As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I've decided what I want to do but it's wayyyyy too early to ship stuff so now I sort of have to sit on my hands. This is torture!

It's never too early!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Happy I got a US based santee this year. Means I can be a lot more original with my gifts. Not that I minded my Canadian santee last year, it just costs more to have everything sent there.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Can I just say that the forums user post log is very inconvenient for secret santa? Pages one could bookmark instead of the "load more comments" button at the bottom would be very nice for continuing where I left off. I know it used to be easier a couple years ago. Was that pre-Vanilla or a Vanilla update? It all blurs together after a while.

Anyone got tips on easier ways to search post history?

edit: I apparently may have answered my own question! If you right-click and copy the URL from the "More Comments" link, it gives you a page number it loads. So you can paste that into the URL and bookmark it and even manually increment the page numbers to continue stalking.

exampe: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/comments/ArcSyn?page=p6

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I've decided what I want to do but it's wayyyyy too early to ship stuff so now I sort of have to sit on my hands. This is torture!

You could always send it now and make them have the self control to wait.

Torture is a kind of gift

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Mmmm it is. Since I have no control over my Santee though I will have to satisfy myself by torturing my Santa by resolving to not open any physical gifts I may get until Christmas Day.

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Oh, another thing I forgot to mention, Santa. If you check my steam profile it's going to say some of my most recently played games are Terraria and Team Fortress 2 (until Fallout 4 comes to bump them). I do not play those games. Before my older kids got their own Steam logins they used to use mine. So my library is a mix of things that are mine and things I bought for the kids to play (Goat Simulator is another one that's all theirs). I realize that will muddy the waters. Sorry.

Also, for those Santas who are inclined to send goodies (like I try to but don't always succeed) we have no food allergies here, so feel free to send what you like.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    This should be fun, if I can do what I want to do. Santee be warned.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I have my assignment...

tumblr_lwwxiphO5P1qza4nq.gif

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I gave a hint in my sign up, but I feel it might be vague. Should I post more? I really only care more about gifting

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
      IT'S STALKIN' TIME!!!

Also... Santa, when I told you I had it on good authority that we'd be getting a PS4 soon... it was a dirty damned lie.
      So don't buy me PS4 games, please.

