As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Matter] Heavy weapons, katanas and androids IN SPACE

13»

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    So, this season is apparently done and ended with a somewhat annoying cliffhanger.
    I'm not sure how 5 didn't figure out what was going on after that conversation with 6.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    So Six is a double agent?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    That appears to be the case. It's hard to say since we were left with a cliffhanger so we don't know what he's doing. I hope this gets renewed.

• Options
    That appears to be the case. It's hard to say since we were left with a cliffhanger so we don't know what he's doing. I hope this gets renewed.
    From the recording Five found, it seems like he might've always been planning to betray them. He honestly seemed to be a bit too good of a person to want to pal around with super homicidal mercenaries.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    just saw the killjoys finale

which was much more finale like in how it ended

I think I like dark matter more but their pacing is kind of weird and the ending was a let down

override367 on
  • Options
    My only complaint is that they didn't flashback and show Six doing all the stuff.

Red Android didn't really delete herself right?

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    From the recording Five found, it seems like he might've always been planning to betray them. He honestly seemed to be a bit too good of a person to want to pal around with super homicidal mercenaries.
    In hindsight being betrayed by the General may be a reason why he sided with the Galactic Authority.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/01/dark-matter-killjoys-renewed-syfy-season-2
    Dark Matter is returning for a second season, Syfy announced Monday.

The graphic novel adaptation follows six people who wake up on a spaceship without any knowledge of how they got there. “With its mysterious premise and fascinating characters, Dark Matter has built an incredibly loyal, passionate, and engaged fan base,” Syfy’s senior vice president of program strategy Chris Regina said in a statement. “We look forward to another out-of-the-world seasom from this talented creative team.”

Syfy also announced that Killjoys — a drama about three space-based bounty hunters that first aired on Canadian TV — will be coming back for a second season. Both seasons are set to premiere in 2016.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    My only complaint is that they didn't flashback and show Six doing all the stuff.

I'd think it likely that she did delete herself, since to do otherwise would mean that her programming was flawed as well.
    Of course, that doesn't mean that she couldn't be recreated or reinitialized or whatever once the crew gets back to the Raza.

• Options
    I hope Expanse delivers but we get a few months before Dark Matter and Killjoy start back up.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I'd think it likely that she did delete herself, since to do otherwise would mean that her programming was flawed as well.
    Of course, that doesn't mean that she couldn't be recreated or reinitialized or whatever once the crew gets back to the Raza.

I'm guessing she wasn't that deleted.

• Options

Yeah, I'm fairly certain the 'flaw' is something that exists in her base programming.

• Options
    edited September 2015

She's too interesting a wild card for them to get rid of, or get another version later on.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Red/Blue fisticuffs mid-season finale.

I would imagine Android can communicate with a space station for docking clearance.

Just show Red bypassing Blue slowly in the background. Red gets a mail order body. Trick some idiot into loading the neural floppy disk.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Wasn't the line used, "Delete your active programming?"

Leaving the possibility for programming to remain.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So I just discovered this series on Netflix.

I'm on episode 2. I like the overall story so far, but the gunfight in this episode just looks silly.

One guy takes cover behind a pipe with his arms and legs obviously sticking out against like five dudes who could clearly have maimed him, and all the heavily armored bad guys are going down in one or two shots from pistol fire.

Like... why are they even wearing all that armor then? It does nothing.

Anyway, it's enjoyable enough so far.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

It does do something very important.
    It conceals the the stunt actor and saves on costs by letting the same actor to play several enemy troopers who get killed, without breaking suspension of disbelief.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

It does do something very important.
    It conceals the the stunt actor and saves on costs by letting the same actor to play several enemy troopers who get killed, without breaking suspension of disbelief.

The armor on the corporate guys seemed pretty effective when Two took them on
    You see her shoot them all with her sidearm, they get slightly knocked back and then she runs in and kills them hand to hand.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Aaaand done.

Not bad.

I had hoped
    the traitor would turn out to be One though.

His character's kind of annoying and I was hoping it'd all been a ruse.

I would also suggest that Six turned the crew over to the authorities in an effort to "save" Five. He seemed pretty protective of her and didn't like the life she seemed to be getting herself into.

Coupled with the fact that he'd been duped before into killing 10,000 people on a space station and was then indirectly complicit in the deaths of another 15,000 people during the "white hole" incident. I don't think he's been a double agent from the start. I think he might've just had a crisis of conscience and decided that turning everyone in was legitimately for the best.

RT800 on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Aaaand done.

Not bad.

I had hoped

I would also suggest that Six turned the crew over to the authorities in an effort to "save" Five. He seemed pretty protective of her and didn't like the life she seemed to be getting herself into.

Coupled with the fact that he'd been duped before into killing 10,000 people on a space station and was then indirectly complicit in the deaths of another 15,000 people during the "white hole" incident. I don't think he's been a double agent from the start. I think he might've just had a crisis of conscience and decided that turning everyone in was legitimately for the best.

I'm starting to think
    this was a last minute decision, though I don't know why they chose Six for the mole. Hopefully they can make it work in season 2.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    He's a triple mole at this point?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Aaaand done.

Not bad.

I had hoped

I'm starting to think
    this was a last minute decision, though I don't know why they chose Six for the mole. Hopefully they can make it work in season 2.
    They were working hard to make him above suspicion, while at the same time cranking his level of dissatisfaction in how things were going.

Which is why I thought Six was the culprit until he got poisoned. Then I thought it was Five. Then it was Six again, of course.

Also One is a fucking tool and I hope the guy who he replaced kills him and joins the crew.