As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I wish they had hinted at this sooner. I just replayed TP not too long ago. I probably won't be in the mood for a replay for a few years.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I just want to know what gameplay changes there are. WWHD added stuff that would make me consider it the best version even without improved graphics, so I'm interested to see what they'll do to TP.

And what the Wolf Link Amiibo does. Nothing vital, I hope.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I wish they had hinted at this sooner. I just replayed TP not too long ago. I probably won't be in the mood for a replay for a few years.

Well, it was leaked about a month or so ago but yeah...

Luckily I last played through it about 3 years ago so I can't wait.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Ok, how do you do that twitter embedding thing? Free update to Tri-Force Heroes coming including a Fierce Deity Link costume.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    That Linebeck costume is huge. Lets you see what's in the treasure chests at the end of each stage before they're opened.

In single player, this takes all the random chance out of what item you get.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    That Linebeck costume is huge. Lets you see what's in the treasure chests at the end of each stage before they're opened.

It also mean in Random you're gonna get a lot of disconnects.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

It also mean in Random you're gonna get a lot of disconnects.

Good point. If you're chasing a rare material and you see your team mate picking the Linebeck suit you're just gonna nope straight out of there.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The Linkle reveal pretty much made Hyrule Warriors Legends a must buy for me now, and I'm glad that Zelda U is still going to be on Wii U.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Disappointing that it seems like they're doing the bare minimum for the TP HD port.

It's contracted out to a third party dev and being done on the cheap, not like Wind Waker HD, which was done in-house.

• Options
    Probably because Zelda U's development is in full swing now, so they can't spare the in-house team this time.

• Options
    We don't even have all the details on what's been added or changed yet.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    The Wolf Link bundled version seems to be much more common than Majora's Mask was, managed to snag a preorder off Amazon. GameStop keeps resupplying its stock as well.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Ok, how do you do that twitter embedding thing? Free update to Tri-Force Heroes coming including a Fierce Deity Link costume.

squeal

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I haven't played through TP since release. I can't fucking wait.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Disappointing that it seems like they're doing the bare minimum for the TP HD port.

It's contracted out to a third party dev and being done on the cheap, not like Wind Waker HD, which was done in-house.

I can understand the concern but I wouldn't write it off yet. The 3DS remakes of Ocarina and Majora were contracted out to an outside studio (Grezzo) and they turned out just fine.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

squeal

I love that the Linebeck costume lets you sneak a peek at treasure chest contents. It's so fitting for the character.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

While this means there probably won't be huge revisions I imagine they'll still fix most of the quality of life issues like rupee text and such.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    There isn't really anything they could add/change in Twilight Princess that would make me want to buy it again. When they first revealed it, I had a hard time seeing that it looked any different from the original. Yes, the head-to-head showed that it does indeed look a lot crisper and some of the textures are better, but... it's not a big leap. If I wanna play it again I can just get my copy back from my brother. It's cool that they're making it, though! I'm happy for the folks who are excited about it.

• Options

While this means there probably won't be huge revisions I imagine they'll still fix most of the quality of life issues like rupee text and such.

Oh god I hope they fix that. But since it made a repeat appearance in Skyward Sword I'm not ruling out the possibility of it still being there. Nintendo has a way of being amazingly tone deaf at times.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options

Oh god I hope they fix that. But since it made a repeat appearance in Skyward Sword I'm not ruling out the possibility of it still being there. Nintendo has a way of being amazingly tone deaf at times.

Did Wind Waker HD have it? I don't remember.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    urahonky wrote: »

Did Wind Waker HD have it? I don't remember.

No but Wind Waker never had that problem to begin with. It's something new they treated us to when the Wii came along: excessive tutorials and hand holding.

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    True. However, I think the problem is that you were turning the game off.

• Options
    The problem is not me turning the game off. The problem is that they made it reset when I turned the game off.

• Options
    The problem is not me turning the game off. The problem is that they made it reset when I turned the game off.

Man I disagree. You should be sitting there the entire time playing the game end to end with no breaks.

Would be interesting if that's what happened during the final tests before it went out... They had the testers just pause the game and go home and come back so they never ran into the situation.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The Linkle reveal pretty much made Hyrule Warriors Legends a must buy for me now, and I'm glad that Zelda U is still going to be on Wii U.

I didn't see the direct, Linkle's going to be in the WiiU version too, right?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I didn't see the direct, Linkle's going to be in the WiiU version too, right?

I would like to know this so, as I am unsure if i should get the 3DS or WiiU version

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    According to this: http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/hyrule-warriors-version-1-7-0-update-classic-tunic/
    You’ll be able to transfer the new playable characters from Hyrule Warriors Legends to Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

But that sounds like you have to own the 3DS version. I'm guessing they will be available eventually as DLC, though.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Worst case scenario, I'll get the 3ds version from GameFly and transfer the characters over. Unless the 3ds version is for new3DS only...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Worst case scenario, I'll get the 3ds version from GameFly and transfer the characters over. Unless the 3ds version is for new3DS only...

Or unless it's like, there's a code in the box that might be used up...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

This is a good idea.

Or unless it's like, there's a code in the box that might be used up...

Maybe, but your 3DS can talk to the WiiU so it's possible it's just a wireless transfer.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I thought they said before that there would be a code in the box?

As for TPHD, TP is probably my favorite 3D Zelda, but I only have the Wii version. I've wanted to try the GameCube version, but never could; now I can, and in HD -- possibly with improvements!

So yeah, I'm good.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    There almost certainly will be a code or something. Nintendo is weird about that kind of stuff. Like the free Ganondorf skins that only required you to have a Club Nintendo account but you had to do all this crazy opt-in stuff and jump through way more hoops than you should have to get it.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I will not be dissuaded from referring to her as "Linkelle".

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It's been confirmed for a while that the new characters would be in the Wii U version via using a code in the 3DS copy.

It just remains to be seen if they'll also offer them up as DLC as well. At least they frickin' better.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    They made a character out of the bug lady from Twilight Princess. All bets are off now.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I think that is totally Error, but I think he's wrong about the skinny guy. I think it's this guy:
    Town_of_Saria.png

Maybe there are more Zelda 2 villagers in the cutscene we didn't see.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Hats off to Gamexplain for never failing to wring 5 minutes of speculation out of 30 second of footage.

• Options
    Alvin FoxAlvin Fox Registered User regular
    For people already playing, that Linebeck costume is going to be useless. If it sometimes let you see Friendly Tokens inside of chests instead of regular items that would be something else. But I don't need anything out of chests anymore. I'm not even done with all of the challenges. 3 more in the Sky Realm (if anyone wants to join for two timed runs and the itemless run for the final level).

3DS - 0087 2311 3833
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Alvin Fox I'd like to join in on the timed runs in the Sky Realm!

I'm also looking for someone to help Transport the Orb Quickly in Palace Noir

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog