As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, October 30, 2015 - Stirring the Pot

2»

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    There is a real Pavlov effect going on here. Every time I see a darkened panel I cringe--awaiting the poor fate of a cartoon.

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Calling it now, Dad dies new "mom" sends Fred to "camp"

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    It is totally normal to feel bad about the fate of completely fictional characters. :[

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    Ah please don't have Fred have killed someone with food poisoning..and screw the new wife if she sent him away, he's awesome and actually inspiring me to cook IRL as I currently live on frozen entrees.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure why I read this anymore. Not that it's bad or anything, but there is clearly a far deeper purpose to it other than entertainment. Something cathartic, maybe?

At any rate, it's gotten to the point where I get upset at the fact that the horribly selfish behavior represented *actually exists* in this world more often than I get a laugh. And maybe that's the point.

It's a good series, and it's worth continuing. But I'm not part of your demographic anymore.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    @metroidkillah Our primary goal is to just tell stories that we hope will be entertaining. We try to strike a balance between funny/tragic/happy/sad, and that sweet spot is probably different for everyone.

AdamRW on
  • Options
    I've said it before, but while their pasts are tragic, they have found people that want them. And that makes me happy. Steve and Steven (the best duo). Tanner and Fred. Malachi, Seventeen, and Brian. Etc.
    It's sad sometimes, but it's also funny and touching. It's a happy sadness.
    Look at "Do" that's an amazing comic.
    Or the one when Malachi finds his way back after Seventeen and Brian light the bonfire. The name escapes me, but that one is great.
    I don't know, sometimes feeling sad is nice.

• Options
    SpeethSpeeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I feel bad posting this in the current Camp thread, but I'm not sure where else it would get seen.
    I just tried to go to skadicomic.com (I know it hasn't updated yet this week, and yes, I did the same thing a day or two ago, but that "might as well check anyway" impulse is strong in this one...), and I was shocked to find that it redirected me to an ominous unformatted page saying my IP had been blacklisted. What's up with that? Has Skadi deemed me unworthy of gazing upon her sumptuous beard? Did I do something terrible in the 24 hours since I last checked the site? How can I regain the favor of my dirty dastardly deity?
    @KatieJRice @adamrw do y'all know anything about how this works? Or who I should ask instead of you, since you artsy types have more important things to worry about, like making more wordpictures for us to readlook with our eyebrains?

Speeth on
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Speeth wrote: »
    I feel bad posting this in the current Camp thread, but I'm not sure where else it would get seen.
    I just tried to go to skadicomic.com (I know it hasn't updated yet this week, and yes, I did the same thing a day or two ago, but that "might as well check anyway" impulse is strong in this one...), and I was shocked to find that it redirected me to an ominous unformatted page saying my IP had been blacklisted. @KatieJRice What's up with that? Has Skadi deemed me unworthy of gazing upon her sumptuous beard? Did I do something terrible in the 24 hours since I last checked the site? How can I regain the favor of my dirty dastardly deity?

Uh...whoa. That's super weird, and the first I've heard of that happening to someone. The site was having major problems last week and I had to get outside help to fix it, but I was under the impression all was back to normal. I definitely don't want anyone blocked from the site. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to get it worked out before this week's update!

• Options
    SpeethSpeeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    KatieJRice wrote: »
    Uh...whoa. That's super weird, and the first I've heard of that happening to someone. The site was having major problems last week and I had to get outside help to fix it, but I was under the impression all was back to normal. I definitely don't want anyone blocked from the site. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to get it worked out before this week's update!

Thanks Katie! You're the bestest! (...and I'm glad to hear I haven't been shunned for some terrible misdeed of which I have no recollection!)

EDIT: If this helps, here's a screencap of my punishment.

5pyy15osqruf.png

Speeth on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    For what it's worth (nothing), I just checked it on my PC and phone, both on wifi and cellular network and Skadi was working fine. It might be that specific IP. You should do a thorough virus/malware scan and make sure you haven't been infected with anything. That blacklisted notice is usually happens when the IP has been flagged the webhosting company as being associated with spam/botnet.

Edit: if you're using a proxy or your internet provider uses dynamic IP addresses, it doesn't necessarily mean it's on your computer, just that IP was flagged.

briguy on
  • Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    For me the camp name feels Canadian. So I conclude without evidence or anything else to back up my claim that the camp is in Canada.

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Katie is seventeen! Quick someone give her a hug!

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Oh my god. I called it.

• Options
    angel.in.torn.jeans@gmail.comangel.in.torn.jeans@gmail.com Registered User new member
    that is one hell of an evil expression on the dads face,

• Options
    ThesammichmasterThesammichmaster Registered User regular
    When Malichi said "The type that comes in cans" I thought he said "Comic sans"

• Options
    Wait a minuteWait a minute Registered User regular
    I love the constant small details, like the dad not having his ring on in the last panel