As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Let Qyzen the wookie hunter stay on Hoth. In fact, there should be a mission to bring him to justice for murdering sentient species in cold blood.

"I should have done this when I met you on Tython." *stab*

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If you're recruiting your own companions, do you still have to do whatever legwork is involved in the mission? Or do they just join up because you're their fucking boss?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    If you're recruiting your own companions, do you still have to do whatever legwork is involved in the mission? Or do they just join up because you're their fucking boss?

That's a good question, but there's only a couple of companions that actually call for any sort of work, and I haven't run with either a Consular or a Trooper to see if they auto join (also I don't know if imp side has different choices).

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It depends on the companion. M1-4X will straight up join a trooper or anyone Rank 40 in Warzone. Meanwhile, Xalek doesn't appear until the very end of the quest chain to find him, so you have to do everything no matter your class.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    It depends on the companion. M1-4X will straight up join a trooper or anyone Rank 40 in Warzone. Meanwhile, Xalek doesn't appear until the very end of the quest chain to find him, so you have to do everything no matter your class.
    Yeah, as a Jugg I just walked up to Pierce, made fun of him for having a desk job, and said 'hey let's go' and he said 'okay.' Just wasn't sure that he had to be woo'ed by any other class since he seemed to not want to be there anyway. Plus the 1000 warzone comms didn't hurt (is that even a lot? I never touched TOR PvP). I know you have to run around for Xalek regardless, but he also made me fight him at the end to 'prove my strength' which I should hope I don't have to do if you're an inquisitor because he's your goddamn apprentice and he is well aware of your status as a force god.

• Options

That's a good question, but there's only a couple of companions that actually call for any sort of work, and I haven't run with either a Consular or a Trooper to see if they auto join (also I don't know if imp side has different choices).
    The only Imp/Pub difference I've seen so far have been Pierce and M1, though they have the same recruitment criteria.

• Options
    Yeah, the only character I've got through the first 9 chapters right now is my Jedi Guardian, so I have to do everything to get everyone right now. I read up on it while trying to see if there was a set of conversations that would let me bypass some of the recruitment work for some of them.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Also, for those who are going deep into dress-up and want the sets that come in creates. I thought it went Imp class and Republic class equivalent, but I guess that's not right.
    Military crates drop Trooper and Sith Warrior
    Smuggled crates drop Bounty Hunger and Smuggler (duh)
    Alien crates drop Inquisitor and Agent
    Force crates drop Knight and Consular gear.
    Also while finding that information, I guess for certain companions you bypass whatever initiation is required for a companion if they followed you before KotFE. Some you still need to do, though, like Yuun.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Any companions that don't have a loved gift are not getting any love from me with the new influence mechanics.
    Yeah, without a good way to farm influence with them, it just doesn't seem especially worthwhile to try to boost them up.
    It just takes so many more gifts to accomplish the same thing. Getting from rank 20 to 30 via gifts takes between 80% to 126% more gifts using 'favorite' gifts instead of 'loved' gifts. Which makes it really painful that romanced companions accessed via the Companion Locator terminal have their default gift preferences.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    About Companions and the new hub in KotFE:
    Where can you find Pierce in the Alliance HQ? I've found most of the folks I've recruited around the base except him.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    About Companions and the new hub in KotFE:
    Where can you find Pierce in the Alliance HQ? I've found most of the folks I've recruited around the base except him.

Down by the weekly pvp mission terminal.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Apparently, among companions recruited through missions and not the terminal in your quarters,
    Doctor Lokin can be done with an agent just talking to him. Which seems kind of counterintuitive, given that he's trying to figure out a cure to save his own life. Maybe he trusts you'll give him the materials he needs once he gets there?

As for Satele and all that,
    Odessen is a world strong in the Force, according to Lana--but unlike most other such known worlds, it's balanced between light and dark. So Satele is there, sure--but then Darth Marr's spirit shows up to balance things.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Where are the Halloween items for this game? Do they even celebrate Holidays like other MMOs?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    Where are the Halloween items for this game? Do they even celebrate Holidays like other MMOs?

Life Day/Christmas yes. Other then that honestly I've never noticed.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Corehealer wrote: »

Last year they had specials on some items like the Ghost Magus armor set.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »

Last year they had specials on some items like the Ghost Magus armor set.

They also have Darth Vader's chamber, but done up in pumpkin colors.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the cost is for a coin boost for a character?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    At the moment 2000 CC 40% saving

Just under $20 worth.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Apparently, among companions recruited through missions and not the terminal in your quarters,
    Doctor Lokin can be done with an agent just talking to him. Which seems kind of counterintuitive, given that he's trying to figure out a cure to save his own life. Maybe he trusts you'll give him the materials he needs once he gets there?

