As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Peeked Behind the Cyclops' Eye! I Did! And [Halloween] Was There!

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Fuselage wrote: »
    This is the point in the night where I was being threatened by a sexy shark.
    65yuexdflrl7.jpg

This is when I sat and enjoyed caffeine to stay up long enough to drive four drunks home. We were out long enough to watch the time change.
    dh0verfyl1zk.jpg

This is where I took a selfie and sent it to my wife, only for it to be awkwardly intercepted by @DaMoonRulz wife because mine was driving! They're all cut off from selfies now!
    3m0marra8hds.jpg

This is the point in the post where I wish I knew a quick way to make these way smaller, holy cow laptop!

You're a Troll, not a Yooper!

there ain't no two's, three's and four's in a euchre hand

(if your costume isn't Escanaba in da Moonlight and is just a yooper, me quoting that movie is even funnier, btw)

I still won't play Euchre

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    65yuexdflrl7.jpg

This is when I sat and enjoyed caffeine to stay up long enough to drive four drunks home. We were out long enough to watch the time change.
    dh0verfyl1zk.jpg

This is where I took a selfie and sent it to my wife, only for it to be awkwardly intercepted by @DaMoonRulz wife because mine was driving! They're all cut off from selfies now!
    3m0marra8hds.jpg

This is the point in the post where I wish I knew a quick way to make these way smaller, holy cow laptop!

(if your costume isn't Escanaba in da Moonlight and is just a yooper, me quoting that movie is even funnier, btw)

Hoser.

To be honest, the costume was kind of a blank slate that I made for other people to fill in with their imagination. I got Fargo, Prospector, and just now Escanaba/Yooper from you fellas over dere. It all works, and once I shrink it a little bit I'll be wearing the union suit at work anyway!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    65yuexdflrl7.jpg

dh0verfyl1zk.jpg

3m0marra8hds.jpg

Hoser.

To be honest, the costume was kind of a blank slate that I made for other people to fill in with their imagination. I got Fargo, Prospector, and just now Escanaba/Yooper from you fellas over dere. It all works, and once I shrink it a little bit I'll be wearing the union suit at work anyway!

What?

Hoser is Canadian!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

65yuexdflrl7.jpg

dh0verfyl1zk.jpg

3m0marra8hds.jpg

Hoser.

What?

Hoser is Canadian!

It still fits the theme! You can't bind me with your rules!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    happy discount candy day!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »

I fear this proud tradition is falling by the wayside. Four stores, and the only one with a sale required a membership card I didn't have.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    65yuexdflrl7.jpg

dh0verfyl1zk.jpg

3m0marra8hds.jpg

Hoser.

What?

Hoser is Canadian!

It still fits the theme! You can't bind me with your rules!

I'll bind you with my rulz

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    my halloween night was super uneventful until at the first one am in the evening, fueled by miller high life, i wound up bar hopping solo in scummy north seattle.

the highlight of my evening was getting a teacher to quit their job over the phone like it was some kinda shitty eighties movie.

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    My ladyfriend got us a hotel in the city for last night and tonight for my birthday and are hitting up all of the restaurants I've been meaning to go to for ages. Last night we ate at this amazing NY Style pizza place called Empire Slice, we had the MCA which was a white pizza with garlic butter, parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, spinach and house made sausage.

We were gonna go to the zoo today but instead we are gonna chill in our hotel room all day long and watch shit on my iPad and continue our food journey.

Good birthday/Halloween

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    my halloween night was super uneventful until at the first one am in the evening, fueled by miller high life, i wound up bar hopping solo in scummy north seattle.

the highlight of my evening was getting a teacher to quit their job over the phone like it was some kinda shitty eighties movie.

Do go on!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Crisis on Infinite Kurts:
    e5xsmMs.jpg

Do go on!

sometimes i get really drunk and get to this point where i wander around giving people life advice, and somehow, become convincing. now, how somebody who'd been drinking miller high life all day because it was the cheapest six pack the 7-11 a block away had can convince anyone that they know shit about dick is anyone's guess. my theory, as a man who wants to justify his drinking problem, is i get so inebriated that i am somehow able to tap into the cosmic consciousness, and for a brief period, i can see everything with the clarity of the gods. there's a few people around here who've seen me get to this state.

other times, i get to that exact same state and purposely antagonize and egg people on to make horrible decisions, because i know they will believe me. this was one of those other times.

to preface: whenever i go off on my own into the bar world, i tend to attract people who want to tell me how horrible their lives are. and i don't mean going to a bar on my own. even if i am with other people, if i wander for more than ten minutes, i'll end up in one'a these sitches. i don't know if they instinctively can tell i'm super interested in other people's misery, or if they just assume my life has to be just as much garbage as theirs because, come on, look at me.

usually it's middle-aged dudes who buy me drinks and go on about how bitchin' their lives used to be. i think for them i kinda look like a charity case, so they throw a drink my way because of how shabby my outfit is. i rarely dress to impress and now you know the real reason. so businessmen will buy me five dollar gin and tonics.

i'm also a huge hit with put-upon single mothers, but that's a whole other story.

unhappy teachers are a rare treat, as i usually used to only run into them during spring break excursions. usually, i just let them vent all their frustrations at me, because shit talking children is my life's blood. it's almost as funny as a person falling down. in the case of last night, this guy had this intricately idiotic back-up plan that sounded less sound than being one of those dudes who hosts barbecues in order to sell expensive, shitty meat. i can't remember the exact details but i swear it was something in the vain of creating an app for cyclists to find love. i know it was an app that involved dating and bicycles, that much is for sure.

so then it was my mission to get the dude to pursue his dream of making it possible for every dillhole to pedal their way into their soulmate's heart. i did not prepare for him to call up his boss and leave a voicemail at 2 in the morning complete with me making a drunken ass of myself, cheering him on in the background like a bad decisions flava flav to his "i'm ruining my life" chuck d. but, it happened.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    365-days-till-halloween.gif

uc3ufTB.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Crisis on Infinite Kurts:
    e5xsmMs.jpg

Not sure if third from the left is Captain Ron with sunscreen on nose or a coked up Snake Plissken

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I went to a Hallowedding yesterday. There was barbecue and spooky music and costumes. Way better than a regular wedding.

I was one of only three people there who wore a tie!
    6yxzbeo5tgwg.jpg
    njfr45ftukai.jpg
    xi6q1scxik0k.jpg
    chhzlau9jrfu.jpg
    rj3ynrtmepep.jpg
    i2p3afa3uhmf.jpg
    j8i2w4y6w7cy.jpg

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So I went out as Luke Skywalker, in the outfit he wears for the duel in Cloud City, and we ran into a crew of Ghostbusters at one bar
    The jumpsuits look just similar enough that they were really confused to see me there for a second, and then they told me that had I also been a buster there would have been some real trouble

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    THIS WAS MY HALLOWEEN WATCH LIST

Poltergeist: Still a great film. I was surprised watching it now how it really screws around with the gender stereotypes. Too bad the sequal did a total 180 on that.

Nightmare Before Christmas: If it wasn't for the truly awful lyrics and the fact Sally needs to be saved, this would be the perfect movie. I think it has a lot more applicable messages these days than it did when it opened.

The Cabin in the Woods: Love so much about this film. The BF hated it tho.

Evil Dead II:
    This has not aged well. Enjoyable but there's some groan-worthy bits there now that I never really noticed before.

We Are Still Here:Weird and interesting. It's nice to see a horror movie with a focus on middle aged people instead of teenagers but the insane gore ramp up towards the end just felt goofy.

Poltergeist II:
    Complete shit. Bleah.

@Rorshach Kringle
    Do not ever change

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    The biggest news from Halloween around where I live is the story of an idiot.

I live next to, and work on, Fort Bragg, which is one of the largest military bases in the world, and in addition to being where you will find the headquarters to several major commands, is also the home of SPECIAL FORCES. It's kinda a big deal.

