As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TOURNAMENT ON] Eye of Judgment (ZORAK15 WINS)

Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
Looks like there's some interest in organizing a tournament for Eye of Judgement, the fantastic CCG game for the PS3. This thread will serve as the place for discussion and organization of said tournament.

Tournament will begin Wednesday, 10/31/07, 6 PM EST

RULES:

Single Elimination Tournament - Best of 1

1. Since cards have been difficult to find for some people I'm going to limit this tournament to the starter deck plus one booster deck. Everyone should have that since it came in the initial EOJ package. That means that you must play with the starter deck but it can contain 1 additional rare or ultra rare, 2 additional uncommons, and up to 5 different common cards. Of course, you still need to stick to the 30 card limit. If anyone has any questions regarding what cards came with the starter deck let me know and I'll post my deck. If your cards don't match that please let me know beforehand.

2)Tournament sign-ups start now and will end on Wednesday 10/31/07 at 12 PM EST (noon).

3) First round pairings will be posted at 6 PM EST 10/31/07. You will have slightly more than 48 hours to play your match and report the winner by posting it in the thread. That means that I need all winners of the first round by 11:59 PM EST 11/02/07. Yes, 48 hours is a long time but I want to give everyone a chance to play. Second round pairings will be posted sometime early Saturday morning. Again, you'll have 48 hours to play that round. Future rounds will be posted after that.

4) Prizes - none right now, other than bragging rights. I'll work on getting something.

5) Relating to #1, I'm not going to ask you to post your deck but if you think someone might be cheating post here. Both of you will be required to post the contents of your deck for verification. It's a friendly tournament so don't cheat.

6) Please use voicechat if possible while playing. It's a social game so be social.

7) Matchmaking for this game isn't that great so I'll leave it up to you to figure out how best to schedule and play your games. All I need are results for the first round by Friday 11/2/07 at 6 PM. One suggested way to matchmake is to create a room, invite your opponent, and then close out of the room. Let the other person invite you and enter their room ASAP.

8) Once parings for the first round are posted it is your responsibility to contact your opponent and set up a time to play. If I don't get a result from you by 11:59 PM on Friday 11/2 both people will be out of the tournament. Obviously, if there are extenuating circumstances we'll deal with that. If you have tried to contact your opponent and they don't respond, etc... please let me know as soon as possible (I'd say by Thursday night). I'll try to contact them and see what the problem is. If they are, in fact, not responding I'm not going to punish you for it. We'll work something out.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything. Rules are subject to change until 1 PM, 10/31/07

DECK CLARIFICATION

This is what I consider the official starter deck (thanks MuttonChops)

EOJcards.jpg

If your starter deck differed from this in any way please contact me ASAP.

As for the booster cards, I realized that not everyone has their original booster intact or can remember what cards were contained in the booster that came with the game. So, as I stated in Rule #1, you use your starer deck as a "base" but can change up to 8 different cards (1 rare/ultra rare, 2 uncommon, 5 common). You still must have only 30 cards in your deck.

WARNING

This tournament was talked about on the front page of the site and as I was adding names I noticed a lot of people who aren't forum regulars. They either just joined the forum today or they have a really low post count. I think it's great that this tournament is drawing people to the site but I just want to give you some friendly advice before we start playing...

There are those of us who are forum regulars. We post almost daily and spend a decent amount of time here. As such, we sort of know each other. We may not always agree with each other and we may not even always like each other but we are always respectful to each other. Put simply, we know how to behave like adults. I'm sure those of you that just joined to play the tournament do as well but if I hear of anyone (regulars included) acting like a dick or causing trouble I will DQ your ass from this tournament so fast it will make your head spin. That clear? Good...

ROUND 1: COMPLETE

Ok, Round 1 is officially over. Here are the winners and the people who contacted me via PM regarding either problems with their opponet or connection problems.

I'm going to post Round 2 parings sometime Saturday morning and those matches will need to be played by midnight on Monday 11/5/07.

Please note that as of Round 2, it's not going to matter if your opponent doesn't show up or if you have connection problems. I want the parings in Round 3 of the tournament to be against people that have won at least one match. I realize that sometimes connection issues and opponent problems are out of your control and you may think you are being punished for this. You really aren't. I just need to set up some sort of cut-off point for those sort of problems and the end of Round 2 is it. If you are having connection problems try to get them resolved by the next tournament.

