As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 4. Explore the Commonwealth Wasteland with Roachie!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So, I just read in an article that the companions have a tendency to pick stuff up, which sometimes leads to them not being able to back up offers to lighten your load. Fortunately they appear to also do this with ammo.

Check your companions regularly, for they are practicing kleptomancers, just like you, but they don't like to talk about it.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I really hope that a mod comes to console that lets me scrap anywhere, and puts everything into a universal scrap inventory.

Only then can Operation Have A Nice Tidy Up truly begin.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I dunno, I've always thought that the armored vault suit look was cool, but it's just so BLUE, that it might be time for a change, yeah.

Fallout Nexus has some colour replacements for the vault suits (and pipboy).

No idea if they're any good outside of screenshots, though.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Oh I've tried that and every other outlandish thing, the radio operator isn't assignable like a regular settler and no one else can be assigned to it. He blathers the "we need to power up the transmitter" dialogue so I guess his scripting got knocked around when his little sit down animation was interrupted by being attacked

Once I thought I had a brilliant idea in killing him so he'd get replaced but naturally he's an unkillable NPC and I'd screwed around so much before trying that I'd accrued a bunch of settlers who immediately gunned me down for assaulting the wastelands most useless dick

Have you set it up properly ? I was stuck on that until I realised you have to connect it all together with wire, as I hadn't done and electrical stuff in my settlements.

• Options
    I'm playing Fallout 3 right now, folks and let me tell you what, this Three Dog sure is a character!

You can actually kill him, apparently, and someone else takes over.

I never did it, as I turned the radio off after a while, so he never got that annoying for me.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    I'm playing Fallout 3 right now, folks and let me tell you what, this Three Dog sure is a character!

You can actually kill him, apparently, and someone else takes over.

I never did it, as I turned the radio off after a while, so he never got that annoying for me.

After some missions, he calls you an asshole no matter how you manage to resolve them.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Glowing sea
    for some deep, visceral reason going off the edge of the map and continuing into the glowing sea to find Virgil was terrifying to me. like, I don't know how to describe it. Here's this map. You've been playing video games your entire life. You will hit an invisible wall and the game will tell you to turn around. Except, no. you crest a hill and there's the children of the atom and you talk to them and they say keep going further south and oh my god I've already fought a deathclaw and four radscorpions and nine ghouls all at once and I'm completely out of regular bullets for every gun I own and am down to my last twelve emergency missiles and some frag mines and I have to keep going? Past the edge of the world? fuck that, fuck this game, fuck your spooky radiation storms, fuck this whole slow, ponderous journey I've been walking in my power armor through, fuck my son, fuck these robots, fuck everything I'm going to go live in a baseball field and gay marry Lois lane, peace out bitches

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Modders took 'Atom Bomb Baby' literally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ7Msx9s6WY

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yo the Railroad is rad as all hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    glowing sea
    I feel like I did the right thing when I just booked it as fast I could through there, wearing my power armour, gulping down rad-x and hoping all the Monster Sempais never notice me.

I should probably fast travel back to see the children of the atom, just to explore the camp a little, because I did not linger on the first trip.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I've only just begun and already I can see myself spending far too much time playing this.
    Also what the crap Bethesda I spent a good 30 minutes crafting myself a nice pretty wife and then you go and fucking kill her in the opening???

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ahahahaha the Boston Bugle building
    One of the articles in a terminal describes how Boston is poised to win it's first World Series in over 150 years, and that it could only be stopped by an act of God or some terrible calamity of man.

It was written the day before the bombs fell.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I want to make my character look like Ethan Mars.

I'll do anything to save my son!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    CT1ywVpVEAAwLbh.jpg:large

Bethesda Moment of the day!

Ah, they must be those new type of Yao Guai I heard about the other day, Yao Flai.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I've only just begun and already I can see myself spending far too much time playing this.
    Also what the crap Bethesda I spent a good 30 minutes crafting myself a nice pretty wife and then you go and fucking kill her in the opening???

That's a good point! Speculation:
    Maybe the Institute can replicate your spouse later on using the model you craft in the beginning?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

FWIW
    How you both look influences what your kid looks like.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited November 2015
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I did this last night

Get out of my brain, crazy moon man

Whippy on
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »

I did this last night

Get out of my brain, crazy moon man

ARI, comment: Get out of Whippy's brain

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Press X to SHAUN

• Options
    Press X to JAAAASON

There's an app for that.

No, really.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

FWIW
    How you both look influences what your kid looks like.

My son will be the half-blood prince of the Wasteland.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Idiot savant is one of my favorite perks. It triggered after I completed the Kellogg mission and I jumped 2.25 levels

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i fast travelled to a place and did a bunch of fighting, looting etc and then i triggered a super hard fight and died

so it loaded my last save 30 mins ago

i thought the game quicksaved often, that just killed my urge to play today

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    it's super weird, it quicksaves often... if you're opening your Pip Boy often

I just make a habit of hammering F5 all the time like always

Maddoc on
  • Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular

I tried to make my character look like Mel Gibson era Max, because not only do I get my Mad Max homage, but I can also have him scream GIVE ME BACK MY SON and have my Ransom homage.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Finally went to Diamond City. Guess its time for this plot to kick off! Geez!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This Piper lady seems rad.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I had to step my hat game up significantly once I met Piper

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's just me but the dog seems incredibly ineffective compared to Piper

He was constantly getting hurt because he was literally running straight into the middle of big groups of enemies, but Piper takes cover and takes potshots from a distance

Plus she's in general radder as a companion

• Options
    edited November 2015
    There is nothing cooler than Piper and I crouching through an abandoned building, just taking fools out

She's already my favorite Bethesda companion, not that there were a ton of awesome ones

As far as I'm concerned, it basically goes

Fawkes was great

I don't remember anything about Boone as a character but he was death incarnate in gameplay

and Lydia existed

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Tracking down Kellogg was really cool, as was the thing after you leave at the end.

It feels like they've really focused on improving the main story this time round, and the voiced character helps with that

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    everyone is ineffective compared to Curie

because Curie

owns

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    it's the accent

curie has a perfect accent

• Options
    How are people feeling about the dude voice actor

Cause the lady is excellent

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    The lady is Jack from Mass Effect, and yes, awesome.

The dude... Isn't terrible? Definitely prefer the female voice.

• Options
    Apparently the same guy voices Codsworth and Nick Valentine

So that guy's got some range

He was also Garrett in the Thief games

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Curie is great, because after blowing up a whole bunch of raiders, she says, "I believe we are supposed to file a police report now. And we must gather all these pieces as evidence."

But really, all these companions are so much better then anything Bethesda has done before.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I wish he'd done a different voice for Nick then, because it's the same one half the characters in Skyrim have and it's real distracting

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    I wish he'd done a different voice for Nick then, because it's the same one half the characters in Skyrim have and it's real distracting

Well

vdNMZ6k.png
    He was also half the characters in Skyrim

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

on the one hand, yeah?

but on the other hand, that sort of voice works really well for a hardboiled robot noir detective

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.