As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Festival of the Lost is live! Big head mode and cavities for everyone!

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So uh... there's a neverending match of Skirmish that I've been placed into twice now. 61,785 to 30,880. Perpetually 0:01 left on the clock.

I may or may not be working on Imprecations Headshots.

Fawst on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    So uh... there's a neverending match of Skirmish that I've been placed into twice now. 61,785 to 30,880. Perpetually 0:01 left on the clock.

Oh man that would be the best map to get Imprecation kills on.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Looks like the gunsmith has awesome full-auto rolls for both the DIS-43 and DIS-47, which is nice. May have to do some science to figure out which feels better in the crucible.

Random question, but to pick up a checkpoint, do you have to do anything other than swap to a character and join on someone holding it? You'll then keep it on that character if you leave and come back?

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    So I've been watching some videos.....how easy is Crota (regular mode) to solo for a decently geared guardian?

Depends whether you're using a regular controller, or Rock Band drums.

3clipse wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHC-1E9EWE

Crota solo using Rock Band drums.

• Options
    Aaaaand Imprecations kills done. Thanks, glitches match! But I do really want to play a match I can win. Hard to do Weekly Bointies for Shaxx when the match is screwed.

• Options
    Four exotic engrams from the Gatelord. Four chest pieces. Five 290 Crest of Alpha Lupi.

A Legendary turned into an exotic. Lucky me.

Come on, Bungie.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    So I've been watching some videos.....how easy is Crota (regular mode) to solo for a decently geared guardian?

So great.

But call me when someone beats Crota using only the PlayStation/Xbox button.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I don't understand how that guy even aimed. Unless that was the new xbone drum kit and it has two sticks on it? The 360 one I've got only has a dpad.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    So apparently syzygy is an actual astronomical term for celestial bodies aligning.

also one of the four longest words in the english language without vowels if you don't count y because if y can't even make up its mind then why should we care

A vowel is a sound (phoneme), not a letter (grapheme).

Syzygy has three vowels (in American English, the sound "ɪ" twice, the sound "i" once), all represented by the grapheme "y"

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    NERD!

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

I may or may not be working on Imprecations Headshots.

this sounds amazing. hopefully people stop fighting and learn the true meaning of christmas

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

So great.

But call me when someone beats Crota using only the PlayStation/Xbox button.

@Booker "Xbox, kill Crota!" Might be worth a try...

The thing about Imprecation: is it a bad gun? Yeah for sure. Are most people in Crucible too terrible for that to matter? Yes again. Go to an unpopular playlist (classic Rumble) and give it a shot. Part of the problem might be you COULD use some practice with hand cannons. I had to do some remedial work on my timing + aim to get up to snuff.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    So apparently syzygy is an actual astronomical term for celestial bodies aligning.

also one of the four longest words in the english language without vowels if you don't count y because if y can't even make up its mind then why should we care

Syzygy has three vowels (in American English, the sound "ɪ" twice, the sound "i" once), all represented by the grapheme "y"

"Syzygy" is my favorite word. Seeing a whole conversation about this random word in a thread about my favorite game is very happy-making. =D

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean I can see toughing out chaperone or even sword kills. But imprecation is a slow firing shitty hand cannon that can not kill anyone. I tried it in rumble this morning and I was losing to literally every encounter. At all ranges.
    Impreciation teaches you how bungie sees hand cannons in y2. You can not stand toe to toe with anyone.

You need to use cover and only expose yourself while firing. Or team shoot. Taking any damage makes head shots imposible.

It's the hardest quest in destiny but it makes you a good hand cannon user ( not that you'd use one over pulses anyway)

I almost broke down and cheesed it. Instead I dropped my kd .4 in one night.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Do all the "1000-Yard Stare" quest rewards have Firefly on them?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    The quest reward one does, yes.

Vanguard vendor version has Triple Tap and Mulligan, it's superb for raiding.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Do all the "1000-Yard Stare" quest rewards have Firefly on them?

