As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CODENAMES - Ten games completed! That's all for now.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Shape 1

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Kirindal @Fry
    Square..

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Fan is a shape!

(yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Square)

• Options
    Let's go ahead and contact Square

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Square is blue

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The Blue Team has contacted all their agents and won the game!

codenames_game07_spoiler.png~original
    SQUARE (Blue)
    DICE (Red)
    LITTER (Bystander)
    NOTE (Bystander)
    KING (Blue)

LEMON (Blue)
    POOL (Blue)
    HOSPITAL (Blue)
    SPIDER (Red)
    NEEDLE (Bystander)

ROW (Red)
    GLASS (Red)
    ALIEN (Red)
    EYE (Red)
    CIRCLE (Red)

SKYSCRAPER (Blue)
    WATCH (Red)
    AMBULANCE (Bystander)
    FILE (Bystander)
    DIAMOND (Blue)

MAIL (Bystander)
    TELESCOPE (Bystander)
    FAN (Assassin)
    SCHOOL (Blue)
    BACK (Blue)

The forum version of the game is a strange beast, but it continues to roll on. Looks like I've got six signups so far, so more are welcome for starting up a new game.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !RNG me a spymaster

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Sign me up for the next open game

• Options
    I will continue playing so I can continue to postulate clues such as Quad-AB

• Options
    @Professor Phobos what were you intending with your "Chair: Unlimited" clue?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    still interested

• Options
    edited November 2015
    discrider wrote: »
    What about King Corn?
    I know King ended up being one of our people, but I was really unhappy about this comment at the time it was made, because I thought King was one of the intended targets for this clue. "Corn is King" is a phrase, and also "King Corn" is an award-winning documentary.

Always interesting to hear from spymasters about their intent with various clues - I agree that I'd like to hear what was intended with Chair = Unlimited, whether Diamond Shark was intended, what was up with that "Yarbro" clue, etc.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Fry wrote: »
    What about King Corn?
    I know King ended up being one of our people, but I was really unhappy about this comment at the time it was made, because I thought King was one of the intended targets for this clue. "Corn is King" is a phrase, and also "King Corn" is an award-winning documentary.

Always interesting to hear from spymasters about their intent with various clues - I agree that I'd like to hear what was intended with Chair = Unlimited, whether Diamond Shark was intended, what was up with that "Yarbro" clue, etc.
    I have never heard of either of those things tbh, and had to draw the picture to convey the joke I was trying to push for.
    Had this been in person, I would have conveyed this through the sound of King Corn or chest beating.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited November 2015

So, my understanding of "Unlimited" was that it meant at least one was from before, not only one was a new clue. Chair was meant to get you guys Back and Square, and Unlimited was supposed to get you Diamond as had already been mentioned. I actually contemplated Shark 4 hoping someone would spot the Battletech reference, but I underestimated the nerdery hereabouts.

Anyway, Chair and Square. Square backed chairs, four chair legs makes a square shape, etc. Of course Fan Chairs are apparently a thing and fan was the assassin, so it probably wasn't my best clue.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options

So, my understanding of "Unlimited" was that it meant at least one was from before, not only one was a new clue. Chair was meant to get you guys Back and Square, and Unlimited was supposed to get you Diamond as had already been mentioned. I actually contemplated Shark 4 hoping someone would spot the Battletech reference, but I underestimated the nerdery hereabouts.

Anyway, Chair and Square. Square backed chairs, four chair legs makes a square shape, etc. Of course Fan Chairs are apparently a thing and fan was the assassin, so it probably wasn't my best clue.

Nah, Unlimited is just "Guess until you guess wrong". I interpreted it as 1 because a 2 or 3 clue still allows 3 guesses for our 3 remaining agents. I didn't see that allowing 3 clues and communicating "Guess until you guess wrong" weren't mutually exclusive.

• Options
    Yeah I should have gone with 2 and hoped you guys used the bonus.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    what was up with that "Yarbro" clue, etc.

Once my team got there, and realized the author was correct .. I'm surprised they didn't ctrl-find search all of the words to see if they were in a book title.
    In addition to spider they would have found king, which was already taken, and glass which I was going for.

Basically because Blue Team kept going for 3, I felt pressured to also go for 3.

Also I guess it was a stretch to connect fuzzy dice with rearview mirror, but the cake song immediately came to mind for me - in the land of race car ya-yas. Had red team guessed glass previously, leaving two words left I would have said Geth - 2 for watch and dice, haha.

That was my first time ever as spymaster, so lessons learned!

Gizzy on
  • Options
    I'll resign up

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Rearview and Dice is obvious when you explain it :)

The reason I choose Ambulance is that here in Denmark, and I think most European countries Ambulances are smaller than in the US and do have rearview mirror.

Yeah, about Yarbo, I just looked at her bibliography and somehow missed the Glass title the first time.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    please add me to your list of future spy agents thanks kiss kiss

• Options
    Ambulance was a good guess for Rearview, with the whole thing about "AMBULANCE" being backwards so you can read it in your rearview mirror and all. :)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Yeah, I both dread and look forward to my first chance to be the spymaster.

Not going to sign up again for the next few games. Have a bit too much going on, and don't want to keep holding up the game because I forget to look in on the thread.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    what was up with that "Yarbro" clue, etc.

Once my team got there, and realized the author was correct .. I'm surprised they didn't ctrl-find search all of the words to see if they were in a book title.
    In addition to spider they would have found king, which was already taken, and glass which I was going for.

Basically because Blue Team kept going for 3, I felt pressured to also go for 3.

Also I guess it was a stretch to connect fuzzy dice with rearview mirror, but the cake song immediately came to mind for me - in the land of race car ya-yas. Had red team guessed glass previously, leaving two words left I would have said Geth - 2 for watch and dice, haha.

That was my first time ever as spymaster, so lessons learned!

Yeah, it was very rough us getting two 3 clues out in our first two turns. I thought you played exceptionally well given that.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Looks like conversation and signups have stopped. Let's play!

Start of Game 8

Red Team
    @Infidel (spymaster)
    @Preda
    @Phyphor
    @Zombie Hero

Blue Team
    @WACriminal (spymaster)
    @Egos
    @lonelyahava
    @simonwolf

codenames_game08_t01.png~original
    MILLIONAIRE
    CYCLE
    SWING
    SCUBA DIVER
    SNOWMAN

PALM
    CAPITAL
    DEGREE
    OLYMPUS
    CRANE

AFRICA
    PUMPKIN
    MAMMOTH
    EMBASSY
    OLIVE

FALL
    APPLE
    SOUL
    OIL
    MUG

COLD
    KANGAROO
    SHOP
    SNOW
    PLANE

The Blue Team starts the game; @WACriminal to provide a clue.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @Zombie Hero for broken tag

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Resigning up for the future.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I'd assume: Oil and Mammoth.
    fossil fuels and extinct. First two that come to my mind at least.

And I'm the only one in a US Time zone, yay.

Egos on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    yeah I can agree with that.

I'd go Mammoth first and then Oil.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    That seems like the best two, yes.

• Options
    ok
    Contact Mammoth

• Options
    Have you considered moving to the future and being closer to your team, Egos

I feel it would be the best course of action to ensure our success in this game on the internet

• Options
    MAMMOTH is a BLUE agent.

Blue has two guesses remaining.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Contact Oil

• Options
    assuming this is indeed an agent, want to pass or can you guys think of anything else?
    @lonelyahava @simonwolf

• Options
    I think we don't get any more guesses than the number initially given?

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    OIL is a BLUE agent.

Blue has one guess remaining.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I think we don't get any more guesses than the number initially given?

Number + 1

• Options
    only thing I can find is Fossil Wrist PDA which ran Palm OS. But that really seems like a stretch.

I say pass unless someone has a good reason not to