As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pal Community Thread 2.0 - Please read the first post :)

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »
    I got a little trick up my sleeve before that. ^_^

Is there a rabbit and a hat involved? :P

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Kris has pins so this isn't off topic.

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I find myself unreasonably excited for new staff sets and new gabe/tycho pins. I'm still hoping for those retina display comic pins someday. My holy grail of pins

• Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping they incorporate the retina display portraits into a 20th anniversary pin. Just layers, and layers...

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    I take it back, I'm going to need a Maria the bear pin like right now. Next AI set needs Jim's lady illusion, Maria the bear, Santa elf, and... Chris Perkins :P

• Options
    bravesaturnbravesaturn World's Best Entry Level Employee Registered User regular
    Keroan wrote: »
    I take it back, I'm going to need a Maria the bear pin like right now. Next AI set needs Jim's lady illusion, Maria the bear, Santa elf, and... Chris Perkins :P

i also need a maria pin! and a jezzer pin. all the things must be pins, basically.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Jerry just posted about a "Gingerbread Set".

Commence speculation.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Probably won't have dickerdoodles :(

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Probably won't have dickerdoodles :(

We can dream, Orth. We can dream...

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

i also need a maria pin! and a jezzer pin. all the things must be pins, basically.

Being Australian, I suspect the canon spelling is Jezza ;)

evil santa on
    Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Hey, I'm looking for someone to take my spot in a hardcore Pin Pal group for next year at PAX East, as I cannot attend. Let me know if interested!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • Options
    luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    Hi All, I wanted to say that this is a wonderful community! I was worried about volunteering to be the Aus Proxy, if I would go insane chasing down information and money. But out of 25 people ordering, only 1 person didn't pay and that was just 1 Aus set. Everyone was great- placed orders, gave addresses and paid promptly. It was a great experience and I strangely look forward to it next year. If anyone was worried about becoming a proxy or joining a pin group, don't be. We are awesome!

• Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Posted in the wrong thread. Can this be deleted? @zerzhul

Capt Wasabi on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    No, your shame shall stand for eternity.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    EDIT: Shit.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Since the pin bags are on the fritz, what does everyone suggest ways to compactly yet safely carry a lot of pins to PAXen because I'm not getting to the point where even if I used the pin bag I'd need a second to hold it all comfortably.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Since the pin bags are on the fritz, what does everyone suggest ways to compactly yet safely carry a lot of pins to PAXen because I'm not getting to the point where even if I used the pin bag I'd need a second to hold it all comfortably.

Define "a lot".

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    5 sets in package and 161 individual pins and this is not including any pins gained from DSB and the xmas Arma case

• Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    There is an awesome thread detailing storage and display with lot's of suggestions to fit any budget.

I found a pretty good trading bag on eBay for $14 by searching "Disney Pin Trade Bag". It wasn't as nice looking as the PA one I bought, but also didn't damage any pins, or smell totally weird.

• Options
    If you're going on the cheap, cardboard is the way to go. Custom sizes! Fits in any bag!

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    Hingo wrote: »
    If you're going on the cheap, cardboard is the way to go. Custom sizes! Fits in any bag!

I do like cheap but it feels like it might be a bit inconvenient when trying to trade to have to dig through a bunch of cardboard presses. I know we've had this conversation on the utility of the cardboard cases, but didn't know if something new has popped up.

• Options
    If you want to get really crazy you can shell-out for the cardboard with right-angles and just box the fuck out!

B9bIn2v.jpg

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    break up pins into snap lock bags

• Options
    OH2Mal1.jpg
    That can easily hold 90 pins. I generally don't ever feel comfortable carrying that much around with me at one time anyway. I prefer to have less than $500 worth of pins on me always.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »
    I got a little trick up my sleeve before that. ^_^

Is there a rabbit and a hat involved? :P

More likely a rabbit and a chicken. :D

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    So... how'd we all do getting East passes?

• Options
    AmberxAltF4AmberxAltF4 Durham, NCRegistered User regular
    So... how'd we all do getting East passes?

Got East passes! Hotel queue was a crazy cluster because @brainiac744 and I were at lunch and had to try and book from mobile... and both got an "unexpected error" with no other notes at checkout. We're at the Aloft though, thanks to a frantic phone call and some quick booking by my husband. :)

What about you?

Trade me pins: Lanyard!

XoFQ4b7.png
  • Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Is it normal to be this excited about East when South hasn't even happened yet? And for that matter, about Prime West '16?

Also can confirm that @AmberxAltF4's hubby saved the day.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So... is Prime called West now? I saw a post today about official Super Mario Maker levels and one was title PAX West Omeganaut Final Round 2015 or something, which confused me a great deal.

• Options
    OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Then we'll have to be PAX North ... way, way, way north.

• Options
    daledenton420daledenton420 Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    I was able to get some. PAX HYPE! i just sent out my first trade too so im super hyped about today! Some sweet pax aus pins coming my way

• Options
    misskass wrote: »
    So... is Prime called West now? I saw a post today about official Super Mario Maker levels and one was title PAX West Omeganaut Final Round 2015 or something, which confused me a great deal.

Yeah Khoo made it official on Twitter.

Personally, I like it. It sounds... less elitist? Not that they are, but it makes everyone level on a name field. My friend worried that this meant it would be "easier" to transition out of Seattle someday

• Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    THE PA STORE FINALLY HAS A PIN TAB!!!!!

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Nope wrote: »

#bigtime

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    That can easily hold 90 pins. I generally don't ever feel comfortable carrying that much around with me at one time anyway. I prefer to have less than $500 worth of pins on me always.

Oh dear lord, please don't ever put a monetary value to my insanity like that again. :(

• Options
    edited November 2015

Woah, that redesign is LEGIT. You can sort and everything. It's everything I ever dreamed @_@

Keroan on
  • Options
    sennohkisennohki Hobart, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Prime and Aus team looking for a South buddy and an East Buddy.
    PM me if you want to join an enthusiast team!
    </recruit>

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Woah, that redesign is LEGIT. You can sort and everything. It's everything I ever dreamed @_@

Not a new feature, but when I discovered I could exclude terms from a search, it really improved my Pinny shopping experience.
    pinny -"killer instinct"

This discussion has been closed.