As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Got some gear, used one of those makeover kits and came up with a new Elder Blurry:
    1ubjyp5cu2d2.jpg

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    @ringswraith yea, I haven't logged into my ranger much, so I didn't make many meat food.

Also finished berserker. My warrior had a ~100 HPs when I got the expansion, but a lot of the HCs are hatred behind mastered, so I've just been following the story.

Edit: Hatred = gated, but same feeling

Feldorn on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Whelp, did a full Tangled Depths hero point clear. Worked out pretty well, so I think I can refine it a bit more and get everyone 11/11 there if need be. Took a bit longer than needed, but I think that could be because of the delays with the Gerent locking us out of the mushroom queen HP.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    So, bit of a weird bug.

Finally got around to trying adventures again yesterday after ignoring them for a while as they always seemed to be locked when I initially found them at release. I did three different ones and each time it would end and I'd get no reward. I'd have done enough to get silver/gold, but I got no wibbly-wobbly chest and nothing dropped into my inventory.

A little annoyed I put it down to them being bugged and moved on. Later that evening I logged onto an alt to process stuff off the TP and as soon as I hit the "Take All" button on the TP a stream of wibbly-wobbly chests appeared. I was a little confused, so clicked one to see what it was and lo and behold it was an adventure reward, all of them one after the other popped up.

After a bit of testing it appears that if your TP delivery box is full (100 separate items/stack) for some reason your adventure rewards don't pop up until you empty it.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Interesting. That says a bit about how they chose to implement adventure rewards and (probably) deferred rewards in general. Each account probably has a database-backed queue of "pending" items, tuples of (source, item-id, quantity). It would make sense to use the same architecture for all of that since it's really the same functionality whether it comes from the trading post or elsewhere. The client probably only fetches the latest 100 items in the queue for performance. They should probably document the limit or allow filtered polling.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    According to reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3swjdx/daily_hp_chests_can_be_opened_in_different_maps/

"Daily HP Chests Can Be Opened In Different Maps For Map Specific Currencies. For example, you can do a bunch of daily HPs in Verdant Brink, zone into Tangled Depths, open all your bouncy chests, and you will receive leyline crystals."

This is useful to know! I certainly don't need more airship parts!

EDIT: Also, apparently someone found a counter-intuitive workaround for the Guild Puzzle rewards:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3sw23k/solution_guild_puzzle_bug_i_find_a_way_to_get_my/
    "[Solution] Guild Puzzle bug, I find a way to get my reward every time.

My trick is log out and log in, re-enter the puzzle, stay at entrance BEFORE you guild mate enter the final chest room.
    As a result, people who stay in the final chest room will not get their rewards, but the people who stay at the entrance will get the guild token and rewards.
    Me and my guild mate are accidentally dc during the guild puzzle. We have no choice but only stay at the entrance. However, we both get the rewards at the end while the rest of my guild mate got nothings.
    For science, we try again, when my guild almost finish the 2nd guild puzzle. My party decide to re-log and stay at the beginning. Again, we got the guild token while others did not.
    Therefore, my suggest is : When the final chest room open, no on go in. Left one people stay at the end and others re-log. When everyone are re-enter the guild puzzle, enter the final chest room.
    Image to show i get 2 puzzle rewards"

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Oh, just a heads up for anyone that is working on the Tyria World completion achievement for the mastery point. Make sure to save a city or low level zone to finish the achievement off. I did it a few days ago and had Frostgorge Sound as the final zone that i completed, I didn't get the chest for the zone, but I did get the other stuff. I don't know if this is a bug or intentional design (if it's intended, it's pretty shitty design).

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Oh, just a heads up for anyone that is working on the Tyria World completion achievement for the mastery point. Make sure to save a city or low level zone to finish the achievement off. I did it a few days ago and had Frostgorge Sound as the final zone that i completed, I didn't get the chest for the zone, but I did get the other stuff. I don't know if this is a bug or intentional design (if it's intended, it's pretty shitty design).
    It's a bug. Once you hit 100% world completion, rewards for zone completions stop showing up. :(

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    According to reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3swjdx/daily_hp_chests_can_be_opened_in_different_maps/

"Daily HP Chests Can Be Opened In Different Maps For Map Specific Currencies. For example, you can do a bunch of daily HPs in Verdant Brink, zone into Tangled Depths, open all your bouncy chests, and you will receive leyline crystals."

This is useful to know! I certainly don't need more airship parts!

EDIT: Also, apparently someone found a counter-intuitive workaround for the Guild Puzzle rewards:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3sw23k/solution_guild_puzzle_bug_i_find_a_way_to_get_my/
    "[Solution] Guild Puzzle bug, I find a way to get my reward every time.

My trick is log out and log in, re-enter the puzzle, stay at entrance BEFORE you guild mate enter the final chest room.
    As a result, people who stay in the final chest room will not get their rewards, but the people who stay at the entrance will get the guild token and rewards.
    Me and my guild mate are accidentally dc during the guild puzzle. We have no choice but only stay at the entrance. However, we both get the rewards at the end while the rest of my guild mate got nothings.
    For science, we try again, when my guild almost finish the 2nd guild puzzle. My party decide to re-log and stay at the beginning. Again, we got the guild token while others did not.
    Therefore, my suggest is : When the final chest room open, no on go in. Left one people stay at the end and others re-log. When everyone are re-enter the guild puzzle, enter the final chest room.
    Image to show i get 2 puzzle rewards"

I think I can lend credence to this. When we were doing guild puzzles last week me and another person got left behind so had to stay an the entrance. We received rewards and most everyone else did not. Not sure if anyone who finished the puzzle received the reward.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Fallout 4 has pulled me away for some time.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    So outside of tagging meta events, what good ways to get XP for HoT masteries?

Redo hero challenges? Adventures?

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    So outside of tagging meta events, what good ways to get XP for HoT masteries?

Redo hero challenges? Adventures?
    Some people farm up/kill the spiders south of the Jaka Itzel WP. From this post:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/spider-farm
    Spider farm: 3-4 ppl, 5max.
    REQUIRED GEAR?
    - none, make sure you can tag stuff and have XP gains maximized
    REQUIRES MASTERIES?
    - basic gliding, bouncing mushrooms, in effect you’ll need about 2 mastery points to start….
    South of the Itzel village (north-east of map) in Verdant Brink. You’ll be lookng for atree village…. You can go there walking, or by shrooms from the itzel village WP (should be a shroom on a big planky surface)
    You’ll need shrooms to get up to the spiders, make sure you have the mastery, gliding is a very usefull method of travelling back.
    GOAL:
    You’ll be killing some veteran spiders…. ONLY veteran spiders…. to get XP….
    GAINS
    1 Cycle should kill up to 30 spiders , for 1.5-5k XP a piece giving ~ 45-150k XP (~2.5-3min) a cycle
    This Cycle can be repeated up to 20-24 times an hour (600-720 spiders/hour)
    0.9M XP (no boosters) (5.5 hours for 5M XP)-
    3.6M XP (max boosters) (1.5 hours for 5M XP)
    final results depending LARGELY on your booster use and efficiency:
    1st: _Efficiency_*
    Make sure all spiders have time to respawn…..
    Running circles at full burst with all 25 stacks of might and such seems nice, but it’s a waste: you’ll lose kills/hour….
    In spider farm when over 5 ppl:
    You kill so fast the respawn doesn’t keep up… A circle needs to respawn fully, else you’ll lose out on 1.5-5k XP per spider, this is a LOT
    people might miss tags on some spiders losing out on a lot of XP and you’ll lose out on 1.5-5k XP per spider, this is a LOT
    you’ll suffer loss of killstreak (AS A GROUP)
    Fix: Either all people go ranged and start leisure killing and it will work, but if 1 person in a group of 6 (or more) pushes too much , and a possible loss of over 8-10 spiders a cycle effectively dropping the efficiency per run to 50-65% of what it should/could be…
    Your duration of the rounds will only drop a dozen seconds maybe….
    Gains(?) of being TOO FAST:
    20-24 spiders for 1.5-4.2k EXP (due to killstreak loss)/cycle
    2-4 More cycles/hr (22-26 max)
    440-524 spiders (losing you 75-280 spiders/hour(!))
    24-30K XP / cycle without boosters
    75-90K XP / cycle with ALL boosters
    which will make maximum gain drop to
    0.5-0.6M XP /hour (no boosters) (8.5 hours for 5M XP) and
    1.5-2.1M XP / hour (all boosters) (2.4-3.5(+) hours for 5M XP)
    WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE HOURS GETTING THE SAME AMOUNT WHEN SPIDER-FARMING WITH 6 OR MORE PEOPLE !! SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE 5 OR LESS !!

