As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

October is over but share your [Halloween] tricks and treats

124»

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    @Shivahn awesome! I love that you carried the makeup down the neck and arms!

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn awesome! I love that you carried the makeup down the neck and arms!

Hee, thanks! I did the face and thought "it needs more" and found a picture and did the neck, then I realized I didn't want to wear a shitty cloak when I could wear a nice dress I never wear otherwise (and I realized I had two extra hours I hadn't realized I'd had), so I decided to do the arms, and then obviously I had to do the hands, and..

Basically the only part of the outfit that kept the original plan was the fact that it was skeletal.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    It was interesting having @No-Quarter on allcaps basically all night

My voice is kinda shot now

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I HAVE THE PICS

@Casual Eddy as the stunning Blue Fairy, complete with blue beard and attitude
    NjDRrnAl.jpg

@Delmain as the imposing King in Yellow. It's freaky enough when he's sitting down...
    WsG8qZyl.jpg

...but he's a bajillion feet tall, when i say imposing, i mean it:
    6IETMFhl.jpg

@No-Quarter as Macho Man Randy Savage. His commitment to the character was admirable.
    HkvzmYYl.jpg

@tapeslinger as the cocky Han Solo. Dat trademark arrogance tho
    rlGyqxdl.jpg

@nexuscrawler as the beautiful Princess Leia, freed from her enslavement to the evil Jabba the Hutt, but still kept the costume because it give boners boners
    T8wG1qhl.jpg

Princess Leia is also a master at backing it and dropping it like it's hot
    rCLxSFgl.jpg

and me as Korra
    7KpLRy0l.jpg

I'm the Avatar! You gotta deal with it!
    YDR2YRCl.jpg

You bet your ass I'm wearing this to PAX East. Unfortunately, my girlfriend @BEAST! Asami may not be joining me:
    2knrUTMl.jpg

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    So glad pictures were got.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    EdH0tlcl.jpg

Bear Force, reporting for duty.

Ursine aviation puns abounded.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    the picture of the nexus booty drops

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    EdH0tlcl.jpg

This appropriation of gay bear culture

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

I'm not sure where exactly nexus learned to dance, but this is basically his only dance move, regardless of the occasion

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    EdH0tlcl.jpg

This appropriation of gay bear culture

There was cuddling with the dude on the right but it was entirely platonic and we are both lithe and nearly hairless below the neck CEddy I'm sorry

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pretty thrilled with how this turned out

veeiltgq841j.jpeg

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    My favorite webspace for spooky stuff and fun monsters is Bogleech - he's got a tumblr and a main site filled with fun articles about games and movies and real-life critters, and a wonderfully atypical webcomic. As far as Bog is concerned, halloween lasts 'til December, and we're just at the halfway mark. ONE MILLION YEARS HALLOWEEN

hallowmas.png

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    The work event went great. The kids loved the Easter Bunny costume and also getting eggs, as it was like getting a bonus prize when they cracked them open and found chocolate. The adults were amused by me greeting everyone with, "Happy Six Months Until Easter!" It was very successful.

As for the regular trick-or-treating, we'll see if we get more than the two who have showed up. I have my doubts.

None of our friends were doing anything for Halloween this year, so my wife and I just hung out at my parents' place and watched movies with my mom and brother. My dad though is another story. He looks a surprising amount like Santa Claus normally, from his full bodied figure to his white hair and beard. A year or so ago, my mom actually made him a nice Santa outfit to wear for funsies at Christmas, but that night he broke it out to give out candy to the neighborhood kids. He opened the door each time with a big "Merry Christmas!", confusing most of the kids that stopped by, but even from the other room I could hear most of the adults laughing outside. He made the kids promise to be good for the rest of the year before he'd give them candy.

I didn't get any pictures of him on Halloween itself, but here's one of him in the outfit: http://i.imgur.com/LXsdT61.jpg

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    A buddy and I thought we had a pretty good costume idea:
    7sdi5c225sw4.jpg
    dihps6snsssr.jpg
    Dang, those are pretty big. I had to post them with my phone, though, and am not sure how to resize them.

LaOs on
  • Options
    While we were waiting for a table at a restaurant for brunch on Sunday, a dude in a Michael Meyers mask holding up a legit butcher knife walked in, made a beeline for the restroom, and then left after a minute. That was already kind of fucked, but apparently he'd seen my friend in the parking lot and started power walking at her. She already has a paralyzing fear of knives and was promptly reduced to tears. Fuck that guy.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    You may refer to me as princess twerksalotnow

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I'm not sure where exactly nexus learned to dance, but this is basically his only dance move, regardless of the occasion

@tapeslinger
    on planet awesome

• Options

tapeslinger
    on planet awesome

such skeptical
    very smirk
    many doubting
    wow

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    A9e3twVl.jpg

Here's a close up of the blue fairy on the train ride home

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I am only now recovered enough from Halloween-related hangover and desperate work scrambling to say: man, I went to an awesome Halloween street fair on Friday. It was mixed gay/straight, sponsored by the gay bars but lots of misc people (and people with kids and stuff). Lots of costumes, got a fair number of compliments on my makeup. One of the dudes from the Voice opened, and I was like, huh, he is also very attractive in person! (After him, Great Big World which was whatever).

My friend bailed on me to go have sex with her super-hot new boyfriend she just started dating, and let me tell you having seen him I couldn't really blame her, but it was kind of a bummer to be flying solo at first. Resolved to just hang out alone and enjoy the vibe anyway. But then I was befriended by some jovial strangers! This guy was dressed as a unicorn, and his name was Rhino (true story). He brought one of those old-school cigarette holders so that he could smoke with the mask on:
    n2f2h6bjjnj3.jpg

Also, he was very clear that he and his boyfriend would have sex with me, which I almost did because his boyfriend was dressed as Link and that's KIND OF MY THING. But I was trying to jump on someone else in their group--who I did wind up swapping info and making out with for a hot second, but I was too drunk to remember it later (oops).

In general spirits ran high. At one point some other stranger who had also done the whole skeleton thing grabbed me and we had a skeleton strangers group photo.
    a3egcx9t08o4.jpg

(also they were giving out glowsticks!)

Then afterward I got picked up by my broskis and we went off to another party and the moral of the story is A+ would Halloween again.

MrMister on
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular