As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Festival of the Lost is live! Big head mode and cavities for everyone!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    NATBurn took down Hard Mode Oryx from start to finish in a single night! And this was even with my console deciding it had to update right in the middle of a good Golgoroth run. Wasted like 40 minutes and a decent Golgoroth attempt.

Here's a couple fun things I recorded:

Booker shows off his Titan skills
    Bogey finds a new enemy
    I learn that I am either in a Bond movie or the Destiny incarnation of Neo

Shad gets stuck in the grav lift

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Anyone on XB1 interested in a HM Oryx today?

Yes, but not too late preferably.

Might be a little hard wrestling some people from Halo 5.

Yeah it's dominating my friends list. I will spam invites soon, just gonna eat first. Anyone else interested, join up. So far, including Siri, we have 3, so we need 3 more.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Yes, but not too late preferably.

Might be a little hard wrestling some people from Halo 5.

Yeah it's dominating my friends list. I will spam invites soon, just gonna eat first. Anyone else interested, join up. So far, including Siri, we have 3, so we need 3 more.

I'm about to eat soon too, will log on after that.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    @Evil Monkey @Dyvim Tvar @Haximus

Anyone else need Atheon for NTTE? Maybe we can set up something tonight?

lol, as if I ever got those ghosts.
    However if you need somebody to distract enemies with English charm and a very shootable face then I'm you're Huckleberry.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Whole King's Fall, or just Oryx?

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Vagabond wrote: »
    NATBurn took down Hard Mode Oryx from start to finish in a single night! And this was even with my console deciding it had to update right in the middle of a good Golgoroth run. Wasted like 40 minutes and a decent Golgoroth attempt.

Bogey finds a new enemy

That thing killed me once.

I ran into it, but I guess I was only halfway in. It launched me into the ceiling of the bottom room and I died.

Al_wat on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Whole King's Fall, or just Oryx?

You're already in the party but, starting fresh and just seeing how far we get. We have 5 once Siri gets on so we need one more.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Still need some people for my 4PM MST normal Oryx raid kill on PS4.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Bogey finds a new enemy

I also get stuck above Golgoroth's starter-bubble while waiting on Obi

At the time, I didn't notice Vagabond defiling my remains, however. xD

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited October 2015

Bogey finds a new enemy
    Stupid light fixtures! :x

I ended up with a lot of drops from last night's hardmode run:
    Doorway: Kingslayer Shell - 319
    Warpriest: Harrowed Defiance of Yasmin - 312, Exotic engram - chest
    Golgo: Kingslayer Shell - 300, Silence of A'arn - 304
    Daughters: Worm Gods' Boon - 313
    Oryx: Mouth or Ur - 307, Harrowed Mouth of Ur - 311, Midha's Reckoning - 306, Harrowed Silence or A'arn - 312

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    Anyone PS4-side need the fragment from this week's Tier 3 CoO? I'm thinking of throwing a thing up on the100, but I guess I should probably make sure I have a rune first...

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Anyone PS4-side need the fragment from this week's Tier 3 CoO? I'm thinking of throwing a thing up on the100, but I guess I should probably make sure I have a rune first...

I think I need it this week but I'm busy tonight and tomorrow with raids.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I've gotten like five primary weapon exotic engrams and they've all been fucking The Last Word. At least the one today was 310. whooo.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I've gotten like five primary weapon exotic engrams and they've all been fucking The Last Word. At least the one today was 310. whooo.

I finally broke my curse with a Jade Rabbit the other day. But I had three or so Last Words in a row prior.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    Need 1 person for a normal Oryx raid on the PS4 in about 20 or 30 minutes.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    One of my 6 NFs this week we had 3 void swords against the boss.
    Void arrow -> 3 people slashing him -> second void arrow -> more slashing -> dies before he can walk away once

Just as a note in case people were unaware, Thee Darkblade only does his disappearing trick in response to damage from gunfire, so even during non-Burn encounters with the fellow you can prevent him from ever disappearing by only attacking him with supers and swords. A piece of advice that is really helpful when doing the exotic sword version, because it means you can kill your last warden(s) and then be sure that the Darkblade won't disappear before the timer runs out.
    Ohhhh neat. Yeah I wasn't sure if we were stun locking him, or if the arrows did it, or what. What about secondary/heavy/rockets/grenades? I'm not sure what you mean by gunfire.

jCyyTSo.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Destiny's lack of an actual support contact should be goddamned illegal. It's actually worse than Steam in that I can't even email anyone to get a "we already have your money, go fuck yourself" response. There is literally no mechanism for Bungie to even tell me to fuck off. Just a help forum that Bungie pays almost no attention to.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    One of my 6 NFs this week we had 3 void swords against the boss.
    Void arrow -> 3 people slashing him -> second void arrow -> more slashing -> dies before he can walk away once

Just as a note in case people were unaware, Thee Darkblade only does his disappearing trick in response to damage from gunfire, so even during non-Burn encounters with the fellow you can prevent him from ever disappearing by only attacking him with supers and swords. A piece of advice that is really helpful when doing the exotic sword version, because it means you can kill your last warden(s) and then be sure that the Darkblade won't disappear before the timer runs out.
    Ohhhh neat. Yeah I wasn't sure if we were stun locking him, or if the arrows did it, or what. What about secondary/heavy/rockets/grenades? I'm not sure what you mean by gunfire.

