As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @Raynaga I need to do the last step on the Solar sword and would be up for running it whenever you like.
    My GT is Wraith134

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Taikonaut
    Graviton Forfeit
    Alchemist Rainment
    Zhalo Supercell
    Special weapon legacy

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT, XUR!

Fawst on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Anyone on the Xbone side need the final step for their 310 solar sword? I'm putting a game up on the 100 for Sunday to try and get a group going for it, but if there are at least two other folks who need it and want to do it before then, let me know here or on Live. Gamertag same as the forum tag.

still need a 3rd for this? noticed its not up on the100 any more.

I dropped about 80 Strange Coins buying 3oC last week, trying to get a Zhalo. I got 7 Crests of Alpha Lupi, two Telestos and a Hawkmoon. All I had to do was wait til today. Now I only have coins for two items, but I want three llol

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It's funny, because while I would really like a Graviton Forfeit for my hunter, the steep cost of infusing exotics has really killed my interest in any of Xur's 280s. It feels like buying from him unlocks my collectors spot rather than giving me a usable item, because I don't have 3-4 more shards and 310 items laying around to infuse it up. I'm still stuck using coins to grind for engrams that might decrypt at a usable level.

rndmhero on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I am unreasonably excited about Trials tomorrow. Gonna get up early and try to form up. Arteen Sirialis and anyone else

I'm up for it. No idea what subclass to bring though!

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Jeezy peezy, it's Xur again already?

Crazy.

Cool he's got Zhalo. I finally got one yesterday, but I don't feel bad. I haven't actually used it yet because I also got several 310 replacements of exotics I already had. I'm down to Touch of Malice, Bad Juju (which, along with Red Death apparently won't show up via engrams? I ended up spending marks on Red Death yesterday) and the arc/solar swords as the only exotic weapons from y2 in the kiosk I'm missing.

EDIT: oooh, special legacy engram. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase give me the Y1 4th Horseman so I can stop going nuts having that missing from my kiosk! EDIT EDIT: hey, queensbreaker bow is also a special. Can that show up in the engram now? It'd be rad to get the only other not-necrochasm-because-crota-hates-me Y1 exotic I was missing along with 4th horseman.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Alchemist Rainment

YEEEEEEES.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    "Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors."

I <3 you, Bungie.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Alchemist Rainment

YEEEEEEES.

I burned all my coins last time on exotic chest engrams trying to get Rainment. And now he directly sells it... AND Supercell? Sonnuva!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Taikonaut
    Graviton Forfeit
    Alchemist Rainment
    Zhalo Supercell
    Special weapon legacy

more like, operation counter halo 5. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    That is quite the inventory, Xur.

Trials today. Get hyped. And prepare to be matched with babies at zero wins and tryhards as you get closer to 9-0!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Yeah Xur is legit today! Zhalo, Taiko, Graviton, and i guess Alchemist? I dunno about that one.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Had this happen in a Strike yesterday. Skip to the 20-second mark.

Felt like sweet karma after all the times phalanx have sent me flying across the map

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/99c608f0-fc24-4441-a333-fa1b044c859e?gamerTag=HN Awesome O&amp;scid=37770100-f9ae-4b80-9dad-7c1d0ec14469

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    *Will work for 300+ Primaries*

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Shit, I only have 17 coins right now. I must have Zhalo.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Weeks like this are why I always try to have 50+ coins at all times. Don't wanna be caught unawares!

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I like graviton forfeit a lot in situations you know you're going to want the jukes. But I find Sealed Ahamkaras almost invaluable when I do the heroic playlist or the nightfall because double pocket sand is just that good

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Oh shit Xur. I want everything there save Graviton (which I have a 310 for already). Thankfully, my Titan got 20 fresh coins just from yesterday's packages.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I don't use my Zhalo half as much as I used to now that I have NttE. It's nice on ArcBurn Nightfalls.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Finally Graviton Forfeit after nearly every helm engram has given me Skyburners Annex. Too bad it's 280 and the shard cost to get it up to 310 is pretty ridiculous. As much as I want it I may have to pass on it because getting it to 310 to match my current helm isn't really feasible.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Bought zhallo and taikonaut. Officially out of strange coins for the first time in months.

