As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armadeaddon

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I assume we'll be seeing a lot more people post today, so good luck, and post pictures (Especially of the 2 "secret" ones!)

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Tracking says mine have been delivered, yay! But I'm at work, boo. I'll post what I get later tonight.

• Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Looks like Mr. Burned Fork and I gonna have us a little unboxing vid tonight. ^_^

r10rhg.jpg

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    dmosinee wrote: »
    For those concerned about these selling out before they get a chance / the money to order, I wouldn't worry based on the store inventory numbers. Looks like about only 300 total boxes (combined cases of twelve and individuals) sold over the weekend, with over six thousand still available. There will certainly be spikes around Pax Aus and Black Friday, but I strongly suspect these will last till the new year.

Oh, thank god. :)

• Options
    jane0o7jane0o7 Registered User new member
    od4swz1ljmuj.jpg

Got a rare one out of two boxes! Can't wait to see pics of the two mystery pins!

pins.jpg 132.5K
  • Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    First person to get a secret one, please take a picture straight front as possible and up close :)

It would be much appreciated!

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My Armadeaddon haul (1 case)
    2 Splatter Gabe
    6 Splatter Tycho
    2 Bloodrage Fucker
    3 Splatter Annarchy
    4 Splatter Charles
    1 Splatter Frank
    2 Splatter Galahad
    1 Sad Zombie Tycho
    2 Zombie Juice
    1 Cinnabon Gabe

z5d4255a3a1m.jpeg

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    CINNABON CONFIRMED!!!

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    But... you're in Melbourne... how did the order arrive so fast...

• Options
    PENNY ARCADE PORTAL TO AUSTRALIA CONFIRMED!!!

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I had them shipped to @adambarg to save time/money.

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    We needed results stat!

• Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    My pulls:

common:
    2 splatter gabe
    5 splatter tycho
    1 blood rage ff
    3 splatter annarchy

less common:
    2 splatter galahad
    4 splatter charles
    2 splatter frank

rare:
    2 sad zombie tycho
    1 zombie juice

"mythic" rare:
    1 cinnamon roll gabe

"so rare they couldn't print it on the box" rare:
    1 skeleton jim

Overall that was a sweet case, 10/10 would crack an identical one again

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    My sister's came today (ordered three hours after mine - my two orders (because I'm a weirdo and panic ordered a case of armadeaddon but forgot the halloween set) are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

three boxes.

2 FF
    1 Annarchy
    1 Skeleton Jim
    1 Charles
    1 Zombie Juice

• Options
    Joedel263 wrote: »
    My sister's came today (ordered three hours after mine - my two orders (because I'm a weirdo and panic ordered a case of armadeaddon but forgot the halloween set) are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

three boxes.

2 FF
    1 Annarchy
    1 Skeleton Jim
    1 Charles
    1 Zombie Juice

2 of the rare ones is a great get for 3 boxes, good work.

• Options
    Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    2 of the rare ones is a great get for 3 boxes, good work.

The good work will be convincing her to give them to me.. lol

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Out of two cases, I got 2 Cinnamon Roll Gabes and no black squares.

7 Splatter Gabe
    6 Splatter Tycho
    6 Blood Rage FF
    5 Splatter Annarchy

5 Splatter Charles
    5 Splatter Frank
    3 Splatter Galahad

4 Sad Zombie Tycho
    2 Zombie Juice

3 Skeleton Jim
    2 Cinnamon Roll Gabe

This is the order they were opened. The Cinnamon Roll Gabe was the first pin I opened in both cases (back, left box).
    1. Cinnamon Roll Gabe, Sad Zombie Tycho
    2. Splatter Gabe, Splatter Tycho
    3. Splatter Frank, Zombie Juice
    4. Splatter Frank, Splatter Gabe
    5. Skeleton Jim, Sad Zombie Tycho
    6. Splatter Annarchy, Splatter Gabe
    7. Splatter Annarchy, Skeleton Jim
    8. Blood Rage FF, Splatter Frank
    9. Splatter Charles, Splatter Galahad
    10. Splatter Tycho, Splatter Charles
    11. Splatter Tycho, Splatter Galahad
    12. Splatter Charles, Splatter Annarchy