Round 1 Winners

RedDawn - PSN: thirdedition
Penatrode - PSN: Penatrode
RedMageDarion - PSN: RedMageDarion
whitewolfjm - PSN: whitewolfjm
Exhale - PSN: Exhale
Scynix - PSN: Scynix
Kinitari - PSN: Kinitari
Diablopup - PSN: Diablopup
spydey - PSN: WalkinPneumonia
n8nmonster - PSN: n8nmonster
rklllama - PSN: rklllama
acblack - PSN: WithaZ
ddubs14 - PSN: ddubs14
Pryan - PSN: LordKang
Phaeno - PSN: Phaeno
LupusYonderboy - PSN: LupusYonderboy
WanderingJester - PSN: WanderingJester
alexmsw - PSN: alexmsw
MonkeyConQueso - PSN: Aubvry
zigx - PSN: zigx
abotkin - PSN: abotkin
brand - PSN: Ownerator
Zorak15 - PSN: GunsmithCat
funtownarcade - PSN: Ryan313
sangretu - PSN: sangretu
Fuwaba - PSN: Fuwaba
NiteRavn - PSN: NiteRavn
BlackOpsPanda PSN: SavagePenguin
Chorazin - PSN: Chorazin
bfiggins - PSN: bfiggins
Alakhai - PSN: AlakhaiVaynard
Kenosis - PSN: Kenosis
Kealiha - PSN: Kealiha
truboi - PSN: truboi
Vertigo - PSN: Hoeney
Malechai - PSN: Malechai
Ternal - PSN: Ternal

Connection Issues / Opponent Issues
Einherjar - PSN: LegendsEnd
Aith - PSN: Aith
joejai - PSN: joejai
Fartwinky - PSN: Hotchik69
Josh7289 - PSN: Josh7289
raculot - PSN: raculot
CHA0SiUM - PSN: CHA0SiUM
Crescens - PSN: Cray
Lareden - PSN: Lareden
Pig Destroyer - PSN: GodlessEndeavor
Dante43 - PSN: Dante43
MadManDan - PSN: MadManDan
lawl - PSN: elohel
Icepick - PSN: Icepick72
DaLancer - PSN: DaLancer
Manetherenwolf - PSN: Manetherenwolf
Ryadic - PSN: Ryadic
PikaPuff - PSN: PikaPuff
MuttonChops - PSN: Mutton_Chops
knowmywrath - PSN: know my wrath

ROUND 2 - COMPLETE

Here are the pairings for ROUND 2. It was random and you'll notice that there are two groups. Group A contains all of the people who played matches and won in Round 1 with the exception of Ternal. He needed to be moved to Group B to even things out. Group B contains the people who had issues in Round 1. Hopefully there won't be any issues this round. If there are, I'm sorry but there's really nothing I can do for you. I want everyone in Round 3 to have at least played and won 1 match. It's only fair to those who will have beaten two opponents by that point. There will be other tournaments so if you continue to have connection issues please try to resolve them the best you can.

You may begin playing these matches now. I'll need results by midnight EST, Monday 11/5/07.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be out of town this weekend so I won't be able to check the board as often as I normally do. However, I will be checking it. Just don't panic if you don't hear from me right away.

Winners

WanderingJester - PSN: WanderingJester
Crescens - PSN: Cray
CHA0SiUM - PSN: CHA0SiUM
MuttonChops - PSN: Mutton_Chops
Fuwaba - PSN: Fuwaba
abotkin - PSN: abotkin
sangretu - PSN: sangretu
bfiggins - PSN: bfiggins
Zorak15 -PSNID : GunsmithCat
LupusYonderboy VS. truboi - PSN: truboi
Whitewolfjm - PSN: Whitewolfjm

ROUND 3 : COMPLETE

ROUND 4: COMPLETE

ROUND 5: Complete

There's some question about the Ternal match so we might need to add him in sometime later. Chances are I'll just play him. If he wins he'll advance, if he loses he's out.

I'd like these to be completed by 8 AM Wednesday morning, 11/14

Zorak15 -PSNID : GunsmithCat VS. DaLancer - PSN: DaLancer
n8nmonster - PSN: n8nmonster VS. zigx - PSN: zigx

FINAL ROUND

Looks like it's...

Zorak15 -PSNID : GunsmithCat vs. zigx - PSN: zigx

for the final Round.

Play and let us know who wins...

ZORAK15 WINS!

steam_sig.png
Tw4win on

• Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    IMPORTANT - READ THIS

Ok, here's what's going to happen...

There are several people that have contacted me via PM saying that they tried to contact their opponent and they didn't respond, etc... Keep trying. Pester the hell out of them.

In the meantime, send me a PM telling me that you are trying to contact them and it's not working.

Friday at midnight EST if I don't have a result from you posted in this thread I'm going to assume that you never got in contact with the person. Please note that you must PM me. I won't dig through the thread looking for people telling me that their opponent didn't contact them. Please, if you are having this issue, PM Me.

I'll say it again. PM ME.

Round 2 is going to go as follows:

We're going to have two brackets. People who won their matches (Pool A) and people who had opponents that flaked out on them (Pool B). Winners will play only winners and the others will play only people lacking a partner in round 1. Round 3 will see someone from Pool A face off against someone from Pool B. Obviously after that it won't be a problem.

Please note that starting with Round 2 I don't think it's going to be fair to say "my opponent won't respond" so no more "free" passes.

This sound OK for everyone?

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in, it will make me get my lighting setup finalized.

RedDawn - PSN: thirdedition

RedDawn on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FUCK YOU I HAVE TO WORK 13 HOURS ON WEDNESDAY AND HAVE THURSDAY OFF, FUCK FUCK FUCK

The Sneak! on
    edited October 2007
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    FUCK YOU I HAVE TO WORK 13 HOURS ON WEDNESDAY AND HAVE THURSDAY OFF, FUCK FUCK FUCK

That's not a problem. You have until Friday at 6 to play your game.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sign me up!

I will trust the heart of the cards.

I will believe in my Pokeymans.

I shall not be defeated. I shall not flag or fail.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can I show you my biolith warriors?

(my biolith warriors, can i show you them?)

I'm in.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
    edited October 2007
    TheMadjai wrote: »

I'm in.

Just make sure you post your PSN name.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    We're gonna need some way to deal with the crappy matchmaking.

The only thing I can think of is to have one person invite the other, then cancel out of the room, and wait for the other person to invite them, so they can immediately get in the room without having to worry.

Or something.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I would like to be in on this. However, I have a Halloween party on Wednesday, but I will play Thursday or Friday. Game on.

etoychest on
    edited October 2007
    We're gonna need some way to deal with the crappy matchmaking.

The only thing I can think of is to have one person invite the other, then cancel out of the room, and wait for the other person to invite them, so they can immediately get in the room without having to worry.

Or something.

That's probably the best way to do it.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Someone buy me a PS3.

precisionk on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Im in.

PSN - Manetherenwolf

ManetherenWolf on
  • Pig DestroyerPig Destroyer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So in on this.

PSN Name: GodlessEndeavor

Pig Destroyer on
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm gonna sign up but my schedule is tight. I've got a Halloween party on Wednesday as well and a convention that runs from Thursday until Sunday. I'm running on Newfoundland Standard Time, which is an hour and a half ahead of EST. So 6PM wednesday will be 7:30 for me.

PSN: Mutton_Chops

I'm going to post this here seeing as how I already had it made up. My Starter and Booster.
    EOJcards.jpg

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sure, what the hell, I'm in.

PSN Nick: Chorazin

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Pig DestroyerPig Destroyer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is there a way to tell on the card what rarity it is?

Pig Destroyer on
  • DerigorDerigor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    dang I want in, but I lack the starter deck.... maybe I'll see if my fiance wants in (the game is hers but she got me addicted :( ). Damn my lust for card collecting. Too bad my mountains of marvel cards form the 80's dont work

Derigor on
    PSN: Derigor
    A hulk's power is jumping.
    edited October 2007
    Is there a way to tell on the card what rarity it is?

Yeah, the lower right corner of the picture has a little symbol.

Black = common
    White - uncommon
    Silver - Rare
    Gold - Ultra Rare

@ MuttonChops - Your schedule is a bit restrictive but I don't have a problem with you playing. If someone is willing to work around your schedule I'll try to pair you up with that person first round. Otherwise, it's going to be luck of the draw.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I just checked the convention's itinerary and it looks like there are no events Thursday evening. So If I can't squeeze the match in on Wednesday I'll be available Thursday from about 3:30pm to 11pm EST.

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm so in:

MonkeyConQueso - PSN: Aubvry

BTW, anyone notice the leaderboard cheating going on? There's 2 guys out there with over 1000 honor, and every time I go to watch the game, it's a disconnected game (board comes up, replay ends). Not like it really matters, it's just dumb.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Someone buy me a PS3.

Seriously. This game is making me want a PS3 so bad. I really need to stop reading threads about it, as my wallet can not support this.

Inquisitor on
  • Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm totally in.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • DerigorDerigor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I brought my friends over this weekend and showed them this game. Neither one of them had any interest in ccg's. Both of them are buying ps3's for this game now. Hell I didnt like ccg's but im addicted. Now if I can come up with a way to rev mana up for my biolith deck I wouldnt get whooped by my Fiance.

Derigor on
    PSN: Derigor
    A hulk's power is jumping.
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    TheMadjai wrote: »

I'm in.

Just make sure you post your PSN name.

Madjai
    (Yes, this is different from before. Apologies. "TheMadjai" is not my PSNID. Whoever invited me as a friend, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just an idiot.)

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • cocojencocojen Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    me too i'm in!!!! PSN: Cocojen

cocojen on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was just thinking about how this game would die down for me if I didn't have tournaments to play in. PA has answered my prayers! GAME ON!!!

Sign me up.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • SchmeckleSchmeckle Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Count me in. I already modified my deck though so I will need to go over the list of what the starter deck looked like.

Sorry, forgot PSN: Schmeckle

Schmeckle on
  • CHA0SiUMCHA0SiUM Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    Sign me up! :)

PSN: CHA0SiUM (that's a zero, not an "o")

CHA0SiUM on
  • WhitewolfjmWhitewolfjm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am in.

PSN: whitewolfjm
    PSU: whitewolfjm

Whitewolfjm on
    3DS Friend Code: 0275-8881-6723
    3DS Friend Name: Whitewolfjm
    Pokemon Y In-game name: Superman
  • DebaserZbsDebaserZbs Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Count me in.

PSNtag: FancyLand
    AIM Name: DebaserZbs

Just to let my opponent know, I won't be able to play until about 6 p.m. (EST) on Thursday. At that point I am pretty much free in the evening. Friday is fine for me as well.

Hmm. Now to figure out how I am going to make this deck... 8-)

PS - I bought the retail version of Warhawk when it came out, but I haven't messed with the Bluetooth headset yet. Does anyone here know how to get it synced up with the system? I'm somewhat aloof when dealing with these newfangled doodads. O_o

DebaserZbs on
  • prfntbtrprfntbtr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This sounds good, I am totally in.

PSN: Meaty_Ochre

prfntbtr on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am in.

PSN: chamberlain

Clarification - Do all of the 'booster' cards have to come from one booster, or can I cherry pick between boosters?

chamberlain on
  • le.diable.rougele.diable.rouge Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    pls include me on the roster as well, psn:le_diable_rouge

le.diable.rouge on
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am in.

PSN: chamberlain

Clarification - Do all of the 'booster' cards have to come from one booster, or can I cherry pick between boosters?

I don't see how in the hell I'll remember what cards came from what booster, so I have a feeling Tw4win stated the following because that is the size of a booster:

"That means that you must play with the starter deck but it can contain 1 additional rare or ultra rare, 2 additional uncommons, and up to 5 different common cards. Of course, you still need to stick to the 30 card limit."

Of course I could be wrong, if so, please clarify Tw4win!

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • brandbrand Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    Sign me up please.

PSNID = Ownerator

brand on
  • EinherjarEinherjar Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Count me in, PSN: LegendsEnd

Einherjar on
  • shiznitoshiznito Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    Do we sign up for it here?
    cause there's two other threads on the forums that have people signing up...

If we sign up here. I'm in.
    PSN: Buterz13

shiznito on
  • dookieagaindookieagain Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am very much interested in joining. My PSN is Dookieagain.

dookieagain on
    sig1.jpg
    dookieagain.png
  • DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    grr... I was going to wait on Eye of Judgement, but now I may as well pick it up. Damn you addicting card games!

I'll post again once I have it for sure so I can sign up :S

Draknodred on
  • rklllamarklllama MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is Bob, and I'm in.

PSN: rklllama

rklllama on