As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Bug I found: two of the "weekly" heroic missions are in fact daily, at least for me, and give full credit including the lockboxes: Savages Skies and For the Record (both on Makeb).

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Augh, I just can't go Imperial. Something about the aesthetic bugs me. Anyone playing Republic? I didn't notice it asking me for a server, can you just hop between them without issue?

I'm afraid servers are certainly barriers in this game, and character server transfers have a monetary cost. I think that character transfers are still deeply discounted at the moment, but that's a limited time thing.

I believe most PA'ers play on Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant, though I do not believe there is an active PA guild on either, republic or otherwise.

Looks like I'm on Jedi Covenant if anyone is playing Republic and bouncing around. I started a new Jedi Knight and I'm working my way through Flesh Raiders currently.

Several of us are on JC. Me, Strikor,Corehealer, and Dr. Keenbean unless he switched. Oh, Mold Confusion as well.

Gonna need ALL your lightsabers please. I'm Leel'ja on there.

I've also been playing JC repub, glad to see I'm not the only one. I did start fresh: Azonius

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Finished installing this back on my PC. Is it a good time to re-subscribe?

Fantastic
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Unlucky wrote: »
    Finished installing this back on my PC. Is it a good time to re-subscribe?

There's never been a better time! Subscription gets you all the normal perks plus every expansion, including the latest one, as part of the sub.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Just got my lightsaber. I'll be on most of tomorrow fussing around if anyone wants to run instances or what not.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Another bug, this one more terrifying (shading to annoying). During the Star Fortress heroic mode, when you find the various upgrades throughout the fortress, occasionally the special action bar with them on it will disappear. Do not panic; if you pop a Heroic Moment (or otherwise get an ability that goes on the bar, such as the photovoltaic droid cells during the runup to the finall boss) the bar will return. However, if the bar vanishes after you've gotten solar shields for the final section, you may lose all of the shields from your inventory and enemies will stop dropping them. At least that's how it happened with me.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    see I tried printscreen and it just... doesn't do anything. There's some years-old screens in the directory so I know it worked at some point, but as of now nothing happens

@Eat it You Nasty Pig.

Do you have Steam? If so, you can add TOR to your library and use Steam's native screenshot function. Way more reliable than printscreen, at least for me. Plus, easy uploading! Which is good if you're like me, and like to show your friends the results of playing pretty princess dress-up.

yeah I was thinking I could probably hack in the steam overlay; did you have to do anything screwy to get it to recognize the game? I've had trouble getting it to 'see' games that have launchers sometimes before.

No, I just added the game from the browse list and it worked like a charm.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    see I tried printscreen and it just... doesn't do anything. There's some years-old screens in the directory so I know it worked at some point, but as of now nothing happens

@Eat it You Nasty Pig.

Do you have Steam? If so, you can add TOR to your library and use Steam's native screenshot function. Way more reliable than printscreen, at least for me. Plus, easy uploading! Which is good if you're like me, and like to show your friends the results of playing pretty princess dress-up.

yeah I was thinking I could probably hack in the steam overlay; did you have to do anything screwy to get it to recognize the game? I've had trouble getting it to 'see' games that have launchers sometimes before.

No, I just added the game from the browse list and it worked like a charm.

I've had to launch steam in admin mode to get the overlay stuff to work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    The heroic Star Fortresses are crazy with the difficulty.

Solo they are legit hard
    Duo they are faceroll easy

Suffice to say, I ended up duo'ing them with a random this past weekend. Felt good to clear the board.

Re: Companions
    My Agent wasn't able to recruit Lokin without doing the mission, which I can't do yet because the Rak event isn't up. Is there some convo choice that I could have made that would have made him come with me?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

Solo they are legit hard

Suffice to say, I ended up duo'ing them with a random this past weekend. Felt good to clear the board.

My Agent wasn't able to recruit Lokin without doing the mission, which I can't do yet because the Rak event isn't up. Is there some convo choice that I could have made that would have made him come with me?

I haven't done imp side yet, what makes you think you can only get this companion with an event? What's the requirement?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm also playing on JC. Currently playing a Sentinel that's 26 and am on Taris. I think my name is Saredrin.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I'm playing on JC as well. Currently just running through the story, but I'll probably main my gunslinger again when it's all said and done.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

Solo they are legit hard

I haven't done imp side yet, what makes you think you can only get this companion with an event? What's the requirement?

From Dulfy:
    A Kindly Old Monster (Dr.Lokin)

Prerequisite: Acquired four companions from the alert system. Major Pierce/M1-4X will count as long as you talk to them even though you may not meet their requirements.

- Rakghoul event must be active as you need access to the Rakghoul tunnels.

After that its like [Other Classic Companion], wherein you have to gain rep with them by doing turn ins before you can recruit them.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    anyway they made sorc healing feel pretty good at 65; it feels a lot more fluid than before and roaming mend is pretty neat. Ability bloat really does kinda suck though, I hope they're working on reducing that somewhat.

I can't decide if I wanna level trooper or BH; it doesn't seem like trooper would be that good a fit in kotfe (unless the story changes a lot based on your class), but I also kinda wanna see it from the republic side.

Upside of Trooper in KotFE:
    No pvp requirement to recruit 4X

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Solo they are legit hard

From Dulfy:

Prerequisite: Acquired four companions from the alert system. Major Pierce/M1-4X will count as long as you talk to them even though you may not meet their requirements.

After that its like [Other Classic Companion], wherein you have to gain rep with them by doing turn ins before you can recruit them.

Huh. Weird. At least there are 3 more of those scheduled for this year, unlike before when Rakghoul events were rare.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Solo they are legit hard

From Dulfy:

Huh. Weird. At least there are 3 more of those scheduled for this year, unlike before when Rakghoul events were rare.

Rakghoul is monthly now?

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

Solo they are legit hard

From Dulfy:

Rakghoul is monthly now?

Well they haven't announced that it is, but it does seem to come around about once a month now.

Also I misspoke, there are only 2 more of those events this year, the third one is January.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    No wonder gifts are selling for so much. If you're a crafter, a companion at max influence will yield 1.35 more output on items like augmentation kits than a companion at 0 influence.

Those of us that haven't maxed out our companions are at a massive competitive disadvantage.

Edit corrected math; didn't realize you can disassemble assemblies for useful parts.

Orca on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I was thinking of playing this. What do I need to do if I want to faceroll through the story stuff from level 1?

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno if everybody realizes it, but you can buy rank 5 (and lower) gifts with common data crystals. I had to spend a bunch down on my trooper (I was actually over the cap due to leftovers), so I spent a few hundred boosting tanno's influence to rank 15 or something

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I was thinking of playing this. What do I need to do if I want to faceroll through the story stuff from level 1?

Subscribe and play the game. Seriously, that's pretty much all. Its not really all that difficult a game, but subscribers get more XP then F2P, so if you want to faceroll, you should subscribe.

To give you an idea, the "max" level for the second planet is 18 (if you are over 18, you are reduced to that level while on the plaent). I rolled a new character after 4.0 to check out the changes, and by the end of the planet, I was level 23.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, they recently revamped the game leveling experience, so you supposedly don't have to do any side quests if you don't want to. Just class missions and the primary planetary missions will keep you on pace, level-wise.

Regardless of whether or not you choose to subscribe, you should absolutely try to get a referral first when creating the new account; that will net you a free week of subscriber-level access and a few small bonuses (including an item to unlock another row in your inventory).

Dizzen on
  • Options
    Grabbed myself a 60 day gamecard. FFXIV is boooooring as all hell right now and I need something to occupy my time. Jedis it is.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular

Solo they are legit hard

From Dulfy:

There's an alert from Sana Rae to acquire a companion during the Gree Event, too, no? It's to talk to someone named "The Foreman". I teleported to it because it just says he's on Ilum, and landed in the empty Gree event area.

