As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Some connectivity issues today

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
I'm getting a lot of "Something went wrong" and other generic maintenance pages. I'm sure there's something big going on causing it, but just in case you're not aware, there you go!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yeah, same except that I am getting exclusively "Down for Maintenence, try again in a few minutes" messages.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Icy is making a monster in the lab and he's needing the electric power to raise it from the dead.

Prepare yourself for the Curse of the Turducken!

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This should improve now. Sorry.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Getting a few more of these today as well, just fyi, seems to have started about 10 minutes ago

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    One in three attempts to access the site over the last two hours has given me the unhappy "oops there is a problem" face.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah it's definitely increasing in frequency as the day is going on.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Four in the last couple of minutes. Refreshing works, though.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    It is beyond Vanilla's control, but we're working on it. There is a bug in our hosting provider's virtualization layer the causes some newly provisioned instances to be unable to communicate with others. This has plagued us since migration to the new infrastructure.

I have the ability to apply a workaround that fixes individual cases such as this one, but I'm leaving the problem in place while I get our hosting partners to investigate it so that they can properly debug the underlying cause. I appreciate all of your patience while we do that!

• Options
    We've applied the workaround so responses should be consistent now. Thanks again for your patience

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    It is beyond Vanilla's control, but we're working on it. There is a bug in our hosting provider's virtualization layer the causes some newly provisioned instances to be unable to communicate with others. This has plagued us since migration to the new infrastructure.

Talk nerdy to me, baby.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Got some connection issues just now (having to keep logging in as well as the overloaded server screen.).

EDIT: Whoops, didn't catch the other thread because I had this post queue'd up to make sure it wasn't a temporary problem. My bad.

Undead Scottsman on
This discussion has been closed.