As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Everything in Dimensions is just at too high of a price point for me to be interested in. For the price of the base game and several boosters consisting that are really quite small I could instead get a modular or some other 1,000+ brick set.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The preorder bonus for the new Lego Marvel game got leaked. Kinda disapointed - it's another Iron Man, this time with a bulky armor piece, despite being a minifig of one of the sleeker models...

18451188635_9940fe847d.jpg

Was hoping for a Coulson or Kamala Khan minifig, since it seems like the only opportunity for one to appear. Ah well. At least they're in game, maybe the custom decal scene will be turning them out. :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Amazon restocked the Tower of Orthanc. I bit the bullet because I don't think I'll ever see it for retail price again in my life. My poor wallet.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    My LEGO police station MOC.

t5SlGEC.jpg

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    They did add hire-a-hero which, while not perfect, does help with some of those cases where you need an ability you don't have.

Dimensions is proving to be the perfect introduction for my 4 year old to console gaming. She already loved Lego, so add in the simple gameplay (she mostly just walks around and attacks things), the interactive nature of the physical toy, and the fact that once we are done with the game we have a bunch more Lego to play and build with, and we have a winning combo.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I only know a few things about small girls that play with lego. The most important is that they love Star Wars ships. Especially the Empire ships.

(sample size is two)

oh h*ck
  • Options
    @THEPAIN73 show us the inside! :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sadly it's not as detailed on the inside as I'd like it to be.

I'm not at home but I can take some photos if I remember tonight.

However, here is an additional photo of the roof.

421efFw.jpg

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm glad to see the reputation of Lego City as a dystopian police state lives on in MOCs.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I'll get around to making a hospital for all the injured criminals my precinct injure or seriously maim.

It's too bad they haven't put out a hospital set since 2006.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hey how long does a support ticket for Dimensions take usually?
    I took over the game for my niece to try and we lost track of the disc at some point so I asked about getting a replacement rather than drive the 6 hours to find it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I'll get around to making a hospital for all the injured criminals my precinct injure or seriously maim.

When you do this, I hope you'll have some crazy laughing face doctor wielding a chainsaw in one of the rooms.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

When you do this, I hope you'll have some crazy laughing face doctor wielding a chainsaw in one of the rooms.

The jester from the upcoming knights line would be perfect for this. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Kroger had microfighters for $8 each. Picked up the AT-AT and snow speeder.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    I remembered!

By @Dark Raven X's request, photos of the inside.
    First floor / release room.
    WKiSrPo.jpg

Processing
    GQFBEQK.jpg

Evidence room, also a tiny little cell for the worst of the worst.
    SL1MGD5.jpg

Finally, interrogation room. I'll need to find a detective.
    SEB7b2s.jpg

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I'm glad to see the reputation of Lego City as a dystopian police state lives on in MOCs.

At first I thought it was supposed to be a stab at the Batwing from the Nolan movies but then I realized there was a police officer inside :(

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't even notice that. I was more just joking about the quantity of police sets. Personally I find them awesome, and playing up cops and robbers is a childhood past time. Hell, I own (and love) Lego City Undercover! But things got a tad ridiculous with the swamp police sets.

I think the Lego Movie joked about this too with Bad Cop and his police alligators.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Guys, guys, this is the best Lego set we will ever see
    12241201_10153303118368403_5606204754525091578_n.jpg?oh=3711c66a4557102d67c3a43ad04da35a&oe=56B96C30

GaryO on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    So great, time to start saving up the $350 for that beauty.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's awesome, but ain't nobody got that kinda scratch.

If I'm spending $350 on legos it's probably on more shelves!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Yeah it's awesome, but ain't nobody got that kinda scratch.

If I'm spending $350 on legos it's probably on more shelves!

the set is very shelf-like, you could put other sets on top of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Are there Lego tables? My Nephew is 10 months or so but my Niece is begging for the Disney Lego sets I figure the best option is a table where the face is comprised of the flat Lego plates and maybe has some netting on the sides for storage.

I swear I've seen these before.

• Options
    There's some pics of the interior here
    w9vgcbst6z87sg2b3jnxqnopwetdvtsv8wtkri-lzoa-wcndfmvhwmlegiot4li--158762.jpg

It's got everything. :O

The minifigs of the 4 guys are actually different from the ones in the Ideas kit too, got the emblems on the arms, some more details, Winston has better hair...

I'm not convinced there's enough space for Ecto-1 in there tho. ;P

Also yep, definitely too long to fit in with the Modulars - you can see the second baseplate under there.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Only place I've seen tables like that are dentist offices.

I would say check out Toys r Us.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

people make them, too. see it pop up on DIY sites fairly often

get some garage sale table, some glue, and some plates and you're 95% of the way there

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I love how the technique for the fire pole is essentially identical to the fire pole in the Real Ghostbusters action figure fire house.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

get some garage sale table, some glue, and some plates and you're 95% of the way there

I'll check Esty. I could probably make one if it comes to that.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    There's a really cool "Pimp Rey's Speeder" contest going on. I bet a few of you would love this:

22412314767_349953836d.jpgRay's Speeder 3:4 view by jabberwokka, on Flickr

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

You could probably make one for cheaper than you'll find it on Etsy.
    A quick search on google brings this up, which looks ideal for what your looking for for 140 bucks.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

You could probably make one for cheaper than you'll find it on Etsy.
    A quick search on google brings this up, which looks ideal for what your looking for for 140 bucks.

Cool beans thanks

• Options
    Damnit, lego! I still need to save for the Helicarrier and the Airjutsu temple and the Sea Cow!

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    The Airjitsu temple does look awesome, and I don't even like Ninjago all that much

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    The Doctor Who extra level in Dimensions is pretty OK, it gave me a little bit of a Day of the Tentacle vibe.

The Hub world is a bit weird at first, because you have to join all the worlds together, and only then will the quest markers appear.

Lego Strax is adorable!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Ok the Tardis easter eggs in the Simpson levels are fantastic
    Cant figure out what the one in Midway arcade is though.

• Options
    There's reports of a new official fix for Wall-E. Switches out the ratchet joint for a ball joint.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Are there Lego tables? My Nephew is 10 months or so but my Niece is begging for the Disney Lego sets I figure the best option is a table where the face is comprised of the flat Lego plates and maybe has some netting on the sides for storage.

I swear I've seen these before.

i made one for my son by gluing 4 green baseplates to an ikea table (lack table?) works like a charm

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    There's reports of a new official fix for Wall-E. Switches out the ratchet joint for a ball joint.

Wait, is there an actual issue with Wall-E, or is this fix just an improvement? I bought a set to give as a Hanukkah gift.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

Wait, is there an actual issue with Wall-E, or is this fix just an improvement? I bought a set to give as a Hanukkah gift.

The neck joint is SUPER loose and it can be difficult to pose his head. Forget about having him looking upwards. I have mine looking at the plant in his hand so it doesn't bother me.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    So I got Unikitty and Kragger. Gollum and scooby doo are next

Jetski vehicles seem kinda worthless.

Also wtf is with unikittys neck? Unstable as hell.

This discussion has been closed.