As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SECRET SATANS 2015: WE DID IT. 10/10 PERFECT GIFTING ALL AROUND!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in Social Entropy++
Welcome to Secret Satans 2015. Hail Satan!

SIGNUP deadline: November 14th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: January 31st, 11:59PM EDT. Your gift must be received by this time!

It's that time of year again! In the spirit of the season I'm going to steal a bunch of wisdom from Neville and Usagi, who have helped run this shindig in the past:

RULES
1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:
Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2015@gmail.com with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER

Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS
Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Example email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: Yes
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

As always, if your gift isn't received by the gifting deadline (January 31st), you will be banned, no exceptions. Once you receive your gift, you are required to post that it has been received. Please do this within 1-2 days of receipt.
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

1. Brolo
  2. . (Plut)
  3. Jimbobthemonkey
  4. Slacker71
  5. godmode
  6. Naphtali
  7. TheRoadVirus
  8. Bucketman
  9. Lost Salient
  10. Veldrin
  11. Penguin Incarnate
  12. #Pipe
  13. Okami
  14. Abracadaniel
  15. RAIJIN QUICKFOOT
  16. Rainfall
  17. Cello
  18. Ceres
  19. Skeith
  20. Nogs
  21. Moriveth
  22. Goose!
  23. mrdoctorprofessor
  24. Platypus Beirut
  25. Schide
  26. Xaquin
  27. Blackhawk1313
  28. Thetheroo
  29. lalabox
  30. Syphyre
  31. KetBra
  32. grobian
  33. Romanian My Escutcheon
  34. Straightzi
  35. Kadith
  36. cabsy
  37. Sheri
  38. neville
  39. Didgeridoo and "a steak!"
  40. bombardier
  41. Rayze
  42. Goatmon
  43. Sassori
  44. Kwoaru
  45. Jgeis
  46. Noggin
  47. Tossrock
  48. Nullzone
  49. Fuselage
  50. DrZiplock
  51. Pizzlestixx
  52. DaMoonRulz
  53. Robert Khoo
  54. Gizzy
  55. Tonkka
  56. Bluedude
  57. Sweeney Tom
  58. tynic
  59. Uriel
  60. Rankenphile
  61. DHS Odium
  62. Virgil_Leads_You
  63. Sir Fabulous
  64. Lasbrook
  65. Perrsun

POTENTIAL IMPS (you can ask these people to ask your Satanee gift-related questions while maintaining some kind of anonymity! Preserve the mystery!) :
Lost Canuck
Psykoma
Nullzone
Zombie Hero
Fuselage
Sassori

Brolo on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Reserved

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    @Brolo you're a hero thank you.

LET THE SATANIC RITES COMMENCE

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Aw hell yeah!!!

get it? hell because satan

broken image link
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I need to not forget to send my email this year.
    So, my sig will link you to my Steam and Xbox profiles, and that will tell you the types of games I like, and give a glimpse to my personality.

I'm also a fan of board games, though I haven't had as much time to play them as I once did.

I am trying to become more fashionable, but I feel like I'm hard to buy clothes for since I like a particular fit in a lot of things.... but if you want to give it a shot I'm generally T shirt size L.

I recently got married, and I'm now starting the house-hunt thing, so that's the big thing going on in my life right now.

I play mostly PC or Xbox One games, but I also have a 3DS (though the L and R buttons are kinda janky so I've been catching up on the Phoenix Wright games since they don't need them :) ) and a PS3.

Really, anything local you have would be super-awesome. I like getting weird things from people all around the world. That's one of my favorite parts of this whole thing.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    There it is! I was wondering when this would pop up

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I was hoping @neville would rise from the grave for this. Thank you St.Brolo, for bringing the magic of Bromas to us all

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Thanks for doing this @Brolo! Gonna start stalking everyone!

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    Neville and Usagi are a little too busy for running Satans this year, but might still sign up. Keep your eyes peeled!

• Options
    All hail King Brolo! All hail Satan!

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

secretsatan2015@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain gmail.com by gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [2607:f8b0:4002:c06::1a].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596 p6si2071130ywd.260 - gsmtp

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Slacker71 wrote: »
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

secretsatan2015@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain gmail.com by gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [2607:f8b0:4002:c06::1a].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596 p6si2071130ywd.260 - gsmtp

I haven't sent it yet but...
    Brolo wrote: »
    secretsatans2015@gmail.com

There's more than one of them thar Say-tans.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Try secretsatans2015@gmail.com , typo on my part.

• Options
    What a stealthy edit that I was led to believe I had the right of it, but no, I had the new info, slipped in.

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Mail resent

This time no error!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I've always found Secret Satans to be rather puzzling.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you mean secret santa things in general or secret satans in particular

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    So excite

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Rolo thank you for running this this year

edit:

Oh, hello good satan...
    I'm reusing most of my spiel from last year, so if you get deja vu don't worry, you're quiet sane. Or observant. Take your pick!

I may add to this post as I think of things to say, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I'm a 32 year old dude living in the Northeast, typical nerdy stuff is fine by me. 6'00'' and fat (typically go 2XL in sizes), no sense beating around the bush there. I'll try just about any kind of music, movie or book you can throw at me. As sacrilegious as this would sound don't worry about getting me any bideo games this year - I have so many from the last few years piled up to play that I'm definitely not for want in that field. If you must, I have a PC, PS4, Wii U and 3DS for current gen stuff. If you get completely stuck for ideas, gift cards would actually be rad. I know I'm leaving this somewhat vague as it is. I could always use another hoodie though (I have a lot of affection for my N7 hoodies, they're nerdy enough to please but not so outlandish that every conversation I have with someone who doesn't know what Mass Effect is feels need to comment on its design).

