As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Have we heard if the Flamer returns?

I kinda want to make Emil Vasterstrom from Stand Still, Stay Silent as my character and focus on explosives and all the fire you can imagine.
    There hasn't been a single Fallout without the Flamer, no worries about it making it in I would think.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

I kinda want to make Emil Vasterstrom from Stand Still, Stay Silent as my character and focus on explosives and all the fire you can imagine.

Yes. In the Gamescom/Quakecon footage they use a weapon that shoots fireballs.
    Rami wrote: »
    Do we know if you have to have the associated perks to use mods at all? Or is it just to craft them/apply them yourself?

Believe you do. Otherwise can't apply it. At least that's what the E3 modding video gives us.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Reading the perk list I still think i'm going to go with 4/8/1/4/3/6/2, but Charisma is definitely going to get bumped up to 6 early on. Gotta go all-in on that stronghold stuff.

• Options
    Props to Bethesda for actually making me think about my initial SPECIAL allocation.

Going to have to actually throw a few under the bus this time and make some choices.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Am I reading this right? I can, given enough playing, get each and every perk?

Yes. But no telling how long it will take.

If the grind becomes insufferable, as long as it takes to press '~'

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Man, I'm really digging the Charisma and Intelligence perks the most.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Same. Fuck saving the Commonwealth! I wanna run Bartertown!

• Options
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Now at all of the perks have been leaked I have been spending more time planning out my first build while I eagerly await my new PC's arrival. Right now it looks like I'll be going S2 P4 E1 C3 I9 A1 L8 and bumping strength up to 3 early for access to Armorer. I'm thinking it will be fun to run a high crit, energy and pistol (though I may drop some points into Rifleman too for longer ranges) build making use of Lone Wanderer.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    Wonder Woman is in the fucking game. Wonder. Woman. There are some story bits in there, but they are Bethesda story bits so it's pretty safe. It concerns in-game music. Literally, an in-game singer who makes music.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Ugh. Not being able to go back to old topics with the new dialog system is going to annoy the fuck out of me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Wonder Woman is in the fucking game. Wonder. Woman. There are some story bits in there, but they are Bethesda story bits so it's pretty safe. It concerns in-game music. Literally, an in-game singer who makes music.

Wow that picture of Lynda Carter.. Makes her look like she could eat a baby in a single bite.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Ugh. Not being able to go back to old topics with the new dialog system is going to annoy the fuck out of me.

Not all dialog works like that though. In one of the videos you go back to a greyed out option as it seemingly wasn't a response that advanced to the next dialog cross.

• Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Another build that might be fun is S9 P1 E7 C4 I1 A1 L5 and make use of Idiot Savant and Dogmeat to be a big dumb brute with a doggy companion that loves smashing things with other things. Will probably save that for a second character just so I have an idea of how to handle enemies and melee combat.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

Yes. In the Gamescom/Quakecon footage they use a weapon that shoots fireballs.

Awesome. Emil shall cleanse the wasteland with his purifying flames.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

I'm just glad it's not Sven the fucking Bard.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    PLA wrote: »

I'm just glad it's not Sven the fucking Bard.

The main song she sings:
    Goodneighbor, in the town Goodneighbor

is actually really good. And it would seem she has a few songs in the game.

Also, I still can't get over how epic that Super Mutant combat footage is. From the battle music (it sounds right out of a 50/60's sci-fi movie), to the ambient exploration music, to how large downtown Boston looks - ugh.

Also the inventory system doesn't pause combat or break immersion. All over it.

EDIT: Damnit too many details. Apperantly
    Trinity Towers
    is a real place in Boston? I feel like Bostonians or people who have lived there an extended period of time are going to go nuts over this game.

ED! on
  • Options
    Be on the lookout for references to clam chowder, ED.

Now that we've found the perks, thats the next big thing.

• Options
    We've got to find D.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Isn't Lynda Carter married to one of the high ups at Bethesda or Zenimax? She's been in previous Bethesda games so it's not really a huge surprise though it seems like she gets a more interesting role this time as opposed to voicing random npcs.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Be on the lookout for references to clam chowder, ED.

Now that we've found the perks, thats the next big thing.

