games at any place that features adventures bearing the D&D Adventurers League logo. You can create a character and bring that character to games anywhere D&D Adventurers League is supported.

More discussion on D&D at PAX Aus 2015 in this thread

Harried in Hillsfar

There are strange occurrences in the lands around Hillsfar and the peaceful village of Elventree. You and your friends investigate some of these events, which a mad-man (or possibly a prophet) has told you about. One thing is for certain, however: it won't be entirely safe! An one-hour adventure for character levels 1 and 2.

Bane of the Trade Ways

Times are hard in the Hillsfar countryside, especially for those of non-human ancestry. Unscrupulous merchants in league with the hated Red Plumes bleed local farmers and artisans dry. Perhaps some of those loot-laden caravans coming and going from Hillsfar could use a bit of liberation? A two-hour adventure for character levels 1-4.

Shackles of Blood

You have heard reports of halfling and elven farmers going missing from the settlements around Hillsfar. You need to find out if those rumours are true - and if they're true, to find out what's happening to the farmers! A four-hour adventure for character levels 1-4.

find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
vgjxaRK.png
delwyn on

• Options
    IcefuhrerIcefuhrer Registered User regular
    Excellent! Can't wait to play some CoC and Fiasco!

• Options
    RazorgirlRazorgirl Registered User new member
    Fantastic!

And SLA Industries! [swoon]

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I've never played any kind of DnD or tabletop RPG so I'm thoroughly looking forward to jumping in head first and checking them all out!

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    MerricBMerricB Registered User regular
    Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

• Options
    delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    I've never played any kind of DnD or tabletop RPG so I'm thoroughly looking forward to jumping in head first and checking them all out!

Excellent! We'll be happy to help you find a game (or many!) to play.

find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
    vgjxaRK.png
  • Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Heya, this is my recommendation for Crucible which I played this morning; its an interesting but simple system and the GM made it a fun time! PLAY IT

ameybes on
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Ended up finding some Pathfinder games to play which was a tonne of fun but being my first pax my attention did go all over the place so i didn't get to try out as many tabletop varieties as i would have liked :( But next year for sure i will set some time aside to check out all the varieties.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    chunky04chunky04 Registered User regular
    Out of curiousity, how did the RPGs go with being in the tabletop hall? It seemed like acoustics would have been a formidable obstacle. I guess thats not different from most con RPGing, but thats something I haven;t really had any experience with.

• Options
    MerricBMerricB Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    chunky04 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, how did the RPGs go with being in the tabletop hall? It seemed like acoustics would have been a formidable obstacle. I guess thats not different from most con RPGing, but thats something I haven;t really had any experience with.

Incredibly well, actually. The really, really high ceiling means that the noise of the convention centre goes up and doesn't reverberate as much as in smaller halls. We were separated a little from the rest of the convention (against the far wall), and I never had any problems hearing what was going on.

I was worried about the noise going in, but it's actually not an issue!

Looking forward to next year!

Cheers,
    Merric Blackman
    D&D AL Local Co-ordinator (Victoria, Australia)
    merricb@yahoo.co.uk

MerricB on