1. Cinnamon Roll Gabe, Blood Rage FF
    2. Splatter Tycho, Splatter Frank
    3. Sad Zombie Tycho, Zombie Juice
    4. Splatter Annarchy, Splatter Gabe
    5. Sad Zombie Tycho, Splatter Gabe
    6. Blood Rage FF, Splatter Tycho
    7. Skeleton Jim, Splatter Charles
    8. Blood Rage FF, Splatter Gabe
    9. Splatter Gabe, Splatter Frank
    10. Splatter Annarchy, Blood Rage FF
    11. Splatter Tycho, Splatter Galahad
    12. Splatter Charles, Blood Rage FF

(Numbers 1,3,5, and 7 are in the back left corner)

thx42 on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    and my odds of getting cinnamon roll gabe drop with everyone one opened :(

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's okay, your boxes will be entirely Mystery Square, as everyone else is getting all the common pins.

• Options
    Unboxageddon, featuring Burned Fork, Tonic, and myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rucxNkUkQug

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »
    Unboxageddon, featuring Burned Fork, Tonic, and myself!
    Jump to 18:55 for the mystery square money shot!

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    And here's the thing we learned (spoilered for those who still want to watch the vid and discover the magic for themselves and then see afterwards):

So there's a definite pattern to how they're packaged. Facing the box, and looking at it head on, the pins on the right side column are the commons/uncommon drops, the 1/8s and 1/10s. Meanwhile the column on the left, the front three or four are uncommon/rare, with the rare/super rare in those back 3-4 boxes of the column. Ken figured this out first, that the reason this is is likely due to the outsourcing of packaging, or the automation. The Jim Skeleton is definitely 1/25, and the Photograph likely 1/75, and it makes sense: if you look at the way they're lined up in terms of rarity there's 1/20 Juice, then the Jim (now known to be 1/25), the Cinnabon Gabe at 1/50, and the Photograph at 1/75. So it's all in order. There's a methodology, and the Corner Pocket - that back left 3-4 boxes - is definitely the sweet spot in cases. It's like magic cards, where you know the last one's gonna be a foil/rare.

Future openers of cases: try our methodology. Open them front to back, and right column to left column, and post if you get the same relative pull as ours.

It was a fantastic time had at the Lunchbox Laboratory. This experience is exactly what I wanted out of Arma: an event. Where you can get together with pinnies, and feel like you're doing a draft. 10/10, might actually buy another case and do again. ^_^

Juicesir on
  • Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    @zerzhul was right about the mystery square!

• Options
    Count3DCount3D Count Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    And here's the thing we learned (spoilered for those who still want to watch the vid and discover the magic for themselves and then see afterwards):
    So there's a definite pattern to how they're packaged. Facing the box, and looking at it head on, the pins on the right side column are the commons/uncommon drops, the 1/8s and 1/10s. Meanwhile the column on the left, the front three or four are uncommon/rare, with the rare/super rare in those back 3-4 boxes of the column. Ken figured this out first, that the reason this is is likely due to the outsourcing of packaging, or the automation. The Jim Skeleton is definitely 1/25, and the Photograph likely 1/75, and it makes sense: if you look at the way they're lined up in terms of rarity there's 1/20 Juice, then the Jim (now known to be 1/25), the Cinnabon Gabe at 1/50, and the Photograph at 1/75. So it's all in order. There's a methodology, and the Corner Pocket - that back left 3-4 boxes - is definitely the sweet spot in cases. It's like magic cards, where you know the last one's gonna be a foil/rare.

Future openers of cases: try our methodology. Open them front to back, and right column to left column, and post if you get the same relative pull as ours.