• Options
    htm wrote: »

Solo they are legit hard

From Dulfy:

There's an alert from Sana Rae to acquire a companion during the Gree Event, too, no? It's to talk to someone named "The Foreman". I teleported to it because it just says he's on Ilum, and landed in the empty Gree event area.

That's not a Gree event alert. I was able to find The Foreman on Ilum with no problems.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    the easiest way to steamroll the story is to run around with a companion set to the damage role. Companions are so hilariously overpowered now that they have reduced all my guys to the role of sidekick in their own story.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I threw together a quick spreadsheet of folk playing on Shadowlands. I currently have characters from AspectVoid, Assuran, Dizzen, Hardtarget, myself, and Moridin889. Happy to add more if other folk are playing there.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm also playing on JC. Currently playing a Sentinel that's 26 and am on Taris. I think my name is Saredrin.

I think I added you and Azonius? Asked me the name and it seemed to work.

Esh on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I threw together a quick spreadsheet of folk playing on Shadowlands. I currently have characters from AspectVoid, Assuran, Dizzen, Hardtarget, myself, and Moridin889. Happy to add more if other folk are playing there.

Wolvesight and Wolve for republic side. I also have a couple alts on Imperial side (wolveshade and another I can't remember off the top of my head).

edit: that was mighty quick there, jdarksun.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

I'm on Shadowlands and wouldn't mind being added:

Characters:

Grove - Imperial
    Fireon - Imperial
    Dustov - Republic
    Jaegur - Republic

Those are the main ones I'm on. If I ever fire the others up, I'll add em.

Are you folks in the PA channel? I occasionally throw up a message but I've yet to get a reply.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    double post.

Grove on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Man, it takes forever and a day for the respawns for the monsters needed for the Stalking The Score recruitment mission.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    I dunno if everybody realizes it, but you can buy rank 5 (and lower) gifts with common data crystals. I had to spend a bunch down on my trooper (I was actually over the cap due to leftovers), so I spent a few hundred boosting tanno's influence to rank 15 or something

Yeah, and until you hit rank 30 with a companion, the rank 5 blues and pinks are a modestly efficient use of common data crystals than the rank 6 purples. Of course, they also require a lot more key-presses to buy and consume, so there is certainly a give-and-take there.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm still on Jedi Covenant, characters are:

Empire
    • Dr'keenbean
    • Dr'palpabean
    • Dr'keengar
    • Dr'keenbond

Republic
    • Dr'keenobi
    • Dr'keenjinn
    • Dr'keensev
    • Dr'keensolo

I'm very creative.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm still on Jedi Covenant, characters are:

Empire
    • Dr'keenbean
    • Dr'palpabean
    • Dr'keengar
    • Dr'keenbond

Republic
    • Dr'keenobi
    • Dr'keenjinn
    • Dr'keensev
    • Dr'keensolo

I'm very creative.

Added the Republic characters.

And I didn't realize I had a second lightsaber in my pack. Did almost the entirety of the first solo flashpoint as a Sentinel with only one.

Esh on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I may have spent like the $2.50 to transfer most of my characters to JC.

holy crap transfers are cheap.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ok, I'll tell you the names of my characters on Jedi Covenant:

Republic:

Sofia
    Cömmander (don't forget the umlat, I couldn't get the name without a special character)
    Ruthi
    Gone
    Archiban
    Cut
    Blackwall
    Yourtrainer
    Sofka
    Machoman

Imperial:
    Friendlyfire
    Foot
    Bheren
    Punchie
    Tamper

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you also get a free transfer if somebody refers you when you sub (or at least you used to, maybe they got rid of that)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I may have spent like the $2.50 to transfer most of my characters to JC.

holy crap transfers are cheap.

Yeah that surprised me. It's like 90 Cartel Coins or somesuch.

Transferred over my BH, SW, and Agent to JC.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I could never find the place do to transfers. Can you do it in-game, or from the site?

This discussion has been closed.