camo_sig2.png
      Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
    • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
      Mr_Grinch wrote: »
      Ḿ̭͓̻y̝ͤ͌̔ ̈̋̎͐p̼̺̩̯̔ͅlͫ̄̏̒̄̊̒a͖͉̱̜̟̤̒͋ͯ̀͗͠ͅn̳̯̗̹͕̂s̮͈̞͕̃͌̈́̽̽ ̷̳̱͚̠ͨ̆̇a̷̼̭̥̱̣̭̙̓ͩ̓͑ͣ̇r̙̪̜ͮ̉ͯ́̓̋é̜̣̖̝͖ͭ͋ͪ̉̔ͦ͘ ͉̬̲ͤͯ̎̏͗a̵͚͉̙̦̥͐ͩͣ̎l̬̫̭͈ͧ͒ͧl̟̳͕̓̃̔̉̿ ̖̹͔ͨ͛̎s̞̜̜̊́͠e͚̹̋̂͂t͍̥͖̬͔͉̲̓͒̏
      ̋ͥ̚҉͔͍̦̻̩M͖̭ͪͥ͗̾̈́y̫̲̗͈̔̆̽̚͟ ̴͋̾̌o̊ͪ͏̟̺̜͚u̎̀ͦ̏͊ͧ͑t̓͏̰e̠̤̖͍̜̪̍̉ͥr̲̫ ̼͎͉̠̠̮̍̄̎ͪͦ͡ͅs͎̹͕͍̞̞͌̑̒̓̾̊͘k̪̘ͩ̈́ͦ͗̓͂ỉ̵̪͔͓͚̞̝̍͑̑̂ͅṋ͖̈̀͂̿ͭs ̳̘̠̣̾́̒̚ḧ̞͇̼̖́͌̎̎͠av͕̙ͮ̆͗e̫̼ͬ͌̃͢ ͙̿ͯͫ͌̚b̴̳̠̺̊e̴̒e̪̥͔̝͋̈ͮ̏͒͋n̞̐̿̆ ̼̰͍̝̳ͅs͓̠̗͓̤̠ͮ͌ͦͣͤ́̏h͚͚͇̻̖̻ͪ̍ͭͪ̐̚ͅe̠̲̓͊̃̔d̞͈̺̲̻̖ͪ̊̓̑
      ̤̥̖͍͔ͧ̐̃̿̈͂Ȋ̘̦̦̱͚̩̭̊ͣͫͮ̑̇'̷̯͇͇ͯ͋ͥ̉̈̅ͭm̯͎̬̯̯̳ͭ̅͒͌ͣ͐́ ̮̻̞̈̅́͒̆̃c̯̑͗̓̓̃̈ȯ̫̣̬̮͚̰̪̈͂͢ṃ̨͈̰̙̞͚̙̒͋̎͂i͓̼͇̞̦̩̔ͩ̕n͒ͮ̓͒̇g͚͈̯̺͕̗ ̜͈̰̭̬̖̲ͮ̐ͯ͑̈͊f̱͇̥̯͓̱͕oͫ̿͏̪r̵̼̊ͨͣͧͮ ̭y̮̻͔̆̐͑̎ͯo̴͗͛ͤ͒̓u̱̰̬̰̭͒̊,̟̯̺̩̹̯̭̿̿̓̚͠ ̜͖̫̻͇̠̿͝Ṣ͐̂͌͂ͪ͂ͭ͡an̤̼͚̣̄͌ͣ͗̀t̷̤̰̘̳ͪ͑ͯ̽ͅe͕̜͔̩͉͈͈̐eͣ̓͛̉҉̠͎̰̥.̭̹̞̜͖͉͚ͩ̊̄ͮ͞ ̘B̮̬̥̻̗̻́̀̽ͯu̖̹̞̗ͧt͇̖̖͕̻ͨ̄̃̂͆̃ ͪ͞d̞̟̮̘͕̂̋o͉̯̓̂̍̽̊n̰͓ͮͪͥͪ'͍͈͎̠ͤ͘ṯ̷͉͔̔ͧ́ͯ͆ ̻̼̞̙̳̩̪̈̊̆͛̑̌̃͞f̭̯͚̠̰̃̅̃̕r̗̻͈͔̭̩̙ͨ̔́̂̃e̘̬͎͕ͧ̂̂̍t̩̼̟̫̞!̞͍͔̖̳̫͚̀͝
      ͕ͩ͠I͂̏ͥ͗ͭ̐̾'͍̮ͧl̰͓̘̏͋l̞̠͚͕͎̳̀ͨ̔̿̈̂ ͈̯̟͖̺͈̎͋ͨ̊̈́͘ͅo͉͉ͭ͋ͯͧ̂̕ṋ̶̱͍̙͕̮̀́̈́̆̀̌l̸̖̲͙̒̇͐̉͒y̹̱͈̗̹̗̆ͩ̚ ̶ͬ͒ͅs͔͙̙̤̃̐ͅt̴̼̣̭̳̖a̹̞̓̑̍ͅḽ̙ͨ̈́̊ͥͤ̚k̠̗̬̖̖̣ͪͩ͂̄ͤ͌͘ ̲̟̜͋ͯͬͤṷ̌̍̂͡ṋ̪̓͛̅́̀ͣͬt̥̺̩̫̝͓̄͝i̟̱̯̘͜ľ͏̱ ̧͈̥̞̎͐͊ͦ̈o̘̺̪̿ņ̘̮̺͈͈̝ͪ̋͊ͯͩͤ͛ě̸̲̱̺̄̍̀̈́ͥ̿ ̒̓̃̒̀ȯ̺̩̬̰ͨ̏̊͛̒ͪf̴̱̖̯͐ͪͯͅ ͓̥̞͊̐͋ͬ̒ͨ̅u͎̠̠̲̭̭͆̓͋͑͛̅̚͞s̤͔͔͑̊ͣ̌ͯͬ͆ ͖ͫ͒ͥ̂ͪ́͑́ǐ̗̰̬͖̟͔̪ͩ̓̈̆͠s̭͙̠͉͈̞̅̆͒̈ͨ ̷̩̻́̄̍ͫ͑ͫ͋d̴̖̺̜̪̙͛ͭͫͭĕ̯̞̰ͪͯ̓̚̚ͅa̺̼͈̰̣͎͌ḍ̥ͭ̄.̧̞̊̄ͩ͑͆

