As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Automata Kickstarter

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm going to place my guess at 1313.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    The only people I can imagine buying 10 add-on pins are either crazy betting on it being sought after, have a ton of friends that asked them to get them one, or are ebay hucksters trying to make some bucks.
    I have serious doubts any of those are common cases ... If it breaks 2K I'll be just as shocked as TAC.

what about someone who backed for $1000 or $500 just because they like round numbers but because there isn't a tier for those, they are able to get 10 pins on top of the stuff they get at those tiers

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I'm doing the main pin and the add-on. $180 total.

Also, new guess 1131 to fix my duplicate!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    The only people I can imagine buying 10 add-on pins are either crazy betting on it being sought after, have a ton of friends that asked them to get them one, or are ebay hucksters trying to make some bucks.
    I have serious doubts any of those are common cases ... If it breaks 2K I'll be just as shocked as TAC.

what about someone who backed for $1000 or $500 just because they like round numbers but because there isn't a tier for those, they are able to get 10 pins on top of the stuff they get at those tiers

Maybe they'll get 3 hoodies instead? I'm not going to tell you what to guess, but banking on fringe cases seems like an interesting tactic.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ok new official this time for realsies guess is 2400.

Ok dropped back to pin level. I could probably have swung it with 2 add-on pins, but I gotta start putting some money aside for AUS.
    foehammer wrote: »
    at this stage my pin lvl +2 extras will cost $212usd = $285.77aud i cam just justify that but this rate is killing me

$287 now. :(

Pending-KICKSTARTER BR $294.93

ಠ_ಠ

• Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    LetMeIn wrote: »

Maybe they'll get 3 hoodies instead? I'm not going to tell you what to guess, but banking on fringe cases seems like an interesting tactic.

I already guessed and I think the number of people who might have bought more then 3 are not going to change the amount more then a couple hundred but I do think it is going to make up for enough to adjust the average closer to 2 per person, which with 1131 people able to get them, it is putting it closer to 2k

LetMeIn on
  • Options
    guyincorporatedguyincorporated Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    My bet is on 2200 bonus pins. Honestly it comes down to how popular the hoodies are. I just can't tell.

guyincorporated on
  • Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Whoops, I forgot to do my timezone math and the Kickstarter ended at 3am my time.

Ah well, I'll buy it when the series goes up for sale on the interwebs.

And I guess I should throw in a guess on the bonus pins as well. Mmmmm... 1950.

• Options
    Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My bonus pin guess is 2877 because, well why not obviously!

• Options
    KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    400 pins

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    My official guess for the pin contest:

1080 Add-On Pins Sold

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    bravesaturnbravesaturn World's Best Entry Level Employee Registered User regular
    I postulate 1135 add-on pins sold.

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    I'm going to say 1123! Good luck everyone!

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Did Khoo ever mention when the Automata Pin numbers would be reviled?

• Options
    Don't believe so, but they wouldn't have hard numbers until after surveys are done due to the "add-on" nature of Kickstarter.

Pins!
  • Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ahhhhh ok, I forgot the survey. Thank you @orthancstone

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Official guess is 1611 pins!

• Options
    PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Ice cream is lovely, and I always read through an entire thread before repeating things other people already said.

What a wonderful day, isn't it?

Pruncible on
  • Options
    PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    Pin add-on guess: 750

• Options
    GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Was gonna be that guy who goes one less than the lowest but it's probably too low. So I asked the wife and I'll go with her guess :P

My guess is 1372

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    odinson83 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh ok, I forgot the survey. Thank you @orthancstone

Did the survey go out for this? The one asking for your address, etc.?

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    Nah, it hasn't gone out yet. The most recent update says they'll wait until all the money has processed before inquiring (14-21 days).

Pins!
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    It's not too late for this because it's not August 15th yet, right? :)

I'm guessing 1525.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    My pin number guess is: 1212!

• Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

My guess is probably late, but 2037.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I guess 2,080 (arrived at by math, guesswork, and wishfull thinking).

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    My guess is 2,555 add on pins

• Options
    gn0xgn0x Arizona, USARegistered User regular
    Well, it's my own fault for having a baby! My life pretty much had baby blinders on for the last 3 months... what do I miss? A 2nd Kickstarter Exclusive pin (make that 2 Kickstarter Exclusive pins with the add-on) and a Limited Edition Blind Box Merch pin. OY!

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You should've thought ahead, my friend.

"Look, baby, i love you and i want to start a family with you, but in about 9 months im just not going to be able to take care of you AND my pin obsession...you understsnd, right?"

Yeah...I bet she would have......

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Surveys have gone out.

Luckily for @giantry I remembered he gave me some money for one of the add-on pins.. >_>

• Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's been a while since surveys went out, bumping to see if it reminds Khoo of the guessing game.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Yup, I remember... but we still have a few folks that haven't responded. Don't worry!

Some guy.
  • Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @Robert Khoo never forgets

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    He's like Lando, in that regard.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    That's not the reason he's like an elep[No -The Management]

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    THE RESULTS ARE IN!

The final count is....

(drumroll)
    1178 Add-On Pins!

Which makes the victor...
    @Frostbyte !!!

And your prize? A pair of badges (3 or 4 days depending on the show) to a PAX OF YOUR CHOICE. (please send me a PM to "collect" your prize)

We'll be making 1200 total to handle any issues we run into.

Thank you for participating everyone! And of course congrats!!!

Some guy.
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, congrats @Frostbyte !!!!

• Options
    2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    so close but no cigar my was 1105 only out by 73
    and congrats Frostbyte

• Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hot damn, I didn't know this was an actual contest, I thought everyone was just guessing for fun! Congrats @Frostbyte