Odessen is a world strong in the Force, according to Lana--but unlike most other such known worlds, it's balanced between light and dark. So Satele is there, sure--but then Darth Marr's spirit shows up to balance things.

I don't think...
    ...Marr is with Satele to "balance" her. I think he ended up light side. In the last vignette that shows the two of them together, he expresses sadness that so many people are going to die while fighting Arcann and/or Valkorian.

What sort of dark side Sith lord is regretful that people are going to die? And at some point, he makes some comment to the effect of wishing he knew in life what he knows now that he's dead. Regrets, it seems, he has a few.

Granted, that's pretty circumstantial evidence, but all the Satele/Marr vignettes feel very much like they're in agreement, not opposition.

Also, I'm curious. What evidence is there that Satele is on Odessen?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Well, I've unlocked all 6 star fortresses and I've done 2 of the heroics solo and 1 with another person.

Solo as tank jugg = awful, no risk of death but takes forever
    Solo as DPS jugg = not nearly as awful, tiny risk of death from the final boss event if you don't pay attention
    Duo as tank jugg = super fun and quick

So yeah, we need to get some folks together on Jedi Covenant imp side and tear some of this stuff up.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    htm wrote: »

I don't think...
    ...Marr is with Satele to "balance" her. I think he ended up light side. In the last vignette that shows the two of them together, he expresses sadness that so many people are going to die while fighting Arcann and/or Valkorian.

What sort of dark side Sith lord is regretful that people are going to die? And at some point, he makes some comment to the effect of wishing he knew in life what he knows now that he's dead. Regrets, it seems, he has a few.

Granted, that's pretty circumstantial evidence, but all the Satele/Marr vignettes feel very much like they're in agreement, not opposition.

Also, I'm curious. What evidence is there that Satele is on Odessen?

Because at the conclusion of chapter IX,
    Satele and Marr are gazing out at the Alliance base after the fighters take off.

As for them being in balance, that doesn't mean they're necessarily in opposition to each other. They've worked together before. And consider that Satele is all "They could win!" and Marr goes "Yeah but a bunch are gonna die." They're literally saying "Good news/bad news."

And as for what kind of Sith Lord would express regret at people dying, one who's already dead and found that it's not all it's cracked up to be? "Life is the enemy. Death is our solace," is what Marr was known for saying...before he died. So his opinion has already changed.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So, in anticipation of the new film, I'm gonna pop back into the game and start from square one. Anything I should know nowadays? Is there a presence on any particular server? Not sure how out of date the OP is. Do I need to subscribe to get the more streamlined levelling process and what not?

Esh on
  • Options
    The new plot-expansion streamlined the leveling process pretty much down to only requiring the class and planetary-story missions on each planet to level though the other missions are still there for fun or completion's sake. Flashpoints that are story-important can now be soloed as well.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    The new plot-expansion streamlined the leveling process pretty much down to only requiring the class and planetary-story missions on each planet to level though the other missions are still there for fun or completion's sake. Flashpoints that are story-important can now be soloed as well.

Looks like I have a level 21 Jedi hanging out on the Republic Fleet. Not sure whether to just continue with her or start over...

• Options
    One change by the way if you're a bit of a clothes-horse is that (except for the 'Beginner's Gear' vendor on the Fleets) they stripped away the Lv1-60 equipment vendors as well as apparently all the modable equipment drops from the FPs. I think the Lv1-60 modable gear you could learn from Crew Skill trainers also got ditched. Not sure about schematics found as drops or Mission Crew Skill rewards though.

• Options
    Also, all Heroics have been changed to being 2+ Heroics, and can be solo'd if you're ahead of the level curve. Each one gives you 2 pieces of level appropriate Blue gear. This is for your current level, not the planet's level, so even if you outlevel planet's content, you can get gear right for your level.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So if anyone's been soloing the heroic star fortresses like I have: I highly, highly suggest grabbing another person for the Nar Shaddaa one. All the various exarchs each have a special ability, and the one for Nar Shaddaa has a heal. You can interrupt it, but he'll cast it again before your interrupt cooldown is done.

Ended up using heroic moment 3 times (partially for damage, and partially to keep him off my companion), and still had to make liberal use of dragging him through the sun reactor's rays in order to take him down.

