As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I was looking for a [Job] and then I found a [Job]

1939495969799»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I'm in Canada so, that probably has a lot to do with it.

But yes. I work in a nuclear power plant. And they do not drug test.

Well that's probably the difference.

I was confused how in the world we somehow reduced security theater post-9/11. Though I might be in bizarro world or something.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Security theater definitely ramped up post 9/11.

I have to go through more security devices and checkpoints, and pass guards carrying automatic rifles than you do in an airport.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Ok..so, I need a lemur for Friday if you could please, Joe.

Also, the guy that is interviewing me? Is the guy that got the Director job over me. God dammit. Linkedin says I have a few more years of experience as well. This should be interesting.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Also, the guy that is interviewing me? Is the guy that got the Director job over me. God dammit. Linkedin says I have a few more years of experience as well. This should be interesting.

Eat his heart to take his powers job.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

I'm more Highlander than Kali Ma.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Who was the mother that wanted advice in the medical manufacturing lab job? My ex girlfriend is working there now and I could petition her for advice.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My boss is listening in on a conference call at a stupidly high volume and playing it on speakerphone. So everyone within 50 or 60 feet can hear this. I came in to ask him to hold his phone or lower the volume or something since i was trying to do support calls using my actual handset like a civilized human being and he shushed me and pointed to the cubicle opening basically meaning hey get the fuck out.

Really wanna go off on people sometimes.

Point at his phone with your middle finger and tell him "no u"

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

I'm more Highlander than Kali Ma.

you should use the bear claws.

he'll never expect that.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    [somebody] no but in [system] it still says provision complete is that as far as you can push
    [Me ] You're asking if I can complete something beyond a complete?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Drug testing is HUGE money. Just ask Florida governor terrifying living mannequin Rick Scott.

Portrait-of-evil-Gov-Rick-Scott.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU WERE RIGHT

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Drug testing- in the army I almost got an article 15 court martial and was investigated by CID agents because one day I asked for some aspirin because I had a really bad headache and this asshole who ended up getting booted for heavy drug use gave me a couple of those tylenols you can get in Canada (this was at Fort Lewis) that have something like 3mg of codeine in them and then we had a random drug test the next week.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Really helped with the headache though.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    [somebody] no but in [system] it still says provision complete is that as far as you can push

He was just asking if you can push it. Push it real good.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    The atmosphere in this office just feels increasingly toxic.

Applied to a job this morning to make myself feel better and I've been able to do a bit of actual work since then. Now that my move is over I'm going to start looking again in earnest. Maybe I should try and find a recruiter...

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Oh, Sassori! On Halloween I was down at Pike Place Market doing my thing, and I saw someone with a pretty good Carmen San Diego costume.

But I didn't get a picture.
    And didn't say anything.
    And that wasn't recent that you did that.
    And isn't relevant to this thread.
    And is a few days late anyway.

HEY HOW'S THOSE JOBS GOING?

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Oh, Sassori! On Halloween I was down at Pike Place Market doing my thing, and I saw someone with a pretty good Carmen San Diego costume.

But I didn't get a picture.
    And didn't say anything.
    And that wasn't recent that you did that.
    And isn't relevant to this thread.
    And is a few days late anyway.

HEY HOW'S THOSE JOBS GOING?

This is a fantastic post for the top of the page.

Good work.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    so as of today, I am a writer for one of the regional branches of IGN

How ethical are you? This is important.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    so as of today, I am a writer for one of the regional branches of IGN

How ethical are you? This is important.

You fool, you'll doom us all.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anyway, relating to my job thingy, it's looking like I'll be starting on the 16th, so that's cool. Sad to be leaving here, but unfortunately they can't hire me permanently here so I gotta move on. At least I made some good contacts and a friend here, though!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

He was just asking if you can push it. Push it real good.
    Look, don't tell anyone, but there is a super secret "Extra Complete" status that is reserved for when a family member of someone VP level or above calls.
    It's just like Complete, except that now there are pixies in your modem.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I've only had one drug test, so that I could do things at electrical substations. Pretty reasonable when the wrong move might vaporise you. Ironically, I haven't done any substation work since.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    My partner smashed against the glass ceiling at full tilt. Again. Lost out to a man 5 years her junior, tenure-wise. I'm just going to start laughing rudely whenever I hear someone try to argue that "it should be about merit!"
    Gonna need some take-out thai food and wine, tonight.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    One time i got hit with client random screening, company random screening, and new project screening within the course of like 2 weeks.

I don't do drugs but I was pretty sure at the time they thought I did.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Today a person insisted I had to view 70+ photos of her former dog, which she had sold but now deeply regretted. Seventy photos of it dressed up, being kissed, getting a doggie birthday cake, and then I was to assess whether it was being starved by its new owners in updated photos.

Lady, I'm not a vet, nor even a pet owner.

But no, your former dog looks perfectly fine, I'm sorry you regret giving it away but you can't sue for doggie visitation arrrrg

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Goddamn pen thieves.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I don't know if that interview went well or not. The first part seemed pretty good, where they were asking me stock interview questions. I consider myself pretty personable and I have some solid accomplishments from my previous job, so I always feel like I do good in those kinds of interviews. The position is a sales position, so they had me walk through a simulated sale. I don't have direct sales experience so I was a little nervous and it felt stiff and bad. They asked what I thought of my sale and what I would have done differently after the fact, and I feel like I was pretty honest about what I had done wrong and what I thought I could do better as I got more comfortable with the role, and asked for their honest feedback. They seemed to be happy with that? There's a 4 week training program so I tried to position myself as someone with the right mindset and values, with the ability to be trained.

They said I should hear back one way or another by the end of next week, since they were still reviewing applicants.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    The dead parking lot quail from yesterday is covered in like a thousand spiders now ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Ugh. I actually have to work from work today. This sucks.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    The dead parking lot quail from yesterday is covered in like a thousand spiders now ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

flesh eating spiders

This discussion has been closed.