I know my Amazon wishlist has tons of expensive stuff in it, but don't feel like you have to hold to any of that. Also if you do get something from it but not from Amazon, please make sure you mark it as purchased as I share that list with friends and family members as well. Honestly I'm sure whatever you get me I'll like. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith or Yukira, they know my likes a bit. Thank you very much in advance!

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    you mean secret santa things in general or secret satans in particular

@Nogs

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey Satan!
    I have slaughtered many goats this year in your name and have imbibed the ritual oils as commanded.

Gift stuff
    I run a podcast so if you have a hookup for real good mics and headphones that is cool and appreciated.
    I play ps4 games mostly but also do stuff on steam on occasion. Also I have a wiiu!

Ps4: the_road_virus
    Steam: theroadvirus

If you are buying clothes, I wear a xlt/xxl shirt, 38/34 pants, size 13 shoe, 50L jacket

I like to cook and read and have a bunch of board games and play those for nerd nights with friends.

I like art books for video games

Uhhh I'm an it guy by day

I'm open to trying new things and am generally a fan of most nerdy things. Digital games are preferable to physical unless they're board games and uhhh if you have any questions you can reach out to my sister in law N1tst4lker here on the forums or email my wife (ask N1tst4lker for email address if needed)

I have An Amazon wish list here: http://amzn.com/w/1W7W13A38E6QH

I've got an almost 9 year old named Gabriel who is into legos and star wars and a 3 year old named Charlie who is into Mario and also legos

• Options
    Dear Glorious Satan. I have an Amazon Wishlist here: http://amzn.com/w/19FGWFJR7NKR5

but in general things I enjoy: I just got a 3DS and literally only have Bravely Default as far as games goes, I like beer and tea, and love silly/funny mugs and coffee cups. I play pen and paper RPGs as well as board games, so those are always a good bet, I recently started painting minis for RPGs thanks to last years Secret Satans and can always use more paint/minis to paint. Oh and I collect cool RPG dice as well. I have an Xbox One and a PC, I read comics and have an ipad and a kindle. I enjoy all sorts of books, including comics and with my ipad/kindle combo can get books digitally as well as physically. I also like kitchen gadgets a lot, I love cooking and using my gadgets like some kind of cooking wizard.

Thats about all I can think of. <3 you and HAIL SATAN!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Brolo if you need any vaguely competent help, let me know

Not that I have a lot of competency, but, y'know, many hands make light work and all that

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yes yes yessss, I was getting worried that this wasn't happening.

Time to get listing and stalking aw jeeeah

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Still my favourite forum thing.

I don't know if I'm going to participate this year, mainly because the thing I want most is.. a house. Which I'm unlikely to receive from my satan, and will cut into what I can give my satanee.

Maybe though. We'll see. It's been a couple years since I've been able to, and I miss it!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Still my favourite forum thing.

I don't know if I'm going to participate this year, mainly because the thing I want most is.. a house. Which I'm unlikely to receive from my satan, and will cut into what I can give my satanee.

Maybe though. We'll see. It's been a couple years since I've been able to, and I miss it!

Well, I mean, they could get you a kind of house, I'm sure. Might be too small to actually live in since it might be made of LEGO. But still!

Aaaaaaaand I joined again after taking last year off. Ebaying things in preparation for gifting this year, so I have plenty of cash.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Sadly I will not be able to sign up this year since we pretttty much spent everything on our wedding.

But this has been super fun every year and I hope to be back next year to let the funning continue

Until then, hail satan

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Not to be a dick, but a week is WAY TOO SHORT of a deadline. You gotta extend that shit bro/sister. You gotta let motherfuckers give.

WHY WON'T YOU LET THEM GIVE

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hmmmmm
    ...I'd LIKE to join again but I'm wondering if I'll end up being super busy and compromising on quality/thoughtfulness

Both anathema

• Options
    I always look forward to raining down the horrors of the holidays down upon these forums. This is literally a thing I look forward to every year. I am terrible at giving gifts but I hope that one year I will be able to deliver something amazing to my person.

Maybe this year is the year. Maybe my Satanee is you.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think I will do this this year.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    We gotta have wishlist posts? Okay? Here's mine: http://amzn.com/w/333AVVJHSE629

Does that link work? If it doesn't, I'll tell you this: I wear a men's small and I love Blade Runner.

Hail Satan.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    We gotta have wishlist posts? Okay? Here's mine: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_wishlist_btn

Does that link work? If it doesn't, I'll tell you this: I wear a men's small and I love Blade Runner.

Hail Satan.

that link doesn't work. Go to your wishlist, find the button that says "share this list", copy the link. It should look like this

http://amzn.com/w/1POK3YGBIH6OK

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    We gotta have wishlist posts? Okay? Here's mine: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_wishlist_btn

Hail Satan.

that link doesn't work. Go to your wishlist, find the button that says "share this list", copy the link. It should look like this

http://amzn.com/w/1POK3YGBIH6OK

FINE

THANKS

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Aw crap, I did the same thing in my email. Here's the fixed wishlist url if you're looking for it, future Satan. http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/28SOPV71FIN2U

It's also in my signature.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I AM IN

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't know if I can participate this year!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hello to you, My Satan. This is a post for you.

https://amzn.com/w/1JI9WWSRW1YJI

My wishlist is massive because I just throw anything I might want on it. You could spend forever browsing it and not know what to get. Anything on there would be a success. It is in NO ORDER, it's just kind of thrown together.

I wear an XL shirt unless it runs small, then I need an XXL.

I have PS4, Xbox One, WiiU, 3DS.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I will do this

I will do this thing

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786