As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    So how will hacking and lockpicking be gated since there are no skills anymore?

You still buy the perk and can buy additional ranks to attempt harder locks. These additional ranks require a certain XP level in order to purchase them .

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    PER 4 has the Lockpicking Perk, INT 4 has the Hacking Perk. They're needed to get passed advanced locks/terminals.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It's kind of lame, but it's also the only way to stop me from opening everything.

PLA on
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried being a stealth ninja in Fallout 4 yet?

Sneak sucked in Fallout 3/New Vegas.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

You kidding? Stealth was broken in Fallout 3. ESPECIALLY with DLC.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    I think I'm going the make two characters at the start. One stealth based thief character, the other high intelligence energy weapon user.

Gonna look something like this:

1st character - 3/4/3/5/3/7/3

2nd character - 3/4/3/2/8/3/5

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I hope Mister Sandman is on the radio this time.

Thats a fun one to pop heads open to.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

You kidding? Stealth was broken in Fallout 3. ESPECIALLY with DLC.

It can both suck and be broken at the same time. Bethesda games tend to have environments consisting of narrow corridors and no alternate routes to flank or bypass enemies so the only way to make sneaking skills not worthless is to turn it into super human invisibility. Good for raw power but not really compelling stealth gameplay.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I had initially thought about dumping science/hacking in favor of just lockpicking but I know I'm going to want tons of energy weapon mods too much to ultimately give it up.

But then again...hacking is its own thing now. Bah, I'm getting stuff mixed up in my head in my excitement. Gotta go look up the perks again.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »

via perks.

Based on the descriptions it looks like anyone can try to hack/pick novice things, but beyond that you need levels in the requisite perks.

Yeah, first 3 ranks access the next tier of lock/terminal, the last rank stops you from getting locked out of terminals when you fail, or stops lockpicks from snapping.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    970 is installed and running sharp. 12.5 hours to go!

• Options
    Also - in 90 mins, we'll have just 48 hours to go...

• Options
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    I think I'm going the make two characters at the start. One stealth based thief character, the other high intelligence energy weapon user.

That's basically my plan.

I have a feeling, though, that once I start playing with one character, I'm not going to be able to force myself to switch characters until I'm done with the first playthrough, 80 or so hours later.

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Ninjabear wrote: »

That's basically my plan.

I have a feeling, though, that once I start playing with one character, I'm not going to be able to force myself to switch characters until I'm done with the first playthrough, 80 or so hours later.

We have to specialize more than we did in the past for sure. Even within the ranged combat role this is the first time where being a great sniper doesn't guarantee being a great close to mid range gunfighter and having the ability to access the best base guns doesn't guarantee having access to the most tricked out guns. Wanting all the crits but also all the crafting is complicating my build plans.

I'm leaning towards a 3/4/3/1/4/4/9 start as I want to see what happens if you grab some of the more specialized perks early as well as just the general effect of starting with a really high special stat but I know I'm likely to want to boost intelligence a bit to work with better energy weapon mods.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So is it not a global release at the same time?

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    FYI, there is level gating on perks.

• Options

No, it's midnight local time. So New Zealand gets it first, as its Tuesday first there.

North America may work differently, if on of its timezones is the 'real' launch time.

I'm in the UK so if I trick my PC into thinking it lives in New Zealand, I can play 12 hours earlier.

Mind you, I won't be home from work until 7pm at the earliest, or later if I do some shopping to stock up of food for the next 72 hours.

Mental note - buy fruit, not just beer and pizza...

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular

No, it's midnight local time. So New Zealand gets it first, as its Tuesday first there.

North America may work differently, if on of its timezones is the 'real' launch time.

I'm in the UK so if I trick my PC into thinking it lives in New Zealand, I can play 12 hours earlier.

Mind you, I won't be home from work until 7pm at the earliest, or later if I do some shopping to stock up of food for the next 72 hours.

I assume by a VPN...does that trick steam? I thought your actual location was saved and could only be changed every few months...maybe that's a different service for games, there's quite a few.

• Options

I assume by a VPN...does that trick steam? I thought your actual location was saved and could only be changed every few months...maybe that's a different service for games, there's quite a few.

It redirects your IP via the country in question, so your PC tells steam your computer is physically in that country, hence local Steam.