Edit: Just realized that part of why I had such a rough go if it was that the sorcerer interrupt has a longer cooldown than most. So advice still stands if you've got an 18 second interrupt cooldown like me, probably easier if you've got a shorter one.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Shadowlands Imperials

Shakur- Sorcerer 55 (about to do SoR and KotFE)
    Solilquy (Still mad I had to change his name and accidentally misspelled the substitute)- 40ish
    Liopea- Max Sith Assassin almost through KotFE
    Occasionally Tho'Plunkett- Sniper extraordinaire, I move him between here and Bastion because I was too lazy to make a new character

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I've wanted to try Imperial, but I have a reallllly hard time playing the bad guy/asshole in RPGs when the option is given. How far in that direction do you have to go? Are there grey areas?

Esh on
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    You can be good or evil on both factions. It's pretty well designed that way.

You're going to see more outwardly evil things on imperial and more corruption on republic side from my own observations.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Imperial characters are probably more responsible for holding back the sith than any Republic characters are.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Augh, I just can't go Imperial. Something about the aesthetic bugs me. Anyone playing Republic? I didn't notice it asking me for a server, can you just hop between them without issue?

Esh on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Augh, I just can't go Imperial. Something about the aesthetic bugs me. Anyone playing Republic? I didn't notice it asking me for a server, can you just hop between them without issue?

I'm afraid servers are certainly barriers in this game, and character server transfers have a monetary cost. I think that character transfers are still deeply discounted at the moment, but that's a limited time thing.

I believe most PA'ers play on Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant, though I do not believe there is an active PA guild on either, republic or otherwise.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    see I tried printscreen and it just... doesn't do anything. There's some years-old screens in the directory so I know it worked at some point, but as of now nothing happens

@Eat it You Nasty Pig.

Do you have Steam? If so, you can add TOR to your library and use Steam's native screenshot function. Way more reliable than printscreen, at least for me. Plus, easy uploading! Which is good if you're like me, and like to show your friends the results of playing pretty princess dress-up.

• Options
    Dizzen wrote: »

I'm afraid servers are certainly barriers in this game, and character server transfers have a monetary cost. I think that character transfers are still deeply discounted at the moment, but that's a limited time thing.

I believe most PA'ers play on Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant, though I do not believe there is an active PA guild on either, republic or otherwise.

Looks like I'm on Jedi Covenant if anyone is playing Republic and bouncing around. I started a new Jedi Knight and I'm working my way through Flesh Raiders currently.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Looks like I'm on Jedi Covenant if anyone is playing Republic and bouncing around. I started a new Jedi Knight and I'm working my way through Flesh Raiders currently.

Several of us are on JC. Me, Strikor,Corehealer, and Dr. Keenbean unless he switched. Oh, Mold Confusion as well.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Several of us are on JC. Me, Strikor,Corehealer, and Dr. Keenbean unless he switched. Oh, Mold Confusion as well.

Gonna need ALL your lightsabers please. I'm Leel'ja on there.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So if anyone's been soloing the heroic star fortresses like I have: I highly, highly suggest grabbing another person for the Nar Shaddaa one. All the various exarchs each have a special ability, and the one for Nar Shaddaa has a heal. You can interrupt it, but he'll cast it again before your interrupt cooldown is done.

Ended up using heroic moment 3 times (partially for damage, and partially to keep him off my companion), and still had to make liberal use of dragging him through the sun reactor's rays in order to take him down.

Edit: Just realized that part of why I had such a rough go if it was that the sorcerer interrupt has a longer cooldown than most. So advice still stands if you've got an 18 second interrupt cooldown like me, probably easier if you've got a shorter one.

I heard it was the Voss Exarch that had the heal at 10%.

If they both do, maybe I won't need a group to just DPS the fucker down when I finally get there after all, because I just finished the NS one. And I did notice him gaining some hit points near the end, too... Or maybe the Voss one is just a different kind of heal...hmm. Well anyway I was able to take him down, so maybe I'll try the Voss star fortress without grouping.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    see I tried printscreen and it just... doesn't do anything. There's some years-old screens in the directory so I know it worked at some point, but as of now nothing happens

@Eat it You Nasty Pig.

Do you have Steam? If so, you can add TOR to your library and use Steam's native screenshot function. Way more reliable than printscreen, at least for me. Plus, easy uploading! Which is good if you're like me, and like to show your friends the results of playing pretty princess dress-up.

yeah I was thinking I could probably hack in the steam overlay; did you have to do anything screwy to get it to recognize the game? I've had trouble getting it to 'see' games that have launchers sometimes before.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    anyway they made sorc healing feel pretty good at 65; it feels a lot more fluid than before and roaming mend is pretty neat. Ability bloat really does kinda suck though, I hope they're working on reducing that somewhat.

I can't decide if I wanna level trooper or BH; it doesn't seem like trooper would be that good a fit in kotfe (unless the story changes a lot based on your class), but I also kinda wanna see it from the republic side.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.