Good observation, I'm definitely going to try and open it this way! Wish my package would ship soon. Also, never been to Lunchbox Laboratory but it's been on my list a while, hear it's great.

Cool to see every case so far has had one of almost everything. Out of 6 cases each got 2-4 Splatter Gabe, Splatter Tycho, Blood Rage FF, Splatter Annarchy, Splatter Charles, Splatter Galahad and Splatter Frank and at least 1-2 Sad Zombie Tycho and Zombie Juice. And I think only one each did not get a Skeleton Jim or a Cinnamon Roll Gabe.

• Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Do the 2 mystery pins have a print run on the back like the dsb's?

Madkine on
  • Options
    No they do not, just their number in the Arma series.

• Options

It was a fantastic time had at the Lunchbox Laboratory. This experience is exactly what I wanted out of Arma: an event. Where you can get together with pinnies, and feel like you're doing a draft. 10/10, might actually buy another case and do again. ^_^

If this is the case, I'm going to be very upset with their distributor. that's not a cool way to put out sets. I think its awesome that 2 boxes got what you got...but to set it up the same way. itsl ike opening a magic pack and knowing that card X is always the rare/SR/Chase

• Options
    That being said, makes me tempted to get another case of them.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Repeating what I said in Slack, but the case purchase is vastly superior now.

As a side note, opinion time:
    The polaroid pin doesn't do it for me :/

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    verybluetardisverybluetardis Pins and coffee. Let's be friends. Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Now I feel like I need 2 more cases because goodness knows if I'll ever get a sooper secret pin... The completionist in me is going insane. Maybe that's what they intended...

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

How do we know Jim is definitely 1/25? We don't have nearly enough samples to peg it at that do we? If Square is 1/75, then it makes sense for Jim to be 1/15. If Jim were 1/25 and Square wasn't 1/25, one of the other numbers has to be wrong.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Here is my pull from my single box:

1 Blood Rage FF
    1 Splatter Galahad

YPXeYqrl.jpg

No fancy cool lucky rares, but I should be able to trade for an Annarchy.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I got the square secret one! I love it, and it's my first really rare pin for my collection!

25GdS78.jpg

• Options
    As I've noted everywhere else already, @darkinfero, @rentfn and myself will be unboxing 3 cases tonight! Hopefully we do well.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Google docs will start going up today if I have time.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    J3ff0J3ff0 Registered User new member
    edited October 2015
    yue0fql5ximx.jpg

Didn't see someone post a pic here yet, so here's the polaroid that I pulled out of a single box alongside Annarchy.

Edit: Oops... in the time between writing this and hitting "Submit", someone posted a way better photo :P

J3ff0 on
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Count3D wrote: »
    Good observation, I'm definitely going to try and open it this way! Wish my package would ship soon. Also, never been to Lunchbox Laboratory but it's been on my list a while, hear it's great.

Lunchbox Laboratory is my favorite restaurant in Seattle, if you haven't gone, go there!

Nope on
  • Options
    KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Since it seems the pattern has been established, my rare also came out of the back left box. I had mentioned that the whole situation reminded me of my youthful days collecting baseball cards. The shop owners I knew would crack open a new case and immediately scramble the packs of cards to avoid people picking out the rares based on similar distribution knowledge.

3 Splatter Gabe
    4 Splatter Tycho
    1 Blood Rage FF
    3 Splatter Annarchy

3 Splatter Charles
    2 Splatter Frank
    3 Splatter Galahad

2 Sad Zombie Tycho
    1 Zombie Juice

1 Skeleton Jim
    1 Portrait

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • Options
    gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Here's my haul from a case. Went 11/12 only missing a Polaroid.

image.jpg

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    J3ff0 wrote: »
    yue0fql5ximx.jpg

Didn't see someone post a pic here yet, so here's the polaroid that I pulled out of a single box alongside Annarchy.

Edit: Oops... in the time between writing this and hitting "Submit", someone posted a way better photo :P

Nominated for Best Box of the Year 2015.

Hingo on
    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)