I believe so. All quest Conspiracy Theory-D's are identical, for example. as are the Down and Doubt's from the quest reward.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

you know what else has three vowels

the nazis

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Another two Nightfalls, two new sets of coins.
    Anyone else wanna do the NF? I still need it once.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

will you be awake in five hours

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I got a 308 Void Sidearm from the Nightfall. Half of me wants to infuse it into something more 'useful' but i really really like sidearms despite them being useless outside of patrol missions *maybe*.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options

... I shouldn't

• Options

... I shouldn't

well if you haven't found one by then i'm your man

• Options

... I shouldn't

well if you haven't found one by then i'm your man

If he's asleep and I'm online in 5 hours, hit me up; I haven't done the Nightfall yet.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    One of my 6 NFs this week we had 3 void swords against the boss.
    Void arrow -> 3 people slashing him -> second void arrow -> more slashing -> dies before he can walk away once

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular

Not sure I will even get the screenshot out of my PS4, but my first Nightfall had all 3 of us get 11 Three of Coins. It was hilarious. It was sad. It was a cavalcade of emotions.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    One of my 6 NFs this week we had 3 void swords against the boss.
    Void arrow -> 3 people slashing him -> second void arrow -> more slashing -> dies before he can walk away once

Just as a note in case people were unaware, Thee Darkblade only does his disappearing trick in response to damage from gunfire, so even during non-Burn encounters with the fellow you can prevent him from ever disappearing by only attacking him with supers and swords. A piece of advice that is really helpful when doing the exotic sword version, because it means you can kill your last warden(s) and then be sure that the Darkblade won't disappear before the timer runs out.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Syzygy was Nolan Bushnell's first choice for a company name, but someone already had it. So he had to settle for Atari.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Got a 4pm MST normal oryx up on the 100.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

the nazis

The hive.

Oryx == Hitler CONFIRMED

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

the nazis

The hive.

Oryx == Hitler CONFIRMED

the fallen

the cabal

omg you guys

• Options

the nazis

The hive.

Oryx == Hitler CONFIRMED

the fallen

the cabal

omg you guys

Phonetically, so does 'guardian'.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

the nazis

The hive.

Oryx == Hitler CONFIRMED

the fallen

the cabal

omg you guys

What, you don't pronounce it "goo-arr-dee-en"?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Hey Xbox people: Need to kill Atheon? I put a game up on The 100. Come join!

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/385110

Doing a fresh run, but I will pick up the Atheon checkpoint on my alts, if anyone needs to run it later this week.

@awsimo

A friend of mine and I may take you up on this. Thanks for the heads up.

Sure, I'm keepin' an Atheon CP warm and toasty for ya.

I also require an Atheon kill on XB1. GT is s314der.

I would like in on this action if there is room.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options

the nazis

The hive.

Oryx == Hitler CONFIRMED

the fallen

the cabal

omg you guys

What, you don't pronounce it "goo-arr-dee-en"?

I prefer the Cabal pronunciation of 'guardian': "æsˌhoʊl"

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Anyone on XB1 interested in a HM Oryx today?

• Options
    Need one more for a Nightfall, like right now. You know, before Chanus comes home.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    NATBurn took down Hard Mode Oryx from start to finish in a single night! And this was even with my console deciding it had to update right in the middle of a good Golgoroth run. Wasted like 40 minutes and a decent Golgoroth attempt.

Here's a couple fun things I recorded:

Booker shows off his Titan skills
    Bogey finds a new enemy
    I learn that I am either in a Bond movie or the Destiny incarnation of Neo

• Options
    Need one more for a Nightfall, like right now. You know, before Chanus comes home.

that gives you about two hours guys

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Anyone on XB1 interested in a HM Oryx today?

Yes, but not too late preferably.

Might be a little hard wrestling some people from Halo 5.

Sirialis on
This discussion has been closed.