Using this to buy cheap games is a bannable offence, but not to unlock games you've already bought locally.

• Options
    A guy on Reddit posted a picture of his copy of Fallout 4 - that he bought after a 20 round trip to Germany.

I've got to admit, if not for the costs, the same thing occurred to me.

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular

I've done it before and it worked. That was a long time ago tho so I'm not sure if it's changed or not.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    To the person who worried about Mark not being in - it is !

Marks of the world unite !

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The VPN thing still works, although the last time I did it was for ... Skyrim, I think. I would say it's like Netflix....people travel so they allow regional changes for unlocks. Not sure that it happens enough for people to really care.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Man having this on my computer but being unable to play it is KILLING me

• Options
    I just saw a stream of a guy playing on PC - unless he was in a console with mouse and keyboard.

All PC versions are activated on Steam, right ?

So even a German PC version wouldn't be playable, right ?

What the hell ?

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I just saw a stream of a guy playing on PC - unless he was in a console with mouse and keyboard.

What the hell ?

hack the planet

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options

What the hell ?

Some people hook up consoles to monitors.

Steam Profile
  • Options

What the hell ?

Some people hook up consoles to monitors.

No, he was on PC - all prompts were keyboard shortcuts.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Some PC users have been streaming using review copies, which wouldn't need Steam activation.

Edit: lol glitches

Suriko on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Hah. Gamebryo has never done water stuff well. You can still ride a horse across the seas in Skyrim, even with the game fully patched.

• Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Hah. Gamebryo has never done water stuff well. You can still ride a horse across the seas in Skyrim, even with the game fully patched.

Obviously, they're specially trained water horses !

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Fallout 4 isn't on Gamebryo

its on the TotesnotGamebryo Engine™

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Took me six long years but I finally found them all:
    dOJdAeM.jpg

Had to use a guide to find about 40% of them and I had to console the raven rock one to me since I missed it so its kind of a half baked victory but hey, I did it!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular

Which is why having a good third of the map being water seems... unwise.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Fallout 4 isn't on Gamebryo

its on the TotesnotGamebryo Engine™
    It's definitely not two Gamebryos duct taped together.

I swear.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    GRAAAAAAHHHH

Ran into the nastiest, run-wrecking bug. :(

Veronica bugged out at the BoS bunker; first time visiting it. She walked over to the intercom, then went into a speech loop. Couldn't interact with her or the com. Okay, fine; fast travel. Still bugged. Okay, fine; go to Lucky 38, forcibly dismiss her. She hangs around in Freeside, and cannot be interacted with at all.

Okay... go back to BoS bunker. Dialog ensues to begin the BoS quest chain, but when the dialog ends my character is frozen. Can't move, can't do anything aside from rotate in place and use Esc key menu.

...I've been trying to work around this for hours, and I'm giving up now.

Booooo!

(In fairness, I started the BoS quest chain waaay too late)

sounds like it's time to just console command reset the quest, or advance it to the next step.

This worked! Thank you!

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    GRAAAAAAHHHH

Ran into the nastiest, run-wrecking bug. :(

Veronica bugged out at the BoS bunker; first time visiting it. She walked over to the intercom, then went into a speech loop. Couldn't interact with her or the com. Okay, fine; fast travel. Still bugged. Okay, fine; go to Lucky 38, forcibly dismiss her. She hangs around in Freeside, and cannot be interacted with at all.

Okay... go back to BoS bunker. Dialog ensues to begin the BoS quest chain, but when the dialog ends my character is frozen. Can't move, can't do anything aside from rotate in place and use Esc key menu.

...I've been trying to work around this for hours, and I'm giving up now.

Booooo!

(In fairness, I started the BoS quest chain waaay too late)

sounds like it's time to just console command reset the quest, or advance it to the next step.

This worked! Thank you!

console commands are so so useful in bethesda games, you almost always run into at least one situation in a run that can't be fixed normally.

without them your only hope is to have a save just before the bug.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    After Borderlands ate my save game, I have an auto archiving program backing up my save game folder. It's the only way to be sure.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Hate Newspapers stream is back up again. Although why stream if it's pixelated to hell and back like that. Performance at least looks quite nice.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I was fine with streams of console versions, but a stream of the PC version when the game is pre-loaded on my PC and being held hostage by Steam just makes me sad.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
This discussion has been closed.