Military bases are restricted access areas. The only way to enter the base are through Access Control Points, which are manned by armed guards who stop everyone trying to enter and will only let them pass with proper identification and authorization. Any one not authorized is denied access, and any threat is stopped.

So where does the idiot come in?

Well a soldier was going to a Halloween party on base. He was dressed as a suicide bomber. Simulated explosive vest and everything. And he was wearing the whole get up as he entered the access control point, where he was stopped by armed guards. Who promptly LOST THEIR SHIT in a wholly appropriate and fully professional soldier manner. They assumed, as they should, that it was a real suicide bomber and reacted accordingly, EOD and all. While officials expect it was just a poor costume choice, the incident is still under investigation.

While it should have been common sense, Fort Bragg officials have since released an official statement "Costumes of this sort are not allowed on Fort Bragg."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    @Rorshach Kringle
    Do not ever change

there is no danger of this ever happening

bettering yourself is for chumps

6vjsgrerts6r.png

The crowning achievement of this Halloween/Birthday was having a wagyu beef hot dog with bleu cheese and fried onions.

Holy shit it was so good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The crowning achievement of this Halloween/Birthday was having a wagyu beef hot dog with bleu cheese and fried onions.

Holy shit it was so good

This is nonsense
    Hot dogs are garbage food and should be eaten as such

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I have found EVA foam and a store that sells stop signs

Let the year of post apocolypse costuming begin

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Holy shit it was so good

This is nonsense
    Hot dogs are garbage food and should be eaten as such
    Hot Dogs are just a form of sausage!

You can have good sausage!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    It occurs to me I never posted my finished costume in this thread:
    CSnTu8LWUAEVnkX.jpg

That costume got me two free drinks at the bar on Friday, which, coupled with a 10% abv chocolate stout being on sale for $5, made for a fabulous Friday night, and a less fabulous Saturday morning.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think once you make a hot dog out of good things you have to call it a sausage

I think that's the rules

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I have found EVA foam and a store that sells stop signs

Let the year of post apocolypse costuming begin

A common source for EVA foam is the workshop/exercise mats that you can pick up cheap. A number of cosplayers swear by it as the pattern on top works great for things like Mass Effect armor.

http://m.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html?utm_referrer=direct/not provided

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Y-yeah

Thats why I bought it....?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Y-yeah

Thats why I bought it....?

Just giving advice on cheap places to get it, and also some explanation for people who don't know what EVA foam is.

Dedwrekka on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Fuck

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    We had a Halloween party that was fun and low key, and I got to show off my costume that I spent way too much time making!

gyrwrcenvmra.jpg

8cv7uarpo9kc.jpg
    iikmaj3rp3xj.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oQZFNzmBy0&feature=youtu.be

Didn't quite have the arm waving motion down, but still fun!

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I went on a vaguely halloween outing with somebody on friday so I dressed up like a tourist

5tkjpgb2ifib.jpg

it doubles as my Tourist Ronnie Cosplay

The person I went out with gave me shit for owning two hawaiian shirts though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I went on a vaguely halloween outing with somebody on friday so I dressed up like a tourist

5tkjpgb2ifib.jpg

it doubles as my Tourist Ronnie Cosplay

The person I went out with gave me shit for owning two hawaiian shirts though

Did you explain how all shirts become Hawaiian shirts when they are draped over your body?

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »

I fear this proud tradition is falling by the wayside. Four stores, and the only one with a sale required a membership card I didn't have.

I did alright...

candy_zpsvdt9b3tt.jpg~original

who's this? someone to help me eat it?? I said help, you vile creature!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    No real sales here either. It sucks. Most stores here keep all the Halloween candy in the "seasonal aisle" until November first when they swap in Christmas stuff.

The Halloween stuff just disappears like a freaking ghost.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

It's a leap year next year, so there is an extra day.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    What's the holiday tree symbol for Leap Day?

MichaelLC on