As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - Meal Plan

2»

• Options
    rocktapusrocktapus Registered User new member
    @WestIndianAgouti - Theory 3 sounds more like Malachi than Brian..

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Re: Seventeen not wanting to clean her hands.

She strikes me as the type the type that would wake up Malachi by touching him or accidentally hitting him in the face in her sleep. And now all I can picture is him realizing she never washes her hands and Malachi constantly making the face he does when she lets loose her 'poopycracks' (that term is now permanently in my vocabulary).

• Options
    mathsgeemathsgee Registered User new member
    I love how Fred's prepared and organised all the ingredients, I'm kind of chuffed he's still got some good memories of the past, All my emotional strings are being tugged with this cooking story arc.

• Options
    cylustheviruscylusthevirus Registered User new member
    Once in a while this comic hurts to read. Today would be one of those days.

So many memories.

• Options
    SebbySebby Registered User regular
    Food poisoning is too obvious. I'm betting he burns the house down.

• Options
    It's going to be funny when in the next strip the mom shows back up and reveals she was just on a business trip. :D

• Options
    SavannahLionSavannahLion Registered User regular
    Interesting that the show of choice is "The IT Factor". It ran from 2002-2003 and, IMHO, didn't have much re-run value. So unless the Dad was watching it for the "memories," that seems to date Fred's own memories.

I don't recall seeing any of the other back histories with anything that helps to date those memories. Do you? I'm thinking a Wayward Pines-like scenario.

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    This is a different "The It Factor." A fake one.

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    Would any of you guys be willing to bet (metaphorically of course) on the notion that maybe the camp has something to do with the government? It may seem that way, considering there are regular supply drops from planes, zero adult supervision etc....Maybe they're using the campers as guinea pigs in order to observe how kids survive on their own, in a kind of twisted social experiment. Maybe some section of the government was using this as a means to an end, with the end result being an expendable, and exploitable group of young people that would make the perfect survivalists / soldiers. Some of the campers may even be in on this, but wouldn't dare tell anyone. (sorry if I'm overanalyzing, Social Sciences students tend to do that sometimes...)

• Options
    I think we all overthink the comic, so you're in good company.
    For my part, I take the camp at face value. It's just the world they live in.
    Though I wouldn't be terribly shocked if Malachi's long missing father had some part in it.

• Options
    Brian's DarkplaceBrian's Darkplace Registered User new member
    As a someone whose passion is cooking......

...this rends my heart asunder.

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    @BRIGUY yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised either. Someone on youtube described this comic series as "a kids story written for adults", and I would definitely have to agree. I like all the juxtaposition between humour and darkness. Also, thank you for making me feel welcome into this wonderful group of over-analyzers, my friend. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness :)

• Options
    dwtdwt Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    @SAVANNAHLION - 'IT Factor" exists inside this comic's universe. It's the show that another of the campers briefly found success in (I don't remember which comic). I don't think it relates to the programme of the same name in real life. I could be wrong, though.

Edit - see post by @Briguy above.

dwt on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @AdamRW aka the Adam who co-writes the comic with Katie just said it was a different, fake show. I think he would know.

Dani
    http://campcomic.com/comic/dani

briguy on
  • Options
    PublikwerksPublikwerks Registered User regular
    I got a bad feeling the dad offed himself

• Options
    SunBroSolaireSunBroSolaire Registered User regular
    I wanna see Seventeen's clean hands she seems like shes having a hard time coming to terms with it. Side note that dad is totally dead.

• Options
    kosherspiffykosherspiffy Registered User new member
    I think I need Seventeen's face in panel two as a button or a background.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I think I need Seventeen's face in panel two as a button or a background.

Next PAX pin please!
    Or Kickstarter pin for Vol 2!

briguy on
  • Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    I found the cat!

...But I don't know how to spoiler tag on this site.

• Options
    [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ]
    Without the spaces.

• Options
    SparkmaneSparkmane Registered User regular
    Someday they're going to hide the cat in the flashback and no one will ever find it

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Seventeen in that second panel makes up for all of the heartbreak I sense is coming at the conclusion of this arc. I love this comic so much.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Oh buck up, Seventeen. If only you knew the fridge horror of not washing your hands after using the toilet and food poisoning........

• Options
    Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    Tanner's pose in the first panel just makes me so very happy.