As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where to buy 3rd party Pinny Arcade pins

• 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    whats that free shipping this weekend at ND

• dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Hopefully you don't care about card backs, because the PlayStation Store (which is handled by ThinkGeek, who should know better...) abused these even worse than the first time around. They were rolled into a pile of tough packing paper, and then literally crammed into a tiny box.

9hee2unu5656.jpg

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    OP edited to remove Creepy Doll, now apparently sold out.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    dmosinee wrote: »
    Hopefully you don't care about card backs, because the PlayStation Store (which is handled by ThinkGeek, who should know better...) abused these even worse than the first time around. They were rolled into a pile of tough packing paper, and then literally crammed into a tiny box.

9hee2unu5656.jpg

Think Geek has real issues with shipping. I've had to get replacement mugs from them at least 3 times because they refuse to use padding. Just a mug in a thin plastic box shipped unpackaged with a bunch of other things. Smashed into gravel.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Just because I haven't seen these talked about anywhere else and saw them pop up on ebay, Naughty Dog apparently released two new pins:
    Daxter and Chloe.

Not my cup of tea, but have to keep people informed, yeah?

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    lolwut

Someone should post a thread!

Not me I'm going out.

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just because I haven't seen these talked about anywhere else and saw them pop up on ebay, Naughty Dog apparently released two new pins:
    Daxter and Chloe.

Not my cup of tea, but have to keep people informed, yeah?
    If I wasn't at work I'd be screaming. New Jak and Daxter merch? After all this time? I'm getting like five of them, all for my personal collection. The Chloe doesn't impress me too much but I'm still gonna buy it, of course. I'm such a sucker for Naughty Dog.

• MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Tin Man games are selling their pin directly on ebay at the moment. A$25 buy it now or best offer. I thought it was someone reselling, but the return address on the package I received is the Tin Man Games Studio.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinny-Arcade-PAX-Australia-Tin-Man-Games-pin-/131592202239?hash=item1ea381a7ff

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    I had inavertently split 2x Daxter and 2x Chloe over two orders, each with the same shipping. Thinkgeek shipped Chloe in the box on the right, and Daxter in the envelope on the left. I hope nobody gets damaged pins like we saw with the Naughty Dog anniversaries.
    8CkQJ1p.jpg

ChMDm4Y.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's like they're flipping a coin before packing stuff or something.

"Get there undamaged or not.."

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    dmosinee wrote: »

9hee2unu5656.jpg

Hi...some people on the boards know this, other don't: but I work for TG.

Now, yea...that's not a good thing at all. However, it also doesn't come out of our warehouse (working on that). I'm going to be sure that the vendor knows the score on this one because yea, that's kinda butts. Sorry about that.

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    shop.maker.tv has these two pins for $12 each.

Co-Optional Podcast
    Polaris Grand Prix Seattle 2015

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    thx42 wrote: »
    shop.maker.tv has these two pins for $12 each.

Co-Optional Podcast
    Polaris Grand Prix Seattle 2015

Even with shipping it comes out cheaper than having bought at Prime. Thinkgeek could learn something here.

Edit: Forgot they were $10 at Pax, disregard the above.

adambarg on
    ChMDm4Y.png
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    They were $10 if you bought them at PAX. But yeah, the $2 shipping is nice.

$8.88 shipping for Australians, making the price for one pin $20.88 USD and $29.28 AUD. Lucky my pin group grabbed the Co-Optional ones I wanted for my friends at PAX. :(

• Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Can some on fill be in on the Polaris Grand Prix Seattle 2015 pin. Whats that about?

edited September 2015
    I got my Daxter and Chloe pins today, they were packed rather nicely in a small box, with bits of tough paper on either side. Very impressed. No bent cards at all.

http://imgur.com/a/A6YIT

In other news, I now have a Chloe up for trade. :biggrin:

misskass on
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    There are now a couple maker pins available online for purchase!

Well this is awkward..

• Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Double Heads up! You can now get the Raz and 2-Headed Baby pins through Double Fine's shop:

http://shop.doublefine.com/

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    25% off at the Maker store with code "ABOOT" - http://shop.maker.tv/
    Ends tonight at midnight (my assumption is this is PST?). Get your Co-optional Podcast and Maker Grand Prix pins if you haven't already.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    non US people - that discount works for us too, and they offer free International postage if you buy 50 USD worth of stuff (after discount).

• MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not sure if this is new or not, but the following 4 pins are available from the table titans store:
    Bard Rock,
    Bin It to Win It,
    Scratch and Kirby Giddy Up,
    Skull Fart.

Panda Espresso is sadly sold out.

http://store.tabletitans.com/collections/pinny-arcade

Shipping to Aus is $17.50 for one pin, for any interested folk. Is there anyone who was planning to buy any of these and wanted to split costs? I kiiiind of want the Bard Rock one, but I can give it a miss at $32.50 before exchange rate.

I remember when Skull Fart was hard to get!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I remember when Skull Fart was hard to get!

Gotta love that false information. Raise the price for bit when people thought it was rare, only to still have it available 2 years later.

I thought it was because someone here told him he should be charging more?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Yes, and the fact that he knew what the stock was and the fact that it happened is super douchey.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

Yes, and the fact that he knew what the stock was and the fact that it happened is super douchey.

Given what I know of how Scott has organized things in the past, I'm more inclined to believe that he did a large run, piled the boxes in his art room along with everything that is still not unpacked from the Texas move, what, 4 years ago? stored the boxes in his office and keeps unearthing them when looking for other things.

• pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    Ash from SMG studios sent out the steam keys if you left your email address with them after purchasing Death Squared Red and/or Blue pins. Along with that, there's a line in there for if you happened to want any more pins.

"If you'd like to buy more pins we have a very limited number available for
    the same price at PAX Aus.
    Just reply to this and we'll sort it out.

These pins will be very popular at other PAX's for trading."

pobblebonk wrote: »
    "These pins will be very popular at other PAX's for trading."

NeFOLQh.gif

Let them dream. I also doubt there's a 'very limited number available', but they want to make them seem a little more valuable than they turned out to be. Personally I am glad I bought a pair - even though they turned out to be even more expensive than expected - because they're cute and cartoony, but they're not really desirable.

• OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I went to get them but it took so long to flag the guy down that I just gave up. I like to pick up third party pins in case somebody else wants them but I don't really collect them myself.

What was their PAX Aus price? I heard horror stories of it fluctuating.

edited November 2015
    I bought two sets (for myself and a pal) for $70, so it seemed to be $35 for two. That doesn't match up with the $15 each they mentioned on their Twitter, and I suspect the cost of buying just one of them wouldn't have been $17.50, probably more like $20.

Although I did get game codes (three for each game, in fact), I don't actually think I'll play their game, so I'm not super impressed.

misskass on
    edited November 2015
    misskass wrote: »
    I bought two sets (for myself and a pal) for $70, so it seemed to be $35 for two. That doesn't match up with the $15 each they mentioned on their Twitter, and I suspect the cost of buying just one of them wouldn't have been $17.50, probably more like $20.

Although I did get game codes (three for each game, in fact), I don't actually think I'll play their game, so I'm not super impressed.

As tedious as it can be, I much prefer doing things in exchange for a pin. Playing Magic (which I seem to learn every year and then completely forget how to play in the intervening months) and such, or just showing up early somewhere. When I have to buy it I always feel like I'm cheating.

It's the same reasoning behind why I don't like trading for staff pins at the trading events. I feel more accomplished if I manage to find them elsewhere at PAX and trade with them that way.

That said, I paid for Kris Straub's pins because I like what he does and wanted to put money towards that. I just didn't have that same drive to give with SMG ... maybe I'm a jerk?

Olerhead on
    Oh man, you and I have very different collection styles. I prefer buying pins, because I don't like spending all of my time in lines, and I really like instant gratification. Magic is... painful, normally, because I dislike the game, but I try to take my friends along, and this year I got a supervisor in the training session that made the game seem like fun. (I also won the game, which probably helped my mood a bit.) Also, this year I went to play later in the day, after they'd already run out of pins, so I didn't have to wait so long to take the silly photo.

Our solution for the photo was to grab something like 5 people who were all lining up individually and having us all get into the same photo. Everyone got a stamp and it took a big chunk out of the line all at once.

I am not a huge Magic fan but I usually get the pin solely because I always run into someone who really wants it and it's nice to be able to trade it.

I'm probably the wrong person to be commenting here since I don't usually chase down third party pins. I'll get them if I have the opportunity, but I resolved long ago to try and make my collection just the PA pins - not that I'm anywhere close to completing that collection, either. I just know that I have absolutely no chance of ever completing it if I start to include the third party pins too.

I do kind of wish I'd gotten the other third party pins, but I got the one Tinman was offering for this year, the Magic pin and a few Helixes so I'm generally happy.