As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 date?

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I got the one from offical pax but not from robert is it maybe because robert just retweeted something and did not actually tweet it out himself not sure how that works with mobile notifacations. Both showed up on my tweet deck but would rather have the phone as well.

pilferk wrote: »
    Nope, alerts STILL not working. Offical_Pax and Robert both just tweeted....no text to my phone. GRRRRRR.....

Do u know if u normally get alerts when it comes to retweets or replies to convos with someone else cause thats what both of roberts were

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    IDK about tweetdeck, but I tested it with another user just now. their retweet def sent out a text to my phone. Neither the "regular" tweet nor Robert's retweet sent out an alert text to my phone.
    It's weird that THOSE users seem to be problematic.....while the user I tested with worked fine.

yea everyone else i have got them fine even offical pax i got fine every other person i set up mobile alerts for i get fine as well. just not khoo for some reason. Hopefully I hear or notice the tweet deck go off or offical pax also tweets it at the same time cause other wise a lot of people will be in trouble

• Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    Praying to God everything works out and I don't have to deal with second hand passes

TbjrD9q.png
  • CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    We have our days (semi-) confirmed now: April 22-24, 2016

Via: http://indiemegabooth.com/submissions-for-pax-east-2016-open-now/

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    It's not on the MCCA event site yet...I'm crossing my fingers for late April in hopes the weather will be a bit better.

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    It's not on the MCCA event site yet...I'm crossing my fingers for late April in hopes the weather will be a bit better.

I know, I'm waiting for official confirmation back on the Boston Convention center site too. Tho unofficial dates are great to start getting excited for, I can't book a hotel with that!

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Star, here is a hint: If you get a room that can be cancelled with no penalty a few days before, you can. But the show lodging is not open yet and is at quite the discount. I usually recommend booking a cancellable, fallback room somewhere in Boston that you can afford, so you have lodging no matter what. I've had a hard time securing the official housing anywhere near the con lately.

I believe there are a few new hotels opening up within walking distance of the convention center, including Aloft which is opening up in February. Hopefully this allows more people the chance to stay closer.

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Yes, I already reserved a standby room at the Element since I was given a tentative date for 2016 earlier this year (I still think it will be the 22nd-24th of April). They are still under construction until just before PAX. They are very pricey and the prices have gone way up since I reserved so you may wish to look elsewhere.

that is what the dates were when it was first annouced so would make sense if that is still the date

• ItaraItara Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    The Indy Megabooth website is showing Pax East dates as April 22-24th.

http://indiemegabooth.com/

Edit: I now see that someone else has shared this information. I got so excited I didnt read well before posting :P

Itara on
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular

I like the current speculated dates because it would put the pre-PAX dinner on my birthday. ;)

row1.pngrow2.png

I like the current speculated dates because it would put the pre-PAX dinner on my birthday. ;)

And that would just be so freaking AWESOME!!!

I doubt the dates one the Indy Megabooth site are incorrect. It wouldn't make since for them to start accepting applications under the pretenses of a false date.

Itara wrote: »
    I doubt the dates one the Indy Megabooth site are incorrect. It wouldn't make since for them to start accepting applications under the pretenses of a false date.

I agree, but that's why I'm having so much trouble with them not putting an official date out there for the rest of us, because it wouldn't make any sense to change it. Unless it's just to watch us squirm.

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I already booked my hotel, so those dates better be correct lol :)

• willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've already booked my plane tickets (I got such a great deal, I couldn't help it), so I'm really, REALLY hoping those dates are correct.

edited November 2015
    You guys are optimistic! The dates are probably correct, but I would just like to see the actual organizers and event site post the dates. I doubt they are not posting the dates to make us squirm...we will be doing enough of that when "SOON" is posted on the PAX site...its probably not up yet because they are finalizing the details and want to make sure everything it correct before putting it out there.

Personally, I really do hope its April 22-24th because its perfect for my work schedule minimizing the time I need to take off, and the potential of better weather...oh, lets not forget that.

ClannMorgan on
    I just don't think the organizers have gotten to updating the site yet. My guess is they know we will all get squirmy when its updated so they are trying to get everything else in order 1st. I'm expecting it any day now.

• tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    This whole thing is stressing me out, for real xD

I just wish we at least had 100% confirmed dates.

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    This whole thing is stressing me out, for real xD

I just wish we at least had 100% confirmed dates.

Aye, they at least had the dates confirmed by now this time last year. Actually the tickets themselves were on sale shortly after Remembrance Day last year. I'm guessing that because it was pushed back a month and a half later than last year, the announcements for the dates would be this month and tickets in December.

InfiniteNuLL on
    FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    The tickets for east went on sale on 11/12 last year actually so yeah tomorrow. That being said, this year since East is later, I'm guessing tickets will be as well. Considering they didn't update the site with 2016 info yet I would guess we have some time still. That being said, I'll be remaining vigilant.

P0P7S6y.png
  • InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »
    The tickets for east went on sale on 11/12 last year actually so yeah tomorrow. That being said, this year since East is later, I'm guessing tickets will be as well. Considering they didn't update the site with 2016 info yet I would guess we have some time still. That being said, I'll be remaining vigilant.

dammit Matt, get out of my head.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
    Solanales wrote: »

dammit Matt, get out of my head.

NEVAAAAAR

P0P7S6y.png
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    I bet some of you nearly got heart attacks from the recent tweet from PAX. Haha!!!

Anyway, I'm hoping tickets go on sale soon, although I'm doubting it'll be this week, as the website haven't updated yet.

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Every tweet, I'm like...
    u1a5d.jpg

npyymaqh3gup.png
    would work great if tickets went on sale today or 2morrow but guessing that wont happen

I would really like for them to be on sale before Thanksgiving.

• Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Yeah, at this point, I'm hoping they go on sale before the Thanksgiving holidays as well.

What are the chances of them actually waiting til December? Haha.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think it will probably before US Thanksgiving. I could always be proven wrong, though.

Do you think it is likely that they will go on sale either Thanksgiving or Black Friday, if they haven't by that point? I will be nowhere near a computer those days.

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Not for any logical reason or anything, but I was hoping/expecting them to go on sale this week. Assuming I can get tickets this will only be my third PAX East, so while I'd love to guess they'll go on sale soon, I don't think my guess is worth much.

I wouldn't expect it to happen on Thanksgiving day, though. PA is a pretty family-oriented organization - I would be surprised if they had some folks come in to go through all that on a holiday.

mkf6ad9.png
  • PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    In the past they have generally avoided it being thanksgiving week, it will be next week I guess or December...

pax%20sig.png
    It wouldn't make sense to me that the tickets would go on sale before the actual dates are "official", so I'm hoping it's a safe bet that we won't see ticket sales until we get confirmation on the Boston Convention Site [or the very least Twitter] of the dates. I know we're pretty much 99% sure it's still April 22-24, but having them confirmed officially would be delightful.

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    It was pretty good we at least knew not to look before Nov 1 ... was really expecting it this week, but with Veterans' day, I'm guessing next wednesday :D. Would love a tuesday better, but I always seem to have my busiest day while tickets drop so planning for it :P

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    I am pretty sure they would NOT put the tickets up on sale on Thanksgiving or that Friday. I'd be unbelievably surprised if they went up on the Wednesday before. Largely because there are always issues that involve support from showclix, onpeak, and the Penny arcade staff...right after passes go up on sale. I don't see the PA crew asking others to work long, arduous, and tough hours right on (or leading into) the holiday.

I think it will be next wednesday (the 18th) OR Dec 2nd. But we'll see.

• kitcat02kitcat02 Registered User new member
    I'm new to Pax and have been anxious about when they go on sale because I know they go fast. I saw a lot of people talk about them going on sale on Wednesdays, is it always a Wednesday?

kitcat02 wrote: »
    I'm new to Pax and have been anxious about when they go on sale because I know they go fast. I saw a lot of people talk about them going on sale on Wednesdays, is it always a Wednesday?

The last two years it has been on wednesdays but prior to that it was Monday and Friday the year before that so is there a new pattern of Wednesday? Maybe... Do I think it's worth dropping your guard? no

P0P7S6y.png
This discussion has been closed.