Oh God, I'm having flashbacks.

Me to.
      Mmmm it is. Since I have no control over my Santee though I will have to satisfy myself by torturing my Santa by resolving to not open any physical gifts I may get until Christmas Day.

I said that last year I think. My gift arrived and said don't open. I think at some point proxy told me, open, I can't wait, from santa.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
      Yeeeeeeeees. The stalking, it begins.

Santa!
      If you're hurting for ideas, here's a quick rundown:
      I got an xbox one, ps3, 3DS, and a crappy laptop that chugs at solitaire.
      Videogame wise, I just picked up GH Live and WWE 2K16, and unless there's an awesome BF deal, that's probably it.
      Wrestling fan. Gay for books.
      Big Lego fan-generally get most of the Marvel and Ideas stuff. Will definitely be picking up the Doctor Who set myself.
      I think I included my twitter account. That's probably the best way to stalk me.

Santee!

I see you. Stop doing that or you'll go blind.

So, I have an idea. Now, How much is international shipping? Those who have done international before, what is the best way?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
      DyasAlure wrote: »
      So, I have an idea. Now, How much is international shipping? Those who have done international before, what is the best way?

Well, USPS International shipping to the UK has the following approximate rates:

8 oz for $13
      1 lb for $18
      2 lb for $25
      3 lb for $33
      4 lb for $41

Then any weight over that or depending on the box's size, the price goes up to $55 and up from there. Canada is a bit less and is around $30 for the 4 lb package. Obviously you'd have to get the exact amount for your exact country, but you can estimate from there.

Fed Ex also has International shipping but I dunno much about that.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
      Being based in the UK I always end up shipping internationally. This does mean that my Santee will be getting diabetes for Xmas thanks to another large box of various British chocolates.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
      PSN: SirGrinchX
      Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
      edited November 2016
      Note this the 2015 post. 2016 update incoming!

Right, time to dig out and edit the narcissism express that is the about me post:
      Shirt Size: M. I don't really wear black T-Shirts these days as I appreciate a bit of colour in my ageing years.
      Consoles Owned: 360, WiiU, 3DS, PC.
      I have a Steam (JamWarrior) and a Gamertag (Jam Warrior UK).
      - All things Nintendo, esp Mario and Zelda and the merchandising associated therewith.
      - Games; As a man with limited time I like story driven concise experiences or short pick up and play (puzzles, roguelikes etc) rather than sprawling epics these days. Also a big fan of the weirder end of the spectrum (Suda 51 etc).
      - Comics (Hellboy and his associated Universe, Yotsuba).
      - Card games, board games, miniatures, D&D, I spend more of my time in Critical Failures than I do in G&T these days to be honest.
      - Geocacher (Team Bean UK).
      - Two daughters. 5 and 2 years old. The best handful.
      - Generally a big kid who still loves toys. LEGO etc always much appreciated!
      - Books. I love reading but don't do it enough and would love to read your favourite novel. Dead tree version please.

Not so good ideas:
      - Blu-Rays, as I only have a DVD player.
      - Spirits (just not my thing)
      - Mainline obvious Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario etc) as my family is probably already getting them for me or they're sat on my shelf in shrink wrap waiting for that mythical free time to play them.

But that's all irrelevant because what's really fun about Secret Santa is discovering the new things that you like and want to share. Force your favourite things upon me! I'm ready for it.

You should have my wife's email if you want to check if I already have something or not. Don't worry, she should understand what you're talking about.

And if all else fails I have an Amazon list I try to keep stocked with random stuff I fancy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/3LZ4ZKQ6DKAIN

Jam Warrior on
      MhCw7nZ.gif
    • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
      I should probably dig mine up at some point to see what needs updating.

Also, to my Santee:

It begins.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
      remember you can find people's amazon wishlists with their email if they have one.

I'm not sure what other tips there are for stalking. zoom in on their house on google maps and see if the maps car caught them in a compromising position.

but hey, whatever methods everyone chooses, I look forward to being on government watch lists with you fine people.

• never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
      It begins.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
      Being based in the UK I always end up shipping internationally. This does mean that my Santee will be getting diabetes for Xmas thanks to another large box of various British chocolates.

I'm not going to lie - this box of foreign diabetes sounds amazing. My brother-in-law (is he still my brother-in-law if he's my sister-in-law's husband) is from England and always has the best candy when he comes back from a trip home to see his parents.

camo_sig2.png
    • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
      edited November 2015
      jclast wrote: »

I'm not going to lie - this box of foreign diabetes sounds amazing. My brother-in-law (is he still my brother-in-law if he's my sister-in-law's husband) is from England and always has the best candy when he comes back from a trip home to see his parents.

He is, but only if he's married to your wife's / husband's sister (and therefore married to your sister-in-law), not if he's married your brother's ex-wife.

Make sense?

Also, my santee has been on the forums for ~10 years, and has less than 100 posts. Their most-recent post besides signing up here was in last year's Secret Santa thread.

Meme-Faces-Challenge-Accepted-05.jpg

Elvenshae on
    • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
      Elvenshae wrote: »

Also, my santee has been on the forums for ~10 years, and has less than 100 posts. Their most-recent post besides signing up here was in last year's Secret Santa thread.

Meme-Faces-Challenge-Accepted-05.jpg

I am right there with you. Though coincidentally my Santee is a day trip from my house so maybe it's time to go literally stalk them. :twisted:

v2zAToe.jpg
      Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
    • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      Seems like that is an awful specific amount of information to figure out if you're my Santa or not @Elvenshae :)

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
      edited November 2015
      urahonky wrote: »
      Seems like that is an awful specific amount of information to figure out if you're my Santa or not Elvenshae :)

I may or may not have anonymized some parts of it, just to avoid that. :D

EDIT:

Also, I'm pretty sure that my statement applies to multiple people. :(

Elvenshae on
    • ElinElin Registered User regular
      Dear Santa:

There are some of you that delight in fiendishly difficult puzzles every year, and there are those among us that find them great. I assure you, dear Santa, I am not one of them. Please make your puzzles easy enough for a 5 year old if puzzle are what bring you Christmas joy because some of the puzzles that I've seen in previous years would honestly result in me crying in frustration.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
      PSN Hypacia
      Xbox HypaciaMinnow
      Discord Hypacia#0391

I am right there with you. Though coincidentally my Santee is a day trip from my house so maybe it's time to go literally stalk them. :twisted:

It looks like I can get to my santee in about 3 hours. That's too much power to trust with me

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

It looks like I can get to my santee in about 3 hours. That's too much power to trust with me

Man, I wish I could get to my Santee's house. One year I'll get one of you that is close by and do nothing with that information! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, seriously santee, could you be harder to stalk?

PSN: jfrofl
    • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
      Hey Santee,

My quills are bristling and vibrating in anticipation.
      I will regurgitate a feline specifically to your exacting standards.
      Would you like it to arrive before the molting, or after once its secondary and tertiary mandibles fully form?

You will be difficult to please, I think. I know little of this sock hair you speak of. Nor am I familiar with poke a mans, rowboats, or cardboard-based magicks that require little bloodletting, if any.

I will learn from this. We will both grow from this.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
      Hey Santee,

My quills are bristling and vibrating in anticipation.
      I will regurgitate a feline specifically to your exacting standards.
      Would you like it to arrive before the molting, or after once its secondary and tertiary mandibles fully form?

You will be difficult to please, I think. I know little of this sock hair you speak of. Nor am I familiar with poke a mans, rowboats, or cardboard-based magicks that require little bloodletting, if any.

I will learn from this. We will both grow from this.

Come to the The Colossal Pillar of Wasp Eggs.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
      This will be my first year participating. I feel bad for whoever got me, I didn't go near into the detail of my likes like the person I get to santa the crap out of.

Get the mediator to email me and I will fill you in more! I'm so new to this!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
      ― John Quincy Adams
      hey there's plenty of blood-letting in the cardboard magicks if I have anything to say about it!

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      Woo, it begins!

Santa, life has kept me from being online ad often, so I may be a bit hard to stalk. Here's some stuff about me.

Shirt size: Medium (finally!)
      Beer snob.
      Plan on getting a ps4 soon.
      Rock climber and runner.
      Comic book fan and wrestling fan.

Really, I'll appreciate anything.

Also Santee, you won't be getting anything till at least December.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
      Totally looking at your house now santee.

From the internet I mean, I'm not a weirdo.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
      I will follow Kyougu's lead since my initial email to join the santa club was pretty vague:

Shirt Size: Large (but not huge, I'm a skinny guy!)
      Complete beer snob, if you send me a pack of Busch light (it's horse piss in a can), I will drive to your house and give it back! :)
      Have a PS4, but mostly game on PC
      Mountain biker, tent camper, kayaker.

Huge star wars and comics nerd (Nova is my favorite comic book hero)
      Also my little boy is a huge star wars and wolverine fan. If you get him something instead of me, you are amazing!

I'm gonna gift so hard!

Is it weird that I have a little present chub right now?

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
      ― John Quincy Adams
      Schide wrote: »
      DyasAlure wrote: »

Well, USPS International shipping to the UK has the following approximate rates:

8 oz for $13
      1 lb for $18
      2 lb for $25
      3 lb for $33
      4 lb for $41

Then any weight over that or depending on the box's size, the price goes up to $55 and up from there. Canada is a bit less and is around $30 for the 4 lb package. Obviously you'd have to get the exact amount for your exact country, but you can estimate from there.

Fed Ex also has International shipping but I dunno much about that.

You give me info. But I feel I can't confirm or deny where I am, and where it is going. Ugh, I asked a bad question. Maybe people know what country I'm in. But if I say want country my person is in, I feel I will out myself before I have begun.

I do know they like video games. Wait, that is most everyone here... ok I can say that.

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
      Man I always forget how weird American infrastructure is compared to European. ALL your roads are just straight lines in huge grids. Guess that's why Simcity only just added curved roads in the latest version.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
    • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      We like to get to places fast.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
      The Mantiz wrote: »
      Man I always forget how weird American infrastructure is compared to European. ALL your roads are just straight lines in huge grids. Guess that's why Simcity only just added curved roads in the latest version.

As somebody who just traveled for work to an unfamiliar city this is super not true. The east coast was designed by madmen intent on watching visitors swear in their rental car while exiting for the fourth time in a row.

camo_sig2.png
    • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
      And now I'm spending the rest of my evening looking at American roads on Google maps.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
    • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
      edited November 2015
      The Mantiz wrote: »

I would like to present the great city of Boston as a counterpoint, or Lake Havasu.

Edit: I wanted to say Portland as well, but it was more of a pain in the ass to drive in, and looks super grid like from google space.
      Also Seattle is a great giant grid.

Radiation on
      PSN: jfrofl