By and large, it's NOT going to be the XP that gates you, though. It's going to be the mastery points. Also, monster farming is a bit boring, so you can mix it up by doing Adventures (once per day, easy ones are Drone Race, Ley-Line Run in TD, Tendril Torchers, Salvage Pit in VB) or killing HP bosses (using the trick listed before this post, you can switch areas, then open the bouncy chests to get currency from other HoT areas, which seems like a good deal to me). The meta-events seem to give a decent amount of XP, though, and I'm not having too many problems leveling them up. It's a marathon, not a race.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    It's a bug. Once you hit 100% world completion, rewards for zone completions stop showing up. :(

Well that sucks.

Now anyone know a good guild I could look over for building a reaper build. I'm liking it much better than my pet build, but I'm pretty sure I don't quite have the right state mix and might want to look at one or two different skills. 2 points short of having it fully trained, but I suspect that the last ability isn't critical for the build, but I would like to get the weapon for maxing it out.

• Options

Well that sucks.

Now anyone know a good guild I could look over for building a reaper build. I'm liking it much better than my pet build, but I'm pretty sure I don't quite have the right state mix and might want to look at one or two different skills. 2 points short of having it fully trained, but I suspect that the last ability isn't critical for the build, but I would like to get the weapon for maxing it out.
    I thought you get the weapon for starting it, and a piece of armor for maxing it out? Although the armor piece is PART of the Ascended weapon collection for each elite spec, I guess.

Since you get high crit rate without Precision, some folks are going full Cav or Valkyrie or Soldier and running the traits that give you massive crit rate, for great tanking and damage.

Others stick with Berserker and go for maximum Shroud uptime (variation on the older Necromancer Max Shroud uptime builds)/

Power builds are en vogue, but a Condition build also works, because you can get a trait that turns Chill into a Condition DoT.

Lots of options, there.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    @Hahnsoo1 I'm not really wanting to race, and I just want lvl 2 nuhoc lore, so I have plenty of mastery points to get there. Once I have that I'll be content :P

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    PLA wrote: »
    Any nice Europe-servers?

Servers only matter for WvW now, since the entire (continent's) playerbase is assigned maps via the megaserver system. If you are worried about WvW, with the new maps being big you'll want to be on a big server; the current predicted top two for EU are Vizunah Square and Kodash, which are tagged as French and German respectively. After them are three servers just tagged as "Euro", meaning there are probably (as I understand it) mostly English speakers there: Desolation, Far Shiverpeaks, and Seafarer's Rest.

But you should know that WvW is a little wonky right now and the EU rankings might change in the coming months.

Also, high cheese rotation achieved. I don't know if this is MAX cheese, but there's definitely a strong whiff of camembert wafting off it:
    I did this with greatsword and sword/sword, but it would probably also work with greatsword and sword/pistol.

Start in greatsword with mirror blade. They almost never dodge it. As soon as it hits, you'll be in combat, so dodge roll for a clone and hit F5 shatter. Then, hit decoy (this is not required, but it's an instant cast and you'll get it back in a second anyway, so why not) then greatsword phantasm, then weapon swap, then sword phantasm (you'll have time, I've checked). Then your F5 shatter will revert you to where you were. Cast sword phantasm again.

Back in the day when I played phantasm mesmer (when that was still a thing), having three phantasms up meant that you'd basically won the fight. Now, with chronomancer, you can have three phantasms up, AND shatter them, AND get them back, and not only that but their cooldowns will reset, so they'll each hit again ahead of schedule. This is an absolutely stupid amount of damage, and better yet, it's long damage - meaning it takes 4-5 seconds for all of it to arrive. No way they dodge out of all of it.