Chaodah

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    I wonder how many characters the Critical Role crew voices in this. I know Liam o'brian and laura Bailey have been in elder scrolls/fallout before.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    I wonder how many characters the Critical Role crew voices in this. I know Liam o'brian and laura Bailey have been in elder scrolls/fallout before.
    Didn't notice any of the old anime standbys in 3 like I did with NV.

Bethesda seem to use a stable of actors I don't hear a lot outside of their games.

• Options
    So a slight Hacking change:
    Instead of telling you how many letters you have correct it now just says Likeness=X.
    I've been trying to think of what this change does and the only thing I can think of is letters with different total letters?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Isn't Lynda Carter married to one of the high ups at Bethesda or Zenimax? She's been in previous Bethesda games so it's not really a huge surprise though it seems like she gets a more interesting role this time as opposed to voicing random npcs.

According to Wikipedia, she's married to the CEO of Zenimax.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited November 2015

According to Wikipedia, she's married to the CEO of Zenimax.

That'll do it.

Here is the Preston Garvey scene from MS E3. Shows some Dogmeat commands and knife combat: https://vid.me/C1JI

I believe he started over because he didn't have Dogmeat on this section last time.

That load time though. . .

EDIT: You can BARELY make it out by the Cross Dialog is more than "Question", "Neutral", "Bad" and "Good" in this conversation with Preston Garvey.

ED! on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    I've read somewhere that load time on fast travel can be up to a minute.

Can't find is again so who knows how accurate that is. Could be some major load-times in this though

• Options
    101 wrote: »
    I've read somewhere that load time on fast travel can be up to a minute.

Can't find is again so who knows how accurate that is. Could be some major load-times in this though

This load to get into the building with Garvey was about 10 seconds. On the plus side, the interior is WAY fucking bigger than the outside. Straight up TARDIS technology.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Really like the song, and love that they're including some original music. Nice touch to make the Wasteland feel more alive and growing.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Oh another thing, headshots are still headshots right? A low luck stat shouldn't matter when it comes to being the kinda guy who shoots people in the head with a high power rifle? The crit meter is just replacing random body shot criticals, yes?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh another thing, headshots are still headshots right? A low luck stat shouldn't matter when it comes to being the kinda guy who shoots people in the head with a high power rifle? The crit meter is just replacing random body shot criticals, yes?

Well a headshot unless you lose a diceroll. However the guy in the combat videos from yesterday was dropping fools with what I didn't think were headshots. Like one-shotting Super Mutants with it.

• Options
    Headshots were not criticals before. That's a separate multiplier.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I am having a crappy time finding clips of the voice actors.

This is important in that it will determine whether I play John Personguy or Joan Persongirl.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Woman is done by Jack from ME so that sold me on her.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I really hate theses people with early access copies.... if it's ready lemme play!

On another note that head gear from the clip looks cool. Can't wait to see what else is in store

canuckont on
    I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Plus like making a person of color in RPG's I always like the female bad ass. That way I can roam the wilderness as a stastically small hero character in modern fiction.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    After a bender of a weekend I think I'm done with these spoilers. We've gotten enough info to know that "Yup, this is Fallout: Bethesda Edition" and that should inform your purchase. The only agonizing decision now will be whether to grab it on PC at launch as well as PS4.

I opted for both. In my defense, the PC version was cheap, and the ps4 version free after trading in some games. And got me into the raffle for a giant Vault Boy...

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Want to start taking bets as to how long it will take someone to mod her character into wearing a Wonder Woman outfit ?

I just hope it's also PC-wearable...

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    After a bender of a weekend I think I'm done with these spoilers. We've gotten enough info to know that "Yup, this is Fallout: Bethesda Edition" and that should inform your purchase. The only agonizing decision now will be whether to grab it on PC at launch as well as PS4.

I opted for both. In my defense, the PC version was cheap, and the ps4 version free after trading in some games. And got me into the raffle for a giant Vault Boy...

Yea I'm probably going to grab the PC since I got the game for 0 bucks after trading in MGSV and using a 10 pre-order giftcard and and old gift certificate. I was hoping Nuuvem had the game for a song but it doesn't seem to be any better than GMG.

• Options
    canuckont wrote: »
    I really hate theses people with early access copies.... if it's ready lemme play!

Especially when they are so fucking bad at the game: https://vid.me/5Wtk

This discussion has been closed.