It doesn't feel good, but zhallo!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Zhalo is a great gun. I love it. I used my Suros in the raid last night and had to turn down the fast fire perk because it was just kicking all over the place and I was wasting a ton of ammo in every fight. That doesn't really happen to me at all with Zhalo.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, 280 exotics just dont feel worth it. I'll pick them up just in case, but I dont forsee actually using them unless I get desperate for one and dump materials into it.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I am unreasonably excited about Trials tomorrow. Gonna get up early and try to form up. @Arteen @Sirialis and anyone else

I'd like to try out the new ToO, a little unsure what class and specific loadout I'll bring though.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Man, this Polygon article really hit home for me in a few places.
    I can't see myself getting too deep into Halo 5's multiplayer, because if I'm gonna play an online shooter, it's gonna be the one where I get candy.
    The thing is, I'm not necessarily thrilled with the way my brain has rewired itself to prize incrementally increasing my Light level over new gaming experiences. I was able to break the cycle for something drastically different like Assassin's Creed Syndicate, so I'm not a lost cause. But for something as similar to Destiny as Halo 5, the complicated dopamine equations my brain uses to decide what I'm addicted to at any moment just don't add up.

I have played very few other games since Destiny released a year ago. I don't really regret it, because this game is unbelievably fun and man, what an amazing community. But sometimes I do wonder if I'm missing out on other great gaming experiences. Halo had a very solid grip on me for almost 10 years, and I'm surprised to find myself a little "meh" about H5.

I will say that my drive to "do it all" has somewhat faded. This time around, I don't really feel the need to max out all three characters and their weapons (in fact I am only just now bringing my Titan to 40), and I don't see myself running three HM King's Fall runs every week the way I did with VoG and CE. Part of that is just a function of time, as my schedule doesn't give me as much time to play as it used to, and KF still seems to take a couple hours. But I also feel like I can be a useful, contributing Guardian in the high 290s/low 300s, without feeling the need to grind to max level.

Mind you, I'm still running multiple Nightfalls, and Heroic Strikes, and at least one Raid a week, and going out of my way to do Exotic* quests and help out other Guardians, so I probably still fall comfortably into the "heavy user" category. :razz:

*lovely gold Exotics, yes, my preciouses!

edited October 2015
    Funny (not actually funny) that all anyone ever complains about is getting Alpha Lupi after Alpha Lupi from exotic engrams and my hunter's sitting over here without having yet seen a Y2 one. In Y1, it was my Trials go-to exotic - I love it and find it endlessly useful, since I fancy myself an in-match medic of sorts, when I'm actually staying alive - and it matches my Wolf aesthetic.

GMaster7 on
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Bought zhallo, taikonaut, graviton forfeit, alchemist rainment, and 40 3oC.

Also this happened the other day...
    http://xboxclips.com/IronSquirrel/c182ac5b-edeb-4259-856b-f7571bbd9d09

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, 280 exotics just dont feel worth it. I'll pick them up just in case, but I dont forsee actually using them unless I get desperate for one and dump materials into it.

Eh... It's still useful almost everywhere at 280. Level up a few of the best weapons for use in high level challenges and the rest are for fun.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I like graviton forfeit a lot in situations you know you're going to want the jukes. But I find Sealed Ahamkaras almost invaluable when I do the heroic playlist or the nightfall because double pocket sand is just that good

I think that the helm is better for PvP, but I have to agree with you on the grasps for most everything else. There just aren't many PvE situations where I need keen scout AND the roll; conversely, the ability to have instant primary reload, faster sniper reload, and double smoke bomb adds just crazy amounts of utility.

• MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    If anyone would like to come to Vault of Glass tonight to help explain, and work on No Time to Explain, I've got a game up on the100.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Funny (not actually funny) that all anyone ever complains about is getting Alpha Lupi after Alpha Lupi from exotic engrams and my hunter's sitting over here without having yet seen a Y2 one. In Y1, it was my Trials go-to exotic - I love it and find it endlessly useful, since I fancy myself an in-match medic of sorts, when I'm actually staying alive - and it matches my Wolf aesthetic.

I pulled a 310 titan Alpha Lupi with max Int, pulse rifle reload and arc armor. I was so happy.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Man, this Polygon article really hit home for me in a few places.
    I can't see myself getting too deep into Halo 5's multiplayer, because if I'm gonna play an online shooter, it's gonna be the one where I get candy.
    The thing is, I'm not necessarily thrilled with the way my brain has rewired itself to prize incrementally increasing my Light level over new gaming experiences. I was able to break the cycle for something drastically different like Assassin's Creed Syndicate, so I'm not a lost cause. But for something as similar to Destiny as Halo 5, the complicated dopamine equations my brain uses to decide what I'm addicted to at any moment just don't add up.

I have played very few other games since Destiny released a year ago. I don't really regret it, because this game is unbelievably fun and man, what an amazing community. But sometimes I do wonder if I'm missing out on other great gaming experiences. Halo had a very solid grip on me for almost 10 years, and I'm surprised to find myself a little "meh" about H5.

I will say that my drive to "do it all" has somewhat faded. This time around, I don't really feel the need to max out all three characters and their weapons (in fact I am only just now bringing my Titan to 40), and I don't see myself running three HM King's Fall runs every week the way I did with VoG and CE. Part of that is just a function of time, as my schedule doesn't give me as much time to play as it used to, and KF still seems to take a couple hours. But I also feel like I can be a useful, contributing Guardian in the high 290s/low 300s, without feeling the need to grind to max level.

Mind you, I'm still running multiple Nightfalls, and Heroic Strikes, and at least one Raid a week, and going out of my way to do Exotic* quests and help out other Guardians, so I probably still fall comfortably into the "heavy user" category. :razz:

*lovely gold Exotics, yes, my preciouses!

I find it really off-putting that Halo 5 is subtitled "Guardians". I mean it's just odd that they couldn't choose another name?

Also aside from executions/assassinations, everything I've seen so far could arguably be said to be copied from Destiny. Ground Pound, Shoulder Charge, Angel of Light/Antigrav Thrusters and so on. Mantling is cool, but hardly unique.

Much as I find it hard to deal with the various things in Crucible like Blink, slides, throwing knives, supers, invisibility, resurrects, pocket sand, jedi pimp slaps, and so on, I'm still grateful Destiny has them. The classes offer so much variety that doesn't appear to be present in Halo 5.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    When's the next IB? I think the only thing left in this game that interests me is collecting all the IB armor.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Anyone gone to see Xur while wearing a Xur mask yet?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

How about trying to give him a chocolate strange coin?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Ugh that Alchemist's Raiment is strictly better than the 295 one I engrambled last week (pure Int roll instead of split Int/Str, "carry more ammo" instead of "find more drops") - except of course for the cost to get it from 280 to 295.
    I'm also not sure it's a ...good exotic? Better armor when in Stormcaller or reduced Arc burn doesn't necessarily seem superior to the free Landfall you get from The Impossible Machines, and I haven't really noticed "Iron to Gold" making a huge difference in grenade/melee uptime, but ...surely the Raiment must be good for something?
    tl;dr: Xuuuuuuuuur!

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Beltaine wrote: »

How about trying to give him a chocolate strange coin?

I can make time in a few minutes to try both
    for science

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Ugh that Alchemist's Raiment is strictly better than the 295 one I engrambled last week (pure Int roll instead of split Int/Str, "carry more ammo" instead of "find more drops")

It's actually just erroneous perk text that has you thinking the Xur Raiment is "strictly better". Every Raiment's text box says that the perk is "Carry more Special/Heavy ammo", but when viewed in the upgrade screen those perks turn out to be "Find more Special/Heavy ammo drops". Furthermore, it's not entirely clear that perk even functions, so it may just be broken beyond the textual mishap.