The Young Justice was Better Thread

1789101113»

Posts

  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    It's always "the future sucks, change it"

    I want to see "hey you're on the right path, keep it up"

    I think Static Shock did this.

    It was pretty awesome.

    Transporter on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited October 2007
    And in JLU...featuring Static Shock.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Well, blah.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited October 2007
    :whistle:

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited October 2007
    In the future, I think Kid Devil will take over Hell and then make a fortune opening it to tourism, effectively transforming from a figure of evil and terror into the lovable mascot of the universe's number one vacation spot.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited October 2007
    I always thought Etrigan had a more lovable look. Plus he rhymes.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    I always thought Etrigan had a more lovable look. Plus he rhymes.

    Etrigan sing along tapes!

    The Disneyification of Hell sounds better and better to me.

    Can't think of what the others would end up doing, though.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I want to know why exactly Clonnor (you heard it here first!) would listen to his 'father', especially since every single other Titan would have stories like New Years day, or the current Justice League storyline. And if it's being kept a 'secret' that will eventually turn one of the future Titans, then how the hells does Tim or Cassie not already know about it?

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I want to know why exactly Clonnor (you heard it here first!) would listen to his 'father', especially since every single other Titan would have stories like New Years day, or the current Justice League storyline. And if it's being kept a 'secret' that will eventually turn one of the future Titans, then how the hells does Tim or Cassie not already know about it?

    My thinking is that something gets messed up in the cloning process. Like maybe Tim added too much Luthor, or some kind of secret spice fell into the cloning tank. Regardless.

    I do think it would be cool to see a story that involves a non-dystopian future that still features conflict. Like, maybe Tim saw himself becoming more like Batman (or his future self) so he gives up being a vigilantie, becomes a detective who's soul purpose is to hunt down other vigilanties and bring them to justice before they cross that line... that would be nifty. Or stupid. Regardless, it would be different.

    That being said, I thought that Titans Tomorrow still did dystopian future rather well, considering how cliche it was. And of course, that was only one side of the country. The other side was still bright and sunny, with the other half of the Titans.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Uh

    that's why there is a Teen Titans book now instead of Young Justice

    because of the cartoon.

    Uh

    I know.

    I don't like that.

    I didn't much like a lot of Geoff Johns' Teen Titans because it seemed like one elaborate excuse to get all the characters from New Teen Titans (or characters like Robin and Wonder Girl who have the mantles of characters from New Teen Titans) together again. I don't want to read a poor imitation of an old, great book that's popular again because of the cartoon. Which is why I prefer the new characters. At least the team kinda has its own identity instead of being essentially the same lineup from ye olde 80s Titans.

    Darth Nat on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Darth Nat wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Uh

    that's why there is a Teen Titans book now instead of Young Justice

    because of the cartoon.

    Uh

    I know.

    I don't like that.

    I didn't much like a lot of Geoff Johns' Teen Titans because it seemed like one elaborate excuse to get all the characters from New Teen Titans (or characters like Robin and Wonder Girl who have the mantles of characters from New Teen Titans) together again. I don't want to read a poor imitation of an old, great book that's popular again because of the cartoon. Which is why I prefer the new characters. At least the team kinda has its own identity instead of being essentially the same lineup from ye olde 80s Titans.

    Totally... because Tim Drake is exactly the same as Dick Grayson... or maybe you should realize that just because a character is older, or related to a cartoon on the Cartoon Network, doesn't mean that there aren't good stories to tell. I mean, Geoff John's freaking PROVED that with his run on Titan's, and you act like that's the reason it sucked instead of the reason it was awesome.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Totally... because Tim Drake is exactly the same as Dick Grayson... or maybe you should realize that just because a character is older, or related to a cartoon on the Cartoon Network, doesn't mean that there aren't good stories to tell. I mean, Geoff John's freaking PROVED that with his run on Titan's, and you act like that's the reason it sucked instead of the reason it was awesome.

    I disagree with this more than I've ever disagreed with anything before. Geoff Johns' Teen Titans succeeded in making a lot of the newer characters kinda lame just so they'd fit in their archetypal roles. The poster boy for this is Impulse, who turned into Kid Flash and was pretty much never the same again. And Cassie lost her personality somewhere during the transition from Young Justice to Teen Titans.

    Several of these characters just seemed like they were thrown on the teem to fill the roles that other characters filled on the New Teen Titans. Does Bart ever do anything really important in Teen Titans other than get shot in the first story arc? 'Cause I can't remember.

    Only some characters got good stories in Johns' Titans.

    Darth Nat on
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Okay...maybe I'm in the minority, but TT #51 was one of my favorite issues in quite some time. (It could be the fact that I took a three month break from comics, and only picked up my favorite titles)

    Oh, well...

    Gigaton on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Okay...maybe I'm in the minority, but TT #51 was one of my favorite issues in quite some time. (It could be the fact that I took a three month break from comics, and only picked up my favorite titles)

    Oh, well...

    Aside from the art I don't think anyone hated #51.

    I know I didn't.

    #52 was good as well.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Okay...maybe I'm in the minority, but TT #51 was one of my favorite issues in quite some time. (It could be the fact that I took a three month break from comics, and only picked up my favorite titles)

    Oh, well...

    Aside from the art I don't think anyone hated #51.

    I know I didn't.

    #52 was good as well.

    Yeah, I do agree that it seems like post-Crisis TT has felt like the "Tim and Cassie" show for alot of issues

    Let's all admit that we all really want to have Miss Martian's hot shapeshifting/telelpathic/intangible babies.
    Even though she is technically asexual

    Gigaton on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Okay...maybe I'm in the minority, but TT #51 was one of my favorite issues in quite some time. (It could be the fact that I took a three month break from comics, and only picked up my favorite titles)

    Oh, well...

    Aside from the art I don't think anyone hated #51.

    I know I didn't.

    #52 was good as well.

    Yeah, I do agree that it seems like post-Crisis TT has felt like the "Tim and Cassie" show for alot of issues

    Let's all admit that we all really want to have Miss Martian's hot shapeshifting/telelpathic/intangible babies.
    Even though she is technically asexual

    and oh god her true form D:

    Furu on
Sign In or Register to comment.