I tried this on golems in the lobby and couldn't even complete the rotation before they died. I tried it in unranked matches and it was basically a guaranteed win in a 1v1. Chronomancer is the future. Embrace it you heathens.

I'm close to completing the Chronomancer track and was looking for this post. What did you trait lines look like for this build, if I may ask?

This is the build I used: gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8clknha1YZawRNwtGLqGFZAUAFX5EccbTdzGtVLA-TpBFABCcBAEvMQN7P02BBYhjAAAPAAA

But really any build with chronophantasma can do it. (edit: you need evasive arcana too to do the exact rotation)

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    Any nice Europe-servers?

Servers only matter for WvW now, since the entire (continent's) playerbase is assigned maps via the megaserver system. If you are worried about WvW, with the new maps being big you'll want to be on a big server; the current predicted top two for EU are Vizunah Square and Kodash, which are tagged as French and German respectively. After them are three servers just tagged as "Euro", meaning there are probably (as I understand it) mostly English speakers there: Desolation, Far Shiverpeaks, and Seafarer's Rest.

But you should know that WvW is a little wonky right now and the EU rankings might change in the coming months.

Also, high cheese rotation achieved. I don't know if this is MAX cheese, but there's definitely a strong whiff of camembert wafting off it:
    I did this with greatsword and sword/sword, but it would probably also work with greatsword and sword/pistol.

Start in greatsword with mirror blade. They almost never dodge it. As soon as it hits, you'll be in combat, so dodge roll for a clone and hit F5 shatter. Then, hit decoy (this is not required, but it's an instant cast and you'll get it back in a second anyway, so why not) then greatsword phantasm, then weapon swap, then sword phantasm (you'll have time, I've checked). Then your F5 shatter will revert you to where you were. Cast sword phantasm again.

Back in the day when I played phantasm mesmer (when that was still a thing), having three phantasms up meant that you'd basically won the fight. Now, with chronomancer, you can have three phantasms up, AND shatter them, AND get them back, and not only that but their cooldowns will reset, so they'll each hit again ahead of schedule. This is an absolutely stupid amount of damage, and better yet, it's long damage - meaning it takes 4-5 seconds for all of it to arrive. No way they dodge out of all of it.

I tried this on golems in the lobby and couldn't even complete the rotation before they died. I tried it in unranked matches and it was basically a guaranteed win in a 1v1. Chronomancer is the future. Embrace it you heathens.

I'm close to completing the Chronomancer track and was looking for this post. What did you trait lines look like for this build, if I may ask?

This is the build I used: gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8clknha1YZawRNwtGLqGFZAUAFX5EccbTdzGtVLA-TpBFABCcBAEvMQN7P02BBYhjAAAPAAA

But really any build with chronophantasma can do it. (edit: you need evasive arcana too to do the exact rotation)

Deceptive Evasion?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Any nice Europe-servers?

This link doesn't work for me for some reason.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    I've decided to take a principled ethical stand on PVE. I'm going to refuse to do it unless it's with at least one other person that I know well.

That said, the PVE in this expansion is really good. I'm mostly (almost entirely) a WvW player, and I guess it helps that WvW got the shaft, but I find myself actually doing the content that I would never otherwise do and not hating it.

I'm going to quit if they don't at least acknowledge that WvW exists as a game mode by dec 15th though. (arbitrary date.) I mean, i'll take anything, any little fix. Making sure that the EOTM supply is the right color for your spawn. Making the outfitter actually sell outfitter stuff instead of siege. Marking the repair person appropriately. Having camps cap correctly. Removing just a little bit of lag in the sky hammer event. Letting me use the squad UI for my entire raid. At this point I'll even take a dev forum post telling me to suck it up and deal with it.

If they don't? Well. I have 6,000 hours and zero regrets.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    guild mishies tonight!

the good news- Guaranteed results. None of the objectives are broken this week!

The bad(great) news. We will be doing a whole lot of wvw. A whole lot....

I will get you rewards and results! Aint no bugs with these! just good clean guild mishie rewards!

