As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Fitness Group 2.0

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    1.5kgs WOO WOOO.

Any other Aussies here getting in shape for PAX AUS?

Maybe I should ask closer to it..

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    You may want to make a specific thread in the PAXAus category, if that's allowed.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Hey folks, I just figured out how to make people admins on Fitocracy. If you're an active member of PAXPrime fitness group I'd love to share the reins. Shoot me a PM.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You may want to make a specific thread in the PAXAus category, if that's allowed.

I was considering that, but when I found this one I figured the mods would probably prefer all pax/fitness related stuff here.

2.4kgs this week. Started skipping again.

Lowest weight I've been for about 2-3 years.

My new fitness goal is to get into good enough shape where I can turn my Canadaman costume from tshirt/sweatpants into tights and look damned good.

After relaxing a bit just before/during/after PAX AUS, my new fitness goal is to reach the weight I was before it. :P

A solid plan if ever there was one!

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I've been out of the loop for a while due to an insane schedule. Curious if there is any activity still on here :P Might be moving closer to the gym, so hoping that will encourage me to go more often. (Miiight work)

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I went through a round of P90X3. Not much has changed. I probably could've pushed harder, but it was still nice to say I went through it. Started round 2 on Saturday.

Ever since I lost those 50lbs or so a few years ago, I've kind of been hovering between 210-218 or so. Better than getting back to 250-260+, but I still want to get to 180 or something one day. I stopped getting Blue Apron. It started to feel like a chore to cook three times a week.

Now, I've started making kale smoothies for breakfast. That is pretty new to me and I'm liking it for now.

I planned to be pretty transformed for South or East, but I doubt that happens for this year.

I got an Up24 for Xmas. I guess it is similar to a Fitbit in a way? Haven't opened it up yet.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I, too, have been pretty stagnant. I have a goal that I made public to my Extra Life crew (it was tied to my fundraising goals for next year), so I'm committed to losing (and keeping off!) 30 pounds this year. It's early, but I'm down 7 so far. Hitting my goal will put me at 210, which is exactly where I plan to stay (any less and I start entering "too skinny for my build" stage, and I'd rather not look that way). So here's hoping I am down to around 225 for PAX. It's a stretch (particularly since I'm not really exercising at this stage - just changing eating habits), but I hope to introduce that again in the future.

Hope everyone else is well - always hoping my fellow PAX fitness crew is still fighting the good fight!

Just getting back to the gym this week after getting lax over the break.

Yea, the holidays ruined me. I was in a good groove and then BOOM.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Hey! This is a thread! I should... get on this train.

I was doing okay, but then I also got fucked by the holidays. I was going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I really enjoy doing BodyPump and using the punching bag. But lately my work schedule has made it so I work whenever there is a class and my the punching bag at my gym vanished :/
    Food-wise, I do not like counting calories. I hate figuring that shit out. I am better at just telling myself to stop eating when I am full. When I consistently do that for a week I start to eat less over all. I also probably should drink less beer.
    I would be happy to lose 10lbs by East! My ultimate goal is to get down 30 lbs.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Yea, the holidays ruined me. I was in a good groove and then BOOM.

So glad AUS pax is at the end of the year before the break instead of just after it like South.

-4.6kg this week.

Trying to hit the gym everyday. Got my cousins wedding at the end of Feb.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    @TabooPhantasy - have you tried MyFitnessPal? It has barcode scanners, most every food item is in there and searchable as well, and it's pretty quick to get in and out. Also, it's free. It might be useful to track the food for a week or two to see how much "eating until full" can be from a calorie perspective. It certainly opened my eyes (I think one of my first days was like 4,500 or 5,000 calories. And that was on a day where I was wasn't eating TOO terribly).

Yeah, I used it for a little while and just hate trying to figure out calories on shit that I cook at home.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Any try out T25? I feel like bailing on P90x3 already after one go through with it (admittedly, I didn't push as hard as I should've).

I still have to open and check out my up24 bracelet thingy.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I went to Judo for the first time since 2012. My body was not ready..

I forgot to post about this before East, but I went to buy new jeans for PAX and had dropped a size!
    I'm in a size 12 now, which is something I haven't fit in to in at least 10 years!

I haven't lost a ton of weight (about 10 lbs overall), which I expected because I do mostly weightlifting, but I didn't realize I'd lost that much fat!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Quit the gym I had to drive an hour to get to (which I haven't been to in a month anyway) and signed up for daily classes at a new local one just around the corner from me. Just completed my first week.

-5.8kgs.

And I'm only now taking my eating seriously, so hopefully those classes will pay off.

Also been getting up Sat/Sun and going for a jog.

Eating is a HUGE part of losing weight. I changed my habits in 2013 I believe and I dropped a ton right away. You have to want it bad enough.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Hey Everyone! I'm starting my fitness journey and hoping to lean on you all for encouragement and support. I'm not expecting to change my eating habits overnight, or workout until I turn in to a swivel stick...I want to get healthier for me and feel more comfortable in my skin. I'm thinking of just starting off walking, more than I do now which according to the fitbit that's still sitting in the box on my coffee table is none, and taking a yoga class. One of my biggest problem is snacking...I've always had a problem with it...I just munch munch munch all day long! So any suggestions on more filling snacks would be appreciated. Thx!

Right now, my current snack is either a banana, strawberries, 6 Triscits + hummus, or mostly any Kashi bar (current favorite).

I have been using a Jawbone Up24 for maybe a month or more now and I am liking it a lot. It tells me to meet my goal, I need to eat 500 less calories than I burn each day. Yea, some days you might not fully hit your goal, but just keep at it. Walking is definitely a good start. Just keep walking and then walk some more. Once you can get pretty far, I would try to run. You don't need to run all day, every day. Say, choose a spot while walking, run to there. Did you do it? Awesome! Why not do that next time, but push further? Do that a few times on a walk and you can build up what you can accomplish.

Eating is definitely a HUGE part of getting in shape. If you need to snack, just snack on the right things. Right now, I would say dump all junk food you own. If you have something bad in the house, you are bound to eat it. We have all been there. Trust me.

Everyone here is super friendly and always looks to help each other. If you have questions, just ask. Someone will be along to help you. And we believe in you!

bYf6vNQ.png
    I started Lite n' Easy eating plan and that helped me a lot with the eating side of things, with decent weight-loss as a bonus.

Just had my PAX and was still around 15kgs over what I was last year, but I plan to be much better for next years show.

I like the lite n' easy...we don't have some of those ingredients here, like "weet bix', but I'm guessing that its sorta like a shredded wheat square...which are pretty good. I will definitely be walking a lot. My goal is to be able to build up enough stamina to run a mile by the end of the year. Thanks for the suggestions and I will keep posting my progress.

• UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Didn't realise how unfit i was until i was walking the convention floors for 3 days, Definitely going to get on board with this and get myself back into shape for next PAX AUS.

I have had a fitbit for ages but not alot of people to push and drive me, so hopefully posting here and getting some fellow fitness people engaged will help me >.< https://www.fitbit.com/user/27FDZX <-- My fitbit profile.

UseR2006 on
    "I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

I have my Fitbit set up, https://www.fitbit.com/user/2YYVX8 and joined the community group "PAX".
    I did a good clearing out of the pantry...lots of crap foods, sad, but hey the food pantry will get some treats to stock their shelves, so it's a win win.

I bought Zumba WP for some fun gaming exercise, since it's going to rain tomorrow I'll give that a go. Hopefully I'll make it through a couple of songs before I collapse. Wish me luck!

• Slylou123Slylou123 Pin Lover MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I was 250lb a year ago, currently at 165, very happy with the change.
    Going to the gym 5 times a week, low carbs, high protein, lots of cardio

Edit: Also thinking aboit getting a Fitbit...should have on black friday. Any sugestions?

Slylou123 on
    Slylou123 wrote: »

Edit: Also thinking aboit getting a Fitbit...should have on black friday. Any sugestions?

Way to go! Your success is amazing, I can only hope I have half the results you've been able to achieve.

I got my first Fitbit, Flex, last year. I didn't like it, it didn't have a lot of features like auto sleep detect, stair counter, etc. I didn't end up using it. I now have a FB Charge, which I find has more features, and having the information display right on the face is very helpful. The Flex does have a display but it just shows dots, not numbers.

The FB Charge HR has a heart rate monitor built into it, and is an upgrade from the Charge. I don't know much more about the CHR. One big thing to know is that the bands on the Charges are not changeable and come in standard sizes of small, medium, large and extra large. Make sure you get the right size.

Went on a Halloween 5K and it was rough after having not exercised in a while. Trying to buy a house and stressing is making it worse, so hoping to close on the 11th and start back with exercising regularly. Despite planning to wear a Definitely not-flattering jump suit to PAX East, I'm still using the con as a goal date :P

Slylou123 wrote: »

This is basically me....well, what I want to do. I was 250lb some time ago. Still in the 205-218lb range (currently 216lb). While I want to lose a bunch more, I just don't see myself doing a gym 5 times a week. I play hockey 1-2 times. I need to DDR again all other days. I usually hit my 4k or so steps per day.

But yea, sorry group. I've been slacking a bunch. New job. Gf. The works.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Well since your bump reminded me of this thread, happy to report I'm down another 2kg's this week.

At the moment all I'm doing is the Lite n Easy meal plan (1500cals) with an occasional walk in the mornings. I'll return to the gym closer to AUS, but for now my money is going towards the food.

redfield85 wrote: »
    I need to DDR again all other days.

That was my same thought too, I've been doing that for the past few weeks. I changed jobs recently, to an even more seditary one, which is so not good for me right now...ugh!

I'm still stickibg to a low fat high protein diet, but it's a struggle every day. I'm really hoping to see some results soon.

Same as the rest - hubby/gym partner got a new job, bought a house (does moving boxes count as cardio, b/c I'm counting it), and was working a ton. I'm just glad PAXEast is a little later in the season so I have more time to get back in gear and be ready for 3 nonstop days :D glad to see some activity here.

Soooo, how has everyone been doing? Not to well myself...I have been slacking big time. But tomorrow is a new day and I have to get back at it. Good luck to everyone!

At the moment all I'm doing is the Lite n Easy meal plan (1500cals) with an occasional walk in the mornings. I'll return to the gym closer to AUS, but for now my money is going towards the food.

This man is a liar and a fraud!

This man is a liar and a fraud!

LOL! No need to beat yourself up, just get back at it.