As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New member =NSFW=

Cola KoalaCola Koala Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Artist's Corner
Hey folks.

I've been lurking here for a while and have seen some really awesome stuff. You guys can be really intimidating but I've decided to post a couple of things that I have done recently.

This is my first painting. I did it around the beginning of this semester. I had a lot of trouble on the face.
paintings002.jpg

This is my second painting. I finished it a few weeks ago.
paintings001.jpg

And this is a ballpoint pen drawing I did a couple days ago of an old work glove.
JakesGlove.jpg

Thats all I have for now but I'll put up some more when I get them scanned. I am new to painting so if anyone has any helpful pointers, I'd be most appreciative.

Cola Koala on

• Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm glad to have more fine arts type people around actually. This stuff very much reminds me of the work I was doing my junior and senior years in AP Studio to prepare my portfolio- very typical paintings and portraits and technical still lifes. You're a decent painter, a few very tiny anatomy complaints and bland palette but I'd be more interested in seeing some creative stuff, like what you do for concepts and fun everyday. Welcome.

I like how all the new folks save us the trouble of pointing how new they are in their thread titles.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Nice stuff. The paintings look a little flat in regards to colours and lighting (especially the guy's hair), but it's hard to tell with photos of paintings, mine always look a lot different in photos than in real life.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    laughterkillsmelaughterkillsme Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    -SPI- wrote:
    Nice stuff. The paintings look a little flat in regards to colours and lighting (especially the guy's hair), but it's hard to tell with photos of paintings, mine always look a lot different in photos than in real life.

Yeah, I dunno if its the photo of a painting that does it ... but the photo makes him look distorted since the hair looks flat.

Either way nice job, better than I could do for sures.

laughterkillsme on
    freealonesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanks for the comments guys. I agree about flatness (although my pictures don't help) and the color. Its definitely something I'll have to work harder at.
    Although I just started painting, it is really fun.
    I like how all the new folks save us the trouble of pointing how new they are in their thread titles.
    Sorry about that. I admit that there are far more interesting thread titles I could have come up with. :)

Cola Koala on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wow that's some amazing cross-hatching. I like.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    PootPoot Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yeah that cross hatching is pretty impressive. How big is that drawing?

Poot on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I did the glove on a sheet 9x12 paper

Cola Koala on