Tonight! 8 est!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    I had a weird thing happen on Sunday night, as soon as I logged in I got a guild rush chest pop up even though I didn't participate in any missions yesterday. I did participate on the guild rush last Monday, but it wasn't on the same character as I got the success pop-up. Anyone have something like that happen to them?

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    I had a weird thing happen on Sunday night, as soon as I logged in I got a guild rush chest pop up even though I didn't participate in any missions yesterday. I did participate on the guild rush last Monday, but it wasn't on the same character as I got the success pop-up. Anyone have something like that happen to them?

Yes, a bunch of people. Here's our current working theory: if you came to our unsuccessful rush on Monday, you got secret hidden personal credit that was just waiting for our guild to succeed the event in order to give you your reward. When that happened on Sunday, you got a chest the next time you logged in.

We don't know if that's the real reason, if it's intended, or if it's bugged, or whatever. But......yay?

• Options
    I know people have been advertising TD HP runs this past weekend, but is anyone doing VB or AB runs still?

I'd love to finish out my Scrapper and Reaper, and then I'll be done with elite specs for the time being (at least until I figure out what I want to do with my revenant). And I haven't been to TD on either char so I have a feeling joining a TD run would just make it difficult for the organizer(s).

Meanwhile, slowly working my way through LS2 to get the stuff needed for Mawdrey. If I'm not mistaken, I just need to finish these chapters, right? I don't need to get any achievements?

• Options
    veritas1veritas1 Registered User regular
    Well, I'm back into this. I tried out the new Daredevil thing on Honey Marzipan, and I definitely feel a little lost in the new expansion. So I'm starting up a new level 1 Revenant named Salt Marzipan! Hope we get some wub wub love soon!

• Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I was
    I know people have been advertising TD HP runs this past weekend, but is anyone doing VB or AB runs still?

I'd love to finish out my Scrapper and Reaper, and then I'll be done with elite specs for the time being (at least until I figure out what I want to do with my revenant). And I haven't been to TD on either char so I have a feeling joining a TD run would just make it difficult for the organizer(s).

Meanwhile, slowly working my way through LS2 to get the stuff needed for Mawdrey. If I'm not mistaken, I just need to finish these chapters, right? I don't need to get any achievements?

I would also be interested in another run as I just got my Necro to 80.

I'm also trying to work out some builds for it, but my limitation is I have to use greatsword. Only because I really like the visuals.

At the end of the day though, I still think Revenant is the bee's knees and consider that my "main". Chronomancer is really cool, but after seeing some of our other guildies running it I realize I am not very good at mesmerizing. It takes absolutely zero skill on my Revenant to make sure everyone has the swiftness, might and fury they need. Anything I do in addition to that is a bonus!

• Options
    @ringswraith @Tulabelle about an hour, hour and a half after reset, I'm usually free. If you want me to run through VB and AB just let me know when you're needing it, i'm happy to grab people and charge through it all.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Any nice Europe-servers?

Deceptive Evasion?

Yes.... dunno why I said evasive arcana, got my classes mixed up

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    @ringswraith @Tulabelle about an hour, hour and a half after reset, I'm usually free. If you want me to run through VB and AB just let me know when you're needing it, i'm happy to grab people and charge through it all.

That's what- 4pm Pacific (the reset)? I normally don't get online at least four afters after that, so... yeah.

@Tulabelle what are you running for your revenant?

• Options
    Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular

I would like to do them all - especially with the info now on opening chests in TD to get ley currency!

• Options
    Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    @warder808 I think you won Fashion Wars for the day - those swords look incredible with that setup.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm still doing some Revenant experimenting. Hammer is a must as our only ranged option.

Sword/X is a ton of fun, and combined with Shiro is the best DPS. I really like the utility of axe. Haven't messed much with shield or off-hand sword. Mace is also really cool and I've been debating about going with a Condi build, but as our number one condition seems to be torment I can't decide if it would be worth it.

I've also started playing around with staff to try it out. You can get pretty tanky with staff and #5 DESTROYS break bars. For Tarir south, staff #5 and Glint elite almost moves one egg all the way to the end by yourself.