I don't know about grenades, but everything else you listed is a gun.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    oooo hesperonaut chestpiece acquired

the spaceman suit begins

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    dear xur plz sell taikonaut this weekend thx

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Trying to win a goddamn single game of rift with pubbies that don't understand the game type is giving me an aneurysm.

EDIT: So... I left a game at its conclusion, hopped back into the queue, and it sent me into the end-of-game stats screen of the game I just left. What the fuck, Bungie?

metaghost on
    So I got a pop up about the gear manager beta on the Destiny site. Holy shit is it nice.

edited October 2015
    Trying to win a goddamn single game of rift with pubbies that don't understand the game type is giving me an aneurysm.

EDIT: So... I left a game at its conclusion, hopped back into the queue, and it sent me into the end-of-game stats screen of the game I just left. What the fuck, Bungie?

I had a lovely matchmaking experience where the queue sent me into a Rumble game just after the heavy ammo dropped where there was a guy spawn camping with a machine gun.

Bad enough that you start on 0 points and they already have heavy ammo and supers before that bullshit gets factored in.

Went to orbit, got queued into a new game and my new Lyudmila just wrecked everything. Ended up with >3.0 K/D and won by around 700 points.

Highlight of the match: Killing a guy that a Sunbreaker was throwing hammers at before the Sunbreaker could, then waiting for the Sunbreaker to come round the corner where I sniped him in the head for a one hit kill.

So not only did I get good points, I also denied the guy in second place any points from his super. I love it when a plan comes together.

Muffinatron on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Destiny's lack of an actual support contact should be goddamned illegal. It's actually worse than Steam in that I can't even email anyone to get a "we already have your money, go fuck yourself" response. There is literally no mechanism for Bungie to even tell me to fuck off. Just a help forum that Bungie pays almost no attention to.

What's going on?

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    the large amount of quests that involve winning has turned solo crucible into a real shit show

and that people have now been encouraged to quit in those circumstances has increased the amount of quitting in other circumstances as well

I miss the old days where you'd often play with the same basic group for 3 or 4 games

that literally never happens now

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    So, gonna start nowish for the PS4 normal Oryx raid. Need 1 person. I have gathered the most vicious and professional group of mercenary raiders in Destiny. It will be a quick run. A precise run. It will be devastating to the Hive. Oryx wont know what hit him.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    the large amount of quests that involve winning has turned solo crucible into a real shit show

and that people have now been encouraged to quit in those circumstances has increased the amount of quitting in other circumstances as well

I miss the old days where you'd often play with the same basic group for 3 or 4 games

I think they addressed that they realized it was a problem and they were currently working on fixing those quests?

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    They need to fx join in progress too. Like more than 2 spots open? Mercy rule. Personally I'm All for disabling it all together. But rumble especially should have it off. There's zero reason for join in progress for rumble all every reason not to have it.

616610-1.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular

I think they addressed that they realized it was a problem and they were currently working on fixing those quests?
    Sure, but the issue still exists until a fix is rolled out.

What's crazy is that they let this happen in the first place - Iron Medallions were implemented specifically to address people quitting. It's a known issue!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »

I think I need it this week but I'm busy tonight and tomorrow with raids.

Rats. I'm away for a few days, but if you still need it on Monday, I'll help.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Yeah. They did say they were giving quests a sweep, and some of the bounties too in either last week or the week before's update.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Interesting new HM Oryx strat
    I've been a sherpa for quite a few HM Oryx groups in the past few days and every group I've been with has loved how easy my strategy is and they all comment how much easier it is than the no knight method so I thought I would share it so everyone can get the fight down easier.

First of all this strategy has two requirements. A defender titan with ToM and 1 other person with ToM. Have the titan use Blessing of Light, Bastion, and Illuminated.

Assign the defender titan and your highest light level with Touch of Malice as floaters. They will stay in the center the entire fight. Pick your runner and the other 3 people will be assigned a number 1-3 It is usually best to assign your lowest light level to 2 as they will always have help if they need it. 1 always goes where oryx is, 2 always goes to the platform counter-clockwise from oryx, 3 always goes to the platform diagonally from oryx.

Start the fight and kill the first adds. Send everyone to their assigned location. As soon as Oryx slams the titan will pop his bubble in the center between the two daughters platforms. Everyone goes up onto their platforms in order and the two people in the center focus and kill all the ogres with Touch of Malice using the Blessing of Light to maintain their over shield. Ogres should die very fast with 2 ToMs with 1 ammo shoot them. Everyone on the platform then kills the knight that their ogre spawns (Front left kill front right, back right kills back left, ect.).

As soon as the relic is grabbed everyone meets under the titan bubble. If their knight is not dead it will walk through the middle and they will be able to kill it there from the safety of the relic. The relic holder should jump through the titan bubble on his way so that he can safely get the aura without risk of dying. The last knight (from the one with no platform) should walk through the middle and the 2 from the center should kill it. Everyone else should focus the Vassal. If there are any other knights that didn't get killed now is the time to kill them. They are easily dispatched in 3-4 shots from a ToM. By the time the last knight and Vassal die Oryx will be slamming. Everyone should then focus on Oryx to stagger him. After staggering him everyone stays in the middle and kills all of the adds that are up. Once all the adds are dead, everyone goes to the bomb of the platform they were on. One of the floating people in the middle goes to the last bomb. Give a countdown and everyone goes in at the same time. Go back to the middle and keep shooting oryx.

After detonations do your favored running pattern. I use everyone going around the platforms they were assigned to that detonation, and the runner/last floater around the daughters platform.

On the next slam 1-3 readjust themselves on Oryx's new position and you repeat the killing until Oryx is dead.

Some further tips are if you have a 2nd titan use a bubble when fighting the shade with Blessing of Light so people can use a 1 ammo Touch of Malice with the over shield.

Every group that I have used this strategy with much preferred it over the no knight strategy and found it much easier. It is much safer since there is nothing up to shoot at anyone.

Houn wrote: »

What's going on?

It's relatively minor/trivial but I'm irritated about it.

Bottom line, I met the criteria for the Veteran's Tour quest, but they have me flagged as not meeting the criteria. They acknlowdged this a week after Taken King came out and have said nothing since then. It may not be much content but it kind of irks me. Which leads me to being irked by their whole (lack of) support system.

I have been avoiding playing because I wanted the content first. And now it's like, what, 6-7 weeks later? And nothing.

• HounHoun Registered User regular

What's going on?

Bottom line, I met the criteria for the Veteran's Tour quest, but they have me flagged as not meeting the criteria. They acknlowdged this a week after Taken King came out and have said nothing since then. It may not be much content but it kind of irks me. Which leads me to being irked by their whole (lack of) support system.

I have been avoiding playing because I wanted the content first. And now it's like, what, 6-7 weeks later? And nothing.

Can you link me to your post in the help forum?

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Sorry to the raid group I was reserve on. Another instance of helping the wife (and another instance where that help is not an emergency dose of Citamin D).

After picking up my Imprecation earlier I did the daily Rumble and was *this* close to the 7 headshot thing. God damn that gun sucks. So did the people in that rumble match but not *quite* enough.

I am trying very hard to remind myself that if I get a skull mask I'm not going to wear it because no stats. Because while I hate gambling, I dropped probably $500 on Puzzle and Dragons to RNG for cards and having that silver store where I can buy chances at getting that mask... It's a good thing Xur and Rahool don't take Silver is all I'm saying.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Sorry to the raid group I was reserve on. Another instance of helping the wife (and another instance where that help is not an emergency dose of Citamin D).

After picking up my Imprecation earlier I did the daily Rumble and was *this* close to the 7 headshot thing. God damn that gun sucks. So did the people in that rumble match but not *quite* enough.

I am trying very hard to remind myself that if I get a skull mask I'm not going to wear it because no stats. Because while I hate gambling, I dropped probably $500 on Puzzle and Dragons to RNG for cards and having that silver store where I can buy chances at getting that mask... It's a good thing Xur and Rahool don't take Silver is all I'm saying.

I got 6 headshots 5+ times before I finally got my seventh in a match. It gets more and more infuriating each time you get that close.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Got a rocket launcher today with tripod, grenades & horseshoes, and field scout.

It's the crucible launcher, so the blast radius frankly sucks, but still. That's a pretty fantastic roll.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Did they kill tracking on launchers entirely? I get horseshoes fairly often but nada for tracking.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Did they kill tracking on launchers entirely? I get horseshoes fairly often but nada for tracking.

Taikonaut ho!

What's going on?

Can you link me to your post in the help forum?

Sure.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/164711834/0/0/1

This is the latest thread. I have others. Two mentors replied and then nothing.

To properly frame the issue: I purchased Destiny Guardian Edition or whatever it was called during launch. That included the two expansions. I did not redeem the second expansion via PSN before 9/1.

Bungie confirmed this as an "issue" in one of their posts over a month ago. Their wording implied they agreed that people in my situation fit the criteria and are due the content. Presumably, despite the purchase of the expansion, the lack of redemption in time failed to flag my account with veteran status.

Even if Bungie just tells me to fuck off, fine! But they acknowledged it, imply a fix, and then total silence. It's maddening and I don't want to play if they are going to act this way.

This discussion has been closed.