I was dying a lot (stupid frogs) because I haven't zeroed in on a build so my equipment is all over the place, so I was playing with a Salvation/Invocation/Herald build with staff/hammer and Shiro/Glint. Sometimes I swap out Shiro for Ventari to play with the tablet a bit to see if I like it.

I like to switch around a lot!

Sword/axe, Devastation/Invocation/Herald or mace/axe Corruption/Invocation/Herald. If you are with another Herald, you can even dump Herald and go Devastation/Corruption/Invocation Shiro/Mallyx build which would be my choice if Glint wasn't so damn helpful.

If I could avoid Herald I think the dream would be:

Devastation 2-3-1
    Invocation 3-2-1
    Corruption 3-2-3

...but of course you need Herald (only sort of joking), so swap one of those (remove Dev if you like Mace, Corr if you like sword) for Herald 2-2-1.

I'm not good at the theory crafting, and that is probably more info than you wanted. I've seen a few of us Revenants running around in guild so others may have better ideas. At the end of the day, Revenants can sort of do everything so it it is both a boon and a curse in that I can't make up my mind!

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3szcj4/glitches_with_guild_missions/

A developer response in this thread saying they're looking for more information especially about rush not completing normally. If you guys notice anything you can help out with during missions be sure to send in a bug report!

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Re: Revenant

I feel like Mallyx/Glint condi focused Revenant is far more supporty than straight power. Mace mainhand is amazing, able to single handedly stack a shitton more might, able to apply some condis (Yeah its torment, but condis are condis in pve. Toughness ignoring is great damage) and just more fun than sword. The BIG problem with condis, that I found at least, is that hammer is a straight power weapon. There is no ranged condi weapon for Revenants, so if you don't go power your hammer hits exceptionally weak and there are quite a few fights and phases where not being ranged makes it a huge hassle.

As for builds, your revenant build is exactly like mine with dev/inv/herald.

Right now i'm using sword/shield and hammer. I prefer sword/axe but I just got Glint's bastion, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it. :p I might try out mace/shield for more support (triple blast finisher is stupid good on 3) but right now sword is in a pretty good place for pure damage with how much might you can stack. '

If Heralds get some kind of condi ranged weapon though, I'm going condi in a heartbeat.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Rev with dual pistols that did bleeds and vulnerability would be splendid.

• Options
    If Heralds get some kind of condi ranged weapon though, I'm going condi in a heartbeat.

Shortbow for next elite? Make it so!

In addition to all the stuff I said about Herald being a must, I forgot to mention the heal. I love being low health and popping the heal as I stand in the orange circle, refusing to move. Bam! Full health!

Just be careful about the timing. I've missed more than once.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Re: Revenant

I feel like Mallyx/Glint condi focused Revenant is far more supporty than straight power. Mace mainhand is amazing, able to single handedly stack a shitton more might, able to apply some condis (Yeah its torment, but condis are condis in pve. Toughness ignoring is great damage) and just more fun than sword. The BIG problem with condis, that I found at least, is that hammer is a straight power weapon. There is no ranged condi weapon for Revenants, so if you don't go power your hammer hits exceptionally weak and there are quite a few fights and phases where not being ranged makes it a huge hassle.

As for builds, your revenant build is exactly like mine with dev/inv/herald.

Right now i'm using sword/shield and hammer. I prefer sword/axe but I just got Glint's bastion, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it. :p I might try out mace/shield for more support (triple blast finisher is stupid good on 3) but right now sword is in a pretty good place for pure damage with how much might you can stack. '

Mace Condition Revenant needs to become a thing, but Torment needs a lot of its damage shifted to the non-moving portion for its damage to be decent against non-moving targets.

The damage is really low compared to other condition builds even when you can maintain 25 stacks of might on yourself unless the target is moving.

But if it ever gets buffed, you have a condition build that can group stack full might and provide fury/swiftness/protection on demand with 100% uptime.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I actually just ran an AB run. Love AB.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Who is the local TP baron?

• Options
    I really want to do a Malyx build. Just looks awesome. Will have to think about y'all's posts later.

And damnit, I'll have to do more HP runs for him. Well, he can wait a bit.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Today coVn got the earn 50,000 world experience quest

never before has the game given so many rares to so many for so little

11/16 never forget

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
This discussion has been closed.